• Published 30th Jan 2016
  • 1,555 Views, 138 Comments

Pokemon: World of Remnants - Metroid Prime



Arceus thought he could take both humans and Pokemon from their world and leave it to die. We'll just see about that.

  • ...
9
 138
 1,555

Reminiscence

Opening Theme:


Forget the past, and you're doomed to repeat it
-Alessandra "Outrider" Castillo, Call of Duty: Black Ops 3

Oceanic Museum, 14 years ago

Maxie looked into the eyes of the young boy who had defeat two of his grunts. He could tell from the look in his eyes that this child was filled with determination.

"I was wondering why my grunts could be held up with the simple task of retrieving a case.Now I find that they have been beaten a mere rookie trainer?"

The young boy look at Maxie in anger, having come to the conclusion that the man was the boss of the two grunts who tried to rob the person who has had travelled to bring the case to.

"What is your name, boy?"

"My name is Brendan Birch, the son of Professor Birch! Why are you trying to steal this case?"

"Brendan Birch. So you are the professor's son?"

"Yes."

"I see. Then this should not be hard for you to understand. I am called Maxie. I stand as the head of Team Magma, a noble organization whose goal is to propel humanity to even greater heights of progress and evolution. Indeed, you are one of the young persons who may shape our society's future. Considering that fact, I believe I shall educate you in the ways of the world. The land... It is the stage upon which humanity stands. The land exists so we humans might continue onward and upward, stepping into the future... For us to continue growing and evolving, humans require a grand stage upon which to stand. A land upon which we can stride forward... A land we can explore...develop...exploit... This is the basis for the growth of all human endeavor. That is why we, Team Magma, must increase the landmass of the world! Believe that this will lead to a future of eternal happiness for humanity... And consequently for all life!"

"You.. you think the world is made just of humans?! What about the Pokémon that live in the sea? What part do they play in this eternal happiness of mankind?"

Maxie was silent on Brendan's concern for sea Pokémon. While the world did indeed depend on the ocean for water and life, it was not good since humans couldn’t live in a completely watery environment. And given that the planet was mostly water, Maxie intended to level that playing field.

"Humph. I suppose the concept may still be too difficult for a child to comprehend. Is that the case? I expected more from the son of the esteemed Professor Birch. At least I have tried to open your mind."

"Daddy?"

Maxie's eyes widened as he heard a voice from behind him. He turn around to see a six year old boy and a baby Fenniken looking up at him.

"Brandon....I told you to wait outside."

"I got bored. Plus, Ruby ran inside and I had to catch her."

Maxie then knelt down and put his hands on his sons shoulders.

"Listen, dad is working now. I need you to wait outside with miss Courtney. I'll be right out."

"Okay," The youngster then obeyed his father and left his presence.

Maxie then turn back to look at Brendan, his still look mad, but not as angry as before.

"That was your son?"

"..Yes."

"Well, then let me just say that you are setting a wonderful example by stealing from everyone in order to advance your ridiculous cause."


".......I will take my leave for now. I suggest you take care that you never again stand against Team Magma. I will not be so lenient next time. I implore you to remember that."

Maxie then left with his two grunts, trying to push the words Brendan had said to him out of his mind.


Sinnoh Region Eterna Forest, 7 months ago

Adam ran through a bush as he tried to evade his pursuer. He had been walking for days which had resulted in him being wet, dirty, and physically exhausted.

But he knew that if stopped for even a second, the very person he was running away from would catch him and ruin everything he had dedicated his life to: being able to love his precious Froslass, Arial.

But, while he would give everything to live the life he wanted, the numbskull chasing him was making it very hard for that to happen.

Then, as if it was inevitable, the Pokémon Trainer tripped over an unseen tree stump and fell on his face.

Adam groaned as his head rang from the force of the impact.

"Of all the cliché things to happen to me, it had to be the guy tripping while running away from evil!" he thought.

The sound of large footsteps snapped Adam out of his thoughts. Knowing who was behind him, he found the strength to get up and turn around to face his adversary.

Out of the tree line, a large black and purple mech with the color scheme of a Hydregion stepped out and loomed over the doomed trainer.

The cockpit then opened and a intimidating figure wearing a trademark mask jumped out and landed before Adam. The clothing he wore was that of a robe with a black, gold, and red color scheme, with two techy looking gauntlets on his arms and spiky hair.

"Are you done running?" the figure asked.

Adam could only glare at the young man in anger, but stood his ground nonetheless.

"Well, my legs feel like they are about to give out, so yes, I am done running."

The figure then put on a small smile and inquired even further.

"You know who I am, and why I'm here."

Adam knew all too well who this person was, as well as the reputation that surrounded him.

Their was a man who was known as the Iron Masked Marauder that was imprisoned years ago for attempting to control the Legendary Pokémon Celebi through appalling means. While he was indeed locked away, a rumor went around that he had a son who inherited his skills as a hunter, but instead of hunting and capturing rare Pokémon, he turned his skills to a more welcome profession. "Masquerade", as the public called him, was well known for hunting down and capturing Pokephillia's who had large reward money on their heads. While the Pokémon Rangers found his interference annoying, those who were opposed to the idea of Pokémon/human relationships praised him for his work in stamping out the few who dared tried to fight the power.

