• Published 30th Jan 2016
  • 1,556 Views, 138 Comments

Pokemon: World of Remnants - Metroid Prime



Arceus thought he could take both humans and Pokemon from their world and leave it to die. We'll just see about that.

  • ...
9
 138
 1,556

A World of New Solutions

Las Pegasus, Late Morning

"ARCEUS! Arceus, Arceus, Arceus! If I hear that name one more time!"

The Rhyperior, screaming the name of the overused ‘god’, was called Slug, and he clearly was not happy.

"Whoa! Calm down, mate."

It was a sunny morning in Equestria's "Sin City" Las Pegasus, but even with the city's less than reputable crime rates, some days were better than others.

Unfortunately, this was not one of those days.

"Slug here; he's had a little too much, too much - you know what I mean right?"

The precipitant of the angry Pokemon's words was a former human-turned Pokemon named Adam. Up until the big move to Equus, he wished to live in peace with his lover, a Froslass named Arial. Everyday, he had to deal with the irritating individuals who told him how Pokemon are meant to only mate with Pokemon, making him livid to no end.

Having been grateful for Arceus bringing them here to Equus so he and his soul mate could live their dreams, the duo decided to spread the good gospel of their god's word, handing out pamphlets that promoted the religion which worshiped the Pokemon God.

But now, having a rather upset rock type rhino yell at him had left the Sawk lost for words.

"Uh."

"Spreading lies about Arceus on my street, will ya!? Well, let me tell ya the truth!"

Arial, who had let the pokemon speak his piece up until now was at the end of her rope. No one talked to her mate like that!

"No! Let me tell you the truth. You are gonna back off!"

The ice-type proceeded to ram herself into the Rhyperior's side.

"And stop talking trash about Arceus!"

"Who did that!?"

The even angrier Drill Pokemon began charging up flamethrower.

"Who's fixin ta die today!?"

Swoop, an Aerodactyl and one of Slug's oldest friends, had been trying to calm down his friend before the situation diffused into a brutal brawl. He attempted one last time to placate the angry Pokemon.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! Nobody's fixing to do anything!"

Motioning for Sludge, an Aurorus, they both proceeded to drag away their friend and resumed walking towards their original destination.

"C'mon mate. We got a table waiting for us at the ’Watering hole’.”

The Rhyperior seemingly satisfied with what he said and let his friends drag him off.

"Yeah, I showed them, huh!"

Once the trio were out of hearing distance, Adam proceeded to slam the pamphlets on the ground.

"That's it! I've had it with this nightmare city!

It was not the first time the couple had been assaulted. Verbally, various other mons and ponies had talked smack about what they were trying to preach, whether it was out of disagreement or spite was random, although one could chalk up the ponies resentment to the day Arceus himself showed up in the city and told it like it was.

"Adam, it’s just another-"

"It's always just another, Arail! I'm tired of people telling me what I don't want to hear. Every time I do something that I know in my heart is right, someone comes along and tries to ruin it!"

"I know you're still mad at those humans and Rangers who told you you couldn't love me, but things have changed now. Arceus has made us all one. Pokemon can now love humans without any stupid laws getting in the way. Don't let some stubborn Rhyperior take that away from you."

He sighed. "I'm tired. Let's just go home."

"Okay, whatever you want sweetie."


The Watering Hole, as it was called, was one of the newest bars in the city, and currently the only one run by a Pokemon: a Bisharp named Swerve.

As such, it was becoming the favorite place for Pokemon to spend their time and drink away their sorrows.

"And then I told them, ‘Let me tell you something, you're gonna back off!’" Slug said to the bartender.

Swerve, for the most part, did not care for Slug's stories, as he knew how little credit they had to them. But since the Rhino was a regular customer, he let him be.

"Serenity, now-" he muttered to himself

"I'm telling ya you would have loved it. Reminds me off the old days, before Equus, before the big move, before Arceus got out of his cell."

Slug brought his drink to his mouth.

"When everything...” He took a quaff of the drink. “...made sense"

Soon after a few glasses, the effects of the alcohol began to show.

"Slow down, Slug," Swoop said, "Don't you think you've had enough?"

"Ah, I can take it. What's the worst that can happen!"

Five minutes later, fate swooped in.

“RAAAAGGGHHHH!”

