• Published 30th Jan 2016
  • 1,555 Views, 138 Comments

Pokemon: World of Remnants - Metroid Prime



Arceus thought he could take both humans and Pokemon from their world and leave it to die. We'll just see about that.

  • ...
9
 138
 1,555

I Burn

Opening Theme


Tsushima Island, 14 Years ago

The Magma Corporation was known for a lot of things. It had revolutionized technology, rebuilt cities in months where it took government's years; heck, it even launched the world's first orbital space station.

But the company didn’t get its profits just from selling science alone. Another division that the corporation endorsed was its private military army.

Whenever certain situations called for an extreme show of power and skill, the Hoenn government would hire the army to deal with situations others could not.

And this certainly was a dire situation.

Tsushima Island had been under the control of the Pokemon led Terrorist organization known as the Pokemon Liberation Army, a group hell bent on “Liberating” Pokemon from the enslavement of mankind. And when they meant liberate, they mean kill every human in the world until only Pokemon remain.

So, ever since the island fell to the army, countless attempts have been made to try and take back the place, all of which have been met with bloody resistance.They even strung up mutilated bodies to try and scare the Hoenn Region from trying to take back the island. At least that's how it was.

The change in tide came when it was learned that Rayquaza was, somehow against all odds, taken prisoner by the army, only to be released later by a strike team sent to free the Legendary Pokemon. Although the exact details of just what exactly happened during the mission were kept off the books.

Now the PLA was vulnerable, a heavy loss of troops and the death of one of their most feared generals had left the army in disarray, the Hoenn Government decided to strike now and end this war while they still could.

And as such they have called in a little help.


Cynder Haven Mann was not your average women. Those who were close to her knew that the power she wielded was to be feared and respected. Her husband Maxie knew this, and on some level, even their son, Brandon.

She was on an airship with her private army, on their way to finish off the PLA, whose time on the island of Tsushima was long overstayed.

The women looked at the computer screen as she took in a good view of the destruction and devastation that this army of sociopaths had caused. It would be a while before the city could be repaired and repopulated.

“Maybe Mara will call me again, telling me that the Council wants my company to repair the damage done.”

With a motion of her hand, she levitated a drink into her hands and took a sip.

“Then again, why wouldn't they?”

Cynder was one of the few humans born with psychokinetic powers, and according to some, she had a level of psionic mastery that put her on a level similar to that of Saffron City Gym Leader Sabrina, or Unova Elite Four Caitlin.

But her training as a psychic user came from under the tutelage of Kalos Region Gym Leader Olympia, and after leaving her mentorship, she used her newfound skills to create the company that would become the Magma Corporation.

The years of being the CEO of a multi-billion dollar company had its perks. Access to the world's cutting edge tech, a life of luxury and happiness; she had everything she wanted.

But Cynder did not start the successful company for the money or tech. She did it mostly to test two theories that many had claimed was already proven.

Did absolute power corrupt absolutely? Is it true that “Power Changes Everything”?

Well, she could only agree on one.

“Miss Cynder?”

Cynder looked up to see another image pop up on her bridges screen. It's was her assistant, Emerald. She had green hair and white skin as a testament to her name.

“Yes, Emerald, what is it?”

“We will be landing outside the city in five minutes? Shall me and Neo prepare the troops?”

“Yes, make sure everyone is ready to go once I give the order.”

“Yes, ma’am.”

The screen then went away, leaving Cynder with a small smile as she recalled when she met Emerald.

The young girl was a street orphan who had been caught stealing. She had a talent for misdirection and playing magic tricks to distract people. Cynder, at one point, even theorized that she may be descended from the Phantom Fox line. After she was caught, Cynder took her under her wing, feeling her skills could be more useful when used to further her own goals.

But today was not a day of memories. Today was the day she was gonna do what no one had accomplished yet.

Killing Commander Viper, leader of the PLA.

But Cynder was not going to kill him simply because he had massacred an entire island, nor was she going to kill him just to put the snake out of his misery. For when she did, she would be hailed as a hero of Hoenn and it would only serve to bring in more profit and more power to her company.

