• Published 23rd Nov 2015
  • 1,475 Views, 56 Comments

Princess Sky Stormer - Skymaster9929



When a Pegasus unexpectedly becomes an Alicorn, she's taken away from her current life and plunged into a world of romance, political intrigue and backstabbing. Can Sky Stormer survive this place, while staying true to who she is?

  • ...
11
 56
 1,475

Chapter 10

Sky Stormer teleported into Princess Celestia's room, and saw the other Alicorns, and Twilight's friends. "Hi." Sky said nervously.

"You did not destroy one of my windows." Princess Celestia noticed.

"Uh... yeah..." Sky said, scratching the back of her head.

"While you were gone, I trust you were behaving in a manner acceptable for an Alicorn princess?" Princess Celestia asked.

"Eeeyep." Sky said.

"Totally." Patty said.

"The most acceptable manner of all." Snowy said.

"I like apples." Stroke said happily.

"Regardless... We have narrowed down some acceptable candidates for your guard, given that unlike us, you have a reason for them." Princess Luna said.

"I wasn't exactly liked at first, but it wasn't this bad!" Princess Twilight said.

"What gives?" Rainbow asked.

"It's because you six are heroes, and... I'm not. I'm just a nobody." Sky said sadly.

"Relax! Eventually, your assassins will die of old age. And then, there will only be the offspring of bitter old fools to send assassins after you. But if all goes well, they'll come to love you, or run out of money after hiring enough assassins, and if not, you can try again next generation." Celestia said. It was like generations were just days to her.

"Um... I don't think Sky can wait that long." Stroke said quietly.

"She can, but thy friends can not." Princess Luna said. Sky always thought Luna was cuter than Celestia. She felt her Alicorn body acting up again, and started to get nervous.

"I'm curious. Have you ever felt strange feelings upon becoming an Alicorn?" Princess Celestia asked.

"YES." Sky yelled, wings flying out, sending gusts of wind around the room.

"Dang, girl! Nice wings!" Rainbow Dash said.

Sky squeed and passed out.

Patty rolled her eyes, and kicked her in the cutie mark, making her wake up.

"Regardless... Perhaps, your guards may be able to help you." Princess Celestia said.

Snowy's head burst like a balloon, and a new one grew in its place. She opened her mouth her tongue extended, a second head forming on the tip, which yelled "THEY'LL WHAT?!"

"Hey, I can do that too!" Pinkie realised.

"Sweet Celestia... There's two of them." Twilight whispered in fear.

"Argent?" Princess Celestia asked.

"You called?" A red Unicorn with an orange mane, yellow eyes asked, leaping gracefully out of Sky's mane somehow. He looked like a cute kid, younger than Sky, even though he'd have to be older than Sky to have finished Royal Guard training, and his armour was gold with red highlights.

Sky screamed.

"Hey, I can do that too!" Pinkie realised.

"Screaming?" Rainbow asked.

"No, this!" Pinkie yelled, jumping out of Rainbow's mane and making her scream.

"My princess!" Argent shouted, throwing himself at Sky Stormer's hooves, tail stiffening. He suddenly started talking extremely fast. "I will serve you and love you and protect you and be everything a guard should be, for I am a Royal Guard! No monster shall ever separate me from your side, unless I have to go hit it with a sword or something in which case sure, I'll totally separate, BUT ONLY FOR THAT, and then I'll be right by your side, where I was always meant to be!"

"Huh?" Sky asked.

"I would die for you." Argent whispered breathily, eyes sparkling.

"Uhhhhhhhh..." Sky said.

"Twice." Argent declared. "No, THREE TIMES! NO, SEVEN TIMES! NO, TEN MILLION TIMES!"

"There's... three of them?" Twilight whispered, fear in her eyes.

Patty laughed.

"He's rather cute." Snowy said.

"I like his sword." Stroke said.

"Argent is the most powerful, determined, and... devoted... of my Royal Guard." Princess Celestia said. "And now, he is yours."

