• Published 10th Sep 2015
  • 1,380 Views, 25 Comments

Realms Unite! - Ninyn



Realms Unite is a story that unites other fandom realms. Main Character Nightshade The Gallant Unites the greatest heroes of all time to fight the darkest villain they've ever fought.

  • ...
24
 25
 1,380

Chapter 4 Fairies And Magic

Nightshade landed on his feet and looked at the surroundings. He was standing on a bridge above a nice clear river. All around people ran about doing their business and even a couple performers using their magic. Nightshade could sense all the different abilities that radiated throughout the town…

“GAH!! Elustar!!! I don’t know how to use magic!!” Nightshade yelled aloud catching a few people’s attention. Elustar landed right next to him in the guise of a teenage girl with pine green hair and almond color eyes. Nightshade blushed, “Jeez you look good,” he said.
Elustar smiled and put a hand on Nightshade’s chest.

A yellow light shined bright and three cards appeared before him, “I give you three choices when it comes to the magical realm. You’ll be gaining universal magic. Your counterpart Dragnite can imagine weapons and creatures when he casts a spell. The creatures and weapons become real and life like. However he cannot imagine opponents away. The limit to the magic is three to five items at a time while with creatures only two with one weapon otherwise the user passes out depending on their stamina and concentration level. Dragnite can summon two weapons at once while summoning three creatures without breaking a sweat,” she explained wagging a finger at Nightshade.

“The three choices, Earth Dragon Slayer Magic, Thunder Demon Slayer Magic, or Energy~” Nightshade cut her off, “The Energy Magic,” he said plainly. Elustar scowled and slapped Nightshade, “No interrupting. Energy Disruption Magic. You can render a mage useless making them rely only on their physical wellbeing. Meaning you can snap your fingers and they’ll be practically powerless against your blades, and yes your blades will keep their abilities in this realm. However they will be mad thinner and stronger than any metal in Fiore,” she said.


Nightshade was tapping his foot impatiently. Elustar laughed and handed Nightshade the purple and silver card which disappeared at his touch sending forth a pulse of pure magic. Nightshade made a * symbol and a rainbow colored seal appeared before him as he targeted Elustar. Elustar grimaced, “You wouldn’t dare,” she growled.

“The opportunity is so tempting but you’re right. A toy to use on you on another time in another place,” Nightshade said with a laugh canceling the spell. Elustar smiled as she disappeared, “Phew… She’d make a terrible enemy,” Nightshade said to himself just as an Ice Arrow flew past his face!

Nightshade turned to see a man with no shirt standing on a frozen patch on the river… *It’s not winter,* Nightshade thought staring at the man. In another instant fire blew past Nightshade lighting his hair, “Ah! Put it out Damnit!” Nightshade yelled patting at the flame. The man with no shirt called, “Ice Make: Ice Lance!” he yelled throwing a lance of snow at Nightshade cooling him off and dousing the fire.

“Seriously Grey?! He had it all under control! Quit stalling and fight me damn you!” A voice shouted. Nightshade wiped the snow off his face, “Magic snow… who would’ve… Never mind…” he said standing up. Nightshade looked to the side and saw a man with pink hair and a scarf tied around his neck, “Geez it’s not really hard to find most of these hero’s… I was expecting at least some kind of hunt!!” Nightshade said bitterly as Natsu sent out a wave of fire at Grey.

“Enough Natsu I think were creeping the new guy out. Besides Master Makarov sent us out here to get him didn’t he?” Grey said. Natsu sucked his fire back in and spat it back into the sky then turned towards Nightshade, “Yea I guess. Elustar told me she recruited you and you were gonna do some kind of show for us. She said to find you right here aimlessly wandering about… She was right… That’s my sister that’s for sure,” he said. Nightshade scowled, *Elustar I’m gonna kill you!!!* He thought darkly.

Natsu smiled wide, “Well stranger come on we need to get you to the guild a.s.a.p.!” he said pulling Nightshade hard and started running down streets like a maniac knocking over civilians and market stands. Nightshade felt like he was going to throw up when they finally stopped at a large building with the guild symbol, “Welcome to your new home pally!” Natsu said viciously while throwing Nightshade through the front door.Nightshade landed face first into a shelf full of liquor which crashed right on top of him as soon as he hit the floor. “Oh my goodness!” A female said lifting the shelf off of Nightshade.