After all, power changes everything.

“Viper may have experienced everyday modern warfare, but I’d like to see how he fares when I show him advanced warfare.”


Commander Viper’s Quarters

At the heart of the cities confines, Viper seethed as he looked over his maps. Everyone of them showed him the status and positions of his forces and he wasn’t liking what he was seeing. ‘The humans have gained too much ground. Far too much. If Voira was here-’ He hissed in anger as he remembered how it all had happened and losing his high general.

“This war is not lost,” Viper said, before someone knocked. “Whoever that is better have a good reason for coming here.” He slithered over and opened the door, allowing for a Houndoom to come walking in. “General Doom, what is your status report?”

“We’re holding fast, Commander.” He bowed his head. “We even took ground from the enemy in the West.”

“And the South?” Viper narrowed his eyes.

“The… latest distraction cost us much.” Doom said, “But we have the necessary precautions in place to halt this advance.”

Viper nodded, “Good. We must hold out. The humans will realize our holy mission cannot be stopped soon enough. Whether we die or not means nothing. Our message is clear, is that understood?”

“Yes, Commander.” Doom replied. “They won’t know what’ll hit them.” He gave a salute, which Viper matched, before marching on out.

Viper gave a tired sigh, “They will pay for this. They will pay dearly.” He paused to wonder about his son, but he was sure he was fine. The boy needed to be tough to survive after all. He was his son. Gard was safe, so all he needed to do was focus on his vengeance. “Voira, you will not have died in vain.”


The time had come as the large airship had landed just outside the city borders. Other smaller ships carrying additional troops landed nearby and began to disengage the troops they were carrying.

The army Cynder brought with her divided up into three parts: the highly trained all around grunts who would engage the foot soldiers of the PLA, the robotic G.I.M.P. (General Infantry Magma Personal) Units who were controlled by the ship’s A.I. that would walk unflinchingly through the firefights, and, finally, the specialist soldiers who would be reserved for high priority targets like Generals and lieutenants of the PLA.

Everything was in place as some soldiers boarded mechs that would provide a edge on the battlefield. The stage was set for war as Cynder herself walked down from the ship, all her soldiers standing at attention when they saw her.

The CEO once again looked at the devastated city as she knew her prey was slithering around the ruined metropolis, no doubt planning his next move.

“Emerald,” Cynder said into her mic. “Is everything in place?”

“Yes, ma’am. The game is set. You only have to make the first move.”

“No Emerald, the game has already begun. Past moves have taken place here. We are just going to finish it.”

“Yes, ma’am, of course.”

“Alright, men,” Cynder said to her assembled grunts “The contract is clear. We are to finish this. The people of Hoenn want this war to end. Once we take out their leaders and scatter their followers to the wind, the PLA will be nothing more than a faded memory. If any of you wish to leave now and not risk your necks for your next paycheck, speak now or forever hold thy piss.”

Some grunts gave each other uncertain looks at the final line of Cynder’s statement. The CEO was not known to make a pun, for she always spoke with a serious tone.

“No?Well then.”

The boss of a multi-billion dollar corporation stretched out her hand to the city before them.

“Go, and show these Pokémon what happens when they defy the master race of this world.”

At the last word, a battle cry of approval went through the crowd and the soldiers began their march on the city.

“Emerald.”

“Yes, ma’am?”

“Send in the Lighting strike jets. Let the enemy know we’re here.”


Gard was absolutely miserable.

And given that the Kirlia had lost his mother to those wretched humans, it was understandable. He had watched her die. It happened all right in front of him and he didn’t know how to take that. Sev wasn’t here or any of the others. He didn’t know what to do right now.

“Stupid humans. Stupid war. Stupid everything.” His anger grew by the moment as did his sorrow. This was why most of the stuff inside the room was broken, aside from the bed. “I’ll make them pay.” Most of him meant it. Most. A part of him was tired of it all and he just wanted it to go away.

He never knew the name of the human who killed his mother, nor did he have the time and energy to read his mind to find out. As far as he knew, that human could be miles away and he would never see him again.

