• Published 12th Oct 2015
  • 11,468 Views, 431 Comments

Bound by Scales - FrostTheWolf



[Displaced][Scalebound Crossover] Normally, dragons are fierce predators. But for one guy, ending up in Equestria causes a powerful dragon to become his greatest Ally

  • ...
83
 431
 11,468

PreviousChapters Next
14- One Punch Mare

Author's Note:

First off, I want to thank ElementBrigade for two things. First, the crossover with Derpy and her family from One Punch Derpy. Two, for being the guy who got me into One Punch Man. I just got the first three volumes of it for my birthday and I gotta say, I really enjoy it! :pinkiehappy:

Next chapter with Ken is going to focus more on the lore of dragons and also some future content that I have been juggling around inside my mind for the past month or so. Hopefully, I can try to put a twist on it as well as stick to the formula for both Scalebound and MLP, while adding new and unique elements to it as well. Fingers crossed!


Ken's inventory:
-Combat Sword x2
-Recurve bow and Quiver
-Combat spear
-Hawkmoon


Token Collection


-Zinnia's Curved Band
-Onyx Dragon Scale
-Homeworld Tri-Force
-Crystalline Stars
-Gray's Necklace
-Asphyxious' Emerald of souls
-Gregar's Navi Mark
-Insignia of the Captain (Edward Kenway)
-Wings of the Adept (Lance Walker)
-Golden Monkey coin (Sun Wukong)
-Rune Slayer's mark (Nicko)
-Dragon Soul (Deathwing)
-Connor's Cat's eye (Connor and Scratch)
-Itazura's Prison Bottle
-Derpy's Muffin


New Companions:
-Aaron (along with Fire and Thunder).


And yes, Ken is a fan of One Punch Man... Don't blame me for this.

In other news though, I am considering of posting an unedited chapter for Of Magic and Machines since it has been too long since I last updated. I would like to hear your opinions on if I should do so or not before I do anything stupid. Thanks.
-Frost

Bound by Scales- One Punch Mare


Point of View: Ken


After meeting Itazura for the first time, I saw her twice soon afterwards only mere hours apart from one another. One to show how strong she had gotten and meet Revaan. The other though was to help her overcome something troubling her personally. However, now she saw me as a big brother to her. That’s now two other displaced that see me as a sibling. First, it was Gregar, now it was Itazura. It must be hard trying to handle family and being an older brother.

Now though, I wasn’t at the temple this time. After giving it some thought, I decided that if I were to show how committed I was with my relationship with AJ, I would help out around the farm. Now I was helping her harvest fresh apples from the trees. But instead of having to buck the trees like she would, one punch caused them to fall to the ground. I was lucky to hold back and not cause the entire tree to collapse. Though, if that did happen, it would just make me think of Saitama from One Punch Man… again. Except that I needed to make sure I didn’t slack off while I was helping. The first time I thought One Punch Man was when Itazura said “ok” blankly without any emotion whatsoever. Now, it felt like I was doing the same routine Saitama used to get stronger with the way that Applejack told me how to do this. Buck one hundred trees, one hundred apples per basket, and keep going until you fill close to one hundred baskets… isn’t that a classic case of irony.

So when I felt like someone was trying to summon me, instead of letting it pull me away, I resisted. The only problem with that was that pulled them to me. As I was soon going to find out. “INCOMING!!!”

“What the-!?” I said, just as I felt something smash my face into the ground. It felt like one of those olden day cartoons like bugs bunny when you had to pull your head out of the ground. But right now, I was trying to figure out what exactly hit me.

“Oops, sorry about that.” I heard as I got up. Shaking my head as I began to brush off the dust a little and… Oh my god, is that a pony in a Saitama outfit!? That… just made my day!

“It’s alright,” I insisted. “Who… are you though?”

“Oh, I’m Derpy Hooves. What’s your name human that looks somewhat like a dragon?”

“Ken,” I said, “And I’m part dragon.” I had to hold back from blushing as I looked back at her, “You look kind of cute in that outfit of yours.”

“Before you get any ideas, I am not interested in dating or joining a herd of any kind.” She said to me. Well, there goes that idea.

