• Published 10th Sep 2015
  • 1,380 Views, 25 Comments

Realms Unite! - Ninyn



Realms Unite is a story that unites other fandom realms. Main Character Nightshade The Gallant Unites the greatest heroes of all time to fight the darkest villain they've ever fought.

  • ...
24
 25
 1,380

Chapter 9 Cold and Dark

Nightshade woke to Star Bright on his bed curled up in her pony form, “Morning sunshine,” he said. Star Bright’s eyes fluttered open and she smiled, “I thought you’d like a little friend to sleep next to you. I heard you murmuring in your sleep. What was the matter?” she asked scratching her head.

Nightshade sighed, “I was thinking about when Saren and Lucius had died… The expressions they held before they died… Now I have a chance to make things right! Roark won’t destroy any of the realms… I promise,” he said. Star Bright smiled, “Then let’s see what the future holds. The others are waiting. You’re fully healed. The final set of heroes lie within my realm. Friendship and Harmony both reside within the realm. There is hardly ever a chance of violence. Please try to act…. Civilized,” she said.

Nightshade chuckled as he got to his feet stretching his limbs. Warmth flowed throughout Nightshade’s body as he got his armor out of his chest but he heard Star, “I don’t think so mister. You have no need for your weapons and armor. Just your under clothing,” she said.

Nightshade sighed and set his armor back down, “Alright,” He said. As Nightshade left the room Star Bright walked over to his armor and weapons, “You’ll get these back in time,” she said with a light smile. Star Bright’s horn ignited as she cast a spell upon Nightshade’s armor and weapons, “When he heals the sun and moon. You shall appear and the real journey will begin,” she said walking out the door.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Naruto and Natsu both sat out in the garden hanging from the trees discussing their realms. In the throne room Sasuke, Obi-Wan, and Anakin practiced their skills against one another. Goku was sleeping in a hammock. Nightshade walked by Naruto and Natsu, “Seems you two are getting along quite well,” he said smiling.

Naruto laughed, “Yeah. It’d be awesome to visit Natsu’s realm! I wonder what kind of magic I could use!” he said. Natsu laughed, “Definitely not fire ha ha! Maybe you’d be a celestial mage like my friend Lucy!” he said. Nightshade laughed, “Well I’m off to the next realm,” he said. Star came trotting by and Naruto shivered, “Man I still can’t get used to that,” he said. Natsu laughed, “Says the guy who can summon talking frogs,” he said.

Nightshade laughed and walked into the throne room, “Well guys this is the final trip. Wish me luck!” he said. Goku got up and walked over by Nightshade and knocked him into a different mirror with a big yawn, “Ah!” Nightshade yelped as everything went black.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Star Bright walked in and looked around, “Where’s-” Obi-Wan spoke quickly, “Goku here knocked him through that portal,” he said pointing at the broken mirror. Star Bright’s ears fell down and her face paled, “That’s… that’s not possible!” she said. Obi-Wan looked Star Bright in the eye, “I would not lie to you milady. It was merely an accident,” he said.

Star Bright shook her head, “That’s not what I mean. That mirror was broken. Shattered beyond repair! That mirror… It leads to the shadow dimension. Not even a full-fledged sentient can enter without all the powers of the realms!” she said. Obi-Wan looked to Goku who merely shrugged, “My bad!” he said.

Star Bright gasped and ran into a mirror with a pony and unicorn standing side by side on top leaving the heroes with unanswered questions.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nightshade felt cold as he opened his eyes to a dark light, “W-Where am I?!” he shouted. Night-shade looked behind him and saw the shattered mirror and tried to walk back through but touched solid glass, “That’s never a good sign… This place… It’s dead, dark, and cold…” he put his hands to his sides and remembered Star Bright had him leave his armor and weapons behind.

A stinger shot out from the dark and grazed Nightshade’s arm and he cried out in pain, “Damnit!” he yelled. A giant scorpion with ruby red eyes stared down at Nightshade. The scorpion’s pincers were glazed in drool, “Either you’ve got rabies or you think I’m your next meal,” he said.

The scorpion sent its stinger forward while snapping with its claws as Nightshade jumped high and tried sending out some energy blasts but they wouldn’t fire. The scorpion’s tail knocked Nightshade back to the ground bruising his back. Next to Nightshade a skeletal body lay with a sword and scabbard.

Nightshade focused on the energy in the realm and forced the scorpion back with a great heave then he dove for the body and grabbed the sword. The scorpion scuttled back and prepared to lunge as Nightshade grabbed the sword by the hilt sending out a great wave of energy throughout the area.

