• Published 28th Jul 2015
  • 3,371 Views, 361 Comments

The Singing Heart - Toonsgirl



When Queen Celestia sent Fluttershy to be a nanny to King Discord's five daughters, Fluttershy was thrilled because she had lost her first job. But cold-hearted Discord and the little naughty princesses were estranged with each other. Can Fluttershy

  • ...
9
 361
 3,371

Chapter 15: Discord comes home (Rewritten)

The next day, the sun shone its golden rays in the sky. The birds were chirping as they flapped their wings nearby the clouds. A golden chariot raced by, causing the birds to almost lose their balance! The same chariot also ran through some clouds, making them dissolve. Two dark brown Griffons were pulling the chariot as faster than a cheetah. Although they were exhausted, they could not stop.

"With all due to respect, your highness!" One griffon panted. "Can't we just please slow down?"

"Save your breath men, faster!" Discord commanded, hitting them with his reins. The two griffons reluctantly did as they were told. They went so fast that Lady Chrysalis and the Flim Flam brothers held onto their crown/hats!

"Discord, would you please slow down!" Lady Chrysalis shrieked. "Do you want me to fall off!?"
'That can be arranged!' Discord thought, grinning, evilly. He steered the reins to the right, to the left, and then to the right again. The chariot swerved as the King steered, making his passengers more scared than ever! Lady Chrysalis gripped her seat, shocked at her beau's driving skills. Discord was disappointed that she did not fall off.

"Aaaaah, please Discord!" Flim and Flam shouted, holding onto each other for dear life. "This ride is way too fast! And we're scared of falling!" King Discord literally rolled his eyes with his claw, and socked them back in his eye sockets.

"Hey, I have to get home fast, you idiots!" He hollered. "My lieutenant said it's an emergency! I don't know what she's talking about, but it's something about the children!" 'Or Miss Fluttershy!' He added in his head. During most of his trip, he could not seem to get the new nanny off his mind. She was so different from the other nannies. First, she defied his whistling signals and marching. Then, she and his children bounced and danced on her bed! He admitted that she was pretty and kind-but that is not the point! The point is what was she doing with the children that had Rainbow Dash concerned?

Lady Chrysalis resisted the urge to groan and roll her eyes. She turned her head around and faced Flam. After making sure Discord was paying attention to the road, she leaned toward Flam's ear.

"Is he going to keep talking about the children all the time?" She grumbled with a slight hint of annoyance.

"Now, Lady Chrysalis, if you want to get into Discord's good graces, you must be nice to the children," Flam reminded her. "After all, the children need a mother, and just think how close you are to winning him!"

"Right," Chrysalis hastily agreed. "The sooner I get acquainted with the children and win Discord, the better!"

Although Discord had been keeping his eyes on the road, he sensed Chrysalis and the stallions having a private conversation. He scowled, not liking that they were talking as if he weren't here. Not leaving his eyes off the road, the King jumped in the discussion.

"What are you two talking about that is so secretive?"

"Nothing, Discord!" The changeling and the earth stallion sheepishly, responded.


Because the day was so warm and sunny, Fluttershy felt that this would be a perfect opportunity for her and the children to have a picnic outside. Applejack and Pinkie Pie packed some peanut butter and apple sandwiches and Apple juice glass bottles in a basket for them. Fluttershy and the children headed outside once they were ready. The children agreed that they should have thier picnic at the same forest that Fluttershy took them to, yesterday. Rarity and Sunset reminded her to come back to the castle in thirty minutes. Although they trusted Fluttershy, they still do not feel comfortable about them being in the woods that long.
The children had finished thier lunches earlier and were now playing a game of baseball. On the field, the baseball game was still going on. Screwball was the pitcher, Scootaloo, Babs Seed, and Sweetie Belle were in the outfield, and Apple Bloom was the batter. Fluttershy watched them play as she put the dirty plates back in the basket. She looked at the sun and realized lunch time was almost over.

"Girls, time to go home!" Fluttershy called.

"Aww, just a few more minutes?" Screwball begged. "Apple Bloom hasn't have a turn yet with the bat!"

"Please, Miss Fluttershy?" Apple Bloom put on her biggest Bambi eyes that she could ever muster. Her sisters followed suit. How could the mares ever resist those adorable eyes?

"Oh okay, I suppose a few more minutes won't hurt," Fluttershy answered. Screwball swing her forearm round and round until she pitched the ball toward Apple Bloom. The batter kept her eye on the ball, swung her bat, and hit the ball! The ball went flying into the sky and landed on top of one of the trees!

"Uh oh," Sweetie Belle gasped. Apple Bloom winced as she stared at her hooves.

"Oh my goodness!" Fluttershy gasped, putting her hooves to her face. She and the princesses saw which tree the ball landed on.

"No problem, Miss Fluttershy, just fly over there and grab the ball!" Babs Seed said, confidently.

Fluttershy gazed at the grass beneath her hooves. Her mane was covering partially of her face.

