• Published 27th Oct 2015
  • 2,020 Views, 40 Comments

Jurassic World: Jurassic Pony IV - mistercokehold8



With a new owner and new name, is history doomed to repeat itself after twenty two years?

  • ...
6
 40
 2,020

Massacre

Applebloom drove as quickly as she could to the command center, so she would be able to step in when needed. The mare hurried out of her vehicle and up the elevator into the control room. The very moment she stepped in she could tell something bad had happened. The guard at the elevator merely looked at the floor, unable to meet her eyes. The moment she trotted into the room, everypony in the room went quiet and stared directly at her, wanting answers on what to do.

"Everypony.....keep.....calm." Applebloom said quietly. Up on the screen the monitor was charting the progress of the Indominous with a red line, watching it slowly make its way across the map of the island. "The implant will shock it if it gets too close to the perimeter fence." The farm mare said, trotting over to Button Mash and Screwball.

"It's moving really fast." Button said, growing increasingly worried. Screwball touched her hoof to the headset she wore.

"I need a park-wide alert-"

"Hang up that darn phone, please." Mr. Delance snapped, surprising the three ponies.

"Sorry, I'm getting new information." Screw said.

"Everything's fine. Let Asset Containment capture it quietly." The boss said, trying to reassure his employees. "The very existence of this park is predicated on our ability... to handle incidents like this. It was an eventuality, okay?"

"You should put that in the brochure. "Eventually, one of these things will eat somepony."" Button said sarcastically.

“That paddock is four miles from the closest attraction.” Applebloom reassured. “ ACU can handle this. No pony else is gonna get...

“Eaten?” Button finished for her, while they all stared at the screen.


Somewhere deep on the island the special group of ponies was gearing up for their mission. The Asset Containment Unit was train for this very purpose. If any dinosaur got out of their paddock, no matter if they were dangerous or not, then this group was called in to take care of it.

“To all units, this is a non lethal operation. I repeat, this a non-lethal operation.” A male voice said into the ACU radios. The leader of the ACU pulled out his special shock gun, and powered it up, watching the sparks of electricity on the other end. To them, this was gonna be a walk in the park.


At the raptor paddock the four raptors had been placed inside their special holding units. They could glare at you, and growl at you, but once in these units they were harmless to any passerby. Spike was doing his best to keep the raptor on the end calm as he gave her a medical check up.

“Shhhh…..you’re doing a good job girl.” The drake said, calmly stroking the carnivores head.

“How fast can they run?” Spike looked up, and much to his annoyance Iron Will had greeted him with his presence.”

“Forty.” The bull gave an impressed whistle. “Fifty if their hungry.”

“Impressive. Ever open them up and see what they can do?” Spike gave the bull a look.

“No.” Obvious answer. At that moment the raptor shook in its unit, actually causing Will to jump.

“Ok….ok that got.” He said, laughing it off. Spike was laughing as well.

“What do you think? Wanna take one home?” The teen drake asked, moving down the line to the next raptor.

“Hey don’t joke.” Will said with a smirk. “When I was your age I rescued a wolf pup.” As he spoke the raptor could only glare and snarl at the bull. “It was like, two months old. Could barely walk.” Spike was only half listening at this point. “Used to sleep in my bed, watch over me at night. One time my wife came at me with a steak knife……then it took a chunk out of her arm.” Spike looked at the bull, wondering how he could talk so casually about something like that.

“Did you put it down?”

“Heck no!” Will answered. “We had an unshakeable bond, you know? Just like you and….” He looked back and forth between the raptors, before pointing at the one Spike was caring for. “What’s his name again?”

“Delta…..and she’s a girl.” Spike said, not amused by the bull.

“Can I……” Will held up a hoof and motioned to the beast’s head. Spike calmly stepped back and motioned for him to go right ahead. Will carefully place his hoof on the raptor’s face, causing the creature to puff and snarl. Spike had to pet the raptor to calm her down, before his pager began to beep. Smirking, he glanced at it, but the message on it wiped the smirk off his face.

“Code 19!” He shouted to the various ponies working around the raptor paddock. “They say we’ve lost two ponies!” The workers began packing their gear, prepared to take shelter. Will was confused by the whole process.

“What’s code 19?”

“Asset out of containment.” Spike began packing his gear, not noticing the smirk growing on Will’s face.

“They’re gonna learn about their asset now.” He said quietly, pulling out his phone and dialing a number. “Hey yeah. It’s me. We might have an opportunity here.”


Back in the control room every pony watched as the ACU blip moved closer to the escaped Indominous. Applebloom was so focused she barely registered the ding from the elevator. Only when the argument started she turned and saw Shooting Star had arrived, and he clearly didn’t look happy.

“I need to see a badge. Sir! I need to see a badge!” Security was trying to stop he cyber pony.