“I wasn’t even going to ask that…” I told her, looking back at her as her eyes spun around a little. “Would you have happened to meet Asphyxious? My only thought on the herd part was that if you heard about that from him.” That single question got the mare to look at me with a confused, yet silly look on her face. Which looked downright adorable when she was trying to adjust her wings with the white cape.

“I have met him once. But he said he wanted me to join a hoard, not a herd.”

“Had a feeling. Despite the fact I’m the head of one, I’m not going to ask for you to join.” I assured her. “I rather not pressure anypony into something uncomfortable. Especially a mare that just crashed into me and might destroy anything in sight with the swing of a hoof…” With it, I got back up on my feet and offered her a hand to help her back onto her hooves.

“Thanks, and for the record that only happen once….by accident.”

“Accident?” I asked in response, folding my arms and tilting my head a little in confusion. “Which part?”

“Would you believe that did it to save a city from a meteor?” She asked, tilting her head a little.

I paused for a moment, thinking this through fully before giving her my answer. “Yes… Yes I would.” It was then that I noticed something else moving nearby. Something that sounded like a machine with all the metal clinking around it. “Hey, do you hear that?”

“You mean the sound of a machine? Yeah, I heard it a few seconds ago. I figure it was somepony plowing something.” She might have brought up a good point, but Applejack said the work we needed to do didn’t require a plow or tractor. Which only left two ideas in my mind… Applebloom and her friends were trying to go for a cutie mark… or Derpy wasn’t alone.

“We weren’t using a plow.” I told her, noticing that the machine was now the form of a pony. “Wait… do you have cyborgs where you are from?”

“My niece is one actually, why you ask?”

In response, I point in the direction of the noise that I heard as the figure came out from behind the tree. “Would that niece of yours… happen to be her?” I asked, now as a mechanical unicorn began to emerge. Bearing the resemblance of Genos now, except for the eyes.

“.....What the hell happen to your arm?”

“Technically, I’m a scalebound… So my soul is bound to that of a dragon and in return, I’m part dragon” I explained, trying to make my explanation in twenty words or less.

“Uh huh….anyway who hell are you and why should I care?”

“Ken Ahkrin and technically… you two are in my world now.” I explained. “Derpy here crashed into me…”

“.....Ha!” The unicorn laughed, falling backwards onto the ground and beginning to laugh uncontrollably

“Yeah, I kind of expected that… Were you two trying to summon me?” I asked them, holding up the scale that was my token before I looked back at two mares, who were looking at one another for a moment before speaking. Amethyst herself groaned, while Derpy looked back at me with a silly expression on her face before holding a similar scale in her mouth. “And I should’ve expected that somehow.”

“Sorry.” Derpy said, looking like she was upset. Oh god, please don’t be upset! You look like a lost puppy like that!

“No no… you two didn’t do anything wrong… I just didn’t want to disappear in the orchard of my marefriend.” I insisted, trying to not make Derpy feel bad.

“Marefriend?” The cyborg then asked me.

“Ken, what the hay is-?” I turned around to find Applejack in her Earth Pony form trotting over with her little sister Applebloom before noticing the two newcomers. “Derpy? Why are you wearing that silly outfit?”

“Um… AJ-?” I said. shortly before I heard Amethyst say the one thing that Applejack would see as an insult.

“Sup country bumpkin.”

Applejack herself twitched at the sly comment from Amethyst. Which of course, led to the one thing that you would never want to do. Especially when her orange fur was now turning into orange scales. “What… did you call me?”

“.....Bahahahahahaha!”

I facepalmed, looking back at Amethyst. “That was your first mistake.”

“The only mistake I see is the way Applejack is looking right now-.” Before she could finish her sentence, Amethyst was bulldozed by a boulder twice her size. Being thrown into a mountainside and crashing hard.

“Mind your tone with me or you’re going to get hurt.” She said, before looking at Derpy. “I apologize. I kind of lose my temper anytime somepony insults me.”

“I would be more worry about yourself if I were you, Applejack.” Derpy said, looking at both of us. That was when I remembered that Amethyst was basically Genos. And that her hooves… were incendiary cannons. Ones that can blow up boulders.

