• Published 29th May 2012
  • 10,604 Views, 660 Comments

Friendship, magic and pokémon - daniboyi



Ash accidentally ends in a new world with talking ponies, who can perform magic and fly.

  • ...
28
 660
 10,604

apologize and cancellation.

To all who read this, I would like to apologize.

To all readers who have written to me about this story and hoped to continue. I would like to give an explanation to why it has taken so long for me to update or even given some news to what will happen to this story.

It has been over a year ago this story have last been updated and I can honestly say I have no real excuse to leaving this story behind for so long and not give any news. I had trouble in school and I mean major trouble. I was close to failing my whole graduation and I needed to study had and stop all forms of distractions and things that caused me to go away from my studies.

I managed to graduate, but it was nearly a failure.

After that… well I have no excuse. I just failed as a writer and I failed all of you, who hoped for new updates and new chapters
The main reason I stopped writing for this story and just sort of forgot about it was that I re-read through it and realized that I had no actual plan for where it were headed and what I would be doing with it in the future. Another reason is my dislike towards how I handled the characters and their personalities. I got a few of them right, but many of them was left behind and barely were mentioned and did not get the time and effort they truly deserved.

So from now on, you can consider this story cancelled. Not due to you or any lack of positive reviews, but because I feel like I failed the story and what kind of vision I had of it, when I first started writing it.

I want to thank all of you for the amazing positive feedback. You gave positive reviews that made me happy and gave me the spirit to write through the harder times. You said what was wrong with my writing and helped me improve massively through it all. You pointed out mistakes I missed, when I wrote the chapters and I could not have asked for better readers and reviews of my story.

I just feel like this story is lacking on a personal level, but I will take this as an experience and hope I will be able to write better stories in the future, because my head is full of ideas and plot-bunnies, that I just desire to put out in work.
Daniboyi. Signing off.

Comments ( 28 )

So sorry to hear of the story difficulties, and school, but congratulations on graduating.

Leave this file on your system, in among all your backups, and smeday in the future you may have an idea you actually like, and take this stry to an ending you actually enjoy.

Write for yourself, not the audience, for we are easily swayed and critical of the good, and distracted easily by dancing kittens in sparkly collars. :pinkiecrazy:

Take it easy, try to live, and do your best not to follow advertising.

Have a cupcake. :pinkiehappy:

6398227 thanks for that. I may or may not return to this story in the future. It honestly depends on my desire to re-write the whole thing, because as it stands now, the story is... disappointing to myself. I know I could have taken better choices and done better.

I could do a remake for you, after the ending of the pokemon series.

I'll replace Pidgeot with Talonflame, Ash's Charizard with Noivern, and Ash's Feraligatr with Greninja.

The last two replacements are my predictions.

It's a what if Ash and Serena are never a couple.

My dear sir, I respect your decision, and applaud your clarity in knowing where your attention should lie, and I will gladly say that it was an honor working with you.
Signed,
The Boost We All Need.

6398378 Thanks. I wanted to thank you for all the help you have given me. You helped me quite a bit with my writing and my grammar.
I couldn't have done so much of this story, without your help.

While I am saddened by the loss of this story, I am greatful you know your limit and hope you do more pokemon crossovers in the future

6398401 jeez that's to bad about this story. Have you ever think of starting over this story just asking that's all? And also congratulations on your school.

You probably have thought about re-writing it at this point. If you do, take it one step at a time.

If not, consider the re-write

Also, should you not...good luck with what you've learned and write you wish.

:pinkiehappy:

*falls to his knees in epic slow motion*

...Sir/madam, it's been a privilege reading with you.

6401769 as said in the final 'chapter', I have more ideas for new stories, so there will be more to see from me in the future.

It is sad that the fic is dead but hay s:yay:t happens and i respect your reason. If only we knew who would win between celstia and :ajsmug:

You know, you don't necessarily need to drop this story in its entirety. If you feel like you could do better with characters and plot, then try to do so. See where your imagination takes you and if you feel like you can make this story more to your liking than what it originally was. I have a feeling that if you redid it, none of us would complain.

Well, it's your choice.
Though I'd really like to know : Can you just say who you were planning to have win between AJ and Celestia ; then between Twilight and Rarity ; between Luna and the one who won round 4 ; then between the two in finale, then between the winner and Ash?

Awwww,,,and I loved this story, too....I was really hoping to find out what happened next.... :fluttercry:

Oh well, good luck in whatever you choose to write next :twilightsmile:

Well, it's sad to see another story ended before it's time. Question though: would you allow anyone to continue it in your stead?

I wanna be the very best like no one ever was, to catch em is my real test to train them is my cause, my whole life has come to this time to test my skills , I know that I just can't miss I'm going to show the world , that I was born to be a winner, born to be a champion, born to be a winner, born to be the very best, born to be a winner, POKEMON.

6401818 do you ever want to continue your story?

6505223 you got it and to be honest I actually need all who wrote to daniboyi to point out the mistakes to pm me as soon as possible.

6895420 You trying to take over the story?

6895475 uh no I actually have a better idea and please pm me on my site mail please so I can explain it to you.

he finds a glowing dish on the top of a mountain.

I think that should be circle.

It is really sad to see this story end so suddenly; I was getting into it. However, I respect your choice, and wish you the best of luck to your future.
That being said, would you consider passing the torch to someone willing and eager? I have some ideas that I would like to see in this. If yes, then I will start right away, giving you the credit (well, you are a sheer genius) and to the respective companies who own Pokémon and My Little Pony. If you say no... that's ok; I won't hate you. I just wanted to add some ideas that I thought would be nice.
But seriously, thank you so much for all that you've done for us. Amazing work!

I can understand why you want to cancel it. I just hope that you will have the inspiration needed to rewrite this story and do it the way you wanted to do it for your vision for it

I shall still await the day this is rewritten. Until then, I shall carry on.

Login or register to comment