“I will find youm” Gard said to himself, “And when I do, I’m gonna enjoy tearing your mind apart,” A small sadistic smile grew on the Kirlia’s face. “Neuron by neuron.”

At that moment, a young Pokemon’s thirst for death was planted that day.

*KATHOOM*

Gard was snapped out his murderous trance when a shockwave rocked the entire building.

“What in the name of Arceus!?”

The Emotion Pokemon walked to the window to see a scary sight.

From what it looked like, the humans had just bombard the city with a barrage of firepower. PLA members were scrambling all around to try and make sense of the chaos.

But Gard knew what he had to do: find Commander Viper.


Viper had many levels of unhappiness, and this was one of the lowest. He snarled as he looked up, imagining the bombers flying overhead. “They think more bombs will stop us? Ha, disgusting maggots. Blessed warriors of Arceus can persevere.” He coiled his tail around a microphone and brought it to his lips.

“Soldiers of Arceus. We shall weather this storm as we have done all the others. He is with us, and with his guidance, I shall lead you all to victory. Never give up. Never surrender.” He could hear a few cheers, before the bombs dropped again. He snorted. “Stupid humans.” He slithered out of the room. General Doom had taken his forces elsewhere, so he was going to have to look over his troops more personally this time.

“Commander Viper,” little Gard’s voice spoke up as he ran up to the Commander. He stopped and saluted, “We’re being bombed, sir.”

Viper snorted and dismissed him, “I know, little one. Go to your room until the fighting is done.”

“But I can help,” Gard said. “I can do stuff to them and make them pay.”

Viper shook his head, “It is too dangerous for you. Do as I say.”

“But-”

“I command you to go back to your room,” Viper gave him a glare that made Gard shakingly nod before slowly going back. He sighed. The hate coming from Gard was suffocating. He would need to find someone to help him soon enough. He sort of cared for the boy after all. That and Voira’s trick needed to survive.


Neo was a mute: at least, that how everyone saw it. No one knew if the girl couldn’t talk or simply wouldn't.

However when it came to close quarters combat, it came to her as easy as it was to someone making a conversation.

She calmly walked through the battlefield as various soldiers unleashed a barrage of gunfire and weaponry on the PLA. She watched as a Bisharp attempted to get up close and personal with a Specialist, but was met with surprise when the human revealed his hidden energy blades, matching the Bisharp from blow to blow.

Not far away, she saw a squadron of Kecleon conceal themselves as they confronted a group of G.I.M.P.s, but they could not hide from the thermal vision of the Experimental War Robots, as evident when the Pokemon were mowed down in a hail of bullets.

She reveled in the violence and carnage as the Magma PMs moved throughout the city. To her, it was all right. These Pokemon had forgotten who dominated this world. They tried to fight the power and now they were gonna lose everything.

Humanity was the master race of this planet, and after today, all Pokemon would remember it.

Neo then snapped out of her daydream as she saw a rather punch happy looking Machamp walking towards her all menacingly.

Her low chuckle was drowned out by the sounds of war as she unsheathed her blade that was concealed in her cane.

This would be fun.


Jackson Grace signed up for this mission because it paid well. He didn’t care for the Magma Corporation. Their ‘human master race’ thing was kind of creepy to be honest. Okay, incredibly creepy, but he kept that to himself. He wanted to be paid after all. After this, he wouldn’t have to deal with them. He could spend time with his wife and twin daughters.

He crouched behind a large piece of building. His grip on his rifle tightened as he heard a Lightning Bolt fried two soldiers nearby. Perhaps he should have brought a Pokemon or two. ‘Thanks, Hoenn.’ He grumbled before standing up and firing at an Electrike. The creature yelled and went down, but two more forced him to take cover.

“Jackson,” a female soldier ran up beside him. “They’re coming down on us hard.”

“Seems they kind of underestimated them,” Jackson snorted. “Or just threw us into the meat grinder.”

“Typical company,” she rolled her eyes, before taking out a grenade and arming it. “Frag out.” She raised her arm and threw it over the barrier. “We’re going to have to push soon. Orders from up top.”