“Interesting, guess that form of yours isn’t for show.” Amethyst said as she destroyed the boulder she was under, and appeared behind Applejack. “Guess I found a sparring buddy.”

“Ah believe Ken and I might be up for that… Once we finish up with the rest of the applebucking that needs to be done-.” She stopped speaking the second one of Derpy’s hooves touched the trunk of a nearby tree… and caused a line of trees in the orchard to start crashing into one another like a row of dominos. Leaving us speechless for a while… Until young Applebloom then spoke up.

“Can you teach me to be able to do something like that?!” She asked, her eyes looking towards Derpy. “Pleeeeease?”

“Applebloom, we’re lucky that those trees didn’t hit the barn. Ah don’t think any of us want to explain to Granny Smith how almost a quarter of the orchard was uprooted out of the ground.”

“I can teach you, but the training will be painful.”

“Tell me please!!”

“100 pushups, 100 situps, 100 squats, and 10 miles runs every single day non stop. You also have to have to have a well balance diet and you can’t use the A/C during all four seasons.” That just caused me to facepalm myself, looking back at her in doing so. Applebloom looked happy though, so I had to mention one thing that she did not realize at the time.

“That means you might lose your mane.”

Hearing that though, caused Appleblooms smile to fade. “But I don’t wanna lose my mane!”

“Sugarcube, ah told you that for getting yer cutie mark, you’ll need to be patient,” Applejack reminded her. “Now, how about you run along and go play with your friends. Ah believe Ken and ah can take it from here.”

“Thanks sis!” She squealed, hugging AJ before zipping off into town to go find Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo. I sighed, looking back at Derpy and Amethyst as I tried to formulate something in my head.

“Just out of curiosity… what Equestria are you guys from?”

“One that’s full of superheroes. Ever heard of Maretropolis before?” I nodded, sharing to them that of how I ran into Lance when Revaan and I were summoned during a christmas celebration. “Okay good then I don’t have to explain much to yeah about it.”

“So you are a cyborg and Derpy got superpowers… is there anything else we should know?” Applejack asked. “What about your daughter, Dinky?”

“Super genius, the girl can make anything without even needing any instructions.”

I looked at them, surprised. “If that’s the case… Where is she-?” My question was cut off the second that I felt something land on top of my head. When I looked up, I found a small unicorn filly that… wait… Oh my god, she has Child Emperor’s backpack! Not to mention she looked freaking adorable with her wearing it!

“I really wish you guys would stop doing stuff like this. You know it’s hard to keep track of you two whenever you get summoned or vanish someplace else.”

“You must be Dinky…” I said, helping her off of my head and setting her down next to Derpy. Even if the two of them together was basically weaponizing a nuclear warhead of adorableness. “I’m Ken. Nice to meet you.”

“Nice to meet you two, I’m Dinky Hooves. What happened to your arm?”

“Comes with being a Scalebound. I share a bond with a dragon, so my arm represents that… I also have different abilities because of it.” I tried to explain briefly, given the twenty words or less rule again with Derpy since she was basically Saitama. “We can meet him later if you want… fair word of warning though… he’s taller than Applejack’s barn. Like almost over 50 feet.”

“We’ve seen bigger.”

“That’s normal height… He’s also Spike’s father.” Applejack chimed in.

“.....Okay.”

That… gave me an idea. “Hey, how about since the Onyx temple is out in the badlands, we can go there for some training if Amethyst is interested.” I figured that she was sort of eager for action, so why not give her the chance to practice? We were just about done with our work on the farm anyways because of Derpy’s… domino effect.

“Sure, I guess I could use a good practice dummy to test out a few of my features.” With it, I had the pair come close to us as I used a new item that I had acquired shortly after my third visit with Itazura. Teleportation crystals. When the light from the crystal went off, we all soon found ourselves in the plaza of the Temple, with Revaan overlooking us as we arrived.

“Why Ken… I did not expect any visitors today.” The dragon smiled, looking back at Derpy and the others as he noticed that his presence might’ve intimidated Dinky. “It was not my intention to intimidate you little one.”

“Who said you were intimidating? Compare to the monsters back home, you’re not scarier than they are… and not that powerful.”