“You wanna tell me what the heck happened out there?” Shooting asked loudly at Applebloom, knowing she had an answer. “There are thermal cameras all over that paddock. She did not just disappear!” At this statement Mr. DeLance had the security back off. Applebloom sighed, before turning to the cyber pony.

“It must have been some kind of a technical malfunction.”

“Were you not watching?” Shooting asked. “She marked up that wall as a distraction. She wanted us to think she escaped!”

“Hold on we’re talking about an animal here.”

“A highly intelligent animal!” The cyber pony argued.

“400 meters to the beacon.” Screwball said, getting everypony to turn their attention to the screen, where live camera feeds from the ACU vehicles and heart monitors from the ACU members were present. The ACU drove their vehicles deep into the jungle on the island, following the tracking of the Indominous. The lead vehicle slid to a stop. The group was going offroad on hoof from here.

“You’re going after her with non-lethals?” Shooting asked, not believing what he was seeing.

We have $26 million invested in that asset. We can't just kill it.” Mr. DeLance explained, trying to make the cyber pony see reason.

“…..those ponies are gonna die.”

“300 meters to the beacon.”

“You need to call this off right now.” Shooting insisted.

“They’re on top of it….”

“Call it off!”

“You are not in control here!!!!” Applebloom finally snapped, actually getting the cyber pony to go quiet. In the jungle the members of the ACU began to spread out, following the beeping of the tracking unit, listening to see if it got louder. If it did, they were moving closer. The leader carefully followed the tracker, crossing into a creek. Something had caught his eye, so he held his hoof into the air, signaling his group to stop. Carefully, the point bent down, and lifted a chunk of flesh, with the blue tracker.

“The blood’s not clotted yet.” He reported to the watching ponies. “It’s close.”

“What is that?” Mr. DeLance asked confused. Shooting looked at the screen.

“That’s her tracking implant…..she clawed it out.”

“How would it know how to do that?” Applebloom asked, not wanting to believe it.

“She remembered where they put it in….”


In the jungle the leader of the ACU was thinking on their next move when he felt a drop of liquid hit his leg. He looked at it, realizing it was blood…..coming from somewhere above him. The entire ACU carefully looked up as the sound of tree limbs cracking began to ring out, until they noticed one tree moving. Then it began to growl. The leader realized it wasn’t a tree they were looking at……

“It can camouflage!” He shouted as the Indominous snatched the pony up in its grasp. The team opened fired with their non lethal rounds, watching as they harmlessly bounced off the dinosaur. The leader of the ACU was tossed to the ground, but before he could escape the Indominous stomped right on top of him. Various ponies with large cattle prods ran forward and began jabbing the beast with them. The dinosaur swung its tail, causing the two to collide with a tree, falling down with a sickening snap. One ACU member was grabbed and tossed spine first into a tree branch, while another tree was pushed squarely on top of another ACU member.

The Indominous closed its massive jaws around a ACU pony, causing blood to spray out, as one ACU finally pulled out a shotgun and began opening fire, before the dinosaur closed it jaws around him….


In the control room the ponies watched as every ACU heartbeat monitor flat-lined. The escaped dinosaur had managed to kill twelve ponies in the span of two minutes. Applebloom looked on with her jaw open in shock, while Shooting Star looked at her, a horrified look on his face.

“Evacuate the island.” He said.

“…..we would never reopen.”

“You made a genetic hybrid, raised it in captivity. She is seeing all of this for the first time.” The cyber pony said, pointing a hoof at the screen. “She does not even know what she is. She will kill everything that moves.”

“Do you think the animal is contemplating its own existence?” Applebloom asked, actually finding the idea of the ridiculous.

“She is learning where she fits in the food chain, and I'm not sure you want her to figure that out.” Shooting paused, letting his words sink in to the various ponies watching. “Now, Asset Containment can use live ammunition in an emergency situation. You have an M134 in your armory. Put it on a chopper and smoke this thing!”

“We have friends and families here. I'm not gonna turn this place into some kind of a war zone.” Applebloom said firmly, not taking her eyes off the cyber pony.

“You already have.”

“Mr. Star, if you're not gonna help, there's no reason for you to be in here.” Out of pure frustration Shooting threw his hoof across Button Mash’s desk, and promptly knocking the stallions various dinosaur figures on to the floor, much to Buttons irritation. Shooting then began his way to the elevator, pausing once he got to Mr. Delance, who had been unable to watch.

“I would like have a word with your ponies in the lab.” The stallion said quietly. “That thing out there….. that's no dinosaur.” Shooting then trotted into the elevator, sending Applebloom a glare as the doors closed. With the stallion gone Applebloom could regain her thoughts. She looked at the various live cams of the park, and at the visitor count. 21216 in total. Would she be able to forgive herself if something happened, all because she wouldn’t give the order?

“Okay. I'm going to close everything north of the resort.” She said to Button and Screwball. “This is a Phase One, real world. Bring everypony back in.”