• Published 29th May 2012
  • 10,604 Views, 660 Comments

Friendship, magic and pokémon - daniboyi



Ash accidentally ends in a new world with talking ponies, who can perform magic and fly.

  • ...
28
 660
 10,604

Chapter 3

They all sat in the library as Celestia and conjured several comfortable carpets so they didn't have to lie on the cold wooden floor. They sat in a circle and all looked at Celestia, who smiled at them all and started "I think it is time to explain why there is one more element than the books said there should be. You see, the books left out one important detail. The detail that friendship always is on work, always finds new ways to bring friendship into the hearth of ponies. Like magic always works, becomes stronger for each passing day in a unicorns life. We learn more magic each day, discover new spells and ways to use this magic. The same is it with friendship, we begins to understand more about friendship and the elements of harmony takes this knowledge to them and becomes stronger..." She took a small pause to breathe.

"What happened today is a rare event even I haven't seen before. The birth of a new element. When Ash here" Ash felt a little uneasy as all eyes landed on him "came to our world he brought the spirit of a whole new element of friendship to us. Himself. He holds the new element inside him. Do any of your have an idea of what this new element could be?" All of them shock their head except Twilight who looked a little unsure. Celestia noticed this with a smile, knowing her students would be the one to figure it out. "Do you have an idea Twilight?"

"I-I think I might..." She said slowly, before looking up at me with a warm smile and a few tears in her eyes of happiness "Ash Ketchum, who was told to be gone, to run away, but came back to help the same ponies who told him to leave even though he could have left for safety, represents the element of support"

Again a flash filled the room and Ash was again wearing the crown with the gem looking like one of those small red and white balls strapped around his leg. He looked surprised and said "I'm really the element of support?"

"Indeed you are" Celestia said with a smile "But Ash... I can sense this is not the real you. You are not from this world. Can you please explain that to me?"

Ash looked at all of them and said with a tired smile "Yeah. If anyone deserves to know it's all of you. My name is Ash Ketchum as you know and I'm from earth in a region called Kanto. My specie is called humans and is much different from your specie, first of all we walk on two legs and have hands and fingers, almost like Spike, but we don't have claws. We don't have fur over all of our body, so we have to wear clothes all the time for warmth and other things..."

"What other things?" Asked a confused Fluttershy as most ponies in the room had turned slightly red and some where giving her incredulously looks.

"Errhh... You'll see Fluttershy..." Ash began, feeling really awkward now "If I-I was human right now without clothes... My... Male part would not be as well hidden as they are in my pony form" Now it was Fluttershy's time to open her mouth in shock and blush furiously as she looked down in the grown at embarrassment.

"Well... Besides that... I don't really know about your eating styles here in this world, but humans are omnivorous" Their mouths opened in shock again.

"Y-Ya mean h-humans e-eats meat?" Asked, a now scared, Applejack, unconsciously taking a step away from Ash.
"Yes they do, but remember I'm not a human now and probably can't eat meat, besides humans eat fruits and vegetables too. It's really a choice we have to make. Some humans won't eat meat, because they think it is terrible to do to animals. And before you get offended you must understand that ponies and horses in our world is no where near your intelligent level. They can't talk, fly or use magic, they are unable to build anything" The others nodded, looked a little shocked, but understood "And as some of you know, there are another specie in my world called pokémons as my friend Pikachu here" Pikachu jumped down and said with a happy voice "Pika! Pi, Pikachu!"

Celestia looked at Pikachu and said "Magnificent! I have never seen such creatures before and for what I understood from Luna this creature was able to shoot a stream of electricity that could even make Nightmare Moon cry out in pain"
Ash nodded and looked at Pikachu "Give them a demonstration, but not too much" Pikachu smiled wickedly and jumped up on the table. The ponies backed a little away and Pikachu began faintly to sparkle in an electric glow and all the sudden it cried out "Pikachuu!" Before a struck of lightning shot upwards and hit the roof, leaving a light scorch mark.

Celestia had wide opened eyes at this and muttered "Fantastic. Never before have I seen such abilities... Ash how many of these pokémons do you have with you?"

"Around six including Pikachu here" He answered with a smile.

Celestia looked even more surprised at this and asked "But where are they?"

The rest of the group giggled and Ash let out a small laughter and said "As I said to the others, they are right here" With that he wrapped his tail around Pidgeot’s ball and threw it lightly up and gave it a light hit with his head, hitting the button and a white flash appeared and soon after stood the large bird again, looking happily at Ash.

