• Published 10th Sep 2015
  • 1,379 Views, 25 Comments

Realms Unite! - Ninyn



Realms Unite is a story that unites other fandom realms. Main Character Nightshade The Gallant Unites the greatest heroes of all time to fight the darkest villain they've ever fought.

  • ...
24
 25
 1,379

Chapter 13 Castle Defense

Awkright glared as the magical barrier was raised above the castle and growled, "Come to me my Exion followers… Strike swiftly and without mercy… My prize is within my grasp!" he said with a sinister smile.

Exion fodder began to rise from the ground and march onto the barrier. Ponies fled in terror but the demons ignored them. Their master wanted a prize and so they were going to get it! Awkright smiled and roared to the sky, "The time of the realms is at an end," he said smiling.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nightshade sat in the throne room awaiting the other princesses. Twilight sat nervously next to him trying to keep her cool. Nightshade noticed how nervous Twilight was and put his wing over her shoulder, "I'm gonna make sure everything's gonna be a ok. I promise," he said smiling at her.

Twilight blushed and nodded, "So you said you needed our help? What exactly are we supposed to do?" she asked. Nightshade smiled, "I'm going to need you girls to take up the Elements of Harmony once more," he said.

Twilight frowned, "But we can't. The Elements must reside within the Tree of Harmony or we'll lose all of Equestria," she said. Nightshade nodded, "Then I have an idea… It'll be risky but I have a feeling it'll work," he said.

Princess Celestia and Princess Luna entered the throne room and saw Nightshade an Twilight sitting together and scowled, "Who are thou?" asked Princess Luna. Nightshade looked up and saw the Princesses then smiled, "My name is Nightshade. I'm a Sentient. A guardian of the realms. I am here to help protect Equestria on behalf of Lady Star Bright Silver," he said.

The Princesses raised an eye brow, "And where might Lady Star Bright be now?" Princess Celestia asked. Nightshade smirked, "She is residing with Miss Zecora at the present time regaining her strength after our confrontation with the dark sentient Roark Lindrake," he said.

The Princesses frowned and looked to one another, "Who is this Roark?" Princess Celestia asked. Nightshade sighed, "Right now is not the time to be explaining milady. I don't mean to sound rude but we have to set up defenses for the castle. If I may ask Princess please find some place safe for you and your sister. I will handle the demons," he said turning to Twilight.

Twilight scowled, "So do you expect us to run and hide to?" she asked. Nightshade smiled, "I had no intention of asking the elements to hide from danger. The choice is your own Twilight," he said. Rainbow Dash landed next to Nightshade, "No offense but we've handled this kind of stuff before," she said.

Pinkie giggled, "We always face danger together. Especially if it threatens our home!" she said. Applejack put a hoof on Nightshade's shoulder, "We've got your back sugar cube!" she said smiling. Fluttershy stood by Pinkie and looked at Nightshade, "I may not have much to contribute, but I'm willing to help in whatever way I can… If that’s ok that is," she said. Rarity was near tears, "We may not know each other well *sniff* but a bond binds us together and I shall help in this time of need Nightshade. Especially if I get to stand by you," she said batting her eyes.

Nightshade blushed, "Uh yeah eheheh," he said smiling. Twilight blushed red and pushed past Rarity, "So what do you want us to do?" she asked him. Twilight was inches from his face with her eyes boring into his, "Well first I need you to set traps-" Pinkie Pie squealed, "I'll handle that!" she said disappearing.

Nightshade sighed shaking his head, "Does she ever sit still?" he asked. The girls all laughed at him. Nightshade smiled, "Rainbow Dash and Applejack I can tell you're the most athletic ponies here so I need you to take care of the castle walls and help the guards prepare higher defenses.

Turning to Fluttershy and Rarity he thought, "Can you find these specific metals or gems?" he asked them pointing to a projection of topaz, ruby, electric blue sapphire, amethyst, and silver. Rarity looked at the list and nodded, "Silver may be a little tricky to find but there should be some in the gardens if I'm not mistaken. Fluttershy would you be a dear and ask the animals to help us dig these up?" she asked. Fluttershy smiled, "I'd be glad to help," she said smiling.

