• Published 29th May 2012
  • 10,604 Views, 660 Comments

Friendship, magic and pokémon - daniboyi



Ash accidentally ends in a new world with talking ponies, who can perform magic and fly.

  • ...
28
 660
 10,604

Chapter 19

Sorry it took long to update, long than I promised to some, but weekend was filled and I had trouble concentrating.

He nodded and took a pokéball and said with a grin “Want to play tough? We let you feel tough.”

Ash grinned as he opened the pokéball and cried out, as his strongest pokémon was released from the object and into the arena “Come out and take the stadium Charizard!” A flash of white appeared and the crowd gasped in shock as in the middle stood the familiar tall orange dragon, glaring with a smirk at the Steelix that was standing many feet over him.

Ash reacted quickly and said “Charizard. Use Flame Thrower and give that snake the taste of fire!” Charizard let out a victory roar and opened his jaw and a massive flame shot out of his mouth, at least three times larger than the one Ninetails had made, and made the audience cry out in panic and shock.

Brock’s eyes widened in shock as he called out in panic “Steelix! Dive underground quickly!” Steelix showed no hesitation and dived right into the ground, leaving a massive crater there, as the flames sailed through the air and hit the shields with full power, making both Celestia and Luna grunt at the mere power it took to maintain the shields against the attack.

Ash just grinned, ignoring the cracks the attack had brought on the shields, as they quickly disappeared when Celestia restored the shield, and said “Your mistake Brock. Charizard use Flame Thrower into the hole!”

Brock looked into shock as the dragon pokémon fired a huge burst of scorching hot flames into the hole, with no way or commanding Steelix underground, he could only wince as he heard a roar of pain from underground and Steelix soon shoot out of the ground, badly burnt but still standing with a glare. He smiled brightly and said “Good going Steelix! Use Sandstorm!” Steelix grinned as he began to spin around in an amazingly quick pace, while sand shot out of his body, causing a mini sandstorm in the dome, making the audience barely able to see what was happening.

“Now use Rock Throw!” Brock quickly continued, wanting to take advantage of Ash as he was mildly blinded and out of control with the heavy sandstorm. Steelix immediately complied and send a group of rocks flying towards Charizard, who was unable to see them until the last second because of the sandstorm.

Ash grimaced as he heard Charizard’s roars of pain and called out “Relax Charizard! Try to see if you can use your wings to get the sand away!” He heard a growl in agreement from the sandstorm and soon sounds of flapping wings was heard and the sandstorm began to get thinner and made the audience and Ash able to see again, only to discover the arena was filled with large holes as Steelix had used Dig several times all over the place and makes Ash unable to know what hole Steelix was inside.

“Get into the air Charizard and don’t stay near the ground!” He yelled quickly, Charizard nodded and flew up in the air quickly, keeping an eye down towards the ground to look out for his opponent. Suddenly Brock’s voice called out “Steelix! Hyper Beam now!” Both Ash and Charizard was shocked as the large orange power beam was sent towards Charizard, who was luckily just able to dodge it, before it clashed into the shield and blaster right through it, shocking the audience into silence as that single attack just overpowered a shield made by the two princesses themselves and Twilight just stared in disbelief as her mentors shield just had been smashed through like nothing.

Ash cried out in triumph and said excited “Charizard! Use your strongest Flame Thrower towards the place the Hyper Beam came from!”

Charizard grinned and inhaled loudly, before sending an enormous wave of fire towards the ground, just as Luna was able to cast a strong shield over the arena again. The flames licked the ground as the heat from the fire and molten rocks spread, many of the ponies looked at it in awe and a few was using their wings to make a cool breeze. As the fire ended, the arena ground was glowing orange in heat and small fumes and damps raised from it and those few rocks that had been in there, was now a pool of lava, and Steelix lay in the middle of it all, unconscious and badly burned. Brock recalled him quickly and said sadly “You’ll get better my friend. I promise.”

He looked back over at Ash, as the rock cooled down quickly to the air and he said, as Charizard landed with a confident smirk at the battle field “You may have been able to defeat Steelix, but now you will face the unbeatable defense of Golem!” He called out his rock pokémon that smiled challenging to Charizard and let out a breath as it said “Golem…”

Charizard’s eyes flared and he let out a roar in anger and reacted instantly as Ash said “Get in the air, where he can’t hit you!”
Brock just smiled and laughed as he said “You think I haven’t learned to take down air types by my years as Rock trainer? Golem, shoot him down with Stone Edge.” Golem grinned as thousands of small sharp pieces of rock began to fly around him in circles, as he held up his hands, and suddenly he brought them forward, sending them all towards Charizard in large waves.