"This girls name is Pidgeot, she is a flying type pokémon and fully evolved from Pidgey"

"Evolved?" Asked a confused Twilight.

"Yes. When a pokémon reaches a certain level of power he or she gets surrounded by a white light and their physical form begins to change, the normally grow bigger and better. Take Pidgeot for example. I caught her as a Pidgeotto, first evolution of Pidgey, at that time she was much smaller than me and could sit on my shoulder without any trouble, now I can ride her through the skies, I just wished I had my backpack. My pokédex is in it, and then I could just show you!" Ash said with bitterness.

"Is it this backpack?" Pinkie asked as she pulled a green backpack out of no where apparently.
Ash stood shocked and said "Yes, that's mine! How did you find it?"

"It lay next to you when we found you, so I kept it safe for you" She answered with a bright smile. The others looked at her with a confused look and Twilight said "Pinkie. You can't just take ponies stuff like that!"

"No it's ok Twilight" Ash said as he smiled and looked through his backpack "I would probably have lost it somewhere in the forest. Wouldn't be the first time I did that on my travels" They all gave a weak chuckle and soon Ash let out a breath in relief and took out a small box looked red device.

Twilight's ear perked up in interest and said "What is that?"

"It's a pokédex" Answered Ash as he opened it with his mouth "It can give me data on all kinds of pokémon and since I have captured many and have seen many more I got data from most around my world that are discovered. You can watch a small animation of all the evolvings of your pokémons as the data have been recorded to the pokédex. It was created by professor Oak, who also gave me my first pokémon and friend Pikachu"

Twilight moved closer to look at the pokédex and was utterly surprised when the small screen turned on and the pokédex said with a mechanical voice "Hello Ash Ketchum, how can I help you?"

"What kind of magic is this?!" She asked as she looked closer to the device.

Ash laughed and said "It's no magic, just pure technology. Humans like me don't have any magic at all, so we survive on our brain with creating many devices that makes our normal day easier as they do some of the work for us, we have for example cars, they are like your pony dragged carats, except they move on their own thanks to a machine"

Twilight looked up at this new found knowledge and said "That sounds really brilliant! Now I really want to meet this professor you're talking about!"

"If it is possible to bring him here, or you to our world and take you back to here I'm sure he would love to meet you too" Ash said as he gave up on the pokédex, it was harder to press buttons with no fingers. He pushed it over to Pikachu and said "Can you Pikachu?"

Pikachu nodded and pressed a few buttons and soon the screen turned white and the mechanical voice said "You have chosen to watch the evolution of Pidgeotto to Pidgeot" and the screen suddenly flash and a small movie appeared, showing a Pidgeotto flying through the skies with a great amount of speed. Rainbow Dash smiled at this, liking this kind of pokémon already. Suddenly its whole body began to glow clear white and while it glowed it suddenly started to change form, it grew larger, longer, its wings began to grow longer too and it's red neck feathers grew longer too. The light faded away and there was a new bird. Pigeot who stopped in midair and let out a cry "PIDGEOT!" And gave a powerful bash with it wings.

The film ended and all the ponies from Equestria stood there with shock or smile on their faces. Celestia had a smile and said "This is a most impressive thing, I had never expected such a creature to ever exist and with such magnificent powers it is quite astounding. And I understand that there are many more of these creatures with each their own type of nature element?"

"That is correct princess" Ash said with a smile "There are quite a lot types for pokémon actually. So far known there are seventeen types, but there can be more. These types are normal, fire, water, electric, grass, ice, fighting, poisen, ground, flying, psychic, bug, rock, ghost, dragon, dark and steel. Many pokémon has a single type, but there are also many there is a combination between two like my Pidgeot is a flying/normal type"

They all looked quite surprised by his knowledge of the subject and Rainbow Dash asked "So what kind of pokémons do you have with you?"

"I have electric, flying, fire, water, grass, and ice" He said as he had revised it until he could it perfectly.
"And would you mind to show us the pokémon you have with you?"

"Not at all" He said with a smile and he slowly began to collect his pokéballs on the ground in a line. He walked over and pressed the first button and out jumped Sceptile, he let out a yawn and looked around in confusion and then looked down to Ash and face palmed, he looked at Ash again with a raised eyebrow and Ash smiled and said "Yeah. I know Sceptile, I don't really know what happened, but we'll have to do with it" The large grass reptile nodded and leaned back against the wall, not really giving knowledge to the other ponies in the room.