The Patrons of the bar were currently hiding behind various turned tables as a rampaging and very drunk Drill Pokemon threatened to set the joint on fire if he didn't shut off his flamethrower.

"This is the second time this month, and that's saying something!" Swerve thought to himself.

"Dang it, Slug! calm down!" Sludge said as he tried to grapple the Rhyperior.

"Are you kidding me!? I'm just getting warmed up!"

Slug threw his friend off him and fired a torrent of flames at the ceiling, which Sludge had to douse with his ice beam.

But the conflict was then interrupted by a third party.

"Slug!" A commanding voice said, "Next fire gets you three days in the slammer!"

The Rhyperior turned to see a Throh standing in the doorway flanked by two pony guards. His name was Walter and on his judogi was a badge which told all who saw it that this guy was a recognized member of the Las Pegasus law enforcement.

But Slug never acknowledged that, as all he saw was the same rival who he had fought countless times back on earth. Most of those times which he lost…

"Well then, you'll have to take me down first!"

And with that Slug charged the Judo Pokemon with a Megahorn, pinning him against the wall.

Unfortunately for Slug this gave Walter the opportunity to reach for a very specific pressure point on the Rhyperior and perform a rare technique few knew as the "Hephaestan Neuro Grip". This subsequently subdued the rampaging Pokemon and sent him into the world of dreams.

As the fallen Pokemon laid on the ground knocked out, Walter could only say a few words.

"Slug, when are you gonna learn."


"GAH!"

Slug woke up with a start. Sitting up, he looked around to see that he was in a metal cell; the one designed to contain big guys like him.

He also began to feel the effects of the mind-splitting hangover.

"Welcome back to the land of the sober."

The Drill Pokemon didn't even need to turn around to know that, standing outside the door of his cell was Walter. No doubt there to chastise him.

"Not exactly my favorite place."

"I have noticed. They say everyone rises to their level. That, along the way, they reach their potential and make use of it."

"Is this going somewhere?" Slug said annoyed.

"What I'm saying is that yours is at the bottom of a bucket." The Throh let out a low chuckle. "You know, back on Earth, my tribe once feared your kind. Whatever territory you guys wanted, you claimed. If you wanted food, you got it. If the humans tried expanding their cites, you and your buddies would send them packing with their tails between their legs if they had any. But now, you and your friends are just another group of mons wandering the land refusing to admit the truth that's right in front of you."

"And what would that be," Slug said, already knowing what he was gonna say.

"This isn't Earth, we can never go back, Equus is our home now. Why is that so hard for you to accept?"

Walter then jumped when the Rhyperior flew from his spot and made a very noticeable dent in the cell door with his fist.

"Ha. Made you flinch"

Seeing as the Pokemon was done listening to whatever words of wisdom he had for him, the Throh said what he came here to say.

"I am here to let you know that you have been bailed out. You're free to go."

The Rhyperior, not expecting this news, could only stand confused as Walter slowly made his way to the door and unlocked it.

"Now go."

Slug paced himself out of the cell only to stop by the Throh and look at him.

"Didn't think the guys would had any money to spend on me."

"Oh, they're not the ones who bailed you out"

"..Wait, what?"

"Yes, the gentlemon who did is waiting outside. You'll see him."

Slug was certainly not expecting this. Who in the right mind would go out of their way to bail out a stranger like him?

The confused Pokemon slowly made his way out of the precinct, wondering who this person could be.

He got his answer when he stepped outside.

Standing there were his friends Sludge, Swoop. and Snarl. But new among them was an Emboar, one that he had never met before.

"Hello. I presume you are the one called Slug?"

"That's me."

"I have an offer for you and your friends. But first, come with me."

"...Wait, who are you?"

"Oh, forgive me. Where are manners?"

The Emboar walked up to Slug and held out his hand.

"My name is Tabitha. I am an Admin of Team Magma."


The group had made their way to a park where Tabitha sat them all down at a table to talk.

"First of all, before I tell you my proposal, I must get the measure of you. Why were you incarcerated?"

Slug hesitated before answering, "I...I got into a fight at a bar."

"And may I ask how or why this fight started?"

"I was angry at someone."

"Was this someone in the bar you drank at, I presume?"

"No, it's...complicated"

"Hmmm, do tell."

