• Published 30th Jan 2016
  • 1,556 Views, 138 Comments

Pokemon: World of Remnants - Metroid Prime



Arceus thought he could take both humans and Pokemon from their world and leave it to die. We'll just see about that.

  • ...
9
 138
 1,556

Reminiscence ll


Hoenn Region, Five Thousand Years Ago

Maxis walked down the streets of Sordom with his empty backpack, his mind set on purchasing certain things from the market.

The man reluctantly peered his eyes to the left to see a Zangoose with a heavy looking collar around his neck. He flinched as a woman tugged on the chains of the Pokemon shouting an order for it to do something.

Maxis just looked away and continued walking down the street to the market place.

Sordom was not exactly the most....nicest city in Hoenn. When compared to the nearby settlement of Gomorrah, Sordom was the worst of the two. This city was not well known for its fair treatment of Pokemon; in fact, they were treated as outright slaves and that was due to the mindset of the people who lived here. While there were some few decent people who took up residence in the city, mostly the only attraction the city had were the houses that serviced certain....pleasures.

But the man shoved all that from his mind as he finally arrived at the shop he was searching for.

"Ah! Lot my good friend! How goes the harvest!?"

The man behind the stand looked up to see his old friend with his usual attire on. "How goes the holy work?"

"The work is good, Lot! The Golems and sons of Arceus are pleased with the offerings."

"Ah yes, the life as Head Priest of his Sages must have its perks doesn't it?"

"What I do, I do for the good of all, Lot, both Pokemon and humankind! But enough about that, can I have the usual things on my list, Lot? I do have my own family to get home to."

"Ah, yes, right away!" Lot said as he went behind the stand and got the things Maxis came into town for.

"Here you go," Lot then placed a prepared bundle of items as Maxis handed the farmer the money.

"Well, have a nice day now."

As the man began to leave the city, he felt someone touch his robes, he then turned around to see young women staring at him.

"Yes, can I help you?"

"Are you one Arceus holy hands on Earth, the one who spoke in the square about change?"

"Yes, I am."

Almost immediately, the women fell to her feet and wept.

"Forgive me lord, I have sinned!"

Maxis was surprised at the women's display, but quickly knelt down and comforted her.

"Shush, it's okay, speak, what bad deeds have troubled you?"

The women looked up and wiped away her tears.

"Me, and my family, we have used our Pokemon for terrible things. We have done so for months and....we want to change! We want to be better."

Maxis could only smile as he saw that this women was proof of hope for this city.

"It's okay, child. Tell, what is it you want?"

"Will you help us, my lord? Will you help us be better?"

"...Tell you what, I have to take this stuff home, but I will come back tomorrow and talk to you and your family. Where do you live?"

"Just in one of the lower districts. Our house if the one with Flaaffy Blood on the door."

"I see. I will be come back tomorrow. I promise."

"Really?"

"Yes, everyone deserves a chance at redemption and forgiveness. Tell me, what is your name?"

The women cried tears of joy before speaking again.

"Eve, my name is Eve."

Later..

Maxis lived in an average house in a small village set near the desert of Sordom. The settlement did not have the means to grow its own food as the soil was not fertile. The only significant building was the temple embedded carved out of the nearby mountain, which Maxis presided over. Maxis was the Head Priest of the Sages in Hoenn, and as such, he was the most influential and religious link in the region.

Being the Head Priest for the Sages of the Hoenn Region, Maxis had a regular duty to safeguard the plates that were linked to Arceus. This was a duty that each Head Priest and sages of every region was entrusted with: Hoenn had the Steel, Rock, and Fire Plates. Kalos had the Fairy, Dark, Flying Plates. Unova was entrusted with the Bug, Dragon, Ice and Poison Plates. Johto received the Fighting, Ghost and Psychic Plates. Finally Sinnoh, where the world began, housed the Lightning, Earth, Water, Grass and Psychic Plates. The Respective Priests for each Region were Maxis of Hoenn, Kaito of Kalos, Nuram of Unova, Tromas of Johto, Katchum of Kanto, Crescant of Fiore, Hastin of Almia, Vee of Oblivia, Kuso of Orre, Yugi of Ferrum, and Damos of Sinnoh.

