• Published 23rd Nov 2015
  • 1,478 Views, 56 Comments

Princess Sky Stormer - Skymaster9929



When a Pegasus unexpectedly becomes an Alicorn, she's taken away from her current life and plunged into a world of romance, political intrigue and backstabbing. Can Sky Stormer survive this place, while staying true to who she is?

  • ...
11
 56
 1,478

Chapter 7

"We really must stop meeting like this." Princess Celestia commented as she glanced around at the eight heads of noble houses around her, at the assassin and his wife, and at her newest Alicorn.

"Good sunrise, is that Rose Bud?" Fancy Pants asked in shock, his monocle falling off.

"Yes, from the Naturia house." Black said, his wife next to him.

"Hold on!" Rose Quartz, Rose Bud's mother, said nervously. She was even fatter than her daughter, and her dark-pink hair-petals were more square-shaped. "She has acted rashly, and not in accordance with the desires of House Naturia!"

"Mother!" Rose Bud yelled, shocked. "You said... you said..."

"Silence, traitor." Rose Quartz said as her horn glowed, black thorns clamping her daughter's mouth shut, cutting into the skin.

"There's no need for that." Princess Celestia said, a fire spell from her burning away the thorns. "We can hear what this pony has to say."

"She lies!" Rose Quartz declared. Sky Stormer cast a truth spell. "I told her to do this, and threatened to take her inheritance away if she didn't! This is all my fault!"

Everyone was quiet.

"Wait, what?" Rose Quartz asked, confused.

"Ah, truth spells. One of the finest things in life." Fancy Pants said approvingly.

"But I... but you..." Rose Quartz said, stunned. "Truth spells are illegal to cast on somepony without permission!"

"Alicorns are above the law. Did you never find it odd that the law forbids magical interference with the sun, yet I move the sun every day?" Princess Celestia asked.

"You... This is all your fault! If you and your sister had killed this unworthy Alicorn like you were supposed to, none of this would have happened!" Rose Quartz screamed, horn glowing. Black thorns burst into the room to grab Rose Bud, but she responded by lighting her own horn and causing white thorns to wrap around them and crush them.

"I'm not taking the fall for you any more!" Rose Bud said, making the white thorns fly up and pierce Rose Quartz's skin. "I am not your seed of destruction, to plant wherever you please!"

"Hold on, sister? I thought I killed an invisible Changeling." Sky said.

"YOU DID WHAT?!" They both asked.

"Yeah, when I crushed her with one wing swipe, it made a green splash of goo. She's a Changeling." Sky said flatly.

"My own sister..." Rose Bud realized, horrified. "She was replaced with a Changeling, and I never noticed?"

"Of course not. Not when you two were always at each other's throats, so desparate for your mommy's love!" Rose Quartz laughed.

"Well then... IT'S A GOOD THING I DON'T HAVE A MOTHER ANY MORE!" Rose Bud screamed, horn glowing brightly as pink vines broke the ground and grabbed Rose Quartz, lifting her higher and higher into the air as one vine snapped off the fat mare's horn, the others squeezing tighter and tighter until...

There was a loud scream.

Princess Celestia had cast a sleep spell on Rose Bud and teleported Rose Quartz somewhere else, smoking burn marks on the white vines.

"Princess?" Sky Stormer asked nervously.

"Yes, my little pony?" Princess Celestia asked.

"Where is Rose Quartz?" Sky asked.

"It does not matter." Princess Celestia as Rose Bud started to get up. "Rose Bud, you are now the sole inheritor of the Naturia House."

"Say wha?" Rose mumbled.

"You are now the sole inheritor of the Naturia House." Princess Celestia stated.

"Oh." Rose Bud said. "...Neat."

Rose Bud fell down. At first, Sky thought she was going back to sleep, but instead, the pink mare curled into a ball and started to cry.

Sky uncomfortably moved closer to Princess Celestia, hoping her large body would shield her from the eyes of the other noble houses. "Sky Stormer, have you anything to say to these noble ponies?"

"Uh... Hi." Sky said shyly.

"Hi." The others said in chorus.

"...Do you like Pone Piece?" Sky asked hopefully.

Fancy Pants facehoofed.