“Oh, but I only surpressing my power because I know that I am not threatened. If I were to use my power at full strength, the world around us would be torn asunder.” He insisted. “Not to mention the bond Ken and I share.”

“Uh huh…….welp I’m bored.”

“Revaan… Derpy only gets explanations under twenty words.” I told him.

“Hey! I take offense to that!”

“Auntie… Remember when I tried to tell you how to work the oven?” Amethyst then told her. “And you still ended up setting the house on fire?”

“......I still take offense to that.” Derpy groaned as I looked back at them. Rolling my eyes a bit. I had them follow me to the training grounds. Which was as wide as two soccer fields and around the battlefiend was multiple racks of weapons of different kinds. Including spellbooks and tomes for sorcerers and magic users.

“What do you think?” I asked them. “It’s not quite exactly the BEST training ground, but it will do right?”

“Possibly. Besides, in here nopony would get anything that belongs to them burned to a crisp.” Applejack said, “I can only wonder what happened to the blast that Amethyst launched earlier.”


Elsewhere… (Five minutes ago)

On the edge of the Everfree, a unicorn mare was holding a piece of paper in her Telekinetic grip. Laughing to herself with an evil tone in her voice as she looked at her discovery. “Finally! I have acquired the spell I needed to put an end to Twilight Sparkle once and-.”

Just as the mare was proclaiming her personal victory, a blast of heat energy went past the mare, turning the slip of paper she was holding into cinders as the ashes fell to the floor. “NNNOOOOOO!!!!!!!!”


“Ehh… I don’t think it’s that much of a concern.”

“I don’t think this place is going to support our fight.” Somepony told me as I looked back at them.

“Asphyxious practiced here and it’s still intact. Plus any damage that is caused get’s repaired by the Temple’s magic.” Revaan mentioned to them. “If that’s not a good sign, then I don’t know what is.”

“If you say so, come on country dragon….pony….thing.”

“I’m still an earth pony, but I can turn into a dragon.” AJ clarified. “I’m not a hybrid of the two.”

“Could’ve fooled me, now are you ready or what?” Amethyst asked, looking back at Applejack as both of them took up different fighting stances on separate ends of the arena.

“Ladies first… Or are ya too chicken to even try?” Applejack smirked, taunting the Cyborg.

“Please. If I can handle a meteor heading towards Maretropolis, I can pretty much handle a country bumpkin like you.” In that instant, a stone pillar struck Amethyst’s midsection, causing her to fly into the ceiling before coming back down.

“You were sayin’?”

“Incinerate!” The Cyborg shouted, firing off a burning blast of heat energy towards Applejack. She was now in her earth dragon form as she barrel-rolled over to the right, standing on her back legs as she swung her hooves in an underhoof swing. The motion though caused a spinning earthen saw blade to rush forth towards Amethyst, tearing the ground below as it raged towards it’s target.

“Incinerate: Burning Blaze!”

“That again?” Applejack replied, stomping her back legs and setting off a rumbling tremor that threw Amethyst off balance.

“Who said it was the same?” That was when I saw exactly what Amethyst was referring to. “Take a good look under the arena floor.” When AJ looked down, I could see exactly what she was doing. Melting away the stone from all the cracks that were in the ground to where it was liquid lava. However though, this didn’t intimidate Applejack… In fact… I think I was seeing her smiling.

“Oh my… Looks like I’m going to be trying one of my variations a little earlier than expected.” Wait a minute, what variations? “I was hopefully waiting on saving this for when ah got the chance to practice with Ken… But I think ah can give ya a sneak preview.”

“Really now?” Soon though, Applejack repositioned herself as she began to concentrate. What caught my attention though was that the molten magma beneath their hooves… was rumbling… No way… Did Revaan actually-?!

In that split second, Amethyst was attacked by a powerful spear of lava from behind. Almost clipping her right foreleg as she tried to find a safe place to land. I was just watching in shock… Revaan taught Applejack not just to control earth… but also control lava!? Damn, I am extremely lucky to have her as my marefriend.

“Interesting, it’s a good thing I have Dinky upgrade my cybernetics for something like this.”

