• Published 23rd Nov 2015
  • 1,478 Views, 56 Comments

Princess Sky Stormer - Skymaster9929



When a Pegasus unexpectedly becomes an Alicorn, she's taken away from her current life and plunged into a world of romance, political intrigue and backstabbing. Can Sky Stormer survive this place, while staying true to who she is?

  • ...
11
 56
 1,478

Chapter 14

They weren't.

The surprisingly fast Argent picked up one assassin by the throat and hit another one with him. Twilight Sparkle lasered off the limbs of magical stone golems, and Patty melted their glowing gem cores into liquids.

Sky watched the fight and barely needed to lift a wing under the cold moonlit sky. Which was good, because Twilight warned her that putting too much Alicorn magic into her wings would result in her permanently altering the planet's climate and take weather ponies generations to fix, and Equestria couldn't afford that to happen to Canterlot. Laser blasts and kicks to the face, on the other hoof, were fine. Sky felt odd using her martial arts skills against assassins instead of her wings, but her Earth Pony strength had definitely been awakened, and shattering rock and diamond felt as easy as breaking crisps.

She spun and kicked into one, and then kicked another up into the air, where a flap of her wings sent him flying into the bolt fired by an assassin bow. Another flap of her wings sent the shot fighter back into the tower the assassin was firing from, her horn starting to glow blue. An explosion spell was cast on the assassin, and when he crashed through the window his partner was firing from, the spell exploded and took them both out.

Rarity made a shield out of gems to protect the non-combatants, but when everypony else decided to fight, the gem wall was shattered and turned into a deadly anti-assassin weapon. Her eyes easily picked up those sneaking up on the other fighters.

Rainbow kicked an assassin in the face and punched another one, and when one flew down at her, she moved and he hit the ground, breaking several ribs. She kicked him for good measure, and an assassin snuck up behind her, ready to backstab her. Pinkie Pie jumped out of his mane, breaking out of his blue hood and snapping his neck. Rainbow turned around in time to see Pinkie happily grin at her, and the two hoof-bumped.

"It was an honour to fight for you." Argent said to Sky as he bowed and his magic snapped two assassin necks at once, the last ones around for miles.

"Um... no problem." Sky said, embarassed.

"Well, this was a great first date." Patty joked.

"This wasn't a date, silly billy!" Pinkie Pie said, poking her face. Patty glared at her like she wanted to burn her, and Pinkie Pie laughed at her. "Angry pony!"

"Well, um... I hope Princess Celestia likes what she reads." Sky said nervously. "And... I really liked spending time with you."

"Thank you." Twilight said.

"My favourite part was when Pinkie Pie trashed a bad comedian." Patty said. Pinkie grinned to a fellow joker.

"She what? I wish I'd been there to see that!" Snowy said.

"And I sung." Sky said quietly.

"Really? You're a great singer, sweetie. Could you sing for us later?" Snowy asked.

"Ok." Sky said shyly.

"Bye! Have a lovely evening!" Twilight said, walking over to Celestia's castle to deliver her report.

"So... what do you think of Sky?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"You wouldn't think she's Alicorn material, but... she is. She's modest, loyal, kind, generous, honest, fun, and exactly what this country needs in a ruler. I'm surprised she hasn't saved the world yet, but if she's spent her life in a boring town, it would explain things. She's smart, too." Twilight said.

"So... is she smarter than you?" Rainbow asked.

"Nope." Twilight said confidently.

"What do you think of her friends?" Rainbow asked.

"They're crazy." Twilight said bluntly. "But they're also good friends that care deeply about her. I'm not too sure about a certain one of them, though."

"Stroke?" Rainbow guessed. "She's too cute, the cute ones are always crazy. I bet she does taxation."

"That's taxidermy, but it's just as illegal."

"Whatever."

"Also, what? Stroke is adorable. Don't be stupid. I don't trust Patty. Even if being friends with a Princess does make you immune to the law - why do you think you're not in Tartarus for messing with Winter? - she seriously pushed it with what she did to that Donkey. I don't trust her, and she seems like a bad influence on Sky. And you know how Princess Celestia feels about bad influences."

"Yeah." Rainbow Dash said sadly. "Do you think she's going to the sun, or moon?"

"Can you not?!" Twilight asked angrily. "She can't even do that any more without the Elements of Harmony!"

"I know, I'm just messing around." Rainbow said happily.

Twilight groaned.