• Published 29th May 2012
  • 10,600 Views, 660 Comments

Friendship, magic and pokémon - daniboyi



Ash accidentally ends in a new world with talking ponies, who can perform magic and fly.

  • ...
28
 660
 10,600

Chapter 25

Finally! so sry for taking so long! my computer suddenly went dead and it took some time to repair it, only to discover it had deleted my windows office pack and windows words included. So I had to go out and get a new one at that. Also a smaller vacation got in the way.
_________________________________________________________________

It was the day of the Grand Galloping Gala and five mares in the small town of Ponyville were making the last preparations before they all would take the train to Canterlot, the guys all ready and just waiting for the mares as Ash was waiting for Pinkie to get in her dress for the Gala, unable to not smile a bit amused as he asked “Are you soon done Pinkie?”

He heard a voice call back, a bit annoyed but also sounded amused “Patient Ash! I am done in a second!”

He pouted and sat back in the chair, needing a shower before he could get into his smoking that Rarity had made for him, one that Pinkie hadn’t seen yet. In the same way he hadn’t seen her dress yet, a deal between the two that they would first see each other, when they were both dressed and ready for the gala. He smiled at the thought of the gala, the plan between him and the guys all set and ready to take Equestria, and the girls especially, by storm. He grinned even more as he remembered Big Macintosh’s plan for the sweet animal caretaker, one he approved of generally and thought would be perfect.

“I’m done! Look away while I get to my room!” Pinkie said loudly through the door and he closed his eyes as told and heard the door open and her running to her room and as he heard the door to her room open, close and lock rapidly and he opened his eyes and went into the bathroom, gagging a bit as he was merely surprised by the amount of perfume in the air, figuring that was the work of Pinkie. As he got over the surprise he smiled, liking the scent of the perfume generally, unsure what it was kind of smell as he went into the shower to bath. He heard the washbasin getting turned on and laughed, figuring Pikachu was also taking bath for the night as he would join them, together with a few more, uninvited yet permitted guests.

After he was done showering, he excited the bathroom and went for his own room to get into his own tuxedo and get ready for the gala, as he got the tuxedo on he heard Pinkie call from outside his door “Are you done yet Ashy?” he pouted a bit at the nickname, he had tried to tell Pinkie that he really didn’t like it, but she just kept it on and on and after a while he just learned he had to accept the nickname as he called back “Soon Pinkie!” He heard a giggle outside the door and rolled his eyes amused.

He smiled to his mirror reflection as he had the tuxedo set right on, it was a traditional black tuxedo with a nice white shirt underneath, a mix that really brought forth his pale skin with his contrasting black ruffled hair he had let stay this way, much to the protest of Rarity.

He walked out of the room and met Pinkie as he drew in a breath at the first sight of her standing there in her gala dress, and he had to admire how Rarity brought forth her inner beauty, her bubbling cheery attitude and her happiness was shining in the dress and showing ponies exactly what kind of pony Pinkie was in general. A happy pony that did what she could to make others smile. He smiled to her and moved over, gave her a short peck on the lips and said “You look beautiful.”

She blushed a bit, but smiled and looked up and down him and said “You look rather handsome yourself as Rarity would have said it.” She giggled a bit and said again “But we really should get to the train station. Twilight and the others are waiting.”

He smiled and nodded and walked with her downstairs, where Mr. and Mrs. Cake were waiting with fond smiles as Mrs. Cake said “Now have fun and promise me to be safe.” As she hugged Pinkie, who gladly accepted the hug and grinned “Oh I promise I will have fun!”

Mrs. Cake smiled as she pulled back from the hug and nodded “Now away with you. You are already a bit late and the train arrives soon.” Pinkie nodded with a happy grin and looked at Ash, who was already ready at the door with a fond smile as she walked over to him and out of the door he held for her.

They soon met with the rest of the girls and Spike, who were all waiting for them at the train station and Twilight sighed in relief as the two finally arrived and asked “Where were you? We promised to meet 5 minutes back.” More concerned than angry or distressed.

Ash rolled his eyes as he smiled fondly to his marefriend and said, giving Pinkie a loving nuzzle “Pinkie took a bit longer than expected to get ready.” As she blushed, while Rainbow gave a fake gag, but did smile to them both. It was at that moment they all heard a loud sound and grinned as they saw the train coming towards the train station.

Soon they were all aboard the train and going with high speed towards the capital of Equestria, Canterlot, Ash and Pinkie was lying on the seats, Pinkie resting her head on Ash’s side as they both smiled softly, while Twilight looked out the window towards the castle, Rainbow and Applejack were both talking and everyday things and Rarity was making some final touches on Fluttershys mane, who was blushing a bit embarrassed, but had a small smile.

Twilight looked over at Ash and Pinkie with a small smile and thought about how Pinkie would have been all around the train in excitement for this gala, but now that she had Ash, she was relaxing nicely with her coltfriend instead of talking like a waterfall and running like she had two cups of pure sugar.

There went another twenty peaceful minutes, which was really a surprised compared to they had Pinkie in the same train, and smiled as they were now in Canterlot train station. Most of them smiled as they looked over the street that led in a clear way right to the gates to the castle and Rainbow Dash yawned and said “Should we get going or stand here all day?”

Most of them smiled amused and Ash said “Relax RD. We can’t all fly in supersonic speed all the time.” She smiled smugly at this, but grinned to Ash also and says “Don’t I know that.” As she hit him on the shoulder with a grin.