“How?” Jackson looked at her. “We’d need a tank to push through that.”

“That’s the orders,” she replied. “They’re sending a few more troops over here.”

“Good,” Jackson tilted his head over to his right. “The last bunch are strewn over there.” It didn’t take long before another group of soldiers made their way around to them. They had lost a few to a few Carnivines, but they still had enough to push on through.

Jackson opted to move through the building to their right. There wasn’t as much fighting there and the PLA weren’t focusing on those buildings. At least, not from anything he’d seen so far. “Keep quiet,” he whispered along. The soldiers moved along quietly, A part of him thought they were going to make it.

“Zong,” a distorted voice could be heard before a spinning creature smashed through the wall and slammed into a soldier, crushing her chest. The creature, a Bronzong, then used Confusion, causing several soldiers to gape and fumble about without doing anything.

“Shat,” Jackson opened fire, prompting a few others to do the same. The steel/psychic type’s skin reflected most, though Jackson’s own got a few good hits. It paid to have a bunch of armor piercing rounds on standby. The Bronzong tried to use a few Shadow Balls on them. He kept dodging behind desks and other large items. Thankfully, he was able to move in close enough and get a head shot.

“Everyone alright?”

“Yeah,” the female soldier he had been talking with before, Emily, nodded. “A couple injured, one dead.”

Jackson nodded. This was war. He was expecting to lose a few, “Let’s press on.”


Gard was not happy as he sat in his room. He should be out there fighting for the cause his mother died for!

But the Commander was one of the few people in the world he respected and listened to, and to disobey the Commander’s wishes was a death sentence, and his status as Voria’s son would only get him so far.

“I wish Winter was here.”

The Frogadier had mysteriously vanished sometime before the Rayquaza was captured, along with General Geo. There were several rumors as to what happened to her: some say she was captured by the humans during one of their raids, others say her body was caught in a explosion and was left unrecognizable. But the most popular and worse theory was that she deserted the cause.

Gard prayed that the last one wasn’t true. To abandoned the cause meant you had a kill order painted on your back for the rest of your life from the PLA. And Gard certainly did not want to see one of his oldest and best friend’s dead by the hands of the Pokemon he swore his life to.

Plus, he still harbored some feelings towards the frog Pokemon.

“Imagine if she was a Greninja...I could stare at those legs all day.”

To past the time, Gard imagined himself and Winter in their final forms. A smile found a way to his face and he mentally pictured her slender and sexy legs.

However his mental image was dispersed as he heard a commotion from outside his door, it was the sound of walking boots.

But PLA don’t wear boots, unless……


Jackson and his fellow soldiers had found their way inside the building, the arrival of some G.I.M.P. units made it easier to get past any resistance. Before he could say anything, a Dodrio moved a head out from cover and fired a Hyper Beam. “DUCK!” He threw himself down to the ground, before the attack smashed into a G.I.M.P. unit and the blast sending several others slamming into walls.

He snarled and raised his rifle, taking aim. The Dodrio tried to move its head around again, but he fired. The head went limp and he could hear the other two screech in pain and anger. Running around the corner, they cawed. Jackson fired an entire clip into the creature, killing it just before it could reach him. He changed out his cartridge, berating himself for using so much on one. ‘Doesn’t help that it takes too much to kill a pokemon.’

Just then, he he heard something from one of the rooms. He narrowed his eyes and motioned for some of the still active members to follow. They moved to both sides of the door. Preparing himself, since he knew he could probably die in the next few seconds, he kicked open the door. Pointing his gun about, he swept his gaze over the room. He sighed in relief, “Nothing. It’s nothing. Get the troops ready for our next push.” The others nodded and walked out.

Before he did, he heard the softest of whimpers. Quirking an eyebrow, he looked back to the bed. ‘Did a kid survive?’ He walked on over and knelt down. He looked under the bed and saw a young Kirlia. He frowned. He wasn’t sure what to do now, but he sure wasn’t going to do what he’d been doing all day to this little one.