The sword in Nightshade’s hand gave off a red aura and the handle carved with vines and a dark red gem at the bottom of the hilt. The blade itself was red and Nightshade smiled feeling the power that radiated throughout it. The scorpion came back and Nightshade turned slashing forward sending out a violet energy wave! The scorpion was completely ripped in half with a sizzling noise left from the energy wave. The scorpion spilt in half and Nightshade noticed a tiny light in the distance, “Well I might as well go forward,” he said walking off with the sword strapped to his side.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Star Bright had enacted a spell of flight giving her wings in the equestrian realm flying at top speed towards the Everfree forest, *This is not good! How did the shadow dimension open?!* She thought zipping through the forest and stopping before a peculiar tree hut.

Star Bright rapidly knocked on the door, “Oh please, please hurry!” she chirped. A slot on the door opened up, “Star Bright Silver. What an honor it is to see you once more. You may pass my front door,” a pony said from the inside. Star Bright sighed with relief, “Thank you Zecora. I need your help in finding “that” cavern,” she said.

Zecora turned and stared at Star Bright hard. Star Bright frowned, “Before you say anything,” she said casting a spell over Zecora. Zecora looked around and noticed the magic fade, “What was th-?!” Zecora’s rhymes were silenced! Star Bright sighed, “I have no time for riddles. It’s very important that I reach the cavern as soon as possible!” she said.

Zecora nodded and walked to her cupboards, “The cavern has grown more dangerous in your absence Lady Silver. Something dark is stirring from the depths. That much I am certain,” she said. Star Bright nodded, “You’re my most trusted chosen Zecora… I cannot lie to you. Roark has returned,” she said.

Zecora stopped shifting through her cupboards, “The Shadow Lord?” she asked. Star Bright nodded, “Yes, but a new sentient far more talented and far stronger than Cyrus has risen to fight the coming darkness. His name is Night-” Star Bright stopped, *Pony name… pony name…* she thought quickly looking to the glade beyond Zecora’s hut, “Night Glade,” she said.

Zecora nodded pulling forth a dusty and moth bitten scroll, “Here is the map… Is there anything else I can help you with?” she said. Star Bright unrolled the map and examined the path, “Yes… I will need you to accompany me into the cavern… I need a pony more adjusted the caverns terrain than myself,” she said.

Zecora nodded pulling forth two packs from her closet, “Luckily I am always prepared for these situations. I hope you are more than ready for the tasks ahead,” she said. Star Bright nodded, “With you by my side there’s nothing that’ll be a problem,” she said hugging her zebra friend.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Sky was white with grey clouds, everything else…. Black… How light even shined throughout this realm Nightshade had no clue. The ground crunched after every step he took. No sign of intellectual life anywhere… “This is getting very irritating!” Nightshade muttered.

Nightshade came upon a great wall with a shattered gate, “This looks comforting,” he muttered walking past the gate. Skeletons and empty armor lay scattered across the grounds. The entire fortress was utterly in ruin. On the highest remaining tower a shadowy figure stood glaring at Nightshade.

Nightshade drew out the red blade and noticed the energy crackling off of it, “I know we just met and all but I think I have a name for you. You shall be known as… Rogue,” as if the blade could speak it sparked with energy. The shadow figure jumped down and landed in the middle of the grounds, “You are not of this realm… Why are you here?” it said. Nightshade held forth the sword which sent forth a light wave of energy causing the shadow to back down.

“My name is Revan Arrow. I am The Zodiac Sentient, and I am here by mere accident. I am looking for a way out of here,” Nightshade said. The shadow seemed to be examining Nightshade thoroughly, “A sentient… Like the master…” the shadow whispered.

Nightshade nodded, “Roark Lindrake?” he asked. The shadow recoiled at the name, “Even if his power is little his name still gives him strength. Beware what name’s you mention in certain realms. The men that once inhabited this fortress realized this a little too late… Be wary of the forces you fight against… That blade you hold is a blessing…” he said.

Nightshade lowered his blade and looked at it with a curious eye, “You’re one of the original ambassadors to travel between realms. What was your name?” he asked. The shadow backed away, “I warned you once already I-” thunder boomed and red lightning struck the fortress.

The shadow turned and Roark stood at the stop of a stair case, “You still haven’t learned to leave a lost cause. I see you’ve met my former chosen… Kaseem Sarooge. You were right about mentioning names. It can be very dangerous!” he said.