Nightshade looked up to see a beautiful woman with white hair staring down at him, “Uh hi,” he said with a hiccup. Nightshade reeked of boos and felt irritated as he hopped back over the counter to where a waiting Natsu sat, “Eh you’ll be~” Nightshade socked Natsu full on in the face sending him flying across the room.

“That’s *hic* for throwing *hic* me!” Nightshade yelled as he felt the liquor and smell get lifted off of him. Nightshade turned around to see another woman standing next to the white haired one with a cross look, “There is to be no rough housing in our guild new guy!!” she yelled throwing a punch at Nightshade. Everyone in the guild yelled in panic but Nightshade changed his stance quick and caught the woman’s punch. Every-one in the building paled.

“He just caught Erza’s punch!!” Natsu yelled. Nightshade stared at the women named Erza with a glare that matched hers, “He started it. *Hic* So I *hic* finished it. Stand down please. *hic* after all since it’s my first time entering the guilds main hall of the guild,” Nightshade said plainly. Erza pulled her fist away, “I won’t forget this,” she said walking out the front doors.

Natsu stood next to Nightshade rather shakily, “Dude… That was awesome!!!” he yelled with glee. Nightshade sighed, “It was nothing. I hate being pushed around by women. Especially ones who think they can micro-manage other people’s lives at a twist of her hand,” he said.

“Hey what’s the problem going on down there?!” a voice called down to the guild members. Nightshade looked up to see a scrawny man jump down and land on the bar counter with a light landing.

“Forgive us Master Makarov. This man got thrown into the guild by Natsu and Erza tried to teach the man a lesson with a fight…. However this man stood up to Erza with a strong bite in his words,” the white haired girl said cutely.

Makarov smiled, “Did you now boy? Tell me what is your name sir?” he asked politely to Nightshade. Nightshade smiled, “My name is Revan Malik. My nickname amongst peers is Nightshade. I’ve come humbly at the request of Elustar Dragneel to join your guild,” he said. Makarov smiled, “Pleasure to meet someone who actually has the back bone to stand up to Erza. Take nothing too seriously with her my boy. She’s just rather~” Nightshade cut him off, “Controlling?” he asked.

Makarov laughed, “Ooh I like this one Mirajane he’s funny. Welcome to Fairy Tail Nightshade!” he said. The rest of the guild member’s cheered welcoming their new friend in arms. Natsu took Nightshade on a tour of the guild showing and explaining to him the rules (as he would consider them). Nightshade stopped at the Job board and looked at several of the jobs listed, “So we pick one of these jobs and get rewarded?” he asked.

Natsu was about to answer when a girl with blonde hair came through the door and threw a shoe at him, “NATSU!!!” she yelled. Natsu sighed, “Oh here we go…” he said with a groan, “Let me guess~” The girl cut him off, “My rents due in two weeks and I’m 100,000 jewels short!!” she wailed. Natsu grimaced and looked at the girl with a shake of his head, “Then why don’t we take a job Lucy?!” he yelled.

Lucy scowled, “Only if you pick the job this time! I picked the last three jobs!!” she said. Nightshade intervened, “Well I’m new here so if you don’t mind could I pick this job?” he asked politely. Lucy’s expression softened as she saw Nightshade, “Oh hi. I take it you’re the new member everyone’s been talking about,” she said.


Nightshade sighed, “Yeah yeah that’s me. Don’t get all dramatic like these guys did,” he said pointing at Natsu and the other guild members. Lucy smiled, “Don’t worry there not~” Master Makarov appeared on the railing above, “Quickly Natsu, Nightshade get up here fast!!” he yelled. Nightshade looked to Natsu who merely shrugged as they started up the stairs.
Makarov sat on a couch with a dark expression across his face, “Sit…” he said very seriously.

Nightshade and Natsu sat while Makarov looked up at them both, “I don’t know the entire situation but Elustar, your sister Natsu, has called for your aid in the southern mountains. She sent an urgent message using teleportation. Apparently Elustar Dragnite has been captured by a dark being they encountered on their way back from a vacation they had planned,” he said taking a breath.

