• Published 30th Jan 2016
  • 1,555 Views, 138 Comments

Pokemon: World of Remnants - Metroid Prime



Arceus thought he could take both humans and Pokemon from their world and leave it to die. We'll just see about that.

  • ...
9
 138
 1,555

Arrangements and Amends

Sunset woke up as the sun's rays beat down on her face. With an annoyed groan, she forced herself to get up.

"I don't know whether Celestia is hurrying me to get up and talk to her or if the sun is just being overly bright today."

The unicorn forced herself out of bed, walked to the window, and opened it.

The streets of Canterlot were already bustling with ponies and Pokemon alike. Sunset could only observe with curiosity as she saw the two different species work together in harmony.

"How long was I gone?"

After staring into space for a long time, the unicorn pulled herself back into the room and went over to the bathroom in order to wash up.

After all, she would need to look presentable when she faced her former mentor.


After Ruby woke up, the duo packed their things, thanked Written for allowing them to stay the night, then proceeded to walk towards the castle.

"So, you were Princess Celestia's student?" Ruby asked.

Sunset was silent for a moment before answering, "Yes, I was her pupil before the Princess of Ponyville, Twilight Sparkle."

"The lavender alicorn? You sound like you know her."

"We....met before, though not the way you would like."

"Oh? How?"

"I....tried to steal her crown."

"Wooooow, did she bust you?"

"Of course she did, although she was somewhat forgiving. But, then again, she's the Princess of Friendship. It's in her nature to forgive and make new friends."

"I see, well good for you."

"Yeah, but enough about me. Why do you need to talk to Celestia?"

"My father sent me to discuss some...matters in making an event he and his company wish to hold."

"An event?"

"More like... a tournament."

"What kind of tournament?"

"Well, you know how Pokemon like to fight each other right?"

Sunset had to think on that question for a second. She had not been back in Equestria for more than two days and she did see a few Pokemon fight each other with a fiery spirit in their eyes, not unlike how she had fought Twilight back in Canterlot High.

"Yes, I suppose I have seen a few battles."

"Well, Dad wants to hold an official Pokemon Tournament so Pokemon and trainers from all over Equestria can compete in order to see who is the strongest!"

Sunset could only give a brief smile at the Braixen's words. A competition deciding who deserves the most glory?

"I once wanted that a long time ago."

"Oh look, we're here!"

Sunset snapped out of her daydream to see that they were indeed in front of Canterlot Castle.

"Well, let's not hold this any longer! Come on!"

Ruby sped into the castle, Sunset slowly trotting behind her.

"And, if I am being honest with myself, a part of me still does want it."


Sunset and Ruby sat outside the throne room, waiting their turn as one pony entered while another one exited.

Since Ruby had a pre-scheduled meeting with Princess Celestia, that meant she was first, while the solar Alicorn knew that Sunset was to see her. The unicorn wanted to wait a little longer.

Finally, it was Ruby's turn.

"Welp, see ya when I get out."

Sunset could only give her a warm smile as she went in, truly wishing the Pokemon the best of luck.

As the door closed the unicorns mind drifted to the thoughts of her relationship with the fox.

She had been so nice to her. They had only known each other for less than 24 hours and yet the hooded Braixen had treated her like any other person, not caring about her past or what sins she had committed. She was kind to Sunset like she would want others to be kind to her.

She treated her like...a friend.

"How long has it been since I called someone that?"


Ruby walked down the rug as she approached the Solar alicorn who sat on her high chair.

Princess Celestia was immediately smitten by the adorable look of this Pokemon, from first glance she looked like a child who was trying to look like and adult.

"I wonder if she's the hugging type like Rika?"

"Hello there, little one. What would your name be?"

"I am Ruby Mann, ma'am."

"Well Ruby, what is it that you would wish to discuss?"

"I am here on a request on behalf of the Magma Corporation."

"Oh, I don't believe I ever heard the name before. Mind telling me a little bit about this company?"

"The Magma Corporation of Technology and Engineering, or the Magma Corporation for short, is a private company based in the City of Vale. My father is the CEO."

"Vale? It's been awhile since I heard that name."

"The company specializes in the creation of technology and robotics. We have spent most the time here reinventing old Earth technology."

"Oh, and what sort of technology would that be?" Celestia had a somewhat worried voice, as she hoped this Magma Corporation had not reinvented a certain capsule device.

"Mostly the things Pokemon Trainers used to have, such as potions, TMs, Pokedexs, Xtransceivers, Poketchs, Pokegears, Pokenavs, Ranger Stylers, and C-Gears."

