• Published 10th Sep 2015
  • 1,380 Views, 25 Comments

Realms Unite! - Ninyn



Realms Unite is a story that unites other fandom realms. Main Character Nightshade The Gallant Unites the greatest heroes of all time to fight the darkest villain they've ever fought.

  • ...
24
 25
 1,380

Chapter 11 Friendship Is Magic

Glade didn’t know what to think as the wind and trees ripped at his face with this pink party pony leading the ride. Mind you Glade loved the way the forest smelled and looked rather beautiful in its own way. Glade forgot his sentient eyes were active and he sensed a great power residing within the forest.

*No not energy… Magic!* Glade thought in his mind. Pinkie stopped the canon at the edge of the forest looking back at Glade, “What’s wrong?” she asked noticing his serious expression. Glade snapped out of his trance as deactivating his Sentient Mode, “Sorry about that Pinkie I just felt something very powerful within the forest. Any idea what that is?” he asked.

Pinkie giggled, “You must be talking about the Tree of Harmony. It’s one of the most magical things in all of Equestria! Twilight found the tree and is still trying to figure out how to open the chest that it sprouted. Now come on and let’s go meet Twilight fast!” she squealed.

Glade tried to speak but Pinkie pulled on him fast running past other ponies. Glade looked around and he realized Pinkie’s canon was nowhere to be seen, “Where did your canon go?!” he asked. Pinkie smiled mischievously and pulled it out of nowhere! Glade facehoofed himself, “Not another one…” he sighed realizing what Pinkie could do.

Pinkie smiled and dragged Night Glade along to a great tree that sat within the middle of the town, “OOOOH Twilight! Anypony home?” she yelled. From within the tree Night Glade heard, “Spike! Spiike get the door please!” as the door opened a small reptilian greeted them with a smile.

“Oh hey Pinkie Pie! Who’s the stiff?” the reptile asked. Pinkie laughed, “Spike this is Night Glade. He’s new to Equestria and even better he’s an Alicorn that guards the night! Glade this is my friend Spike he’s a baby Dragon!” she said. Glade smiled, “A baby dragon huh? Pretty cool to me, brohoof?” he asked.

Spike smiled and bumped Glade’s hoof, “Come on in, I’m sure Twilight would be thrilled to meet another Alicorn besides the Princesses,” he said. Glade sighed and rolled his eyes, *Oh great multiple damsels,* he thought.

“Twilight get down here please! Pinkie’s brought a new guest to Ponyville! I think you’re going to like this guest!” Spike called with a chuckle. Glade heard a groan from the second floor as a lavender coated Alicorn with a violet mane and a pink stripe walk down the stairs, “Hi there Pinkie who’s your-!” Twilight stopped short as she noticed the Stallion behind Pinkie.

Glade smiled, “Hi there! My name is Night Glade and I’m new to Equestria. I was brought here by Lady Star Bright Silver to meet the famous Princess Twilight Sparkle,” he said. Twilight couldn’t find any words and she felt her heart to race, *What’s happening to me? Has he put me under a spell?! Wait no I’d feel his magic being used before he even used it!* she thought feeling the throbbing in her chest.

With a great heave Twilight straightened herself, “P-pleased to meet you Glade. M-my my Star Bright sent you to meet m-me?” she stuttered. Glade chuckled, “Yes you and your companions known as the Elements of Harmony haha. Tell me when can I meet the rest of your friends?” he asked.

Twilight turned and scowled, *Oh gee…* she thought darkly. Turning back to Glade Twilight smiled, “I’m sure we can go on a tour of the town before you meet all of them. If Lady Star Bright sent you it must be for a greater purpose am I right?” she said Glade smiled uneasily, *You have absolutely no idea,* he thought.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Star Bright sipped on her tea within Zecora’s hut enjoying the relaxation, “My my I never thought Pinkie would’ve been the one to discover Glade first,” she said. No response, “Oops I completely forgot I’m all alone right now,” Star Bright said aloud.

“Not entirely!” A voice called. Star Bright looked behind her to see a blue haired unicorn with red eyes and a white coat, “You seem to be enjoying yourself Star Bright,” he said. Star Bright smiled, “You look so adorable Odion!” she giggled. Odion scowled, “You know as much as I do how much I hate this form!” he yelled. Star Bright giggled as she planted a kiss on Odions cheek, “You’re so silly. Since Zecora’s not here why don’t we have some personal “alone” time,” she said with a mischievous smile.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back in Ponyville Pinkie Pie left to gather the rest of Twilight’s friends while Glade went on tour with Twilight. Glade was getting a headache from her constant rambling about science and books, “Listen Twilight um is there any other place you can show me besides the town? You know… Some place fancy?” he asked out of sheer desperate measures.