"Um, I..I..I can't," she stammered.

"Why not?" Screwball said, easing an eyebrow.

"I-I...can't fly well!" Fluttershy stammered. Her face blushed in shame. "I am afraid of heights!"
Scootaloo face hoofed herself.

"Oh joy!" She grumbled. "So much for our game! How are we going to get our ball back, now? Nice going, Princess Apple Bloom!" Scootalo scowled.

"It was an accident, Princess Scootaloo!" Apple Bloom barked.

"Miss Fluttershy, I know you can't fly well," Screwball said, calmly. "But can you climb a tree?" Fluttershy gulped as she glanced at the tree, again.

"I-I don't know, Screwball."

"Look, how about if I summon up a ladder for you?" Screwball suggested. Just as she said, a ladder flashed and leaned against the tree. Fluttershy was still nervous about this situation, despite the crown princess' help.
As much as Fluttershy hates heights, the pegasus did not want to disappoint the children. What should she do?


At the castle, the other servants heard a door knock. Sunset galloped and opened the door, to see a Jabberwocky from Alice in Wonderland! The orange unicorn screamed and fell back on her haunches, as a bright white light flashed. In the doorway, Discord was on his back, laughing his head off.

"Oh Sunset, you should have seen your face!" He laughed, wiping a tear from his eye. He then, poofed and reappeared inside in his castle, before shutting the door. It took a while for Sunset to get over her shock. She looked at her King with an unamused look.

"Must you always do that? I thought you gave up on chaos long ago?" Sunset snapped.

"True, Sunset, but if there is one teeny tiny chaotic thing I still enjoyed, it's scaring ponies with my many disguises, haha!"

Sunset watched her King giggle in annoyance. Flash, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and Pinie Pie, galloped over because they heard Sunset scream. They too, almost fell over when they saw Discord-and he wasn't dressed up as a Jabberwocky..

"King Discord, you're back!" Flash exclaimed.

"Of course, I'm back!" King Discord scoffed. He raised an eyebrow at them. "I was meant to be away for a week! I only came back because Dashie said there's an emergency that I need to take care of!"

Flash and Sunset glared daggers at Rainbow.

"What, I did send him a note telling him not to come back!" Rainbow shrugged. She quickly covered her mouth, almost forgetting that she was talking in front of the King. The King frowned at them, not noticing Applejack and Sunset face hoofing themselves.
Discord was interrupted by the door that flew open and hit the walls so hard that they cracked!

"Discord, how could you forget about your lovely guests?" Lady Chrysalis exclaimed with a teasing smile. The doors closed behind her.

"Yes, your lovely guests!" The Flim Flam brothers added. Discord growled and tightened his fists for a few seconds and turned around with a fake smile.

"Sorry my friends, I was just so anxious to see my children that I ran off and forgot about leaving the door open!" The King scanned his eyes around the castle hallway. "Speaking of the children, where are they?"

The staff looked each each other and gulped. They did not know why Fluttershy and the children were late. They should have been back ten minutes ago! Sunset formed a plan of how to stall Discord until Fluttershy and the children arrive.

"Well, um, heh, you see-" Sunset stuttered.

"NOT HERE!" Pinkie Pie yelled in a sing-song voice, quickly covering Sunset's mouth. King Discord folded his arms.

"What do you mean by that?"

"I'm sure they ran off after they heard that I was coming," Lady Chrysalis spoke in a snobbish tone.

"We're doing a strategy, Your majesty!" Pinkie explained. "It's called the process of elimination! Rather than tell you where they are, we''ll tell you where they aren't. For example, the children are not in the nursery!"

"They're not in the throne room!" Sunset yelped.

"They're not in the kitchen," Applejack said truthfully and carefully.

"They're not in the living room," Rainbow Dash analyzed.

"Nor are they in the library," Flash added, sheepishly.

"They're not in Rarity's sewing room," Pinkie Pie mentioned.

"They are not in Miss Fluttershy's bedroom!" Rarity mentioned.

"They're not in the dungeon!" Pinkie Pie listed. "Why in the name of Celestia would they be in the dungeon?" Rainbow whispered harshly. "I don't know!" Pinkie shrugged. "Beats me!"

"Silence!" Discord demanded. He rubbed his temples, annoyed from their silly strategy. "If they are not anywhere in this castle, then where are they?" Then, his eyes widened and his body became frozen. "Wait a minute! Are they outside!?"

"Ummmm....," Flash and the mares smiled, sheepishly.


"Struggling!" Fluttershy panted, her hooves on the bark of the tree. "Struggling is useless!" The ladder was not tall enough to reach all the way to the top of the tree. It just reached half way of the tree. Fluttershy was almost there but she was still apprehensive of falling and of heights!
The fillies had been standing there, making sure she would not fall. They did not realize that Fluttershy was not kidding about her fear of heights.

