• Published 23rd Nov 2015
  • 1,474 Views, 56 Comments

Princess Sky Stormer - Skymaster9929



When a Pegasus unexpectedly becomes an Alicorn, she's taken away from her current life and plunged into a world of romance, political intrigue and backstabbing. Can Sky Stormer survive this place, while staying true to who she is?

  • ...
11
 56
 1,474

Chapter 15

"Daring..." Sky whispered as she held her pillow tighter. As silently and slowly as a snake, a stallion got on top of her. "You're so..."

She smelled him and grumpily opened an eye, and saw Argent smiling at her, right in her face, to her shock. "Good evening, Princess. Did you sleep well?" He asked merrily.

Sky regretted being a Princess and Argent regretted everything he had ever done as her wings pomfed and blasted him through the wall, flying away like a frisbee over Canterlot and into Ponyville.


"And that is how I became the bedridden monstrosity you see before you." Argent told Sky as they walked through Canterlot Castle together, her servant walking backwards in front of her and sweeping the floor with his tail. His idea, not hers, though his desire to serve her could not be swayed.

"You're literally walking with me right now." Sky said flatly.

"I know." Argent said happily. "I know healing spells. But your Babylon friend said it, and I like saying it."

"Whatever. Let's just find out why we've been summoned to the Princesses, which noble rat needs their flanks kicked, and go home." Sky said.

"You seem grumpy. Did someone poison your drink?" Argent asked. "Did someone hit you with a curse?"

"No, Alicorns are curse-immune, don't be stupid. I'm grumpy because a crazy pony decided 'Sure, it's okay if you guard my door while I sleep, that's kinda sweet' meant 'Mount me in my sleep'." Sky said flatly.

"HOW DARE HE! That craven knave... Give me a name, and I'll skewer him!" Argent shouted enthusiastically.

Sky laughed. "I'd like to see that."

"I beg, tell me his name!" Argent begged.

"It's you." Sky said flatly.

"A pony named You?" Argent asked. He gasped like a filly, eyes shrinking. "Or a pony from Japrance named Yu?"

"IT'S YOU, YOU IDIOT!" Sky yelled. And then she gasped. "I'm sorry, I didn't-"

"Me?" Argent gasped.

"Um... Yes." Sky said.

"But I made sure I guarded you all night, and woke you up on time with a bright smile and bushy tail!" Argent said happily. "How could I have done that if I was busy guarding you?"

"...We'll talk about this later." Sky said as they entered Celestia and Luna's room. Celestia and Luna were there. Sky's friends, Twilight's friends, and Twilight were also there. "What's the sitch?"

"My ponies... today, we face a threat to Equestria. A threat far greater than any we have ever faced before..." Princess Celestia said.

"Changelings?" Sky guessed.

"Tirek?" Twilight guessed.

"Tirek working with Changelings?" They guessed together.

"No... One far m-"

"The baby of Tirek and Queen Chrysalis?" Pinkie guessed.

"...One far more deadly." Princess Celestia said. "One whose presence can ruin lives."

"I know whose presence ruins lives! MY MOM!" Patty shouted.

Everyone was quiet for a moment as patty got sad. Snowy patted her.

"What is it?" Sky asked.

"Obesity." Princess Celestia said.

Sky gasped, and Twilight laughed. "Good one, Princess Celaugh-stia!"

"It's Trollestia." Sky said.

"She doesn't like being called that!" Twilight said.

"It's alright." Princess Celestia said. "She's a Princess now, and we may call each other whatever we please... Isn't that right? Sky Storm-butt."

Sky gasped. "Princess Celestia... What did you just call me?"

"Verily, thou art... a butt-face!" Princess Luna declared.

"I... I can't believe this is happening." Sky said quietly. It was like Princess Celestia was insulting her childishly to her face... except that's exactly what was happening! She couldn't think of any clever metaphors because IT WAS HAPPENING!!!

"You know who can't believe anything? Twilight! She needs factual evidence before she can believe anything at all!" Luna said.

"What's wrong with that?" Twilight asked.

"...Nothing at all, tis to be admired." Luna said sadly. "Forgive me, it seems I'm a little rusty after not talking to anypony for a thousand years. Due to being on-"

"ON THE MOOOOOOOONAAAAAHHHH." Princess Celestia groaned. "I don't know why you're always complaining about that, you're the one with the moon on their flanks. Rainbow Dash lives in a cloud, and you don't see her complaining."

"Thy flanks are practically moons in their own right, sister!" Princess Luna shouted.

"Yes, rock-hard and stared at by countless stallions and mares." Princess Celestia said, shaking her rear in Luna's face.

Sky laughed. "I'm dreaming."

"No, tis real." Princess Luna said. "If you were dreaming, would you not dream of something amazing, like Megatron and Optimus Prime getting intimate in the middle of a battlefield-"

"No! Please!" Sky said, but it was too late. Her friends were already laughing at her.

She hung her head miserably.

Twilight patted her on the shoulder, to her shock. "It's alright. One time, I dreamed I was a book, and all the ponies read me and loved me."

"Especially your brother." Princess Luna remembered.

Twilight screamed in rage, and Sky felt a little better. "Thanks, honey." Sky said, hugging her.

"Honey?" Twilight gasped.

"She calls everyone honey." Snowy said.

"She never calls me honey." Argent said sadly.

"Sorry, honey." Sky said, patting him. He squeed.

"Now, for your assignment... something must be done about the horrible crisis that is threatening Equestria. But first, we must go and see a Wonderbolts show."

"You like the Wonderbolts?" Sky asked in surprise.

"NO. Their routines are the same thing time after time every century, speeding things up or including smoke trails won't change a thing. Spitfire is the bluest falcon I have ever had the displeasure of seeing. I look forward to firing her when the time comes." Princess Celestia said grumpily. "But as Princesses, we have certain duties."

"Duties to see a show, and THEN fix the obesity crisis threatening to kill hundreds and ruin the lives of thousands." Sky checked.

"Believe me, I'd much rather fight evil." Princess Celestia sighed. "But sadly, if it doesn't have lasers, claws, horns, or holes, I cannot get away with calling things off to fight it. Sometimes, I envy you ponies, and how you can adventure freely with no responsibilities."

"And sometimes, the ponies that have nothing envy you, and your high-society stuffed-crust fools that decide the fate of lives by being popular and pretty, something anypony can do with enough magic." Sky snarked. "And I'm sure all the dead or dying ponies envy our immortality, too."

Princess Celestia glared at Sky, who did not back down. Princess Celestia smiled. "Congratulations, you passed that test."

"YES!" Patty yelled, hugging Sky. "BEST NEW ALICORN EVER!"

"Okay, let's... uh... go!" Sky said shyly.