“Well, yer gonna need all the help you can get,” She said, conjuring more energy as a new sheet of stone covered the ground. Seconds before she accelerated forward with the lava energy on her back hooves to smash Amethyst in the face, throwing her into a wall that was a few feet away from where Dinky was. “Though sending you close to your sister was unintentional.”

“Amethyst, quit fooling around and take this fight serious!”

“I was hoping to play around so she can show me her other moves, but I guess I’ll have to put the pressure on her to do so.”

“Sorry kiddo. But unlike yourself, I’m not one for showing off… Though if ah remember correctly… Ken also has some and powerful abilities that are a lot different than mine.” Wow AJ… great way to put me in the center of attention. “Especially with that arm of his.”

“And you just made it worse.” I facepalmed myself, looking back at the two of them as I now noticed Amethyst staring at me. Eyes eager for a challenge. Oh god, she now is giving me the eyes that Speed of Sound Sonic would give Saitama (Yeah, I’m a fan. Sue me).

“I think she’s scanning you.”

“Like a body scan? Please don’t tell me she’s a Airport Security screener,” I groaned sarcastically, dreading the thought of a Cyborg working for the TSA. “Plus, she probably won’t pick up anything yet. I suppress my energy in non combat situations.”

“Interesting, even when you hid your powers your only at level A high rank super hero. You might be able to take down a S class super hero.” That… caught my attention real quickly. When I originally thought she was scanning, I originally thought Power levels like the old DBZ days with Vegeta screaming “It’s over 9000!!” or something like that. Looks like how her scans work is based on ranks instead.

“Well… That is surprising,” I said, looking at Applejack. “Hey AJ, wanna trade places. I’ve been practicing some new tricks lately in my training that I want to test out.”

“Sure, just give Amethyst a minute to recover. I know she may be a cyborg, but like everypony, she needs rest.” I heard her say as we switched places. Me entering the arena now as Applejack was now watching from the sidelines. If Pinkie Pie were here, she would be rooting for me in a cheerleader outfit. However, that was not exactly the case this time around.

“To be fair, your attack didn’t do much damage compared to the Sea King’s power.”

“Right… about that… Since I knew that your family was watching, I was only sparring at half strength. If I went all out on you, my lava attacks would melt anything in sight.” Applejack mentioned casually. “I don’t think Ken will be the same though.”

“We’ll see Applejack… We’ll see…” I said to her, turning to the Cyborg. “Now… Ladies first.” I didn’t draw out any weapons yet… because if she was going to do what I think she was… then I can test a new spell on her. One that’s primarily focused on defense.

“Lightning Eye!”

Not it, not it, NOT IT!!!

“Machine Gun blows!” Within seconds, I held my hands to the sides and let the mana flow out as it formed one of my blades that I used to defend myself.

Trace… ON!” I mentally shouted, focusing on blocking most of Amethyst’s attacks. With the ferocity in her attacks, I had to summon multiple swords in order to defend myself. Yet, the second I found an opening in her attacks, I fired off a blast of energy at close range to push her backwards.

“Machine Gun Blow: Mach 2!”

“Mach wha-?” I didn’t have enough time to react as I felt her fist smash into my face. However, it was going to take a lot more then that to beat me. “Okay, the first blow was free… You’re going to have to pay up for any future-.”

SMACK!

“Oh come on!!”

“Worry about your pretty face later, right now you should be focusing on me kicking your flank, human.” Okay, that’s it… She asked for it. Ignoring her attacks, I punched her midsection to send her flying to the other end of the arena as I used the moment to heal my face.

“Okay… the gloves come off now.”

“I don’t like how this is going to turn out.” I heard somepony speak. All that did though was make Amethyst eager for more of a fight as she prepared her frontlegs for her next attack.

“Come on old timer, is that the best you got?” She asked, trying to intimidate me. However, with my next move, I was behind her in the blink of an eye as I attacked her from behind. While she flew back, I held my hands out as I used my Trace to form my bow.

I am the bone of my sword.

“Accessing data file…..Orgia mode activated.” Just as that happened, I let loose a volley of arrows that were sent towards Amethyst at machine gun speeds. Causing her to quickly move on her hooves… except for one shot that clipped her back hoof.