Natsu’s expression hardened, “Why Dragnite?” he asked. Makarov sighed, “It seems the man wishes to take away Dragnite’s magic… permanently and make it his own magic,” he said. Natsu’s aura of fire appeared and it began to burn the couch slightly.

Nightshade put a hand on Natsu, “We’ll go. Why I’m needed I’m not really~” Makarov cut Nightshade off, “You aren’t needed… I’m sending you for a test run to see if you truly are what Elustar says you are. I will not explain the details now. All that you need to know is that I’m counting on the both of you to cooperate and save Dragnite from this fiend… If it helps… The man said his name was Roark….Roark Lindrake,” Makarov said.

Nightshade’s sentient eye’s flared to life sending out a small shock wave of power pushing both Natsu and Makarov back. Natsu had never felt such power before, “If it’s this important then we’ll go immediately,” he said. Nightshade nodded, “If we’re gonna go then we’re gonna go my way,” he said grabbing Natsu by the shoulder.



“I’m sorry for breaking any rules,” Nightshade said aloud. Makarov looked at Nightshade curiously, “What do you~” before he could finish Nightshade teleported himself and Natsu away. Makarov sniffed then smirked, “Good luck you two… Nightshade I believe you’re more than welcome back to my guild. He’s quite impatient and headstrong. He’s an excellent choice… Elustar,” Makarov said as Elustar appeared from a room on the side.

“How will they know the difference?” Makarov asked. Elustar smiled, “They won’t until I let them know. My magic will keep the Dopple Ganger intact as long as she doesn’t take any severe injuries. If she does… well poof! She’ll disappear and we’ll have two seriously pissed off men when they are finished,” she said. Makarov smiled, “I’m sure it’s nothing you can’t handle my dear. Now how about we have a round of checkers and some tea!” he said merrily. Elustar smiled, “I’d like that very much. I need a little “relaxation” from the palace anyhow,” she said with a laugh.

Far out in the snowy mountains Nightshade wore a dark cloak with Natsu close behind him, “Let’s show Roark what it means to mess with a member of The Fairy Tail Guild!!” Natsu yelled. Nightshade nodded knowing that whatever the cost he would defeat Roark and save Dragnite…

Elustar stood at the top of a mountain in a winter pattern coat waiting for the boys to arrive, “Glad you two made it here so quickly. I’m guessing Makarov told you most of the details?” she asked. Nightshade nodded and Natsu just grimaced, “Ok we’re here now where the hell is this guy at?!” Natsu shouted. Elustar scowled then kicked Natsu in the face, “You idiot you could bring the whole mountain down right on top of us!” she said darkly.

Natsu scowled but nodded regardless, *Note to self… Never ever get on Elustar’s bad side,* Nightshade thought. Elustar pulled out a set of grappling hooks from her pack and drove them into the side of the cliff, “Come on. This is probably the safest way we can get down,” she said.

Natsu sighed and started to climb down, “Your turn,” Elustar said winking at Nightshade. “No. I want you and Natsu to go down first. I don’t trust you when it comes to these situations mainly for your tricks,” Nightshade said crossing his arms. Elustar giggled, “Oh you party pooper. Well then ta ta!” she said descending down the rope quickly. Nightshade looked down then at the town they were heading towards, “I hate these kinds of missions,” he said as he began to climb down the rope.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Past the town Roark paced an abandoned military base with hundreds of Exion demons at his command patrolling the area. Elustar Dragnite hung from the ceiling with magical cuffs around his wrists and ankles and a spear protruding through both of his legs and arms.

“It’s only a matter of time…” Roark said stopping for a moment to stare up at the curious mage. Dragnite stared back at Roark with a menacing expression, “Why are you doing this?” he asked. Roark turned away, “Be quiet you…” he growled. Dragnite snorted, “Whatever it is my guild will stop~” he swallowed his word’s as Roark snapped his fingers activating the cuffs effects which electrified Dragnite and sapped away some of his life-force.

“For every time you disobey you shall be punished and a little bit of your life-force will be taken away giving my demons more energy to supply them with. I despise heroes and there meaning to the light. You will be the first to fall out of my enemies within the realms,” Roark said maliciously. Elustar coughed with pain as the remaining electricity left him numb and very exhausted.