Nightshade looked to Kaseem who lowered his head, “You’ve been stuck in that form for far too long Kaseem,” Roark said zapping Kaseem with a blast of negative energy. Kaseem soon had flesh and looked… like Nightshade! Nightshade gasped, “You-” Roark blasted Nightshade away.

Kaseem looked to Nightshade, “Funny… Time doesn’t change anything…” he murmured. Roark ignited his black lightsaber and charged at Nightshade. Nightshade got to his feet and dodged Roark’s attack and kneed him in the stomach. Kaseem stood in the shadows, “The battle that sets the future…” he said as Roark hit Nightshade with a wave of crimson lightning.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Star Bright and Zecora walked through the cavern of darkness, “This is where the rainbow of darkness was forged…” Star Bright murmured. Zecora nodded, “Why has NightGlade gone to such a dreadful place?” she asked. Star Bright laughed, “He isn’t exactly from around these parts. He’s really new to this area of equestria. I found him fending for himself in the wilderness,” she said.

“So he is like a son to you?” Zecora asked. Star Bright giggled, “More like a little brother. A son is still a long ways off for me!” she said. Zecora smiled, “And what of Master Odion? Have you told how you feel for him?” she asked. Star Bright stiffened and blushed, “I’ll take that as a no,” Zecora said walking past Star Bright with a sly smile.

Timber wolves howled in the distance and plunder seed plants crowded the cavern walls, “I see Discord has done some redecorating to the realm,” Star Bright said. Zecora shivered, “The Draconequus may be reformed but he is still far from knowing how helpful he can really be,” she said. Star Bright nodded turning towards a giant totem, “Were getting close… Speaking of the realm how fairs Twilight Sparkle?” she asked.

Zecora smiled, “The young mare has grown quite well and has obtained her Alicorn magic. She will be a fine princess,” she said. Star Bright smiled, “The Element of Magic… Not even I know all of the secrets of this realm,” she murmured. Zecora laughed, “All in good time Lady Silver. All in good time,” she said with a smile. Together the two continued their journey to a large cave, “I must hurry… I fear Glade is in terrible danger… Wait for me here. Please,” Star Bright said. Zecora smiled and nodded setting up magical symbols across the borders of the cave. Star Bright looked to a dark portal and sighed, “Onward…” she said stepping through the dark mirror…
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nightshade could barely breathe! His zodiac style, sentient mode, and just about everything except his survival skills were useless. Roark walked about his lightsaber ignited smiling, “You have no hopes of defeating me! This is my dimension! Not even the sentients could stand here without my powers holding them together! Though… I am quite surprised that you’ve lasted this long just on your own!” he said.

Kaseem sat meditating, *Focus…* he thought. Nightshade jumped out from behind a pillar and lunged at Roark slashing hard. Roark stepped to the side and kicked Nightshade into the ground, “Your skills and determination intrigue me. Join me and we can bring together a new set of realms! We can bring back those you have lost! Think of what we can do together!” he said.

Nightshade turned over and looked Roark in the eyes. Visions of Saren and Lucius floated into Nightshades mind and then he saw the visions of the sentients. Galaxy and Kisashi dead, Odion chained within the palace’s throne room. Star Bright and Elustar both slaves to the exion demons! Nightshades eyes widened and he felt his power rising, “NO!” he yelled as a wave of negative energy surged into Nightshade and he blasted Roark!

Roark was sent flying through the fortress wall and Kaseem stirred gazing up at the young sentient. A dark aura had surrounded Nightshade; his eyes had turned black with ice blue pupils! Rising to his feet Kaseem teleported in front of Nightshade, “Now you know the power of shadows, and the toll it takes on the body is great,” he said.

Nightshade’s gaze seemed very distant and he swept his hand across the way and blasted Kaseem! Kaseem fell back pulling Rogue from Nightshade’s grasp. No words would leave this dark creation. This Night Walker… Kaseem rose to his feet and focused his energy into Rogue!

“Tell me Revan… What purpose do you have to save the realms? What drives you to save the realms and all of their inhabitants?” Kaseem yelled. Nightshade jumped down and summoned a shadow blade and Kaseem sighed, “May the Mighty Lord watch over me…” he said.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thoughts circled around him and Nightshade could feel another presence within his body! “I see your fears Revan…. Your life has been tragic… Full of lose and torment… Take revenge on all who did nothing while your loved ones died! The sentients… Care for your needs they do not! Show them who you really are!! A predator and warrior of the night! A Night Walker!” the voice called.

“NO! I AM NOT NIGHT WALKER!!” Nightshade yelled. The voice laughed and soon a dark form appeared before Nightshade, “If you are not a Night Walker then you are nothing more than a fly in my sight! You will be forgotten and cast out of existence!” the shadow said summoning a great scythe.