“Never thought she would use that mode so soon. Hope she doesn’t hurt herself.” I heard Dinky say to herself. However, I had one surprise for her. This time, I summoned a sword that looked like a small drill. But as I pulled it back and aimed it, the arrow stretched outward as I began to pour my energy into it. It may only be a small portion, but I can tell that it was messing with Amethyst’s sensors.

“Incineration: War Hammer!”

I let the arrow loose the second she said the name. Before she could even to prepare her attack. Caladbolg. One of four skills besides my other set of powers that Caex passed one to Coryena. This one being specific to my bowmanship… and I just hit Amethyst… dead on.

“Okay I think that would be enough, can’t let my little muffin get hurt by a one sided battle-.” However, when Derpy said this, an explosion of mana went off from the arrow I fired to where it felt like a nuclear bomb just went off. Honestly, I almost felt like it was going to throw me back into the wall if I didn’t get the chance to hold my ground. However… what I saw next surprised me.

Amethyst survived… and she… was… pissed.

“There’s a few thing I would’ve let you get away with. I would let you get away with punching her and sending her flying. I would let you get away with even knocking her out. But what you just did where it looked like you set off a nuke where it could’ve destroyed my little muffin….That I can’t let you get away with.”

“Oh you are in trouble now, I hope mom doesn’t spank you too hard.”

“Honestly, it was unintentional. I never thought THAT would actually happen. I just thought it was a different kind of arrow,” I explained. “Besides, I can heal her.” With that, I cracked a few soul shards and let the magic head towards them. Even though Amethyst was technically a machine, the energy helped restore anywhere that the cyborg would normally need repairs. Personally, I would ask about what kind of messed up physics would lead to something like that… but I rather not say anything to make the current situation worse.

“You might want to prepare yourself, mom’s gonna kick your flank for almost hurting Amethyst.”

“Well… You do remember that if you hurt me… you hurt Revaan too right?” I said, trying to convince her not to do anything crazy.

“Not even the powers of muffin can save you from me-.”

“Okay, last ditch effort. Here goes nothing.” I said, grabbing the one item that I did not have this morning with breakfast and held it out for her like it was an offering. “Blueberry Muffin?”

The pegasus stopped, looking back at me with a different expression this time. One that was like Mr. Garrison on South Park when he yelled out WHAT DID YOU SAY!? “Did you say blueberry muffins?”

“Uhh… I’m holding one. You can have it if you-.”

“MINE!!!” She yelled, leaping towards me as she swiped the muffin out of my hands before I can finish my sentence. Gobbling it down in ten seconds flat. “Your offer pleases me, as such you are spared…… for now.”

Dun dun dun… Oh come on, how do they do it so well in the movies!?

“You’re lucky that you had that muffin on you, otherwise you’d be eating dirt by now.” I heard Dinky say as Applejack landed next to me.

“Well, I think that’s that…” She said as she turned to look towards me. “Good thing too, I was beginning to fear that you may be running out of blades-.”

Around then, I had the two swords I originally started fighting with return to my hands in an instant. “Care to correct yourself, AJ?”

“S-sorry sugarcube, you have… uh damn… what’s the term Applebloom would use… ah right, blades for days.”

“Blades for days…” I repeated, “Funny thing is, that has a good ring to it.”

“...... Humans are weird.”

“Trust me… You should’ve seen Lance’s cousin when he was running from a drunken Asphyxious who thought he was hitting on his daughter,” I told them, recalling what happened on that christmas eve. “He tried to explain to him that it was a misunderstanding but… let’s just say that it did not work out for him in the long run.”

“...... I stand corrected you all are weird.”

“Since when is anything normal in Equestria?” Applejack asked, looking back at Amethyst.

“Fair point.” I personally can agree with what Applejack said personally. The word normal is like completely foreign. That was the case for almost every other Equestria that I have been summoned to along with Applejack. Plus, with the way things are right now, something tells me that things are only going to get more complicated.

Especially the fact that I felt another presence in the temple, one that I could not recognize at all.


