• Published 27th Oct 2015
  • 2,021 Views, 40 Comments

Jurassic World: Jurassic Pony IV - mistercokehold8



With a new owner and new name, is history doomed to repeat itself after twenty two years?

  • ...
6
 40
 2,021

Gyro

As the terror known as the Indominus Rex continued to wreak havoc on Jurassic World, the many tourists did not know that at this very moment they were all in grave danger. Halfway inland the hundreds of tourist standing in line for a chance to ride the Gyrosphere certainly didn’t know this. Two of those tourists happened to be a certain orange Pegasus, and a white curly mane unicorn.

“Did you know the soft tissue is preserved because the iron in the dinosaur's blood generates free radicals, and those are highly reactive.” Sweetie said, her friend half paying attention. Scootaloo was a little busy trying her best to ignore some of the looks a few male stallions her age were giving her. “So, the proteins and the cell membranes get all mixed up, and act as a natural preservative. DNA can survive for millennia that way. See, now, even if the amber mines dry up, they'll still have bones...”

“That’s nice Sweetie Belle.” Scootaloo said half heartingly. The unicorn looked at her friend confused, until she looked over the Pegasus mare’s shoulder.

“Just ignore them Scoots. You know want them to know your already in a relationship do you?” Sweetie said, just loud enough for the stallions to hear her bluff. The two mares moved forward in line as the stallions left.

“Thanks for that.”

“You’re welcome.” The two mares watched as the two ponies in front of the stepped into the clear vehicle before it rolled down the track.

“Enjoy the ride.” The pony at the operating desk said in a bored tone of voice. Another Gyrosphere slowly rolled up the track. This one would be for Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle. The doors to the vehicle slid open, allowing the two mares to carefully climb in. As the two buckled themselves in, the screen just below their waist activated.

“Pregnant mares and those who suffer from motion sickness should consult with a doctor before riding this ride.” The two friends looked at each other, an excited look on both their faces. The operator lazily looked at the two, before activating the button, sending the sphere and the two mares in it down the track.

“Enjoy the ride….” The teenage stallion said, clearly bored. To his surprise however the phone on his desk began to ring. It only rang in case of emergency. “Hello?” A voice on the other end began explaining something to him. “Seriously?” The teen asked, no long bored, but now extremely worried. Glancing at the crowd behind him, he quickly hung the phone up. “Uhhh…sorry folks the rides closed.” The crowd didn’t react to this announcement well at all. “The teenage worker pulled out a manual. “Everyone needs to proceed to the monorail and exit towards the...” Several members in the crowd began getting angry, some even shouting at him. “Come on, guys, I just work here.”

This was gonna be a very…very long day for the worker.


The lab was beginning to get into the busy part of the day for tourists. Hundreds of them were looking through the glass windows at the various lab ponies working hard, despite all that was going on within the park. The lead scientist, Sunset Shimmer, calmly trotted out of a door that only she and a hoof full of ponies had access to.
She calmly placed her hoof on a reader, locking the door behind her. It was time for her to mingle with the guest, but when she turned to the glass, she saw a certain pony coming down the hall. Mr. DeLance wanted to have a little chat with his hardest worker…..

“You know that I'm not at liberty to reveal the asset's genetic makeup.” The unicorn said, using her magic to pour herself and the owner of Jurassic World a drink of herbal tea. The two ponies had moved into Sunset’s office, knowing it would be more private. “Modified animals are known to be unpredictable.”

“It’s killed ponies Sunset.” Mr. DeLance explained.

“That's unfortunate.” Sunset didn’t really know what to say.

“What purpose could we have for a dinosaur that can camouflage?” The owner wanted answers. Sunset decided to stop beating around the bush.

“Cuttlefish genes were added to help her withstand an accelerated growth rate.” The mare explained. “Cuttlefish have chromatophores that allow the skin to change color.”

“…….It hid from thermal technology.” Sunset put her glass down, looking at the stallion with a perplexed looked.

“Really?”

“How is that possible?” Sunset looked at her desk, before calmly getting up and moving to her microscope.

“Tree frogs can modulate their infrared output.” The mare explained quietly. “We used strands from their DNA to adapt her to a tropical climate. But I never imagined...”

“Who authorized you to do that?” Mr. DeLance asked, getting more irate that this was happening. Sunset calmly turned and looked the owner in the eyes.

“You did.” The stallion looked at her surprised. Sunset pulled out a document. “Bigger." "Scarier." Um... "Cooler" I believe is the word that you used in your memo.” Mr. Delance looked at the memo, and sure enough those were his exact words. “You cannot have an animal with exaggerated predator features without the corresponding behavioral traits.” Sunset said, almost as if she’s warn that this would happen.

“What you're doing here...” Mr. Delance got to his hooves. “What you have done...the Board will shut down this park, seize your work, everything you've built.” He said motioning to the entire lab, before looking the mare in the eyes. “ And Firefly won't be there to protect anypony this time.” The mare simply looked at her boss with a look of distain.

“All of this……….” She began motioning around the lab. “exists because of me. If I don't innovate, somepony else will.”

