• Published 21st Jan 2016
  • 4,061 Views, 94 Comments

feral power - The oracle



A power is rising in the everfree. Its name is twilight sparkle, and it is pissed off.

  • ...
15
 94
 4,061

The burning

As she reached the inside of her cave, twilight came to a stop and shut the door. She then took off her cloak and turned towards the front of her bed.

Her mattres was lifted and a simple wooden chest with a latch was taken out.

When she opened it, she took out a bottle of nightmare moon ale, one of the strongest ales she had, and thought to herself ' Got to drown out those pesky memeories. Dont want to remember.'

As she drank, one bottle became three, and those became nine.

As she fell into inky darkness, she somehow knew her memories of that day would make an apperance, like it or not.

FLASHBACK

AS twilight hopped around the room, she thought to herself ' Todays the day. I am finally going to take the test to be accepted into canterlot school of higher magic for foals!'

AS she hopped around the the room, she saw her parents giving her little smile and shakes of their heads.

As they walked to the school, her mother saw her panicking and reasured her daughter that she would do fine.

When they reached their destination, they were shown to a small room with a few chairs scattered around. in one of these chairs was a small blue unicorn filly, fiddiling with a hat that was two sizes too big for her. To try to calm down, Twilight decided to go talk to her.

She sat next to her and said " Hello, my name is twilight sparkle, whats yours?" The filly gave a look of disdain and said " Please leave Trixie alone. Trixie does not want to be bothered."

As she squirmed in her chair uncomftorbly, she heard a voice call out her name.

She gulped and walked into the other room, with her parents trailing behind her. When she entered the room, she saw a dragons egg in the middle of it.

She glanced at the testers, and was told " You must use your magic to hatch this dragon egg."

She lit up her horn and poured magic into the egg, but saw no difference, and after a few minutes was starting to get tired. Suddenly, there was a loud boom outside and her horn sparked to life. With a crackle, a feeling of her horn being on fire , and a painful yell, a surge of magic flooded the room. Everfree vines grew everywhere, her parents were turned into stone, and the building was ripped apart.

Suddenly, she saw a tall, white figure with wings and a horn. She thought to herself ' The princess. The princess will save me and make things right.' But instead of her saying she had come to help her, she got two simple words. With an i'm sorry, the sun unleashed its power on the poor filly and launched her out of the building. The last thing twilight remembered after that was flying, and a mass of trees coming to meet her.

END FLASHBACK

She was awoken with a large boom sound, and feel off of the bed. As she crept outside, she saw fireworks in the distance.

"Their summer sun festival must be starting," she thought bitterly. As she stared at the moon, she saw the image of the mare on the moon vanish and evil laughter coming from ponyville. She sighed and said to the air " What did those ponys do now?"