“Hey,” his voice grabbed the Kirlia’s attention. “I’m not going to hurt you. I promise. I’m one of the good guys.” The Kirlia made his way deeper under the bed. “I’m not going to hurt you.” He gently placed his gun down and opened his palms as he laid down. “See? I don’t have a weapon anymore.”

The Kirlia still didn’t do anything. He sighed. He couldn’t just leave him there and he just didn’t want to tell the Magma fellas about this one. So he took out an empty pokeball he had hid on his person for an emergency. “I know you’re going to hate this and when we get home, I’ll never put you in it again.” The Kirlia looked at him confused, before he opened the ball. The Pokémon disappeared in a flash of red, before the ball clicked close. “Guess you weren’t as strong as you thought.” He grabbed his gun and stood up, hiding the ball in his uniform. “Let’s move out!” he called to the others.


Meanwhile

Cynder walked down the fire and smoke filled streets of the city as the battle was now starting to go in her favor.

Despite a few...setbacks, most of the city was now under Magma control. The G.I.M.P. robots had taken care of the most resistance, plus the mechs and walker tanks hand put down any stage three Pokemon that dared try and gamble their lives.

“Technology: ya gotta love it.”

Yet, despite this, there was no word on the location of Commander Viper. She had expected to find him fighting alongside the army he so desperately relied everything on.

Cynder was not the type of leader to just sit back and let your underlings do the work for you. Why send your guardians into battle all the time to deal with threats you yourself could just as easily help defeat? Honestly, it was not different than a king sending his best knights into battle while he just sits back on his throne, doing nothing until he just shows up at the end to take all the glory.

“You know the old saying,” she said to herself “A leader must set the example for his troops.” Cynder’s eyes laid on the Silph Co. building. Then she turned on her comm.

“Emerald?”

“Yes, ma’am?”

“Is the loud speaker on?”

“Yes.”

“Good, I have something to say to the Commander.”

Soon, a dropship contrainting a loudspeaker appeared over the general area, then Cynder’s voice was heard by everyone nearby.

“Commander Viper! This is Cynder Mann of the Magma Corporation! Come out and face me in mortal combat, unless Arceus’s chosen Warrior is to scared to fight a single human!”


Viper was never one to worry about things, after all he was destined for greatness, but that doesn’t mean he had sweat drops here and there. He lamented the heat and the sickly blood from a few soldiers who had come too close to his whereabouts. He was not going to be shown up by some human. Not now. Not then. Not ever. He snarled and answered on the microphone.

“This is Commander Viper of the Pokemon Liberation Army, blessed he by Arceus himself. You dare to stand against the true force of justice?!! You humans dare to stand against us?”

“I don’t dare, Commander Viper, I do. If you truly believe your cause has the divine blessing of Arceus himself, then killing me in a one v one fight should not be a problem for you. What was it that your propaganda said? It would be like cutting down grass? Some filthy and annoying grass?”

“Then I shall meet your challenge,” Viper answered. “You will die like all the others and your blood will drown the rivers of your race.”

Later

Everyone one both sides had gathered in the what remained of the city plaza. The members of the Magma Corporation stood on the west side, while what little remained of the PLA were all on the east side.

The tension was so thick, one need a hammer to break it.

On one side was a group who fought for human supremacy...in a sense, while the other fought for the liberation of all Pokemon...and to commit human genocide. And today would decide which belief was stronger.

As Cynder waited for her opponent to arrive, she saw Neo bring to her what she requested.

A special case with the Magma logo was held up to her by the silent girl. Upon opening it, she took out what was inside.

A customized high tech bow and the quiver.

The limbs were actually sharpened blades and the string was comprised of hard energy, meaning that the bow could collapse into a pair of melee weapons if needed.

“Thank you, Neo.”

The girl could only nod and smile at her boss.

Looking back she could see the Seviper on the other side of the plaza. It was time.

Cynder took a deep breath and was about walk forward, but stopped and took on a serious face.

“Neo, if by some chance I don’t walk away from this, tell my husband and son I love them.”

Neo raised a brow at the request.

“....If you can.”