Point of View: Aaron (Some time earlier)


Okay, to be completely honest… I first thought that either I was dreaming or downright hallucinating when I heard Shield-butt say my friends name. But as I actually started to talk to him, those thoughts went up in smoke as we started talking. He lead me inside this crystal empire that he was talking about and too my surprise, looked a lot nicer that I originally thought. When I first thought crystal empire, my mind got me thinking of back home where there were too many drug kingpins that made a fortune off of crystal meth. This though, was the exact opposite.

Walking inside the palace that Shining was talking about, he led Fire, Thunder and I to a mirror like portal that, to his knowledge, led to some weird place called Ponyville. I played along with him and followed him inside, but when I stepped out, the first thing I saw was the homes outside and the ponies running around.

“Man, why did I have to end up in the sticks?” I said to myself. Hopefully, Mr. Armor here was too busy focusing on something else-.

“Hey Shining… who's this kid?” I looked up, seeing a female lavender colored pony that strangely made me think of Willy Wonka taffy. I mean the colors of almost every pony that I have seen made me think that the color scheme of this place was from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

“Uh… I have a name?” I said, looking back at her.

“Twilight, this is Aaron. Though, he prefers to be called Kilik. His companions are Fire and Thunder.” Shining said. Both of them looked kind of shy when they looked at the new pony, but when Thunder tried to shake her hoof, she accidently electrocuted her to where her fur was standing up all over the place and she was wobbly like a cartoon character.

“Sorry.” She squeaked as “Twilight” tried to stand back up properly.

“Well… That was… unexpected…” She said, shaking her head a bit from side to side to fix her mane. “So what brings you here, Aaron?”

“Well, Shining Armor said that he thought you would know where my friend would be. He goes by Ken-.”

“Wait, you know Ken-?” She said, looking like she wanted to race into her room and grab some surgical supplies. Oh god, please don’t try to dissect me-!

“Twily, Aaron isn’t here to play a round of twenty questions,” Wait, they have such a thing here? “He just wants to know where Ken is.”

“Oh he went back a while ago with Applejack to the temple.”

Okay, now I was downright lost in translation. “Who-? What?”

“We’ll explain later. But maybe you should follow me.” With that, Shining left me in the care of his little sister. If you call care having her go on and on about books, magic and other stuff that I wouldn’t give two sh*ts about. When we arrived at this… temple though, something felt… off. Like really off. But only did we get into a clearing that we were greeted by the one thing that I would NEVER in my life prepare myself for.

A dragon. Black scales all over and he was giving me vibes that this guy was like Smaug. But the one thing that caught me off guard was when it actually spoke. “Why hello there-?”

“WHAT THE HELL!?!”


Point of View: Ken


Just as we thought that things had finally settled down and we were about to leave the barrack, I heard shouting come from the main plaza of the temple. “WHAT THE HELL!?!”

“Um….are you okay?”

“Sugarcube, ah didn’t say anything…” Applejack pointed out, “Neither did Ken… in fact… I haven’t heard a voice like that before.” She might not have heard such a voice… but I have. That sounded a lot like… No… No, that can’t be. Without saying anything, I took off, leaving them behind as I tried to hurry. I could hear Applejack crying out in the distance, but her voice grew farther and farther away as I entered the plaza.

“Revaan, what is going on-?”

“Ken!?” The second I heard this, I turned around to see the one thing that I honestly never expected.

My only friend from back home… Aaron. “Holy sh*t.”

Soon, Applejack and the rest of them caught up, only to be surprised to see him with Twilight. “What in tarnation-?”

“Who’s that?”

“The only friend I ever had back home… Aaron.” I said, walking over to him as I gave him a short brief hug.

“Dude… You have NO idea how glad I am to see you…” He said, noticing the others behind me. I just turned around, smiling a little and thankful that my friend was alive and well.

“Same… But… how exactly did you get here?” I asked, just out of curiosity as I noticed the two ponies next to him. “Who are your friends?”

“Oh that’s Fire and Thunder. They’re my companions and also weapons.” He said casually. But the last part just had everypony confused.

“The hell is that supposed to mean?” I heard Amethyst say. Aaron just chuckled a little, cracking his knuckles.