Ash quickly called out “Counter with Flame Thrower!” Charizard panted by now, as he fired a flame towards the stones, melted several of them, until the flames died out and the rest of the pieces connected harshly with Charizard, as he roared in pain and was sent unconsciously to the ground.

Ash grimaced and quickly recalled his strongest pokémon as he said “So you taught him Stone Edge? Smart move, but won’t save you from my next pokémon. Sceptile you’re on!”

With another flash of light, released Ash his fourth pokémon against Brock’s fourth pokémon. Sceptile stood up with a cool smirk at Golem, his yellow eyes piercing through the air directly at Golem, who grunted in return. Ash grinned as Brock started this match and called “Golem use Magnitude!”

“Jump into the air to dodge it Sceptile!” Ash quickly countered “And follow by Bullet Seed!” Sceptile jumped into the air, as Golem performed his Magnitude, sending shockwaves through the ground, making the whole stadium shakes in its foundation and several ponies to cling onto each other in fright of the whole thing would break down under them. Rainbow Dash had reacted out of pure instinct and held Twilight and Pinkie at least five feet in the air, before grumbling, setting them down again.
Sceptile looked down at Golem with a grin, as Golem looked up at him surprised, shocked that he was able to dodge the move with a jump, and Sceptile began to fire waves of small golden glowing seeds down at the rock/ground type pokémon, doing incredible damage.

Golem was now lightly panting, both in tiredness from performing two very powerful moves, but also from the damage he had just received and glared at Sceptile who was still unhurt. Brock grimaced, knowing Golem could not take much more and was barely standing as he was now and said, as he held the pokéball with his mouth towards Golem “Come back Golem, you have done enough.”

The red beam called the rock pokémon back as Luna said “Brock has recalled Golem! Please send out thy next pokémon!” Brock grinned and said “I got just the treat for him. Come out Toxicroak!” With a white flash the poison fighting pokémon was standing in the field with a lopsided grin and a pair of emotionless yellow eyes.

Sceptile raised an eyebrow and looked at Ash, who grinned and commanded “Try out a Agility Sceptile, but be careful that Toxicroak got a powerful punch and is poison and super effective against you.” Sceptile nodded in understanding and disappeared from eye sight of the normal eye, going too fast to be seen.

Toxicroak just took in a deep breath, as he kept still, while Brock just stood there. Grinning as he knew Toxicroak worked best like this and not forced to attack, just waiting and act when required. He smiled as Ash looked slightly confused and Ash commanded “Sceptile! Quick Attack!”

Brock just bowed his head with a smile and said “Toxicroak. Do what you do.” Toxicroak just made a light croak in agreement, still looking into the air as Sceptile appeared with amazing speed, heading directly towards him. Toxicroak just smiled and with a sudden movement dodged the Quick Attack and slammed his purple glowing hand into Sceptile’s neck, doing incredible damage due to type advantage and that he hit a weaker point. Sceptile was slammed into the ground, was quickly got up, rubbing his neck in pain as he grimaced and looked angrily at Toxicroak, who had resumed to his normal sitting position, staring into the air.

Up in the audience stands was Twilight watching confused and asked to nopony in particularly “What is he doing…? He looks more bored than ready to fight…”

As an answer, said Celestia next to her with a smile and a twinkle in her eyes “He is anything but bored my student, he is analyzing and waiting… A truly brilliant strategy against an attacker like Sceptile… Who knows what kind of mental brilliance and thoughts that is currently going through him right now…” Twilight nodded understanding and lightly surprised by the mental capacities of the pokémon on the battle field, as she looked back to watch the battle.

Toxicroak had just dodged another attack from the now really frustrated Sceptile, who was glaring angrily at the lightly mocking pokémon, several bruises over his body from the repeated poison attacks that hit him in already weak spots. He launched a power Bullet Seed attack on his opponents, who took it head on, only taking half damage due to type advantage again. Toxicroak let out another croak, before he lifted his hands and shot out a series of sharp Poison Stings that made direct contact with Sceptile, as he cried out in pain.