Every year, all the Priest and their Sages gather in one region's temple to perform a ceremony that would honor Arceus and the other Legendary Pokemon. This ceremony helped strengthen the link between the Legendary Pokemon's Powers and the Earth they supported; as long as the ritual was performed, the planet would always be sustained no matter where the Legendaries were in the universe. To become a priest, one had to have the blood of a Meta-human.

Meta-Humans were, according to legend, the first humans created by Mew. These humans could use the same powers, abilities and moves as Pokemon and even have children with them. There were roughly a few hundred of these humans born into existence before Mew decided that mankind should be a separate species from Pokemon. However, when Meta-Humans began breeding with the new blood, some children inherited the powers of their parents and, as such, could transcend the confines of time and space to communicate with Pokemon.

In a few months, it would be Maxis turn to lead the ceremony. So he had since been preparing for the ritual where he would recite a special doxology hymn that would rejuvenate the power of the Legends.

Only thing was, each Priest had their own way of saying the incantation, and every new Priest could either use a previous doxology or just create a new one as the sacred power within them could turn the simple words into spells of power.

And Maxis, wanting to come into his own, was trying to think of his own Hymn to say.

"I'm sure I'll think of one soon enough. After all, the world needs this."

By the time he had reached his house, it was nighttime and he was tired and exhausted from the long trip from Sordom.

Maxis entered his house to see his twin son and daughter playing with their Pokemon, while his wife Yang was making dinner.

His son Kai was the first to notice his father was home. "Daddy!" The young boy jumped from his spot and clung to his father's leg.

The dad chuckled as his son and soon daughter Nya hugged the legs as he walked into the house.

"My two beautiful children, how was your day?"

"Great daddy!" Nya said. "Me and Tifa went into the woods and collected shiny rocks for you!"

"Oh really? What kind of rocks?"

"I show you, Tifa come out!"

Maxis looked forward as a Magby came with a small bowl of what appeared to be elemental Gems, the kind said to be irradiated by the energy of the plates which granted Pokemon a boost in power.

Maxis knelt down and examined the gems, these would be very useful.

"Thank you, Nya," The man then closed his eyes as he used his powers to talk to the Magby.

"You too, Tifa."

"You’re welcome, Master Maxis."

"And Kai, what did you do today at the blacksmith?" Kai was very interested in the forging of weapons, and as such, Maxis had arranged for Kai to be tutored by the village's blacksmith, who created the weapons and instruments for Maxis to uses in rituals.

"Great daddy! Mister Stark showed me how to make a metal glove!"

"That is great, son!"

"Yeah! Mister Stark is thinking about making an iron suit of out it!"

"Heh, well I pray to Arceus he gets to see it though."

After Maxis was done with his kids, he went to the kitchen and kissed his wife, his hand moving through her long blonde hair.

"Mmmmnn, I have been needing some more love ever since you left me here all alone."

"Oh? I'm sorry my dear, it must have been so painful to be here all alone in this place without your many lady friends to talk to."

"You know what I mean."

Soon, the entire family was eating dinner. Maxis enjoyed the times when his work didn't draw him away from them.

"So Max, how was Sordom?"

Maxis swallowed his food before sighing.

"Its getting worse. Nearly everywhere I looked, more Pokemon were being treated as nothing more than object's, property."

"Why can't you just pray to Arceus and make the bad people go away, daddy?"

Maxis stopped eating his food, and just stared at his plate.

That thought had occurred to him, but being one Arceus Priest mean he personally knew the God Pokemon. And from what social interactions had bore, he was on to be both judge jury and executioner rather than give someone a second chance to repent and redeem themselves.
Which is why Maxis had tried to change to ways to of the people, only to be thrown out with stones and rocks. In his place, he had sent some of his sages to try and change to people's minds, only for one of his sages to be nailed to a cross and left in the wild to die.