They all grinned as they began to walk towards the castle and suddenly Twilight smiled and broke out in a song and Ash turned and looked shocked at her.

“I can't believe we're finally here. With all that we've imagined, the reality of this night is sure to make this... The Best Night Ever! At the Gala.”

At the Gala” the rest repeated in a chorus and Ash smiled heavily amused as Fluttershy continued onto her verse.

At the Gala
In the garden.
I'm going to see them all
All the creatures
I'll befriend them at the Gala.” She ended the part and the rest again repeated, this time Ash joined them for the fun of it and he noticed they got a few looks and many smiles.

At the Gala” And Fluttershy continued with a smile.

All the birdies
And the critters
They will love me big and small
We'll become good friends forever
Right here at the Gala!” and once more the rest of the group said at the same time, with the few additions of other ponies who went to the gala as well.

All our dreams will come true
Right here at the Gala
At the Gala” It was here Applejack took over with her own part.

At the Gala (It's amazing)
I will sell them (Better hurry)
All my appletastic treats (Yummy yummy)
Hungry ponies (They'll be snacking)
They will buy them (Bring your money)
Caramel apples, apple sweets (Gimme some)
And I'll earn a lot of money
For the Apple family!” And a new chorus sounded.

All our dreams and our hopes from now until hereafter
All that we've been wishing for will happen at the Gala
At the Gala” Rarity smiled and began to sing herself as Ash grinned happily as he looked over all his friends.

“At the Gala
All the royals
They will meet fair Rarity
They will see I'm just as regal at the Gala” and the rest of the now large group sang together.

At the Gala” And Rarity continued to sing happily.

I will find him
My Prince Charming
And how gallant he will be
He will treat me like a lady
Tonight at the Gala!” and the rest of the now large group of ponies, all ready for the gala, sang.

This is what we've waited for to have the best night ever
Each of us will live our dreams
Tonight at the Gala
At the Gala” To Ash’s surprise was Rainbow the next who began to sing.

Been dreamin'
I've been waitin'
To fly with those great ponies
The Wonderbolts, their daring tricks
Spinning round and having kicks
Perform for crowds of thousands
They'll shower us with diamonds
The Wonderbolts will see me right here at the Gala!” Once more the whole group broke out in song.

All we've longed for
All we've dreamed
Our happy ever after
Finally will all come true
Right here at the Grand Gala
At the Gala” Ash looked over at Pinkie, who grinned and broke out in a song as Ash smiled lovingly to her.

I am here at the Grand Gala
For it is the best party
But the one thing it was missing was a pony named Pinkie
For I am the best at parties, all the ponies will agree
Ponies playing
Ponies dancing
With me at the Grand Gala!” and again broke the rest out in a chorus.

Happiness and laughter at the Gala
At the Gala” Ash looked around as Twilight again began to sing happily.

"At the Gala (At the Gala)
With the Princess (With the Princess)
Is where I'm going to be (She will be)
We will talk all about magic and what I've learned and seen (She will see)
It is going to be so special
As she takes time just for me (This will be the best night ever!)” The gang broke out in another loud chorus, all smiling happily.

Into the Gala we must go
We're ready now, we're all aglow
Into the Gala, let's go in and have the best night ever
Into the Gala, now's the time
We're ready and we look divine!

All of his friends looked at Ash, waiting for him to start his verse and he just laughed and said calmly “Not this time. Maybe I join another.” They all grinned and nodded as they began to sing again.

Fluttershy and the crowd sang “Into the Gala” And Fluttershy continued alone “Meet new friends

Same as before started both Applejack and the crowd in the choir “Into the Gala
and Applejack continue alone as Fluttershy did “Sell some apples

This time it was Rarity and the crowd who sang “Into the Gala
And Rarity kept going “Find my Prince"

The crowd and Rainbow sang happily “Prove I'm great” And she kept going on her own “As a Wonderbolt is

Fluttershy started “To meet!

Applejack continued “To sell!

To find!” Rarity kept on

To prove!” Continued Rainbow

To whoop!” Sang Pinkie happily

To talk!” Twilight sang

And the song ended with the whole crowd sang
Into the Gala
Into the Gala
And we'll have the best night ever!
At the Gala!

As the song finally ended, they all looked up as the gates that finally opened and Twilight smiled and says “We are here.”

“Let’s get this party started!” Pinkie yelled out excited and ran inside, dragging Ash, who laughed loudly, with her inside at insane speeds.

It was not even five minutes after the whole gala started and the group was already spread out over the entire place. Rarity had quickly found her ‘prince’ as in Prince Blueblood and began to follow him to ‘woo’ him into loving her, so they could get married and she would get her ‘prince charming’, to which Ash just shook his head amused, knowing by now that the idea of a prince charming was only a fairy tale and was something that never, if only rarely happened.

He saw Twilight already by Princess Celestias side with Princess Luna on the other side and he smiled to her, which she didn’t notice as she kept trying to get the princess attention from the visitors she greeted. He noticed Applejack and Fluttershy had already disappeared, probably to set up an small shop to sell some apples or visit the animals of the Canterlot Garden.

He noticed Rainbow Dash as well as she walked through the crowd, doing her best to look cool and collected, while secretly looking for the wonderbolts.

He smiled to himself and couldn’t not help himself and say, as Pinkie kept on leading him through the crowd to random places “This is sure to be the best night ever.”