Twilight looked back at him and noticed the tone in his voice and sighed, “You know I knew you wouldn’t be interested in stuff like this. Don’t worry once Pinkie’s done gathering everyone were heading to Canterlot. Which reminds me do you have any money for the train Glade?” she asked.

Glade looked to the pack Zecora had given him before leaving the hut and reached inside. Pulling out something that felt lumpy Glade pulled out a hoof full of golden coins, “Perfect!” Twilight said. Glade sighed with relief, *I owe you one Zecora,* he thought as they continued towards the train station.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deep within the Canterlot Catacombs Awkright appeared in a dark form similar to his demonic wolf form but he was standing on two legs instead of all fours. Awkright smiled as he stepped further into the cave finding some ponies who were mining the crystals within the catacombs, “Perfect,” Awkright growled.

The ponies heard a low growl and turned to see a large wolf like creature on two legs around the bend, “RUN!” one pony said. A light yellow Pegasus with a green mane stood his ground, “I’m not afraid! Bring it on big bad!” he yelled.

One of the other ponies fleeing looked back to the Pegasus, “Noel you’ll get killed come on!!” he yelled. Noel smiled, “I’m not gonna run. Something about this thing isn’t natural and I can’t allow this thing to reach the surface!!” he yelled.

Awkright smiled down on the Pegasus and snapped his jaws, “You will be my first meal little pony!” he yelled. Noel smiled and began to hum a melodic tune that began to shake the entire complex! Boulders fell as Awkright lunged at Noel but a magical barrier sent him flying back.

Noel’s eyes sparkled with a golden light as his melodic tune began to turn dark. Stalagmite’s ripped from the complex and circled around Noel as he pointed a hoof at Awkright sending the pikes in his direction. Awkright got to his feet and swatted the pikes away and charged at Noel.

Noel’s eyes began to shine brighter looking as if he was on fire! Awkright roared with fury sending out a wave of black fire onto Noel knocking far away into a large pillar causing the ceiling above to collapse on top of him! “Noel!” The pony at the entrance yelled!

Awkright turned and shadow dashed to the pony and slashed his mighty claws over the pony’s throat causing the pony to topple over and bleed uncontrollably! Awkright roared with victory as he dragged the body away and had a feast fit for his wild hunger!

Noel pushed up sorely wounded and limped away trying to escape the foul demons gaze and warn the surface of the oncoming disaster! Deep within the darkness slurping and crunching noises could be heard echoing throughout the catacombs.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Glade sat in the train waiting for Twilight and her friends to board, “What have I gotten myself into?” Glade asked aloud. The door to Glade’s coach opened up and a pony with a tan coat, brown mane and an hour glass for a cutie mark walked past with a blonde pony with odd eyes strolling behind him, “Come along now assistant there’s trouble afoot in Canterlot! We must hurry with all haste!” The tan pony said.

The blonde pony giggled, “Whatever you say Doctor!” she said. The Doctor sighed, “Honestly Derpy my dear this is of the utmost importance! The entire safety of Equestria hangs in the balance!” he said. Derpy sighed, “I’m sorry Doctor…” she said,

The Doctor’s expression softened, “I’m sorry my dear I didn’t mean to sound so strict… Come on I’ll go buy you a muffin. Alright my dear?” he asked. Derpy looked up and smiled giving The Doctor a kiss on the cheek, “Of course it is dear!” she said.

Glade absorbed every ounce of information he could from The Doctor’s tone and demeanor, “Sounds like I’ve arrived in the nick of time,” he mumbled. Twilight, Pinkie and four other ponies walked in behind her and sat across from Glade except for Pinkie she sat next to him with a big smile on her face.

“Well girls I’d like to introduce you to Night Glade. He’s an ambassador sent here from a faraway place by Lady Star Bright Silver. She believes he’ll be an excellent asset to our trip to Canterlot. It just so seems to happen that a great terror has emerged from the depths of the Canterlot Catacombs and it… *gulp* ate somepony whole!” she said.