The ponies began to split but Fluttershy stopped and looked at Nightshade, "What about Twilight?" she asked. Nightshade looked to Twilight, " I guess she'll help me and Shining armor with the barrier," he said smiling. Fluttershy giggled, "Okay," she said quickly leaving to catch up to Rarity.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outside the barrier Awkright snarled and watched as his minions continued pounding away at the barrier. With a growl Awkright planted his legs into the roof and began to charge his dark matter, "Let's see you hold this one back," he said.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nightshade and Twilight both arrived at the main wall where Shining Armor was holding the barrier, "There are so many of them! I can't take much more of their attacks!" he said. Night -shade looked at the barrier as his eyes turned purple with three dots appearing on them, "Let me help you!" he said. Nightshade's horn glowed green as he put up another barrier behind Shining Armor's, "Drop your shield now!" he said.

Shining Armor let go of the barrier and fell back sweating heavily, "Ok change of plans alright?" Nightshade said. Twilight looked to Nightshade, "What do you mean?" she asked. With a smile Nightshade looked at her, "The closer I am to the barrier the stronger it is. However I can't risk leaving the castle walls so I can't leave this spot. I need you and Shining Armor to find Rarity and Fluttershy. Melt down all of the gems and silver into one sphere. Once it's done place it on Princess Celestia's throne! I'll see you there!" he said.

Twilight looked at Nightshade curiously, "You're planning on facing these things alone aren't you?" she asked. Nightshade smiled, "You can see right through me. I'll be fine! Just go!" he yelled.

Twilight nodded and helped Shining Armor to his feet leading him back to the throne room. Shining looked to Twilight, "I understand he's a new friend and all but we need to focus on protecting everypony," he said. Twilight nodded, "I know… I just hope he knows what he's doing," she said.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fluttershy and Rarity had found quite a bit of the gems Nightshade had requested and a tad bit of silver as well. Heading back to the throne room they noticed the change in the barrier and looked at each other a little worried so they ran a little faster towards the throne room where Twilight and Shining Armor sat waiting.

"My dear where is Nightshade at?" she asked. Twilight turned towards them, "He's holding the barrier right now," she said. Rarity and Fluttershy both stood mouths agape, "But we thought you were all going to hold the barrier?" Fluttershy asked. Twilight shook her head sighing, "Shining Armor's barrier was weaker than we thought it was going to be against the demons so Nightshade had me bring him back to the throne room and wait. Rainbow Dash and Applejack both are on opposite sides of the castle and Pinkie Pie still hasn't shown up yet," she said.

` Rarity huffed, "Well what about the gems and silver?" she asked looking to the treasures. Twilight looked at the treasure, "To the forge. Nightshade said we need to melt these down into a spear. The only problem is I don't think there are any forge smiths left down there," she said.

Shining Armor began to stand, "I know how to forge weapons. It was part of my training during cadet school. I'm kind of rusty but I'm sure I can make the spear, it's just gonna require some time," he said. Twilight nodded, "Then let's hurry," she said as they ran to the lower levels of the castle.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nightshade smiled feeling the beat of all the Exion against his barrier and smiled, "Is this all you could muster Awkright?" he asked beginning to sweat a little bit. Looking over the wall and towards the barrier Nightshade noticed a massive energy ball, "Aw crap," he said. Night-shade looked to the unicorn guards all around and used his magic to put a barrier around them individually.

Awkright smiled as he felt the vibrations from his attack surge around him. With a mighty roar Awkright sent the massive energy ball at the barrier. Nightshade focused on the barrier to hold the attack back but the attack was too strong and blew right through Nightshade's barrier knocking all the ponies off the wall!

The ponies landed safely on the ground but Nightshade set up a last ditch effort barrier right in front of himself and pushed the attack back! The dark energy sparked and fought hard against Nightshade causing a massive explosion! Nightshade was sent flying far back into the castle walls as his barrier shattered.

The castle shook greatly from the impact causing massive blocks of stone to fall on Nightshade. The fortress wall was utterly destroyed and Awkright walked past fallen ponies with a sinister smile. "Now it's my turn for a chance at victory!" Awkright said as he blasted open the castle's front door and continued onward to his prize!

Author's Note:

A little suspense. Who's guessed what Awkright's after? I promise it's not the rainbow chest or the elements of harmony. Just remember to keep moving foward and "Pierce Through The Heaven's!" And if you don't know what that quote is from then oh welll! XD Please leave a review or a comment! ~Ninyn