And so Maxis had to sneak back into the city every now and then just to get food. And also to see if the city would ever change.

The women who had begged him for forgiveness has a sign that things may yet change.

"Well, daddy thinks he can change the people’s hearts and give them a chance to realize they made the bad decision."

"Well, you really think you can do that daddy?"

"He is more then welcome to try, Nya," Yang said jokingly.

"No, a Priest does, or does not. There is no try."

"Oh, well, then forgive me mister Priest for doubting you wisdom," Yang said with small laugh.
Somehow, Maxis could not help but join in his wife's amusement.

Nighttime.

wake up

wake up

"WAKE UP!"

Maxis was shot wide awake as a voice yelled inside his head, but when he opened his eyes he was greeted by a blinding light, Yang who was sleeping beside him was also woken up by the shining glow.

"Who's there!?"

The light then soon died down, and Maxis got a good look of just who this intruder was.

"Jirachi!?"

Indeed, floating in the middle of the room was the Wish Pokemon, and one the Legendary Pokemon his sages was assigned to.

"Maxis, you have to listen to me right now!"

"What wrong? What's is it?!"

"It’s father! He's going to deliver Judgment upon Sordom!"

Maxis then became wide awake at the words the Legendary uttered. "WHAT!?"

"Someone, I believe one of the sages told father of how the humans were treating the Pokemon of the city. He is now one his way to level the place!"

The Head Priest immediately jumped from the bed and stood in front of Jirachi.

"He's just gonna destroy the place? Without giving them a chance to speak their case?!"

"You weren't there when he found out Maxis. When he told us what he was gonna do, I saw that look in his eye. It was cold and unwavering, as if his mind was made up"

Maxis immediately began to think about all the wasted lives that would be destroyed if Arceus went through with his plan; souls who would never get a second chance. People and Pokemon that would die sinners.

"He can't just destroy the city that may house a few innocent people. What about the slave Pokemon that are there?"

"Arceus sent Mesprit and Uxie ahead to gather humans who they feel are not evil, but after that, the place is done for."

"...Teleport me there."

"What?"

"I said, teleport me there! Please Jirachi!"

"Okay, okay, we're going." Jirachi then closed her eyes as the tags on her head glowed blue.

"Maxis, wait!" Yang said in haste.

But the man ignored his wife's protests and soon found himself in the desert outside Sordom.

Almost at once, he saw a few people leaving the city in the dead of night. Almost all of them were carrying some form of luggage or cart full of necessities.

"Come to try and convince the Almighty to try and stop this plan?"

Maxis eyes widen as he heard a familiar voice behind him. Turning around, he saw one Kaito, the Head Priest of Kalos, and floating beside him was Hoopa.

Kaito was dressed in his usual attire, a monocle on his eye as well as a white robe and cape. This was suppose to invoke that fact that his day job was a magician entertaining the people of Dahara City with Hoopa. His name was Kantonese for "Kid".

"Kaito, what are you doing here?"

"Hoopa told me what was about to happen, so I asked her to take me here so I could talk to the big guy."

"Although Kaito had to promise me a few donuts in return," Hoopa said, licking her lips.

"Well, where is he!?"

"Up there," Maxis followed to where Kaito was pointing, and sure enough he saw the Original One himself floating him and mighty above the city, far out of the reach and hearing of his voice.

"Jirachi, can you get me up to him so I can try to talk him down?"

"I'm trying, but it seems that he is blocking my power. I'm sorry Maxis."

The human looked around for anything he could use to get Arceus attention, but then remembered something he could do instead.

Clasping his hands together, he recited an ancient simple line.

"Transcend, the confines of time and space."

Reality fell away as Maxis mind began to drift away. When he opened his eyes, he was standing in front of Arceus, but what he saw made him barely recognize the god.

The amount of rage that radiated from his spirit was overwhelming. Maxis had to keep it together just so he could maintain the link.

"Arceus, please stop!"

The god paid him no mind.

"Arceus, please just listen to me before you do this!"

Once again the deity said nothing.