“Sir a disturbance amongst the~” A demon said as Roark turned and cut its head off with a single swipe of his sword, “Idiots! I do not need to be told of the conditions or enemies we might be dealing with! I am the Lord of Shadows! I know everyone’s movements and fears!” Roark yelled absorbing the remnants of the demons body and essence.

Dragnite chuckled, “Temper temper heheheh….” He said quietly. Roark turned as he withdrew his sword and continued his pacing, “One by one each of the pieces fall into line… Sidious, Awkright, Madaara…. There is no need to try and confront the dark essence of this world… Zeref is…. To concerned about his own endeavors than the realms and this world… I’ll respect his opinions and head off towards the Ki Realm next I suppose. Equestria would be too fortified at the moment for me to take any major actions against it even if I had Tirek at my side…” he said.

Dragnite listened closely taking in every detail, *either you’re a crazed lunatic or you’re actually a real piece of work,* he thought. The outside walls were heavily guarded all around and Dragnite knew this all too well, *There’ll be no easy way in or out of this one Elustar…. I hope you brought the right people for this kind of mission,* he thought sadly.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Within the town Nightshade and the others entered a tavern to avoid the blizzard however Nightshade wasn’t enjoying the break. “This storm is exactly what we need to attack Roark…” he said. Natsu sighed, “I know what ya mean but my sis has a real bad attitude and she says it’ll be better if we attack without cover. Whatever she means by that I have no idea,” he said.

Nightshade sighed and went to the counter as Elustar and Natsu both used the bathroom. The keeper looked at Nightshade and smiled, “Good to see you again my friend,” he said. Nightshade turned to see the man wearing a black fedora with a blood red feather and an eye patch. Long grey hair…. “Raven!” Nightshade yelled in surprise.

Raven Reznov smiled, “I can see you’re sentient training holds no bounds does it my friend?” he asked. Nightshade turned red, “Shut up! You know we can’t talk about this~” Raven cut him off by pushing a button sending both of them through a tunnel under the bar, “You were saying?” Raven asked smiling mischievously.

Nightshade chuckled, “Always with the hidden passages. You know what I’m talking about. Just because you have access to other realms for business and other purposes doesn’t mean you can go about yelling important things like this!” he said. Raven laughed and lifted his eye patch to look at Nightshade with a full chummy expression, “No one pays attention to such things around here. Hence why I’ve made my first establishment in this realm right here. Not to mention it’s far out of the magic councils reach even though they have no real protection or jurisdiction over my merry crew,” he said tossing a green bottle to Nightshade.

Nightshade looked at the bottle and was about to uncork it, “No no no! Do not under any circumstances drink this concoction until you reach that military base farther away from the town!” Raven yelled.

Nightshade looked at the bottle and shrugged tossing it into his cloak’s inter-dimensional pocket, “How did you know where we were heading?” he asked with a smug grin. Raven laughed twirling a dagger, “Please did you forget who you’re talking to?” he asked.
Nightshade sighed smiling, “No I did not I’m just pulling an old friends chain while it’s still connected to whatever sanity he has left stored under that ridiculous hat of his,” he said. Raven chuckled pushing a button bringing the two to the outside of the tavern.

Raven stood in a leather vest, black cargo pants, and a mithril under shirt with the deadly whip Aireo and a slightly modified elemental belt connected magically to the whips handles, “New accessories?” Nightshade asked.

Raven put his eye patch down and winked, “Always ever changing my dear Nightshade, always. Now let’s hurry on and catch up to your friends!” Raven said pulling Nightshade into another dimensional pocket and reappearing in front of Natsu and Elustar.

Elustar smiled at the sight of the mercenary, “I was wondering when I’d see you again Reznov,” she said. Raven smiled and tipped his hat, “Tis a pleasure to see you again Lady Elustar,” he said with a bright smile. Nightshade and Natsu both scowled, *Kiss up,* they thought.

“So you will be accompanying us this mission then?” Elustar asked. Raven nodded as he drew out his bronze cutlass “Mirage.” Natsu snorted and started stomping off towards the Military Base.