Ash looked at the others, some was having their mouth open again and looked with awe at the pokémon "This is Sceptile, my strongest grass pokémon as you can guess by his appearance"

"Fantastic..." Said Celestia and Twilight in unison as they looked at Sceptile with wonder.
Ash smiled and walked over to the next and said "Come out Glalie!"

The room was instantly filled with a sudden chill as the cold air from the ice type filled the room. The ponies shivered lightly and Celestia raised an eyebrow in interest. Ash walked over and petted Glalie who made a happy rasp in return "This is Glalie, he is an ice type pokémon and as you can feel, do ice types slightly affect the area they're in with making is a little colder. Ice type pokémon are one of the harder types to get in my world as they often lives in the colder areas of my world and it takes some time to find them" Twilight nodded, taking notes and looking interested.

Ash pushed to the next, releasing Feraligator who stood twice as tall as the normal ponies and even a little taller than Celestia. The ponies immediately backed away in fear as the large alligator looking pokémon looked around and saw Ash. He let out a happy growl and picked Ash up in a crushing hug, making Ash laugh and try to push him away "Feraligator!" He said through his laughs "Put me down! I have some new friends for you too meet!" The large blue pokémon put him down with a grin and Ash turned to the others and saw their small amount of fear in their eyes and even Celestia looked a little suspicious at the pokémon. He groaned and said "Don't be afraid of Feraligator, he may look a little scary, but trust me when I say he is the biggest child I have ever seen. He wouldn't hurt anyone... Anypony" He corrected himself "Unless they hurt me first or I told him too"

"So it's basically this way. Don't hurt ya or we get our flanks handed to us on a silver plate?" Applejack said with a grin.
Ash laughed and said "Pretty much. My friends get rather angry when someone hurts me"

"Ah have to remember that" She said with a laugh, but kept a nervous glance on Feraligator.

"The next pokémon is a fire pokémon named Charizard, I think its best made some area as one of the things about Charizard is that he has a tail with a small amount of fire in the end, just so we don't burn anything down or burn Anypony..." They all backed a little away and Ash was just about to push the button when he said "I don't know if you have dragons in this world, but I warn you. Charizard looks a lot like a dragon..." He looked around to see if anypony had anything against this and saw or heard nopony making a comment, and with that he released it, not hearing Fluttershy's gasp in fright and out came a huge orange dragon, easily taller than Feraligator and almost reached the roof of the house. He looked around and saw Ash, he gave a short snort and looked amused.

Ash smiled back to him and said "Yeah I know I'm not in my normal form Charizard, weird things happens and new adventures we face" The dragon nodded in agreement and then looked at the ponies, who looked back at him with fright, especially Fluttershy who was hiding behind Pinkie Pie, whimpering lightly.

"These are my friends Charizard" Ash said "I just wanted you to meet them" Charizard nodded to the ponies.
Twilight was the first to talk "Is Charizard a dragon?"

"Nope" Ash answered with a smile "He is a fire/flying type even if he resembles a dragon in his form and can learn special dragon type moves"

They all heard a loud whimper and looked at Fluttershy, who was still hiding behind Pinkie Pie, who had a smile on her face. Twilight walked over to her and said softly “What’s wrong Fluttershy?”

Fluttershy whimpered a little and said “I-I’m s-s-s…” But couldn’t finish the sentence.

Applejack was now on her other side and said with a soft voice “Ya can tell us sugarcube, we won’t laugh”

With a voice, almost lower than a whisper she muttered “I-I’m s-scared of d-dragons…”

Then everyone heard Ash say “Charizard. Come back…” The tall dragon looking pokémon disappeared and he walked over to Fluttershy and said softly “Why didn’t you stop me when I said he looked like a dragon then Fluttershy?”

“I didn’t want to be a burden…” She said with a shy voice, looking at the ground.

“Aww Fluttershy you silly pony!” Said Pinkie Pie as she hugged Fluttershy “You could never be a burden! There’s nothing wrong with being afraid” Fluttershy smiled weakly and returned the hug with a embarrassed blush.

“She’s right sugar cube. Even ah’m afraid sometimes. Take for example me. Ah’m deathly afraid of snakes” Everyone looked at her shocked, but she just smiled and looked proud of the fact that she could admit her fears.

Twilight laid a hoof on her shoulder and said “And I’m afraid of failing. I have been since I started studying in Canterlot” Celestia raised an eyebrow on this one, this was something she really didn’t know about her student and secretly closest thing to a daughter.

“Yeah” Said Rainbow Dash, everypony looked at her with a raised eyebrow, almost daring her to say ‘I’m not afraid of anything!’ instead she made a pleasant surprise and said “Even through you’ll never hear me admit it in public I’ve a small amount of stage fright. I never handled large crowds watching me flying to well” Applejack smiled to her, glad she could swallow some pride and be a good friend in need.