Ash grimaced, not knowing how Toxicroak was able to dodge Sceptile’s fast attack like it was nothing and was getting desperate, as Sceptile had not laid a single hit on the toad, and he knew that Sceptile could not last must longer. Sceptile looked back at him and smiled weakly, before Ash grinned and said “Ok. If you’re sure my friend. Sceptile! Use Leech Seed!”

“What?!” Asked Brock shocked, as the bulges on Sceptiles back lit up and fired a group of seeds directly at Toxicroak, who croaked with wide eyes as he was unable to dodge this last attack and he was quicky wrapped in vines all over his body, before the red electricity looking field appearing around him, slowly draining him from his health. Brock sighed and recalled Toxicroak, knowing this was a lost battle by now as he was tightly wrapped in the vines, unable to fight it.

Ash did the same with a smile, realized that it was just harming Sceptile to let him fight the next pokémon Brock had and said
“So it's soon over Brock. Both on our second last pokémon."

Brock nodded with a grin and says “And I’m not going to lose this one. Prepare to battle my second strongest pokémon. Salamence! Come out for battle!”

“Same goes for you Feraligator! Take the stance!” Ash cried as he called out his water type pokémon. The crowd cheered as the two last pokémons took the scene, the dragon and the two legged alligator standing in front of each other, each of them grinning with their teeth showing.

“Salamence! Fly into the air where he can’t hit you physically and use Sunny Day!” Salamence let out a roar and looked up in the skies and shot a ball of bright light into the heavens, before it exploded and the sun somehow intensified and the shine over the whole area brightened up. Some of the ponies in the stands shielded their eyes and groaned while Celestia just smiled amused, weirdly enough feeling her connection to the sun growing and getting stronger by the attack.

Ash just smiled amused and said “You really think I can’t counter that attack after so long? Feraligator, use Rain Dance.” Feraligator grinned and his eyes glowed blue for a second, before clouds began to form around them inside the dome and rain started to pour down upon the two pokémon and the trainers. Brock grimaced at this, hoping Ash wouldn’t have learned any of his pokémon that move, but knew it had been a daring risk that now only had served the purpose of drawing time.

“Use Aerial Ace!” He quickly cried out. Salamence smiled and disappeared from view, before he appeared many meters in front of Feraligator, as he got closer by the second.

Ash just smiled again and said calmly “Feraligator, counter with Protect and follow by Ice Punch if possible to hit him.” Feraligator grinned and nodded, showing his toothy smile and sharp teeth as a shield appeared around him, Salamence and Brock’s eyes both widened in shock, as Salamence slammed into the shield the next second and howled in pain as Feraligator quickly followed with an ice attack, doing incredible damage to the dragon/flying type.

Ash and Feraligator both smiled as Salamence flew up into the air again and Brock grimaced, realizing his mistake in just charging in, but not having any distance attacks on Salamence, except fire types or hyper beam, both of them a bad idea to use and he said “Salamence. Use Double Team and Agility!”

Salamence grunted, still in pain from the previous attack and he disappeared from view, as several images appeared in the air all over the dome. All of them looking down at Feraligator with a smirk, as the water pokémon looked around bewildered, not able to locate the real Salamence.

Ash grimaced lightly, but said “Use Surf!” Feraligator grinned as ponies leaned over the stands to look closer to the upcoming battle. Feraligator slammed his fist into the ground, as the earth shook lightly and suddenly several large sprouts of water into the air. Brock paled lightly, as the water began to collect and form in a wave behind Feraligator as it towered in the dome and could almost fill it to the brim. Suddenly the wave, as Feraligator rode it, crashed forward and struck every single fake image of Salamence and Brock cried out in panic “Counter with Fire Blast! Full Power!”

In a second Salamence appeared in front of the large wave, not more than a few meters and immediately fired a huge wave of fire towards the oncoming thread and they clashed together and created a huge mist that made it impossible to see inside the dome. The crowd was silent in anticipation, eager and wished for the mist to disappear, so they could see how the battle went, the only things that gave them a hint was the growls and huge clash of the battle inside the dome.

Suddenly Luna’s horn lit up and the mist disappeared from the dome and the crowd cheered wildly as the winner was revealed.