"......"

"And before you ask, no we did not reinvent the Pokeball. The extinction of apricorns made that virtually impossible by normal means."

"Ohthankme.....Well then, Miss Mann, I can assume that your little company has been somewhat successful?"

"Yes Princess. We are just about ready to send preorders out so Pokemon and Trainers can once again use tech from our home planet, hopefully make them feel more at home."

"I am glad to hear that. So, just what does the Magma Corporation need of me?"

"Well Princess, we would like, with your blessing, to hold the first official Equestrian Pokemon Tournament."

"..A...Pokemon Tournament?" Seth had told her about those event, where Pokemon Trainers all fought for glory in an arena

"Yes, you see back on Earth you know how their was a Pokemon League where trainers could go about challenging Gyms and Championships right? Well occasionally a city or region would hold a Pokemon Tournament for various purposes and reasons"

"Such as?"

"Well, there was the Club Battle in Nimbasa City where the winner got a set of power wings, and in the Pokemon World Tournament Junior Cup, the winner got to battle a Champion, but really any completion can be held for numerous reasons and prizes"

"Well, this all seems promising enough, but I do have one important question in mind."

"And that would be?"

"Since this is a Tournament where Pokemon will inevitably be fight till one can battle no more, I must ask how will the wounded and injured be cared for?"

"That will be entirely provided by the Magma Corporation, since we have reinvented various potions, Fixing Pokemon up will be no problem. I also forgot to mention that we have opened a total of three Pokemon Centers in Vale that will be used for the Tournament."

Princess Celestia smiled at this news. "I see, so I have your word that this competition will be purely for sport and entertainment?"

"Yes Princess, you have the guarantee of the Magma Corporation that this will be a completely safe event."

"One last question. How and where in Vale will this Tournament be held? Last time I heard, Vale was not the most wealthiest city."

"Oh, Vale has changed much since we arrived here. The city has grown since the Magma Corporation was set up there. We have built a fully operational stadium with all the latest safety equipment."

".....Very well, I approve of this event. You may have this Tournament and receive whatever help you need in setting it up."

Ruby nodded. "Thank you, Princess. The Magma Corporation also has your thanks."

"And, if you don't mind, I may send someone to check on the progress of this event. Also, it's been a while since I have heard from Vale. That city hasn't had much activity since......."

"Since what, Princess?"

"Never mind. It's all in the past. One last thing, what shall be the name of this Tournament?"

"It shall be called ‘The Tournament of Elements’, Princess."

"A fitting name. Well, I believe that is all we have to discuss. It was a pleasure talking with you, Ruby Mann."

"As with you, Princess Celestia."


Sunset's head shot up when she heard the throne room's doors open, and out walked Ruby with a satisfied look on her face.

"Welp, I did what dad told me to do. You’re up next, Sunset."

"Oh, okay."

"Break a leg! I'll be waiting outside when you're done."

"...Thanks, Ruby."

And with that, Sunset entered the throne room, ready to right the wrongs she had committed so long ago.

Princess Celestia was currently scribbling down on a scroll. She didn't even look up to see had entered.

After a few terrifying seconds, Sunset spoke.

"Hello, Princess Celestia."

The alabaster alicorn's eyes widened when she heard a voice she had not heard in a long time.

Putting down the quill and scroll, the Princess of the sun slowly turned until her eyes confirmed what her ears had heard.

The teacher stared at her former student for a few agonizing seconds before giving her former student a warm smile.

And almost immediately she was upon Sunset, scooping her up in an embrace as if the Princess was hugging her lost daughter.

"Sunset Shimmer, I always knew you would return to me."

After overcoming the initial shock of the hug, Sunset returned the hug and wrapped her arms around the one pony she considered a second mother.

"Princess, I am so so sorry."

"No, I am the one who should be saying sorry."

For a good minute, the room was silent enough that one could hear a pin drop. Not even the sniffs of the nearby bodyguards was heard by the two hugging ponies.

After a while, the duo lifted their heads and looked into each other's eyes.

"Princess, can you ever forgive me?"

Celestia then gave a small kiss on Sunset's forehead. "I already have."

After all was said and done, Celestia returned to her throne while Sunset stood and waited for her to speak again.

"So Sunset, I believe the reason is obvious why you have returned to Equestria"

"Yes."

"But I must ask, now that you are back and all is forgiven, what do you plan to do now?"

Sunset then became lost for words. She really hadn't thought of that. All she had on her mind was making amends with her mentor and asking for forgiveness. After that, she hoped Celestia would just give her back her position of student, but she couldn't just outright ask it back"

"I....don't know."