Viper slithered his way through the crowd. Despite having lost one of his eyes, the Commander still had the fighting skills that made him the most feared Pokemon on the island. Looking forward, he saw his adversary, the one known as Cynder.

To the Commander, she represented almost everything he hated about humanity. The way she dared lead a group that opposed his army in every way possible, if he ever had a nemesis she would fit the bill and the tip.

“So you actually decided to stay and fight. I’m surprised, human. Perhaps your species has a few backbones. Pity I’ll be breaking it shortly.”

Cynder then put on her poker face as she walked closer to Viper.

“You are more than welcome to try, Commander. Your death will help keep the other Pokemon of world in line. Remind them who dominates this planet.”

“And who dominates this world?” Viper narrowed his eyes. “The weak, frail beings who have sprung up not long ago? Who lied and manipulated our lord for their own gain? Who subjugate and experiment on my brethren? You are not the dominate force of this world. Without us, you are nothing.”

“Oh really? I say we should test that theory. Let’s see how mankind does..without you.”

Viper closed his mouth and narrowed his eye. He would greatly enjoy killing her.

“But enough talk, let's get this over with, I have better things to do than take down an army.”

Both combatants silenced their voices and took their stances, slowly walking towards each other, each one waiting to see who would strike first.
*Suggested battle theme*

Time seemed to slow down as Viper’s tail whipped around and tried to bisect her with a Poison Tail. Cynder’s quickly intercepted with her bow then activated her psionic powers.

Viper suddenly found himself thrown back as he caught a glimpse of the glowing blue in the human’s eyes.

“Hmm, so you are one of those psychic humans. No wonder you are so confident in fighting me.” Viper was honestly disgusted by this revelation, the powers of the Psychic types should belong to Pokemon alone. Humans didn’t and never deserved such a gift.

“And you have revealed this power so early in battle, or can you not fight me with just your weapon?”

“Well, if I fought with just my weapon, it wouldn’t be as easy now would it?”

Viper regained his composure as he ran a strategy form in his head. He never expected the human to have psionic powers. This put him at a disadvantage. Fortunately, his experience with seeing Voria work gave him a very good idea of how to counter them. Viper shook his head as memories of her death came soaring back. He had a human to kill.

Viper lunged once again at Cynder, thrusting his tail into her face. Cynder dodged the blade with ease. Viper thrusted again and again but missed each time. Finally he brought his blade down on her head, only to be met once again with her bow.

Cynder’s eyes glowed again as an arrow manifested itself in the bow. Viper’s eyes widened as she fired it at a close ranged, nearly missing him as he used serpentine moves to dodge each arrow that was fired at him.

Viper then moved back in again. “Rock Smash!” His tail glowed with a white light and tried to crush the insolent human. Cynder then jumped back as the spot she was standing before became a crater when Viper brought his tail down again.

“X-Scissor!” Cynder then collapsed her bow into its twin sword forms and met each of Vipers strikes with a clang of metal.

“Wrap!” The Seviper then smiled as Cynder not react fast enough and found herself constricted by the snake.

“I’d told you I’d break your backbone. Strength!”

Viper was filled with glee was he could hear something snapped inside the human.

“Heh.”

The the Commander was stunted to see that, instead of a look of pain on her face, it was of a smirk one gives when something goes their way.

“I would say you just activated my trap card, but I think this is the next best thing.”

Viper then scream in pain as Cynder teleported several arrows from her quiver and drove them in between his scales.

The snake immediately released his grip on the human, but not before he was able to fire a point blank Sludge Wave onto her person.

“Gaaahhh!” Cynder yelped as she could feel the the attack wash over her, slowing her down to a point to where she could barely stand.

Viper appreciated her pain with glee, then snapped some of the arrows inside of him so he could move without to much pain.

“Like I said before to a certain other human,” Viper said as a began to build up a flamethrower. “You wouldn’t think leavening this world would be easy?”

Cynder looked a Viper with a pair of drowsy eyes, too poisoned to answer the question.

“Since you name is Cynder, I think it's best if you lived up to your name don’t you think?”

The human still didn’t respond.

“I thought so.”