The other girls gasped and Glade just got this serious expression on his face, “What did this abomination look like?” he asked. Twilight looked at Glade and sighed, “A black wolf that stood on two legs, and the survivor claimed it hate black and red eyes… I’ve never heard of such a creature that existed in Equestria! We don’t know anything about it let alone how to tame or defeat it!” she yelled.

The cyan Pegasus got up and put a hoof on Twilight, “Don’t worry Twi we’ll find a way to stop it!” she said. Twilight sighed, “I hope you’re right Rainbow…” she said. Glade smiled, “So before we go trotting off to our doom how’s about you girls introduce yourselves to me?” he asked with a smile.

The pony on the left had an orange coat and a blonde mane, “Name’s Applejack and I’m pleased to meet ya’ Night Glade. You sure did leave an impression on Pinkie here. She wouldn’t stop talking about the magic you cast back in the Everfree Forest,” she said. Glade smiled, *She reminds me of Caster,* he thought.

The next pony was a unicorn with a purple mane and white coat, “Well Glade my dear I am Rarity Belle and it’s an honor to meet a friend of Lady Star Bright. You must be a stallion the ladies adore eh?” she said with a wink. Glade felt his sense’s spark, *Oooh boy,* he thought a little nervously.

The cyan Pegasus smiled, “Name’s Rainbow Dash and I’m one of Equestria’s best flyers! It’s a pleasure to meet you! Just so we’re clear if you ever wanna challenge me to a race you are so on! I mean it’s not every day you meet a boy Alicorn!” she said.

The final pony was a yellow coated Pegasus with a pink mane that was trembling with fear, “Umm is everything ok?” Glade asked. The Pegasus squeaked, “Forgive her Glade this is out friend Fluttershy. She’s a little nervous meeting new pony’s. Especially ponies of great importance,” Twilight said.

Glade sighed and lowered his voice into a more gentle tone, “I’m pleased to meet you Fluttershy. Don’t worry about little old me. Back where I’m from I have a friend that was just like you when I first met her… She’s one of the greatest friends I could ask for. I hope you and I could be good friends like her and I have someday. Alright.” He said with a cute smile.

Fluttershy looked up at Glade’s face and smiled back, “What’s your friend’s name?” she asked innocently. Glade smiled, “Icisis. She’s a powerful unicorn who specializes in winter magic.” He said. Fluttershy smiled and rose in her seat, “I’m sure she’s very lovely and happy to have a friend like you Glade,” she said giving him a hug.

Glade smiled and blushed a little, “Yea. I feel the same way hehe,” he murmured. The train whistle went off and the conductor appeared, “Last minute passenger’s board now! All aboard!” he shouted. The remaining passengers walked straight through the coach Glade and the girls sat in and Glade turned to Pinkie, “Why are they avoiding this car?” he asked.

Pinkie giggled, “It’s because Twilight’s in the same coach as us. She’s also an Alicorn princess. Other ponies thinks they should avoid royal business unless their called on personally,” she said. Glade nodded, “That’s a silly opinion,” he said. All Pinkie could do was laugh.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shining Armor guarded the main entrance to the castle waiting for direct orders from the princess, *This isn’t fair… Twily shouldn’t be called into action like this… Why must she always be put in harm’s way!* he thought sadly. The castle doors opened and Princess Cadance stepped out and looked at her husband with a sincere smile, “I know what you’re thinking dear and it’s going to be fine. Twilight and her friends can handle themselves just as much as you can handle yourself. Plus an ambassador from far away selected by Lady Star Bright herself is accompanying them. I hear he’s quite the stallion. He’s a rare one of course. He’s a male Alicorn with powers equal to that of Princess Celestia and Princess Luna,” she said.

Shining smiled, “And what about you dear?” he asked with a smug grin. Cadance giggled, “It’s obvious he’s stronger than me and your sister silly. The question where he’s been is the question. His name is Night Glade. An Alicorn with supposedly an unbelievably rare magic that not even Star Swirl the Bearded could have mastered,” she said. Shining nodded, “Then I’m sure glad he’s on our side,” he said as he looked the mountain as the train pulled out of the tunnel arriving at its next destination.

Author's Note:

Why yes I did bring in "The Doctor!" I thought bringing in some side characters would be fun ;) Hope you all enjoyed this chapter. Please leave a review or a comment! ~Ninyn