“Well if we all have to admit our fear” Rarity began “I must admit I too have fears, fears of losing my dear sister Sweetie Bell” Everyone smiled to her with understanding. All of the ponies, except Twilight, Ash and Celestia, knowing even if they fought a lot, they still loved each other more than the world itself.

Everyone looked at Pinkie Pie, who swallowed nervously and said with a small and almost scared voice “M-My worst fear is a world without laughter or fun. A cold and grey world…” Without thinking over it, moved Ash over to her side and put a hoof around her shoulder.

Twilight looked at Ash and asked “What about you Ash? What’s your fear?”

Without looking up, answered Ash “To loose my friends. My worst fear must be to loose those I hold closest. To loose you or my pokémon…” Everypony looked at him with a smile of happiness. Glad he considered them a friend already.

Twilight looked back at Fluttershy, who now had stopped crying and said “See Fluttershy. Everypony has fears, even if we don’t admit them. You were strong to admit you are afraid of dragons and we do not blame you for that, nor are we disgusted or think lowly of you. Fear is a thing everypony has and it takes true courage to admit it, even to a dear friend”

Celestia, unable to stop smiling at the group of friends, said “I think you all just learned a valuable lesson in friendship. To accept each others fears and strengths and work together to overcome them” The ponies smiled at her and she looked out of the window before saying “As much as I want to stay. I sadly have duties to do. Ash, maybe another time you could show me the true powers of your pokémon friends. I would be most honored to watch such a demonstration” With that she walked out of the door and flew towards Canterlot again.

Twilight recovered from her shock over Celestia saying it would be an honor for her to do anything and then turned to Ash “Where should you sleep while you are here?”

Everypony looked a little uncertain and Rainbow Dash said “He can’t sleep at my place, unless he learns to fly”

“And as much as I would like to offer some room” Continued Rarity “I sadly do not have any spare rooms”

“He can sleep at my place!” Said a happy Pinkie Pie, recovered from the thought of a world without laughter.

Twilight looked at her uncertain and said “Are you sure Mr. and Mrs. Cake are ok with this?”

Pinkie Pie just nodded excited and said “They have always said if a friend of my needed a place to stay he or she would always be welcome there!”

“Well…” Said Twilight, still a little uncertain “It’s really a matter of what Ash wants. Are you ok with this?”

Ash looked at the excited Pinkie Pie and smiled to Twilight “I think I survive”

Twilight smiled to him, almost with a teasing smirk and said “Then it’s settled. Ash is going to sleep at Pinkie’s place” Ash smiled over to Pinkie, who was now bouncing up and down excited again.

She ran over and grabbed Ash by the leg and said “Come on! I show you the way!” and disappeared in a pink smoke.
Seconds after they appeared in front of a large shop with a huge fake cupcake on top, Ash looked at it as Pinkie said “This is here where I live with Mr. and Mrs. Cake! I moved from my family a long time ago and didn’t have enough bits to get a home for my self, so I live and work with them until I get enough!” Ash nodded, understanding. He was just lucky that pokémon championships gave money as a prize or he might still live with his mum.

They opened the door and Pinkie called “Mr. and Mrs. Cake! I’m home!”

“Welcome home Pinkie! We wondered why you weren’t at the party?”

“Oh I just met with my friends and said hello to a new friend of ours!” She called back with a smile.

“A new pony in town?” The female voice called back and soon she walked into the store from upstairs. Mrs. Cake, she was a light blue coated mare with a pink mane and three cupcakes as a cutie mark. She looked at Ash and smiled “You must be the new in town. What’s your name?”

“My name is Ash Ketchum, but my friends call me Ash” He answered with a smile “I’m new here and don’t really have a home yet, Pinkie invited me to sleep here. I hope that is ok”

She smiled brightly to him and said “Of course dear. It’s so rare Pinkie invites friends over and we always enjoy some more company”

“Thank you Mrs. Cake” He said and looked at Pinkie, asking “So where is the guest room?”

“It’s right upstairs” She said happily “Come on. I show you the way!” She took Ash by the hoof and pulled him upstairs, him laughing all the way at her never ending energy.

Soon he was in the average sized room with a light yellow color covering the room. He smiled already feeling home and quickly went for bed, just before he fell asleep he heard Pinkie say from the door “Sleep well Ash. Tomorrow is going to be a super duper fantastic day!” He chuckled in response and fell asleep after a long day.