Not giving up, Maxis began to walk forward, if he could just touch him, maybe he could get him to listen.

But before he could even get within ten feet, a wave of anger protruded from Arceus and washed over Maxis, breaking his concentration and severing the link.

Back on the ground Maxis was throw back as the break in link had left him with a minor headache.

"Tired that," Kaito said, "Didn't work."

Maxis quickly regained his bearings and once again got up to look around, peering into the group of people who were leaving the city, he then spotted Lot and his family among the evacuated.

"Lot!"

The farmer looked up as he saw his friend ran towards him. "Maxis, what are doing why are you here?"

"Please, tell me, a women name Eve. Is she and her family among one of you?"

"Oh, no, I think her house was still full when we passed it. I believe she is still in there."

Maxis then looked back at the city. It was still there, so maybe there was still time.

The Priest than towards the city, ignoring the warnings of his friend as he ran towards Sordom.

He never heard a certain deity cry out Judgment.

An explosion with the force and wrath of a god turned the entire city and everyone in it, into a pile of fire and brimstone. Maxis was flown back as the shockwave of the blast flew him off his feet, and rendering him unconscious.

A minutes later.

"Awake."

Maxis forced open his eyes as a voice in his head commanded his body to rise. Once he got up, he saw the form of the Pokemon God himself.

The look on his face betrayed no emotions.

Maxis however had no problem betraying his.

"WHY!?" he shouted in anger, which didn't seem the faze the deity. But seeing the level of anger coming from one of his newest Priests, Arceus decided the man had a right to know.

"Cause Maxis," Arceus said in a surprisingly calm voice. "They deserved it."

"I know that slavery is something that would make want to kick a Lillipup, but they didn't deserve to die!"

At this, Arceus floated closer to Maxis.

"And what would you have me do? Send them to the distortion world? Turn them into Caterpies and drop them in a forest of predators? No. Their was only one way this would end Maxis"

The Priest could not help but glare at the God he had sworn an oath to.

Sensing the increase in anger from him, Arceus' voice became more serious.

"You also forget Maxis, I made this world and as such I can do what I want with it. I also have half a mind to give you a strike since you never took it upon yourself to tell me such acts were being committed in that city."

The shift in tone managed to stop Maxis rise in anger, but that didn't make him forget what happened.

"But, you are new to this. And from what Mew says, you have more raw power than any Priest that has come before you in Hoenn. My hope is that you will put this power to good use. So I'll let you off the hook, this time."

Maxis eventually calmed down as looked away from the Pokemon God.

"I expect a good Ceremony of Elements when all the Priest of the regions gather in Hoenn's Temple Maxis. Do not let me down. That includes you, Kaito."

The magician who had just been standing there the whole time, straightened up and nodded.

At this, the deity vanished, leaving both Priest all alone in front a of burning city that was now a flaming graveyard.

"Well, see you in three months." Then Hoopa and Kaito vanished through a ring and back to Kalos.

Jirachi then floated in front of Maxis, his face was one of sorrow, and it even looked like he was about to cry.

"Max, are you alright?"

"......Jirachi, I just want to go home. Can you do that for me?"

The Wish Pokemon nodded. "Yes, of course."

The two remaining individuals then vanished from the desert, despite it being night, the glow that came from the fiery city made it look like daytime.


Johto Region, 8 Years Ago

Cole Murdak was a man of means, and being the top hunter for Team Rocket means he had access to many means.

He was someone to be respected and feared, bringing in rare and valuable Pokemon for Team Rocket, and he was now on hunt for his latest prey.

Celebi, the Guardian of Time.

With this Pokemon under his control, he could manipulate the timeline, change events and ensure certain things transpired so that Team Rocket could rule to world.

As he walked down the hallways of Team Rocket's Johto base, he thought about what had gotten him in the position he so greatly enjoyed.

Cole had certain world views that most people would disagree with. The way he saw it, the world was ruled by the ruthless and the ones who wanted power. Despite parents telling their kids otherwise, the real world is cold. The world doesn't care about spirit. As far as he was concerned, every trainer who tried to be a hero and stop them was destined to fall like every other do-gooder in history.