The Commander then unleashed a flamethrower upon the mother of a single child, enveloping her in fire as her entire body was concealed by the flames.

Viper was ecstatic as reality began to set, he had won, the human was dead, he had proven he was the better warrior.

“Let that be a warning to anyone who dares challenge Arceus’s chosen warrior, be they Pokemon, or huma-Gah!”

Viper found the words struck in his throat, literary, he forced himself to look down to see a burning arrow protruding straight out of his neck.

He then heard footsteps from behind him as he turned to see Cynder walking around him. When she moved in front of the snake, he could see that not a single scorched was on her body, and the poison seem to be having little effect on her.

The human said nothing as she fired three more arrows into him for good measure, each one running though the vital organs of his body.

“You're probably wondering how I’m shrugging off the poison.”

This time Viper remained silent, not that he could speak at all.

“Its an old practice, the ninja clan of Kalos used to resist poison. They regularly expose themselves to small doses of venom so their body builds up a stronger immune system and the human body better remembers how to fight it.”

The snake gagged as he realized his main type had just been trumped.

Their was only silence between the two opponents as the life began to slip from the Seviper. Was this the end? He was really going to die here, at the hands of a human no less? This was more ironic than the time he was put in a Master Ball. Only this time he couldn’t rage quit himself out of this sticky predicament.

“Since your death will no doubt help further the cause of my company, I feel like I should give your a peaceful end, wouldn’t you like that?”

Commander Viper made no sounds, he didn’t even resist when the human laid her filthy hand on his head.

“This is a lullaby my husband uses to make our son go to sleep, I don’t know how but it works every time, little Brandon is out like a light.”

The arrows on Viper’s body began to glow as Cynder recited the poem.

“Listen only to the sound of my voice. Let your mind relax. Let your thoughts drift. Let the bad memories fade. Let peace be upon you. Surrender yourself to your dreams. Let them wash over you like the gentle waves of the bluest ocean. Let them envelop you. Comfort you.”

The arrows glowed brighter, as the chemicals in them began to do their work.

“Imagine somewhere calm. Imagine somewhere safe. Imagine yourself in a frozen forest. You're standing in a clearing. Trees around you so tall, they touch the sky. Pure white snowflakes fall all around. You can feel them melt on your skin. You are not cold. It cannot overcome the warmth of your beating heart. Can you hear it? You only have to listen.”

Soon Vipers body began to glow a bright orange.

“You hear it slowing? You're slowing it. You are in control. Calm. At peace.”

Viper’s body then flashed and his entire person was incinerated as his embers blew away in the wind.


Somewhere…

Viper looked around as he found himself in a dark space, only for a light to shine from somewhere, a silhouette then came out, but he could not make its identity.

“Who..who's there?”

The figure then faded into view, it was someone he thought to never see again.

“Helen?” Viper couldn’t believe what he was seeing. Nevermind what else happened, or the environment, this was unbelievable. There, standing before him, was none other than his mate. She even had her usual sunhat on.

She was watering a patch of flowers that were somehow there. She turned to look at him and smiled. “Viper! Oh, how happy I am to see you.”

“I...I,” Viper didn’t know what to say. The love of his life, the anchor of his sanity, was standing before him with her usual smile. He stood there for a moment, not moving an inch.

“Well?” Helen quirked an eyebrow. “Are you just going to stand there, darling? There’s work to be done.” Helen squeaked as she was pulled into a hug. “Viper….It’s over.” She felt his tears on her scales.

“I know,” Viper whimpered. “I know.”


Mortal Realm

General Zard stared in denial when he saw the last of Commander Viper fade away as his body turned to dust and scattered to the winds.

And he wasn’t the only one, the other PLA members around him looked just as shocked as he was, but none said anything. No one even dared try to attack the human who had just killed the so called chosen warrior of Arceus.

Cynder stood up, and then injected an antidote into her arm. Once done, she stared into the uncertain crowd of the PLA.

“Listen well Pokemon, ‘cause I will only say this once.”

Zard eyed Cynder, but not with anger, but attention.

“You Commander is dead, your numbers are low, and from the looks of it, most of your don’t have any fight left.”