"Oh good grief, what do we do?" Apple Bloom crossed her forelegs. Scootaloo and Babs shook their heads, sadly. Screwball whispered something in Sweetie Belle's ear, who smiled and nodded in response.

"Hold still, Miss Fluttershy!" Screwball instructed. Fluttershy was startled when she saw rocks appearing on the tree bark all the way to the top. Her wings were held in green transparent magic. Little by little, Sweetie Belle guided Fluttershy climbing through the rocks. When Fluttershy reached the top, she breathed out a sigh of relief. She thought she'd never make it to the top! Now the next thing to do is to grab the ball! The object was a few inches away from her...next to a bee's nest. The pegasus gulped-not that she was afraid of bees, mind you, but bees are very sensitive bugs. They sting you if you bother them or their nest. Fluttershy was surprised that the ball did not disturb them. The pegasus stretched forward, slowly as not to knock the ball from its inertia. Finally, her hoof touched the ball and tried to pick it up.
The princesses jumped and cheered for joy!

"GIRLS, WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!?" A booming voice shouted.

The princesses turned and gasped. Sweetie was so shocked that her magic accidentally let go of Fluttershy. The booming voice startled the yellow pegasus so much that she dropped the ball, lost her balance, and fell off the tree! She failed to notice the ball, hitting the bees and their nest..
Fluttershy screamed as gravity pulled her toward the earth. Her wings shut tight whenever Fluttershy felt afraid, thus flapping them was out of the question. The nanny shut her eyes, preparing for the worst. But instead of falling to the ground, Fluttershy landed in a pair of strong arms. Technically, a paw and a talon. Her eyes opened and widened. It was King Discord who broke her fall! He put Fluttershy down hastily, trying to hide the blush from his cheeks.

The bees, had felt the impact from the ball. They were so angry, for being disturbed, that they swarmed out of their nest. They aimed toward the King, the mares, and the girls!

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH, WE'RE DOOMED!!" Sweetie Belle screamed.

"Everypony, run!" King Discord ordered with emphasis. He grabbed Apple Bloom and Screwball, Fluttershy took Scootaloo by her hoof, followed by Sweetie Belle and Babs Seed. Quick as a lightning bolt, they dashed away from the angry swarming bees. The insects flew after the ponies and the draconequus with their stingers out. Because the wasps were getting closer, Discord and Fluttershy knew that they could not outrun them. Using all of his strength, Discord teleported everypony including himself to the castle. The bees stopped, not knowing where thier victims went.


As soon as Discord and the girls came into the view of the staff and guests, the staff ran over to Fluttershy.

"What took you so long?" Sunset asked, frantically.

"Bees," Fluttershy panted. She was still tired from running. Discord blew his whistle loud and the children formed into a line, facing him. He angirly snatched Scootaloo's head scarf that was the same color as her play clothes. The King made introductions between them and his guests.

"This is Lady Chrysalis...and these...are my children."

"How do you do?" Lady Chrysalis expressed her politeness. The children murmured how do yo do back. When Flim and Flam came up to them, the children enthusiastically responded, "Uncles Flim and Flam!" The two brothers swooped them in their arms for a hug. Flim kissed Apple Bloom on top of her head.

"Look at them, brother, they look different, don't they?" Flim asked, eyeing their outfits.

"They certainly do, brother," Flam responded. "Where did you get these clothes, Miss Sweetie Belle?"

"Yes, that's what I like to know," Discord said, as he eyed Fluttershy. Aside from seeing his children in the forest, Discord was also appalled to see them not in their uniforms, but in some ridiculous outfits.

"Miss Fluttershy made them for us!" Sweetie beamed, her smile whiter than snow. Fluttershy would have smiled if she wasn't shrinking down from the King's cold stare.

"I see," He said, slowly. "Excuse me, while I have a talk with my nanny." Fluttershy gulped, dreading the lecture that Discord would bestow to her. The King flashed her and himself to a private room before the princesses or the staff could protest.

"Oh, she's in it for now!" Rarity whined.

"It can't be that bad," Flash shrugged, trying to hide his nervousness. Sunset and Applejack directed Chrysalis and the Flim-Flam brothers into the living room, where refreshments would be served.
The children were left standing in the hallway, fearing that their father was going to do something drastic.
"What do you think Father's going to do Fluttershy?" Babs Seed whispered to her sisters.
"Apparently, something not good," Screwball aforementioned. "Let's just sneak in them and make sure he doesn't fire her!"
"What if he does?" Apple Bloom asked.
"Then, we'll convince him to let her stay. Now let's go!"

Author's Note:

EDIT: I had to rewrite Rarity and Sunset in this chapter because it was pointed out to me that I made a plot hole: why didn't Rarity or Sunset use thier magic to get the ball out of the tree? Sorry everyone, it was something that I accidentally overlooked. Hope it didn't ruin the story!
EDIT: I forgot to have Discord snatch one of his kids' head scarves off like how the captain did in the movie so I went back to add it in.