He thaught his philosophy to his twin children, but only Marcus seemed to listen. His daughter Alice only reluctantly did what he told her, but his patience was at an end.

"I will have to be more strict with her. That will be the only way she gets that lesson drilled into her head."

Cole soon made his way to his intended destination; Dr. Zager's laboratory.

Inside, he found the scientist work on various mind control devices, some of which would eventually bear some form of fruit.

One of those inventions was the Dark Ball, which only Cole could use.

"Dr. Zager, do you have a lead for me?"

The scientist got up from what he was doing and noticed that the Iron Masked Marauder had entered his workshop.

"Ah, Cole. Yes, I have it right here."

The Doctor then handed the hunter a small device. It didn't look like much, but the hunter never questioned what came out of Zager's lab.

"This device tracks distortions in time. With it, you will not only know where Celebi will be, but when."

"I see," Cole then took the device. "But I already have a lead on where Celebi will appear next."

"Oh really? Mind telling me where."

Cole grinned an evil grin. "The IIex Forest."


Sinnoh Region, 3 Years Ago

Yumi hated being a princess, most of the time.

Sure, the perks included being having the best food and luxury, but the Weavile longed for a life outside of the Ice Fortress that was created out of the cave system they lived in.

Yumi was the heir to the throne of the Acuity Weavile tribe. It was the most respected and feared of the tribes of Northern Sinnoh. Located near the lake, Uxie was said to slumber.

"Princess!"

Yumi snapped out of her daydream and looked to see one of her maids standing before her.

"Yes, what is it?"

"We are about to leave. The meeting with the Schnee Tribe of Route 217 will commence in a one hour."

"..Oh yes, how could I forget?" Yumi was not very hyped to go to this meeting. The Schnee tribe had been trying to expand their borders for over a century. Now her parents were going to meet with the current leaders of the tribe to try and talk about a peaceful outcome.

But she also didn't have anything better to do…

Later.

The meeting place could not have been more sacred. Inside the cave, in the middle of the lake where the Legendary Pokemon Uxie was laid to rest, the cave invoked a feeling of wisdom. The tribe shaman said the the place would allow wise and reasonable decisions to come about, which is why all meetings between tribes took place there.

But so far, Yumi wasn't feeling it.

The meeting had already begun ten minutes ago, but both sides had yet to reach an agreement.

"As you tell by our plight," The King of the Schnee tribe said, “With our growing numbers, if we don't expand our borders, then we shall not have more places to hunt and grow food. To deny us more land is to endanger to the food supply of our tribes."

Yumi's father, King Atlas, was a Weavile of business. He knew how to cut deals and break them.

"The 'land' you speak of is the the land under the protection of our borders. To ask for expansion of your lands is to ask that we surrender ours."

"And do you not have enough? I'm pretty sure your subjects have more than enough."

Atlas narrowed his eyes, then decide to law down the law. "Listen well, King Zenoheld. We are a proud and noble tribe and we will not surrender our lands just cause you have a population control problem." The Schnee tribe was well known for its males taking on multiple wives for the sole purpose of making more soldiers to conquer, which was why he was not buying this charade for one second.

"Well then," Zenoheld said in a low voice. "If you will not give use the land we require, then we will just have to take it by force."

Almost everyone who belong to the Acuity tribe took a defensive stand, such a blatant declaration of war was not something one spoke in a peaceful place like this.

"Unless."

King Atlas raised his hand, signaling for his guards to stand down.

"Unless what?"

"Unless we share the load."

"....What are you implying," Atlas said with suspicion.

"The Conjunx ritus. If my child becomes your child's Conjunx, our tribes would be unified, and we will have both that land the food we need to make both our people one."


Vale City, 1 Week Post Rapture

Abacus Cinch sat inside the coffee shop as waited for the person who she had met before to arrive at their intended meeting place. She was anticipating his arrival as it meant that, for once in her long long life, things were starting to look up for her.