“Looks like you’re going to need a demonstration,” He said. Within seconds, Fire and Thunder began to glow as they turned into separate balls of light as they wrapped around his hands, forming a pair of gauntlets that channeled fire in one hand and thunder in another.

“Holy crap, you’re a meister.” I cursed, with him nodding his head in response.

“Yeah, I’m still trying to get use to it,” He said while Fire and Thunder returned to their original forms a few seconds later. “Trust me… I’ve had a long day… especially with having to kill that kishin named Sombra or something like tha-.”

“Bored again.”

I facepalmed, looking back at Derpy before returning to Aaron. “She only accepts explanations in twenty words or less.”

“Oh… right…” He said, then noticing my arm. “Dude, what the hell happened to your arm?”

“I’m a Scalebound. Formed a Pact with Revaan and because of it, I got some new abilities… We can talk about that later though,” I told him as I turned around towards Derpy and her family. “Hey Derpy? I’m going to assume that you want to get back home right? Well, you’re more than welcome to help yourself to all the muffins we have in the pantry before you leave-.”

“MUFFINS!!!” Within Milliseconds, I heard her crash into the kitchen and saw anything that wasn’t a muffin being tossed aside. Aaron just stared at what was happening before looking back at me. Speechless. When she was done, she was carrying a sack of muffins over her shoulder like it was Santa Claus carrying presents on Christmas Eve.

“Hey… before you guys leave… do you have some kind of token or something that I can used to call on you? It was really nice to see you guys and I wouldn’t mind possibly hanging out with you again.”

“Here you go.” Dinky replied to my question, handing what appeared to be another Muffin, but this one being their token.

“Alright. Guess it’s time to send you guys home.” I replied, using their token to create a one way trip for Derpy and her family to go back home as they leaped inside. Only for Derpy to pop back out because she almost forgot her muffins.

“Okay… just… what…?” Aaron asked, looking back at me. I sighed a little as I had him follow me to the Dining room. Where a huge mess and a long conversation awaited us. Though, unlike other times where I had to answer someone’s question mid sentence, Aaron actually didn’t interrupt me at all. Instead, he listened to everything I had to tell him. All the way up to the point where Derpy herself was a hero for fun.

“Geez man… you must’ve been having the good life here with all that you’ve told me about.” He said, smirking a little.

I shook my head a little. “Not quite… We’re trying to bring back Revaan’s kind, run a hoard, and deal with a Nightmare that is almost unkillable. Plus, not to mention some of the other Displaced I met. Including Asphyxious.”

“Honestly, that guy sounds like a Raditz. Seriously, he does.”

“... You better not tell him that when you meet him. He’s an undead lich that’s also a dragon… and also very serious when it comes to family.” I explained. “Still, if you want, you can stay here and live in the temple if you want. As long as you don’t cause any trouble.”

“Thanks man… it’s been real crazy over the time you’ve been gone back home… Everyone had their own theories over your disappearance and one guy got suspended because he couldn’t keep his mouth shut.”

That… caught my attention. “Seriously? How?”

“Well, after you vanished, a lot of us went over to a korean barbecue place to eat and one guy couldn’t lower his voice when he was theorizing that spies from North Korea kidnapped you… Let’s just say he’s the reason we all got kicked out and he had to write a formal apology to the owner a few days later.” Okay, that is seriously taking it way too far.

“Hey Ken, ah’m gonna go check on the eggs. Be back in a minute.” I heard Applejack say, looking back at me. Only for it to confuse Aaron.

“Dude… what was she talking about?”

“Well… let me put it to you this way… I’m going to be a father.”

“…… You lucky son of a b*tch.” He smiled. “Congratulations man.” Aaron took another sip from his glass of water that he asked for as he then looked back at me. “So… remember this hoard you mentioned? The part where you’re head of your own branch?”

“Yeah, what about it-?”

“Well, I was going to ask if I could join.” That… caught my surprise. “You did kind of introduce me to everyone already and I thought I could be able to fit in here.” That, caused me to laugh a bit as I looked back at him.

“Dude… To be completely honest with you… you have seen nothing yet.”


End Chapter 14

PreviousChapters Next