"You see, back on Earth, me and my friends here... We were a group called the Dynomons, one of the most feared group of Pokémon in the Kalos Region wilderness."

"And you are not called that anymore?" Tabitha said with intrest

"Well...no. Not since we got separated from our leader, a Tyrantrum named Gridlock."

"And, like many who were brought here to this world, you have not found him yet."

"I'm not even sure he made it."

"How can you be so positive he didn't make it?"

"Well....before Arceus ripped us from our home world, we did some less than respectable things, and Gridlock, he took the fall for us during one of our raids on a human city. Gridlock was captured trying to help us escape."

"I'm...sorry to hear that. He must have been a great leader."

"The best! Before we could stage a breakout the next day, we all woke up here in this godforsaken world!"

"And...you're mad at Arceus because he denied you the chance to rescue your leader?" Tabitha concluded

"It's not just that! In the Kalos region, we fought against the oppression of the dragon tribes. Our skills as fighters meant something! Here, these ponies and their prancing Princess expect us to live like civilized mons. Anyone who live made a living by fighting can’t do that anymore.”

"So why not join the local law enforcement? In a city like this, cracking a few skulls seems in the line of work for them."

"You think we haven't tried that!?" Snarl said speaking for the first time since the talk began. "The mare in charge of the Guards here told us we were too violent and destructive! That we would be doing more harm than good."

"Thank you, Snarl." Slug then continued, "Back on Earth, the wilderness was untamed, uncut, chaotic. It was easy for my kind to do what we did best without any restrictions, be they moral or lawful. But, this land, and these ponies, they have changed everything! All this talk about unity and friendship has made both species stronger and, as much as I hate to admit it, more orderly."

Tabitha processed all this before coming to a conclusion. "So, not only are you mad at Arceus for separating you from your leader, but dropping you in a new world of new solutions, where the rules have changed and that you have to adapt to them?"

Slug eyed the Emboar with a stern look before responding.

"You, good sir, could not have hit home anymore then your words already did."

"Another question. Did you take your complaints to Arceus like everyone else? From that speech he gave weeks ago, he said anyone who had any grievances could come to his place."

"We did, and the grievances we gave were more physical than verbal....In the end, we had to be forcibly dismissed by some of the legendaries."

"I see. One last thing. You did not answer me on how or not you were sure your leader did not make it here."

"From what Arceus said, only those who are worthy made it here. And, if I had to count the number of sins Gridlock committed to keep us fed and alive, I would not have said he made the trip."

"But you four made it here right? Did you not have a clean record?"

"We...were not as dark as Gridlock."

Tabitha sat there for a full minute before putting on his trademark smile. "Well, I believe I have gotten the full measure of you four."

"Alright, now that we have told you our story, tell us what you want from us. Why bail me out?"

"As I said, I am a member of Team Magma, a group dedicated to the betterment of humankind."

"So I heard." Slug knew about Team Magma. From what he was told from some migrating bird Pokémon a few years back, Groudon and Kyogre had been awoken by two groups of humans to fight each other; one of them was Team Magma.

"And, as you have probably guess by our current state," Tabitha gestured to his Emboar body. "Our goals are probably null and void right now."

"Yes."

"So you would believe."

"...What?"

"An informant told me that Arceus said at the recent World Summit, humankind's goodness was to be preserved in the form of Pokémon, so that the habits and sins humanity did may never be repeated. He sought to erase these problems by erasing mankind altogether."

Tabitha's expression changed to one of a sneer as the first on his body glowed brighter.

"But, we of Team Magma, we defy Arceus. We defy his words and his truth. After millennia of being imprisoned, he attempted to take back control of the world. He wanted to show us who our master is by taking away our humanity. By taking away our homes and our lives, he told us a clear, simple message: ‘I control your destiny. I determine who and what kind of person you shall be. There is no will but mine. You belong to me now.’"

The flames on Tabitha died down as he resumed his normal composure.

"Sorry, I just had to get that out of my system."

"Uummm...are you going somewhere with this?" Swoop asked.

"Yes. What if I told you that this is the place where there are people like you and me: people who feel like Arceus cheated us out of our lives and our home? A place where we can show Arceus that he does not control us, our legacy, or our will?"

The Dynomons all exchanged looks before Slug faced Tabitha with a small smile.

"We're listening."