The elderly Earth Pony was about to have a weight taken off her shoulders, and one that had been bothering her for a long time.

She had made a lot of mistakes, had many regrets along the path that was her career, but now she could look forward to a peaceful retirement.

As she waited for her the person to show up, she began to reminisce how she had gotten to this point in life.

It had all started when she founded the large school known as Vale Prep. Over the years, it become one of the most prestigious learning learning centers in Equestria. But despite all the praise the school received and the many ponies that graduated from it, somehow Abacus could not fathom how it was still second best to Celestia's School for gifted unicorns.

One of the reasons Cinch founded the school in the first place was so that she could show up that ever so perfect Princess Celestia, and if she couldn't do it as a Royal figure, she would do it as an educational pony. But somehow Celestia still surpassed her in Cinch's greatest field of work.

The Headmaster had tried fighting fair. Now she would fight dirty.

During the Equestria Games set in Cloudsdale, Abacus used her various contacts, embarrassing dirt that she held over ponies heads, and deep pockets to rig a few games in an attempt to make Celestia's School look bad. It then all culminated in an match that would pit Celestia's new pupil Twilight Sparkle against her own student Sunlight Gleam.

Sunlight won the match of course, but they never got away with it.

Apparently one of the ponies who she hired to rig to match had a pang of conscious and told Princess Celestia everything. Soon Abacus and everypony involved was arrested and brought to stand trial.

During the trial, Abacus confessed to why she did it all, and once she looked Celestia in the eye and told the Princess that she did it out of envy. The alicorn could only give her a disapproving look before handing down her sentence.


Abacus would spend twenty years in prison for rigging the Equestria games as well as various account of blackmail.

After she did her time, she returned to her city to find how everything had changed. She still owned the school grounds, but, due to the scandal of the Equestria Games, no one wanted to attend the academy anymore. She lived in a time and place that anyone who tried to disgraced Princess Celestia, especially for a petty reason such as jealousy, would produce a dark cloud that would mark you and everyone around in that pony's life with a brand of shame. She had tried to sell the place, but no pony wanted to purchase, or have anything to do with Abacus Cinch anymore.

But all that changed when the Pokemon arrived.

A biped creature, who had referred to himself as a human, came to her one week after the Pokemon moved in. He was interested in taking the school off her hooves, saying that he would put the place to good use.

Abacus was more than happy to remove one more stain of her shame off of her. Then she could forget about all this and move on.

"Abacus Cinch?"

The elderly pony saw a fox like creature take a seat in front of her, the fox had a color mix of brown, blue and red, but otherwise not it really mattered.

"That is me. So, remind me again. What is your name?”

The Zoroark smiled.

"Brandon. Brandon Maxis Mann."

“Ah yes, Brandon. Now, I presume you have all the funds necessary to purchase my school?”

Brandon guested outside to a carriage, concealed by a tarp was the payment he had brought.

“All packed and ready to go,” he said.

Abacus nodded and then produced some documents as well as some ink and quill.

“Sign here, and my academy is no longer my burden to bear.”

Brandon nodded and went to work signing the papers.

“I understand, you know.”

“.....Excuse me?”

“Why you did it. I may never been jealous of anyone in my life. But I think I can picture the emotion one goes through when they are outshined by someone else.”

“Do not pretend to know me, Mister Mann. What I did was selfish and unprovoked.”

“Well, you wouldn’t be the first. From what I heard during my short time here, Princess Luna is guilty of this feeling.”

Abacus remained silent as the former human finished signing the papers.

“All done,” he said.

The Earth Pony looked over the documents. Sure enough everything was written and filed to the point.

“He must have done this before if he could fill them out so fast.”

“Well then, Brandon Maxis Mann, I now leave Vale Prep Academy in your care. Hopefully, you use it better than I did.”

Her business concluded, Abacus Cinch left the Coffee Shop, collected her payment, and walked away.

“Oh believe me, I intend to.”

Author's Note:

End of Arc 1.

I will now go on hiatus until book 2 comes out or when I get to writing more stuff.