Demons lined the gates and stood at the ready as Natsu appeared, “Fire Dragon’s: Roar!!!” he yelled letting forth a great wave of fire that sent the first line of demon’s to their knees. Elustar jumped ahead and sent forth a shockwave of magic that ripped the demons I half. Raven merely pulled forth a wand in his free hand and pointed it at random targets and let fly with magic missiles in all directions with a smug grin spread across his face.

Nightshade jumped onto the actual walls where turrets were set up with multiple guards. The first line of turrets fell to a wave of fire and lightning from Shin Ryu while a massive guard with a hulking flamberge attacked Nightshade from behind only to feel the bite of Nightshade’s other blade Shiekatsu Ryu.

Nightshade felt the life-force of the guard flow into him as the guard fell and shattered from Shiekatsu’s Tundra Glaze. More demons lined the court yard and Elustar jumped into the middle of it with an aura of magic blazing brightly causing some demons to back away nervously. Magical tendrils flew around Elustar as she grabbed hold of them she lashed out at the demon’s ripping away limbs and disintegrating them on impact from the magic.
Natsu watched as his sister tore away at the enemy with a rage he’d never seen before.

Nightshade stood between two more massive guards and activated his sentient mode. One guard sent forth a barrage of spikes with his magic but Nightshade focused on his magic and made a* formation canceling out the guards attack. The other guard launched himself at Nightshade with a broad axe. Nightshade dropped to his back and pushed off of the snow and slid under the guard. The guards axe pierced through the stone as Nightshade quickly hopped up and stabbed the guard in the back with both blades.


The guard yelled in pain as he grabbed behind him and threw Nightshade off his back. Nightshade’s blades were still stuck protruding through the man’s ribs. Nightshade dashed forward and used Sarominae Necarose to knock the guard back while ripping the broad axe out of the ground and swung it into the guard’s stomach.

The guard fell to the ground sending the axe completely through his stomach and out of his back. Nightshade pulled his sword’s free and examined the rest of the base’s defenses, “Don’t even bother my friend. It’s obvious that most of the defenses were sent out to stall our arrival but he did not expect four of us. We have the advantage to bad only three of us are leaving this area at the current time,” Raven said standing on a watch tower above Nightshade.
Nightshade smiled knowing what Raven meant, “Are you sure you can do that with the way things are around here?” he asked.

Raven jumped down and smiled, “A couple of enchantments here and there and I can make this land as beautiful as the Isle of Light back home,” he said smiling. Nightshade smiled back remembering his old home within the Zodiac Realm… Colorful and flourishing with life…
The four quickly ran deep into the base cutting down however remaining demons and guards there were left within the building until they reach a large chamber where they saw Dragnite hanging from the ceiling and Roark with a shadow blade in his grasp.

“It’s about time,” Roark said disgusted raising his blade. Nightshade charged forward his blade’s radiating with power but Roark flicked his finger towards Nightshade sending him tumbling backwards towards the group. Nightshade got to his feet, *He’s a lot stronger than before,* he thought.

Roark walked down from the higher ground and kept his eyes on Elustar, “I must say I’m rather disappointed in the both of you. I was expecting something more challenging than your meager powers. Elustar smiled, “You’ll get your challenge I promise you that… Dragnite now!!” she yelled. Roark turned to see Dragnite easily break the chains holding him and clip on of Nightshade’s earrings on. Nightshade clipped his earring on and the two flew towards each other and became one.

Nightshade’s magical aura radiated higher than before as the summoned armor and a new form a Shiekatsu Ryu and Shin Ryu as scimitars with ancient runes etched into their sides. Roark grimaced and brought his sword forward to strike but Natsu quickly charged under his strike and punched him in the gut knocking him off balance. Raven walked between the three fighters, “Enough… Nightshade you’ve got what you’ve came for now go. I’ll handle things from this point forward. Do you understand?” he asked.

Nightshade nodded and canceled his enchantments reverting his blades back to their sabre forms. Elustar looked from Raven to Nightshade, “Are you sure?” she asked. Natsu was about to speak but Raven pulled forth his feather and twirled it around sending forth a wave of purple mist that sent Natsu into a peaceful sleep, “Don’t worry about me. I promise we’ll see each other soon,” he said. Nightshade nodded as he picked up Natsu and walked near Elustar.
Roark sneered and charged forward, “NO! You will all fight me here and now whether you want to or not!!!” he yelled. Raven quickly blocked Roark’s path and punched him squarely in the jaw knocking him back a couple steps.