“You are to cease all activities here immediately.” Mr. DeLance ordered. Sunset was still trying to figure what exactly she’s done wrong here.

“You're acting like we are engaged in some kind of mad science. But we are doing what we have done from the beginning........Nothing in Jurassic World is natural!” She was trying her hardest to make her boss see sense, trotting right up to his face. “We have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And, if their genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality. You asked for more teeth!”

“I never asked for a monster!!!” Mr. DeLance finally snapped.

“"Monster" is a relative term.” Sunset said in a threatening voice. “To a canary, a cat is a monster. We're just used to being the cat now aren’t we?” Mr. DeLance glared at the scientist until he stormed out the door. He had a dinosaur to worry about.


Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle were quickly growing bored. They had access to anywhere within the fenced in sector of the island with their Gyrosphere, and they had yet to see a single dinosaur. Instead they only drove forward, and trying their best to ignore the pony on the monitor who was trying his best to instruct them on the functions of the vehicle.

“Hey there and welcome aboard the Gyrosphere, an amazing machine made possible by science.” The stallion on the tiny screen explained. “Your safety is our main concern. Which is why you’re behind our invisible barrier system, which protects you from things like Dilophosaurus venom.” The stallion motioned the beaker of venom in front of him, before he accidently shattered it with the meter stick he had across his shoulder. A glop of it landed on his face. “One drop of it can paralyze you, so watch out.” He then looked off camera to a worker pony off screen. “Is this stuff real? It is?” The stallion then collapsed.

Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle didn’t crack a smile at the pony’s humor. The unicorn in question had a hoof under her chin, growing more bored by the minute.

“Where are they?” She asked Scootaloo. The Pegasus turned to joystick to bring the Gyrosphere past a cluster of trees, and what they saw beyond that was breath taking to the two of them. The two mares had just entered a large field filled with herds of various herbivore dinosaurs such as Triceratops, Brontosauruses, Stegosauruses and so many more.

The orange Pegasus calmly rolled the sphere alongside these creatures, who were paying the two mares no mind at all. For Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle, they were two little fillies again fascinated by these large beings, and nothing could’ve ruined this moment for them. Well that was until the screen below them started beeping.

“Due to technical difficulties all our exhibits are now closed. Please disembark all rides and return to the resort.” Scootaloo peeked at her friend, seeing the look of disappointment on her face.

“Come on, we can stay out a couple more minutes.” The Pegasus said.

“But they said it was closed.”

“Applebloom gave us special bands right?” Scootaloo held up her hoof to prove her point. “So that makes us V.I.P. It’ll be fun.” The Pegasus then shifted the joystick forward, moving the sphere up to speed with the now running dinosaurs.


In HQ Applebloom was doing her best to keep and look calm despite the situation around them. If ponies knew she was worried, then others would begin to worry as well. Instead she kept her eyes on the camera feeds in front of her. As she watched the live feeds she began to notice one thing: she couldn’t see her two best friends on any of them. Now was the time to start worrying. Doing her best to keep calm, the earth pony trotted off to the side and pulled out her phone.

“Crystal? I need to you bring the girls back to the hotel right away!” Applebloom said to her assistant on the other end of the line. What she wasn’t expecting however was her assistant to start freaking out. “Slow down. I can't hear you.”

“Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle ran off!” Applebloom nearly dropped her phone.

“They….what?!”


Out in the valley the two mares in question were still rolling around unaware of the danger that was now running amuck. Scootaloo heard her phone going off, and much to her surprise it was Applebloom trying to get ahold of her.

“Hey Bloom.”

“Oh thank Celestia.” Applebloom said, relief filling her. “Scoots, is Sweetie Belle with you?”

“What? I can’t really hear you, we’re in the hamster ball thing.” The Pegasus mare said as the call began to fill with static.

“Ok Scootaloo, I need you to-“ At that moment the call dropped completely. “Hello? Hello? Scootaloo?” The southern mare hung her phone up in frustration before trotting to Button Mash and Screwball. “Are there any Gyropsheres left in the valley?”

“Nope. All have been accounted……hold on.” Button pulled up a map of the valley. “There’s one still out there.”

“Send in a team of rangers, bring them in.” Applebloom ordered. Screwball put her headset on and began issuing the order.

“Security, we need a search and rescue in the valley.

“We got our hooves full here.” The security pony answered. Applebloom yanked the headset right off her friend and began getting loud.

“No no no! There’s a sphere still out there! Those ponies are your top priority!”

“We’re doing the best we can here!” Applebloom slammed the headset in frustration.

“Fine….I’ll go get them myself.” But before she could begin to trot out the door she saw a live camera feed coming from the lab. Where the camera was pointing there was an argument breaking out, and much to her annoyance Shooting Star was the one starting it.

“Do you think I'm the one you need to be worried about right now?” The cyber pony shouted as a security pony trotted up behind him. “You back off!” Applebloom looked at the feed before an idea came to her head. Her next stop was going to be the lab. She had a cyber pony to find.