"Well, allow me to give you a path."

Sunset look Celestia in the eye. What could she want from her?

"I have been waiting for this day ever since Twilight told me what had happened to you. I am a pony who believes in second chances; a chance to continue and pick up where we left off."

"You....you mean that?"

"Sunset Shimmer, Twilight Sparkle has already proven that friendship and love is one of, if the not the most powerful force in the or any world. And I believe you can learn this too. While it may have been her destiny to become an alicorn princess, the potential for you is still possible if you will take it."

Was this really happening!? Was Princess Celestia, the teacher who she betrayed and tried to overthrow, giving her another chance to become her equal?!

As Sunset processed these words, a little voice spoke in her head.

"You could finally have it! The dream you always wanted! The power, the status! You could do whatever you want!"

But at the same time, another voice spoke up.

"No, if she takes this path, it will not be to obtain glory and power, but to be a better person; a better pony."

"You could finally show that stupid Twilight Sparkle who is Celestia's favorite student! The dream that you always dream is about to blossom, and all you have to do is reach out and pluck it!"

"You can be better. You inspire people and Pokemon, Sunset. Do not return to the path that cost you this dream before. Don't do this for yourself, but do it for them."

Sunset let the two voices argue for only a few more moments more before looking at the Princess with a look of confidence on her face.

"I accept Princess Celestia, I promise to be a better pupil this time."

The smile on Celestia's face beamed until you could swear it was almost glowing. "I am very happy to hear that, Sunset Shimmer. And welcome back."

"However, I have one request in this matter."

"Oh? And what would that be?"

"Twilight became a Princess through the help of her friends. I feel like the only way I will become a fair one is if I go and learn about friendship just like she did."

"I see, and how will you do this?"

"I made a new friend who saved me. She showed me kindness and treated me like a friend, even when I put myself in a less than flattering light."

"That is wonderful to hear. She must be a very special pony."

"Well, you should know. She did just talk to you before me."

"Ruby! Well, I applaud you, Sunset. You certainly have made a special friend."

"Thank you, Princess."

"I assume this means that you will be staying in Vale to learn about the magic of friendship?"

"Vale? Is that where she's from?"

"Yes. She told me her father is the CEO of the Corporation set up there."

"Well then, Vale it is!"

"Good, good. Oh, and Sunset? There is something I wish to give you."

Celestia then teleported a small box in front of her. Upon opening it, she pulled out another thing Sunset had not seen in a long time.

The book she would use to communicate with the Princess.

"Take this with you. Use it write to me the lessons of friendship you will learn, if and when you happen to discover them."

Celestia floated the book to Sunset until the unicorn took in in her magical grasp.

"Thank you, Princess. I will not fail you! I'll study harder than ever before!"

Celestia then giggled.

"What's so funny?"

"Well, what if I told that was the same thing Twilight told me when I assigned her to Ponyville?"

Sunset could only blink before joining the Princess in laughter.


Ruby woke up from her small nap when she heard the throne room doors open. Out stepped Sunset Shimmer who looked looked as happy as she could be.

"How did it go?"

"Princess Celestia forgave me! I am her student again!"

"Oh that's great news, Sunset! You must be jumping for joy!"

"Oh, I just might."

"So, now what are you gonna do?"

"Well, go wherever you're going."

"Wait..what?"

"I am going to learn about the magic of friendship! I think the best way to do that is go with you to Vale."

"Really? You wanna come with me?"

"Yeah, it'll be great! I'm sure you have lots of friend back home!"

"Oh yeah, I’m friends with everyone in Team Magma! You'll love them! They're really awesome guys!"

"Well, then what are we waiting for?"

"We're waiting for the bird to arrive."

"Yeah....wait what?"


Canterlot Landing Docks

Ruby and Sunset waited on the Canterlot Landing Docks, where ships would come and go from the capital city.

From what Ruby had told her, "Bird" was a codename for the dropships that carried the members of the Magma Corporation all over Equestria. From what she was told, they could travel from Vale to Canterlot in less than hour, meaning that these things were probably the fastest aerial vehicles in the world.

"Dad says the guys in the lab are this close to reinventing the teleporters they used to have back at the old base, although Tabitha says the heavy flagships will be more efficient in transporting large cargo all over the world. Last I heard, it was 85% done being built."

Sunset took in all this strange information. Somehow it sounded familiar: computers, cars, TV's, phones. That last time she remember seeing or hearing any of those things was back in the hum-

"Oh look, it's here."