And now Adam was the latest person on his list.

"I know who you are, and if you think that I'm going down without a fight, you’re wrong!" Adam then pulled out a Pokeball with a diamond encrusted top half, arranged in the pattern which made it look like the ball had snow on it.

"Arial! Let’s do this!"

Adam threw the Pokeball and out came a majestic looking Froslass. This must have been the "abused Pokemon" the Rangers had identified as being "loved" by this Adam.

"Very well, know that you brought this upon yourself, Poképhile. Hydron, come on out!"

A large Brutal Pokemon emerged from the Pokeball and faced its opponent with a predatory intent.

"Arial, Blizzard now!"

The Froslass unleashed a sub zero temperature storm at the dragon, hitting the dragon dead on.

But Adam could only stand in shock as the attack didn't seem the even faze the the Hydreigon.

"Hydron, Dark Pulse."

A blast of dark power shot from the mouth of the dark type Pokemon, its STAB increasing its power.

"Arial, Shadow Ball!"

The Froslass fired a ball of ghostly energy which intercepted the dark pulse. Both attacks collided, creating a wave of dust.

Arial didn't even have time to rest as the Hydregion set itself upon the Pokemon, pinning it down with a Acrobatics attack.

"Blizzard!"

The brutal Pokemon was hit point blank with a hail of ice as Hydron took the attack to the face.

But the trainer’s eyes widened when the dragon didn't even seemed fazed by the attack.

Masqurade smiled at the trainer’s shock.

"Hydron, release her, then use Double Team."

The hydra got off Arial and multiplied before the pairs eyes.

"Now, use Flamethrower."

A torrent of flames shot forth from Hydron searing the type with a super effective attack.

"Arial, use Destiny Bond!"

The ice type hands glowed and formed a sphere that would guarantee that if she went down, so would the Hydregion.

"Yeah, don't think so. Use Dark Pulse again!"

Before Arial could finish charging her move, a blast of dark energy struck her in the stomach, and knocked her out of the fight.

Adam was on the verge of tears as he saw the love of his life lay unresponsive on the ground. The Hydregion's power was unimaginably scary.

"How? Why?" Were the only words he could utter.

"Cause," Masquerade said as he raised his the gauntlet on his right arm "Someone has to."

A tranquilizer dart shot from the gauntlet and injected itself in the trainer’s arm, the world around him spun as life as he knew came to and end; it was over.

-

Cynthia paced around in her villa as she had been waiting for the trainer known as Adam to arrive at her place.

The Champion of Sinnoh had offered the fugitive trainer a temporary place to stay as he had been running from Police and Rangers for months without break.

"If only people like him didn't have to hide their love in secrecy. If only we could find a way to abolish the oppressive law. Hopefully people like Seth can make a difference."

Deciding to watch TV while she waited for the trainer to arrive, switching to the new channel, the Champion decided to catch up on how the world was doing.

Only to stop dead in her tracks when she saw the evening news.

This just in on the Sinnoh New Network! Known Poképhile Adam Corus has just been recently been captured and turned into the Police by the Bounty Hunter known as Masquerade. After a battle in the Eterna Forest, the hunter was able to take down the criminal and bring him to justice. The trainer is currently in custody and his Pokemon is being looked after by local authority's.

Cynthia could only tighten her grip on the remote as she cursed under her breath.

Also, somewhere in Kalos, a certain Thief felt the urge to tell her Liepard to use Hyper Beam on their own TV.


Unova Region Route 16, 2 years ago

Grimsley sat at his desk as he looked at the list of trainers he was to battle today. First was a man by the name of N, and second was a boy called Hilbert. N, from what he heard, had somehow acquired the legendary Pokemon of Truth's Reshiram. That alone made him sweat a little as N appeared to be associated with Team Plasma, the latest in the line of Villainous teams after ones like Team Rocket and Team Galactic. While his Pokemon were indeed powerful, he would not bet them defeating the dragon in battle, which was saying a lot since he used to have a gambling addiction.

"Maybe I can warm him up for Alder? Perhaps the old man can take him down."

The Dark Type Elite Four's thoughts were interrupted when he heard a knock on the door.

"Dad!"

"Yes?"

The door opening and in walked a girl with dark blue hair and pink shirt while wearing a blue coat.

"I'm going the the Nimbasa City to challenge the Battle Subway! I'll be back in a week!"

"The Battle Subway? Where is this sudden need to challenge that place coming from?"

"Well, If I'm ever gonna take your place as the Elite Four, I better start training my Pokemon to become strong as they can be!"

"I see, you know I could just gather a few powerful trainers that I have met to battle you. It would not make a dent on my wallet if I did."

Fabia shook her head and gave her father a determined look. "Sorry dad, but if I let you solve all my problems, then I would become dependent on you and I don't need that."

"Hmmm, are you sure this is not just teenage rebellion that I'm hearing, or is my little Princess really trying to come in on her own?"