Nightshade stepped back and blinked then felt something at his sides… The handles… “These prove… who I am… I will show you who I am!” he said. The shadow sneered and charged at Nightshade swinging the scythe with great speed. Nightshade brought forth Shin Ryu and Shiekatsu Ryu blocking the shadows first attack.

Tossing one blade to the side Nightshade cut through the shadows scythe. The shadow stepped back and disappeared. Nightshade turned around to find a great cavern laying before him, “You’ll never be rid of me!” the shadow called. Nightshade sighed, “That’s if I don’t take care of you!” he yelled jumping from rock to rock.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kaseem easily dodged Nightshade’s continuous attacks out in the courtyard of the fortress, “I know we don’t have knowledge of each other but I know the pain of losing your loved ones! Fight the darkness! You feel rage, anger, sorrow! Destroy it!” he yelled.

Roark reappeared and lunged at Kaseem but was soon blasted by a magic beam! Kaseem turned to see Star Bright standing in her pony form, “Lady Silver!” he exclaimed. Star Bright’s eyes widened realizing who she was seeing, “K-Kaseem?! How are you-?” she stammered.

Kaseem looked Star in the eyes, “Roark regenerated my body out of the dark… I’ve been given my second chance… I failed you in the first war… I will not fail again!” he said turning his gaze towards Nightshade, “Come and fight me!” he said.

Nightshade charged at Kaseem while Roark charged at Star Bright, “You’ll be the first to fall Star Bright!” Roark yelled. Star Bright smirked and transformed into her human form revealing her grand scepter, “I have no intentions in dying now or any time soon! You will lose in the end Roark!” she said.

Roark roared in anger and slashed at Star Bright who easily whirled around and smacked Roark in the face with her scepter. Roark spun about and turned to throw his blade but Star Bright sent out a volley of magic missiles and hit Roark hard in the chest! Roark flew away and Star Bright chased after him.

Roark got to his feet and glared at the Equestrian Sentient, “You’re a fool to fight me alone! A woman such as yourself; Fighting a man as powerful as I?!” he yelled. Star Bright’s pink eyes flared with dark flames, “You’ll soon be swallowing those words… brother,” she said swinging her scepter into the sky summoning a great meteor shower from the sky!

All around chunks of rock fueled with fire and dark matter plummeted into the mountain side causing Roark to fall! Roark landed on one of the meteors and started jumping up the meteors like a game until Star Bright blocked his path and hit him with a great wave of water!

Star Bright danced around and froze the wave that held Roark and smashed her scepter into the great glacier sending forth a shockwave of lightning and dark matter. The glacier broke apart and the wave of elements struck Roark hard sending him into the abyss below! “I know you’re still here… I am waiting…” Star Bright said ascending the broken mountain side waiting for Roark’s next move.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inside Nightshade’s mind he stood on a high flat pillar and the shadow stood before him, “Take a look at your outside!” the shadow said revealing Nightshade’s outside vision. Nightshade’s eyes grew wide as he witnessed Kaseem fighting him and Star Bright fighting Roark!

“Funny how helpless they are… Soon they will suffer the same fate as you!” The shadow said to Nightshade touching his shoulders. Nightshade’s eyes flared and he summoned a pike of psionic energy that erupted between the two cutting off the shadows left arm!

The shadow recoiled in and shouted in pain, “Damn you!” he yelled turning to fight Nightshade but found he was already gone! Behind the shadow Nightshade called out, “You may know my fears!” he yells blasting away the shadows leg, “You may know my suffering, my weaknesses,” he continues blasting off another limb from the shadow.

“But you will never know… MY DREAMS!!” Nightshade yelled pulling forth a mighty orb of energy and throwing it at the Shadow while teleporting behind it slashing wide with his blades decapitating the shadow! The great energy ball collided with the shadow and erupted into a great explosion sending away all the negative energy out of Nightshade’s body.

Nightshade’s mind cleared and all of his sorrow and pain drained away. Gaining back his conscious Nightshade looked to Kaseem and smiled, “There’s real work to be done… Let’s get started.” He said with a bright smile on his face. Kaseem returned the smile and nodded, “Let it begin,” he said handing Rogue back to Nightshade, “The real challenges await!” he yelled clasping on a yin earing. A blinding light shook the area and Star Bright smiled wide, “That’s my boys…” she whispered as the two men became one and Roark trembled.

Author's Note:

Please leave a review or a comment. ~Ninyn