“She’s not wrong” Zard thought. What remained of the army was drained from the whole ordeal, be it physically or mentally. Most the soldiers were afraid to go on.

“I present to you two paths you may walked down at the end of this day. You can either leave this island, disband the army and never think about attempting something like this again, or…”

The Magma grunts all seemed to put their hands on the trigger of their weapons.

“You can stay, and continue to fight a war that was over before it began.”

After a few tense moments and a wave or murmur from the PLA, General Zard flew towards Cynder and faced down the one who had killed one of his oldest friends.

“No more,” Zard said. “No more death this day. No more blood will spill these lands, or souls judged by Arceus himself. This ends now.”

“...Your path is a peaceful one. May you find some along the way.”

“Yes, I hope so.”

And with that, Zard motioned for the rest of the army to walk away. Once every Pokemon was out of sight, Cynder let out a long sigh.

“The things this world creates.”


24 Hours later

What followed shortly after Viper’s death was predictable.

After the remnants of the PLA left the island on some boats that remained intact, witnesses saw the members of the army all walk in different directions, apparently try to find some form of living after what they had experienced and done.

There were some rumors of an eventual retaliation for the death of their Commander, or that the PLA might reform themselves for a second chance at Pokemon freedom. But it seems that any activity of mention of the army was now null and void.

As expected, the Magma Corporation was called in to rebuild the war torn city of Tsushima, and in a couple of months, the city would look as good as new with no evidence of a war or conflict whatsoever.

Cynder and the company had received the honor of Hoenn from the leaders of the region, and as predicted, company moral, approval ratings, and stock exchange had risen to critical acclaim.

Everything was awesome.

The Mann Manor

“I’m home!”

Cynder entered her humble abode as she final returned from her job all exhausted.

The house was a mansion, much too large for a family of three. But the residents of the place didn’t seem to care.

Cynder put down her things and looked up to see a smiling Maxie looking down at her.

“Shush! I just put Brandon to sleep.”

“Oh, let me see!”

Cynder walked upstairs and entered her sons room, and sure enough, the little boy was sleeping in his bed, his Fennekin, Ruby, sleeping right on his back. Cynder kissed him on the forehead and prayed that Cresselia would give him warm dreams.

She then walked outside in the hallway and embraced her husband.

“I’m so glad your alright, dear,” he said

“Yes, it wasn’t easy, but I did ‘save the day’ as some would put it.”

“Indeed, you are the fiery angel of Hoenn,” Maxie said in a half lidded stare

“Okay, now you're just trying to get me in bed.”

“...Is it working?”

Cynder smiled and then grabbed him by the color and walked to their room.

“Let's find out.”

10 minutes later

Cynder and Maxie laid in their bed, exhausted from their recent...activity.

“Maxie?”

“Yes, Cynder?”

“While this may not be the time to say this, I can’t help but think what would happen if I didn’t walk away from the war.”

Maxie turn over and placed a hand on his wife's.

“Don’t think about what could have been. You are here, and that’s all that matters.”

However, Cynder couldn’t help but picture what could have happened if Viper won that fight. Images of the snake and his army taking Hoenn by storm, humans everywhere all being slain in a razing that engulfed the region in flames. Then a scary image, one where she saw Viper finding Brandon sleeping in his bed, a sadistic smile on his face as he raised his blade tail and…….

“You right, I’m here and it is all over. We have nothing to fear from the Pokemon Liberation Army anymore.”

“That's the spirit! Besides what's the worse that could happen? Viper’s son reforms the PLA and tries to once again ‘Liberate’ the world?”

Cynder gave a low giggle at the thought. “Maybe. Maybe Brandon will grow up, take over the company and become his arch rival.”

Maxie chuckled this time at the thought.

“But that will never happen.”

Author's Note:

Metroid:"I know that the whole PLA war is a controversial subject, but I am just glad that I could take it give it a good beginning and end. Hopefully it will be remembered in a different light now

Evowizard: "An awesome read and I'm glad I got to participate."


Also, if your wondering which part of the afterlife Viper is in.....only Arceus knows :D