"The others wanted to get rid of me, because I'm so awesome I make them look lame, because I can kick all their butts and I put in more effort than any of them, even though I'm no fancy rich pony and I'm not a noble. So now I'm working for you instead. But I don't care. I'm just happy to be helpful!" Argent said happily, hugging her leg like a dog.

"Uh... Where are my other guards?" Sky Stormer asked.

"This is the only one you need. My guards and Luna's once tried to team up in the training field to take him down a peg. He crushed every last one so quickly, the fight was over before we'd finished half our popcorn." Princess Celestia said.

"I live to serve!" Argent said happily, getting off her leg and bowing to his new princess.

"Awesome!" Patty said happily.

"Also... I was hoping you would be interested in a certain meeting with me." Princess Celestia said.

"A date?" Patty asked, surprised.

"Say yes!" Snowy shouted. "Maybe she has a brother!"

"I do, and he's married." Twilight said.

"Maybe he'll dump her and marry me instead!" Snowy said hopefully.

"To ME." Princess Cadence said as Princess Celestia ate popcorn. Patty laughed.

"...He's a very lucky stallion." Snowy said sadly.

"Oh, yes." Princess Cadence said.

"By the way... Patty, certain nobles with spies have told me you have enslaved a donkey's offspring, just to spite him, using my Sister's Royal Guard as breeding stock. Is that true?" Princess Celestia asked.

"Nnnope." Patty said.

"Good, because my royal guard would make much better breeding stock." Princess Celestia said.

"WHAT?" Snowy asked in shock, voiding what should never be voided in front of Alicorns.

"Aren't they all incompetent?" Sky wondered. Snowy hid herself behind Patty.

"I don't promote them for their skills on the battlefield." Princess Celestia said as she smirked.

Everypony wondered what she'd just said, and then Snowy screamed like she'd been electrocuted, fainting. And then she woke up in disgust upon realising she'd landed in a puddle of her own... 'void'.

"Moving on... Aren't they all male?" Patty asked.

"Most of them. Others only look like it, and others pack a little extra." Princess Celestia said happily.

"Cool!" Patty said happily while Snowy started crying.

"What's up with her?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"I had... in my mind... such a lovely image! A picture of Canterlot life, and those who lived there! The beautiful elite, in their amazing gowns... The artists and singers and even the fancy ponies who only lived to make stuff popular! And The Princesses, who rule over Equestria and are above the failings of the pony condition. But now... I have seen horrible, ugly ponies in pretty dresses and makeup that cannot hide their ugliness send assassins after my best friend out of jealousy, and myself and my other friends out of spite! And every time I think of the Princesses, I'll just see four... four... jokers! Jokers joking, for ever and ever and ever!"

"And ever?" Pinkie asked.

"No, dear, just three evers, they're not that bad. BUT THEY'RE TERRIBLE COMPARED TO WHAT I THOUGHT THEY WERE!" Snowy cried.

Sky cast a cleaning spell on Snowy, and hugged her friend tightly until she stopped crying.

"Oh, that's hardly fair." Rarity said. "Come now, darling, is that really what you're so upset about?"

"Yes." Snowy said sadly.

"A pretty lie that can be shattered by the truth is uglier than any sin." Princess Celestia said wisely.

"So... it's... a... a good thing that... I know you're... not all that?" Snowy asked.

"Yes. Nopony in the world is perfect." Princess Celestia said.

"Except me." Patty said arrogantly. Everypony except Fluttershy laughed at her until she became sad. Argent had a weird laugh, it was a merry "YEEEHEHEHEHEHEE!".

"Now... I was hoping that all of you would become friends. Split up, and have fun!" Princess Celestia said.

"There are six of us and four of them. Five if you count Argent. How is this gonna work?" Twilight asked.

"Figure it out. You have one hour, and I expect a report from Twilight and each of her friends at the end." Princess Celestia said.

"I'll make you proud, Celestia." Twilight said. "Come on, girls! Let's go have some fun!"