• Published 27th Oct 2015
  • 2,026 Views, 40 Comments

Jurassic World: Jurassic Pony IV - mistercokehold8



With a new owner and new name, is history doomed to repeat itself after twenty two years?

  • ...
6
 40
 2,026

Meeting

The park was always its busiest at around noon. Sweetie Belle was bouncing like a filly as she runs around the petting zoo area, fawning over the baby Dinos.

"Look Scoots! Baby Galimimasuses!"

"You're not five years old Sweetie." Scootaloo said, not impressed by the baby dinosaurs being petted by the fillies and colts surrounding them. Sweetie pouted at her.

"Oh lighten up! You seemed interested enough watching one of these getting eaten..." Scoots smirked before looking at Crystal, who was busy talking on a phone and not paying attention to them.

"Scatter...." The pegasus said quietly to her friend.

"What?"

"Go! Go!" Scootaloo pushed her friend forward into the crowd, trying to lose Crystal. Sweetie took the hint, and giggles as they gallop off, passing a filly who is shaking baby Brachiosaur saliva from her hooves. The two mares made a break through the crowd, Scootaloo smiling when she didnt see Crystal.

"The next T. rex feeding will begin in 10 minutes." A voice over the loud speaker said. Sweetie breaks stride for a second, memories of the first time flashing through her head. She gives Scootlaoo an awkward smile.

"W-well... Surely Applebloom has made it safe, right?"

"Could'nt hurt." Scootaloo said, trotting in the direction of the Rex Paddock, Sweetie following behind a bit nervously. A decent size crowd had formed inside the viewing platform looking down inside the Rex paddock. Down below a goat bleated innocently as a red flare came falling from above. Sweetie gulped.

"...Guess Applebloom remembered how much Rexy loved pretty lights..." Ponies pressed up against the glass as the star attraction came stomping in. Thankfully for her, Scootaloo's phone went off as the Rex made it's kill.

"Yeah?" Sweetie meanwhile is enraptured by the scene as the goat is snapped up by the T Rex who seems unaware or had simply grown accustomed to an audience. "Yes Rainbow, everything's fine!" Scoot had to say over the loudness of the crowd. Sweetie backs away from the window, eyes shut as she wraps her forelegs around Scoots, hugging her tight. "No Applebloom isn't with us. Why do you ask?" Scoots said loudly.


Across the island Applebloom was making the unhappy drive to the Raptor expert when she heard her phone go off. Glancing at the number, she frowned at the name. A certain pony she hadn't talk to for quite some time.

"Hello Applejack...." The mare said to the speakerphone.

"Hey li'll sis," the older farm pony says from the other end. "Y'all havin' a good time with yer friends?"

"Uhhh.....a little busy with work." Applebloom admitted.

"Ohhh, so thats why they ain't with ya, and all on their lonesome.” The younger mare sighed. She didn’t have time for a lecture.

Yeah, look. Today turned out to be a really bad day for me." The younger mare said. "They're in great hooves. They're with my assistant."

"Yer assistant... Applebloom they didn't take a plane, and a boat hundreds of miles to see yer assistant," Applejack says in her lecturing big sister voice. "Trust me here sugarcube, no pony knows more than me how important friends are. For Celestia's sake, they're braving their own living nightmares now just for a chance to see you. Y'all can never be too busy for friends... Look, how's about tonight when all yer important stuff is taken care of ya drop by their room, surprise them?"

"I will if I can. Look I gotta go. Business meeting." Applebloom's excuse was. Applejack sighed.

"...Promise me Applebloom."

"I promise alright?" Applebloom said quickly, before hanging up the phone as she pulled her vehicle to a stop. When she stopped outside the trailer home by the waterfront, there rests Shooting Star working on the motorcycle the park was kind enough to give him. He doesn't notice her at first, but then looks up with interest as she steps out of the car. Applebloom made sure she looked presentable before trotting onto the cyber pony's property.

“What do they want now?” Shooting asked, knowing full well the mare was sent here. Applebloom rolled her eyes.

"Mr. Star? I need you to come take a look at something."

"Oh really?" His tone and the look in his eye as he puts his tools away implies a rather naughty idea in mind as he gets to his hooves, and heads up the steps to his house. "Well then, feel free to step into my little bungalow here." He chuckles as he shakes his head slightly.

"Not funny." The mare said un-amused. "Mr. Star.....Shooting." She corrected herself. "We have an attraction."

"In an amusement park? You don't say?" He puts his tools away, and rises to his hind legs so he can stretch. Even if his limbs are metal the action still feels good on his back muscles.

"Yes I'm talking about the dinosaurs!" Applebloom snapped, finding the stallion in front of him more annoying. "A new species we've... made."

"Wait, you just up, and made a new dinosaur?" He said cutting her off, frowning. "And folks said Firefly was playing god..."

"It's sorta what we do here in case you haven't noticed." Applebloom said. "The exhibit opens to the public in three weeks. Mr. Delance wanted me to consult with you about it, and we want you to evaluate the paddock for vulnerabilities."

"Vulnerabilities," The cyber pony sighed, shaking his head as he grabs his tan vest off a coat hook, and puts it on, his tail swishing in agitation.

"Mr. Delance thinks, since you're able to control the Raptors..." Shooting Star interrupted by tossing his head back with a sharp laugh.

"Me? Control them?" He walks over with a cocky smile. "It's all about control with you. I don't control the raptors, it's a relationship, we give the respect we get... Which is why wenever had a second date," he adds on as he walks around her, checking a turn signal on his motorcycle while using the very end of his tail to snap her Cutie Mark lightly like a whip. Applebloom flinched at the move he made on her.

"Excuse me? I never wanted a second date!" Applebloom argued.

"Seriously, who prints out an itinerary for a night out," he responds dubiously, grabbing an air pump to check the tires on his motorcycle.

"I'm an organized pony!" Applebloom defended.

"And what kind of diet doesn't allow apple cider, seriously your family would be ashamed," he says with a raised eyebrow at her, not dropping out of his dubiousness.

"All of them actually.....and what kind of stallion doesnt even bothers to dress up for a date?" Applebloom countered.

"We're located Central Equestria in the middle of a jungle!" He defends. "It's hot!"

"Okay, okay. Can we just focus on the asset, please?" Applebloom asked.

"The asset," He said as he turns around to face her. "Look 'Bloom, I get it. You're in charge around here, gotta make a lot of tough decisions. For you it's probably easier just to think of them as numbers on a spreadsheet, but they're not... They're alive."

"I'm fully aware they're alive." Shooting shook his head.

"Nah... You might have made them in a test tube but they don't know that. They're thinking that they gotta hunt... Gotta eat... Gotta..." He trails off with a suggestive wag of his eyebrows.

"I'll be in the car." Applebloom said, clearly not amused. "And you might want to change your shirt. They're very sensitive to smell."
Shotty blinked, and sniffs at his vest.

"...Could do with a fluff, and fold..."