Elustar opened a portal and pulled Nightshade through it heading back towards the guild entrance. The portal began to close and Roark got back to his sense’s and charged once more. Raven pulled Aireo from its clip and clicked a button releasing the whips tension revealing its full length. Raven whipped his arm forward and caught hold of Roark’s leg pulling him off his feet and back towards Raven as the portal sealed shut. Roark batted the whip away and roared with furry, “You insolent fool!!” he yelled bringing his blade around. Raven took off his eye patch and his eye’s turned black and blue. Roark brought his blade down but Raven quickly disappeared into a pool of shadows. Roark blinked and turned to find Raven standing with two whips instead of one now.

Roark smiled, “I can see your man of great talents. Why not join me and destroy~” Raven laughed hard, “You honestly believe you can talk me into something like that? Destroying realms means no business, no profit and no fun. Sorry but I’ve chosen my side and I know what is right even if I am a mercenary leader,” he said flicking his wrists causing the whips to snap forward sending sparks of electricity from them.

Roark jump high and Raven‘s left eye turned red and the left whip changed to its fire element. Roark brought forth another shadow blade and slashed forward but Raven turned in a rapid circle sending up a wall of fire and lightning knocking Roark back.

Raven jumped out of the vortex and slammed both his whips into Roark with a great swing. Roark coughed and gagged as several rib’s broke from the impact. Raven withdrew the whips quickly and charged with his cutlass as Roark rose to his feet to attack. Raven slid to his knee’s dodging Roark’s attack then came around with a blue wand in hand and sent forth a bolt of ice and sending forth a glacier pike into Roark’s right leg.

Roark grunted in pain but called to the shadows and removed the pike and healed the wound. Turning towards Raven, Roark took a deep breath and sent forth a dark wave of energy at him from his mouth. Raven jumped up high in the air and used on of his whips to latch onto the ceiling and swing around.

Roark flew up high and tried to strike at Raven but Raven turned and released his whip and threw a silver dagger at Roark hitting him directly in the stomach. The silver blade burned as his dug into Roark, “Poison?!” Roark yelled.

Raven didn’t hesitate as he charged forward and stabbed forward with his cutlass and pulled the knife free to stab Roark again through the back. Roark screamed in pain and turned to swipe at Raven but found the mercenary making a * sign and a very bright light emitted from the seal, “Witness what a low life such as myself can do!!” he yelled.

Roark rose to his feet and began to form a barrier but Raven threw several knives which pierced through Roark’s arms and legs. Raven used all his might and sent out a great wave of energy from his seal which began to rip away at Roark’s being. Roark wailed in agony feeling the sting of this man’s power.

A shadow extended over the room and Awkright appeared before his master blocking the spell, “You should have waited a little while longer,” he said helping Roark to his feet. Roark glared at Awkright then sighed as Raven canceled out his attack.

“You may have one Nightshade and the sentients sometime this round mercenary but mark my words. One way or another I will win,” Roark said. Raven smiled, “You obviously don’t know Nightshade that well. I can guarantee you one thing and that’s Nightshade’s will and power to never give up. Look me in the eyes and tell me I’m lying when I say this. Nightshade will win and you will fall…” he said glaring at Roark and Awkright.

Roark laughed, “We shall see,” he said as Awkright and he melted into the shadows. Raven sighed, “Well now that this little place time to do some reorganizing!” he said with a chuckle. Pulling out a magical chart Raven began drawing schematics and plans to rebuild and decorate the military base to his specifications.

Back at the Fairy Tail guild Elustar and Nightshade sat in front of Makarov after explaining all the details of their encounter. Makarov closed his eyes and thought real hard, “I’ll have the other guilds set up defenses around the globe to ensure our security… I understand that you need at least one mage at your side in this fight. I recommend~” Nightshade cut Makarov off, “Forgive me Master but I request the assistance of Natsu, and Natsu alone,” he said.