Sunset snapped out of her trance to see a black metal ship, which was about the size of a small house land on the docking pad. On its side was a large red "M", which had a distinct set of markings.

The vehicle was unlike any airship Sunset had ever seen, compared to the traditional ships that resembled boats. Flying in the air, this one was rectangular in shape, and had four smaller boxes on the ship, which Sunset could only assume were the "Thrusters" which allow the ship to move through the air at high velocities.

The door in the back opened and both Ruby and Sunset stepped inside.

The inner sanctums of the ship were even more techy and a few screens and various gadgets hung from the wall and ceiling. Multiple seats were available for seating and they look like they could seat equines and people like Ruby.

After they had buckled up, Ruby signaled for the pilot to take off. Sunset held onto her seat as a humming sound was heard, the jets lifted the dropship off the ground and began its trip back home.

One of the screens turned on so Sunset could see Equestria as they passed by the rivers and trees below, it was that way for a good 30 minuets.

And soon enough, the City of Vale came into view.

What what Sunset remembered the urban city was just like most other cities in Equestria. Not as significant as Manehattan or Las Pegasus, but normal enough. But when they flew over the city, she noticed something wasn't there before.

A wall, and a thick one at that.

The structure surrounded the entirety of the city, the ends of the wall connecting to the two mountains which formed a "U" shape, essentially encasing the city within a natural barrier.

"When did they build that?" Sunset asked.

"From what I heard, the people living there got tired of the constant monster attacks from the nearby forest. So they built that wall as a way to keep out all the nasty things which would snatch them away at night."

"Really? I thought its was to keep out Pokemon."

"Well, considering the last time a group of ponies tried to force Pokemon out of a city, our god had to intervene. He made it clear that the Pokemon were here to stay and that not one could do a thing about it."

"...From the way you put it, I guess not everyone was happy with that response."

"Oh, believe me, there are a LOT of humans and Pokemon in the world who didn't like the little ‘Rapture’ stunt Arceus pulled on everyone. My dad says he is gonna do something about it."

"You dad wants to stand up to god? A literal deity?"

"Well, from what Grandpa Max told me, God used up most of his powers bringing all of us here, but not everyone knows it. Not that dad would try and walk into God's temple and slash at him with his weapon. I'm pretty sure it would just make Arceus angry more than anything."

"Yeah, good point."

"Oh look! You can see the home base from here!"

Sunset then looked back at the screen to just in time to see the Magma Corporation Headquarters come into view.

The place was... "Big", to describe the least. The entire complex sat at the base of Mountain Glem, only half a mile away from the city. Multiple buildings surrounded a larger white and silver one that had the same distinct "M" sitting at the top. One of the larger buildings looked like a place that had been reconverted from a dormitory. Sunset assumed that's where everyone lived. At the back of the area, two large hangars stood in the shadows.

The dropship then proceeded to rest over a landing pad in front of the main building.

When Sunset and Ruby stepped outside the ship, it took off, going towards the hangars at the back of the complex.

As Ruby walked towards the front door, Sunset trailed behind her as she took in the shape and size of the building. It was almost as big as the Canterlot castle.

As soon as Ruby got to the main doors, they opened at her presence and a voice spoke from somewhere.

"Welcome to Magma Corporation.”

When Ruby looked back at Sunset, the unicorn was wondering where that voice came from.

"That's An-G. She runs the place."

"Who?"

"She's basically the A.I. computer that manages the complex."

"What does A.I. stand for?"

"Artificial Intelligence," Ruby said as she entered the building.

Sunset stood there for a moment before grinning and following the fox.

"Oh man, if Twilight ever found out about this, she would have a field day."


Once inside, Ruby led Sunset to the main foyer in the center of the building. Various Pokémon passed by along with a few people in unique red uniforms. Sunset, however, kept looking at the ones in red, as the shape of their faces looked familiar for some reason.

Sunset turned back to Ruby. "So where is this dad I have heard so much about?"

"He should right around....there!"

Ruby then pointed to a figure dressed in a pair of dark blue pants and red jacket talking to a pair of the uniformed beings.

"Hi, Daddy!"

It was only until the figure turned around that Sunset remembered where she had seen that species before.

Walking towards her and Ruby right now was a light brown colored human being.

The human stopped before both of them and gave a warm loving smile.

"Hey, Dad! This is my new friend, Sunset Shimmer! Can she stay with us? Please?"

The human looked at Sunset for a moment before raising out a five fingered hand.

"Hello, Sunset Shimmer. My name is Brandon Maxis Mann.”

Author's Note:

Don't you just love happy reunions?


Also, hail Hydra Magma!