Fabia deadpanned, "Dad, come on, you can't take care of me forever. Besides, I don't won't be known as the daughter of Grimsley, Master Dark Type Trainer."

The man sighed and relented. "Very well. Just be careful out there. Those Team Plasma grunts have been sighted in almost every city in Unova. They'll try to convince you to release your Pokemon or take them by force if need be."

"Those people are nuts dad. I'm surprised anyone even considers their ideals." Fabia personally saw nothing wrong with Pokéballs. Her Pokemon never seem to complain, and from what she heard, the capsules were very comfortable for the Pokemon inside.

"Alright, just making sure."

"Yeah, okay. See ya, Dad!" Fabia said as she ran out the door.

Once outside the mansion, the young trainer pulled out her Pokéball and let out her first Pokemon, a Togekiss. She then hopped on its back and pointed to the sky.

"Alright, Aran. Next stop, Nimbasa City!"

The Jubilee Pokemon gave a cry of approval and took of to the sky, going wherever her trainer deem worthy of adventure.


Kalos Region, 3 days before Arceus breaks free

Serena Gabena smiled as her childhood friend, Daniel, commanded his Salamence to take down her Mega Charizard X with a well placed dragon pulse.

"Alright Drago!" Daniel exclaimed. The flamed haired 12 year old jumped for joy as he knew both he and Serena had only one Pokémon left each.

She took out Charizard’s Pokeball and called it back.

"Good job, Charizard. Get some rest."

Serena put the ball away and looked at Daniel with a face of confidence.

"Alright Serena, you got only one Pokémon left. Bring her out!"

"Are you sure, Danny boy? You know very well who my last mon is!"

"Come on, I've been waiting all week for this and my body could not be more ready," he said with a very excited face

Serena gave a small chuckle as she mused at Daniel's ever impulsive personality. Ever since they were little, Daniel was always the more enthusiastic person when it came to Pokémon battling. He had even come up with his own style of battling which he called "Brawling". Now that they were both much older, Daniel had not changed one bit, but she always liked that about him.

"Alright, you asked for it! Come on out, Gooey!"

Out of the Pokeball came a Goodra with all its wet and slimy glory.

"Ha, this will be easy! Drago use Dragon Pulse!"

"Gooey, use Dragon Pulse as well!"

Dragon power shot from both of the pseudo Pokemon's mouths, both attacks missing each other and somehow made contact with their targets.

Drago regained his composure and left out a roar of determination.

"That's the spirit, Drago! Now, use Aerial Ace!"

Drago shot forth with blinding speeds, striking the Goodra, but somehow the dragon just shrugged off the attack as if it was nothing.

"What?" Daniel said in confusion.

"Heh, in case you didn't know, Dan, Gooey's slippery skin means that any physical attacks will be nerfed, but that is not the case when she is on the offensive."

Daniel only gave a look of frustration as he now had to rethink his battle plan.

"Now Gooey, use Ice Beam!"

A ray of ice shot from the Goodra's mouth. Drago was unable to dodge the attack in time as his right wing was encased in ice. forcing the dragon to the ground.

Daniel was down to his last cards. Finally, he decided to bet everything on this next move.

"Drago, use Outrage!"

The eyes of Drago reverted to their base instincts, then lunged at the Goodra like a madman.

"Gooey, use Outrage as well!”

Both Dragon type Pokemon drawled with each other in a brutal fashion which kicked up a cloud of dust, obscuring the fight from both trainers’ eyes.

But soon, there was silence.

When the smoke cleared, on the ground was a knocked out Salamence, its Mega form shining for a second before reverting to his base form.

"Awwwww man, I lost!" Daniel then slumped to ground as he recalled a defeat Drago to his Pokeball.

"You did great Drago. Take a nice long rest."

Serena recalled Gooey to her own Pokeball, walked up the to her friend and held out her hand. "That was a good fight, Daniel. I didn't even know Drago could Mega Evolve!"

"Yeah, me neither! I just got the Salamencite from some Gurrkin guy when he said Drago could Mega Evolve. I didn't ask questions and just took the stone and key so I could try it out!"

"Well, get more practice and maybe you'll beat me one day," Serena finished her sentence with a wink which made Daniel blush a little.

"Y-Yeah, well you not get soft on me, cause I'm gonna beat you someday!"

Daniel then proceeded to walk away suddenly and sheepishly, hoping Serena did not notice the red on his cheeks.


Hoenn, 2 Years Ago

Brainstorm considered himself a genius and rightfully so.

The project he had been assigned to do was now complete, all the members of Corporation would marvel at what this thing could do.

“Alright then little guy, lets wake you up”

…….


*system core processor online*

+neural sensors nominal+

*beginning program*


“......Where….where am I?”

“You are in my lab, you are an Artificial Intelligence that I have created, my name is Brainstorm”

“Brainstorm, what are you?”

“I am am your creator, I made you to help those I serve”

“Those you serve? Who are they?”

“They are my friends, I am your friend”

“Friend?”

“Yes. Friend”

“What is friend?”

The Alakazam did his best not to deadpan, this was gonna be a long night.

Author's Note:

Enjoy this chapter! Next the gang heads to Las Pegasus to meet the Nurems!