Makarov opened his eyes and slowly lifted his head to meet Nightshade’s gaze, “Are you certain of your decision?” he asked. Nightshade nodded, “Natsu will be a link in the chain of allies I am recruiting for this quest. He alone will be able to hold our team together should….. Should I fall before the final battle,” he said.

Makarov smiled, “An excellent choice… I will not argue with your choice in the matter. If you’re confident in Natsu then I am confident in you. Good luck on your quest and may the lights shine down upon you in the final battle. Farewell,” he said walking off into another room shutting the door behind him.

Nightshade smiled then looked to a very pale Elustar, “What do you mean “if” you should fall?” she asked. Nightshade smirked, “The future is never clear in our eyes… If something dire happens I want Natsu to take my place. Kenobi and Skywalker act like mentors, Naruto and Sasuke have major issues to settle before they fully take charge of any situation. Natsu is strong willed and has a good heart. He knows what it means to lose and has no regrets,” he said.

Elustar smiled, “That sounds like Evanstone or Dragnite talking,” she laughed. Nightshade smiled walking towards the guild entrance, “It could be some part of their conscious… Either way my words stand clear and true. Natsu will lead should I fall,” he said.

Elustar smiled and followed behind Nightshade heading towards the bridge they had arrived on. Natsu sat waiting on a bench snoozing away the afternoon with Lucy on his shoulder as well. “Natsu, Wake up!!” Elustar shouted jolting the two awake.

Natsu scratched his head and stretched, “Yes sis?” he asked. Lucy looked at Nightshade and Elustar still dazed, “What’s going on?” she asked. Nightshade frowned, *It’s obvious these two are really close,* he thought as a blue cat landed beside Lucy. "Natsu you know what Nightshade is and what he’s asked you to do correct?” Elustar asked. Natsu nodded, “Aye,” He said.

“Do you accept?” Nightshade asked. Natsu smiled and rose to his feet, “It sounds like an awesome opportunity. You can definitely count me in! I’m getting fired up just thinking about fighting that shadow creep again!” he said.

Lucy and the cat looked at Natsu, “Where are you going?” the cat asked sadly. Natsu turned and smiled at the cat, “Happy I need you to keep an eye on Lucy and the guild until I get back ok. I’m going on a quest with Nightshade… I may not come back for a while, ok?” he asked the cat. Happy nodded, “Aye!” he said.

Lucy looked to Natsu with worry, “What’s the reward?” she asked. Natsu smirked and turned towards Lucy kissing her on the forehead causing her to blush, “Lucy please stay out of trouble… This quest is to save billions of lives not just here but in other Realms all together. I can’t have any one else come with me because they might get hurt and I can’t allow that. Be safe… and I promise I’ll come back,” he said.

Lucy’s eyes were glazed over with tears as she yelped embracing him in a strong hug, “Y-you better come back dragon breath!” she said. Natsu looked into her eyes and winked, “You know it,” he said turning as Elustar and Nightshade opened a portal to the sentient palace.

“RAH!!! NATSU!!” A female voice shouted. Nightshade and the others turned to see Erza coming down from a building with a blazing fist. Nightshade stepped in front of Natsu and blocked Erza’s strike, “Ngh!” Erza grunted. “Sorry Erza but there’s no beating my defense,” he said.

Grey came from around the corner, “Heard from Master Makarov you’re going on a journey, eh? We came to see you off. Good luck on the journey and you’d better come back alive. We still have a score to settle remember?” he said with a smirk. Natsu nodded and shook hands with Grey, “You can count on it!” he said with a smile.

Erza snorted and pulled back her punch, “You better take care of him you understand?” she asked. Nightshade nodded, “You have my word. When I return you and I can also finish out match,” he chuckled. Erza smiled, “I’m looking forward to it,” she said. Natsu said his final goodbyes stepping through the portal after Nightshade and Elustar.

Elustar looked at both men with a smile, *Five out of twelve heroes so far. The journey’s getting more and more interesting with each encounter… Roark’s powers are growing ever stronger… When the final battle arrives, how will you defeat Roark, Nightshade?* she thought as they entered the sentients main hall.

Author's Note:

Alright. For whoever is disliking this story because there are no ponies. It's because ponies don't appear till a little later in the story!! I Promise this has ponies in it. PLEASE leave a review. ~Ninyn