• Published 28th Jul 2015
  • 3,371 Views, 361 Comments

The Singing Heart - Toonsgirl



When Queen Celestia sent Fluttershy to be a nanny to King Discord's five daughters, Fluttershy was thrilled because she had lost her first job. But cold-hearted Discord and the little naughty princesses were estranged with each other. Can Fluttershy

  • ...
9
 361
 3,371

Chapter 27: Making Amends

"Wait!" Fluttershy yelped. "There were other prisoners back at the camp! We need to bring them with us!"

"Already taken care of," Discord gently answered, pointing to them with his two claws. He gently put Fluttershy down.

In the throne room, all the prisoners were there including, Emerald, Toffee, Thorax, Fancy Pants, and Cheese Sandwhich. They were being tended to by the Celestia and Luna. When Emerald and the boys saw their friend with the King, they quickly galloped to her.

"Fluttershy, thank Celestia you are safe!" Emerald and Toffee smiled.

"We were so worried about you!" Thorax smiled.

The pegasus smiled and sighed with relief that they were all safe and sound.

"How did you all get here?" Fluttershy asked considerately.

"Well, after we got out, His Majesty arrived in a flash! He knew that we were refugees so he snapped his fingers and the next thing we knew, we are here!" Cheese explained, at a rapid speed. He didn't talk as fast as Pinkie Pie, which made him comprehensible for the pegasus and the King.

"Thank you King Discord for rescuing us and our friends!" Fancy Pants bowed. His friends and other refugees followed suit. "We are forever in your debt!"

"Likewise," the King nodded.

"This calls for a celebration!" Cheese beamed, donning a party hat. He even pulled out his ukelele to play!

"I'll say!" Fancy agreed.

But before Cheese could break out into a party song, the ruler of Canterlot dashes over to them.

"Fluttershy, are you all right?" Celestia asked, worried.

"I'm fine, Your Highness," Fluttershy smiled. But she winced in pain when she felt a sharp pain in her back. The wounds were still hurting her a bit. Not quite as bad as they were when Herr Svengallop delivered them to her but the wounds still hurt.

"Are you hurt?" the alicorn inquired again.

Cheese jumped right in.

"Quite a bit, Fluttershy was whipped by Herr Svengallop whenever she gets into trouble!"

"All of us had received lashings from him," Emerald corrected.

"I see," Celestia said in a small voice. Both she and Discord had winced what they just heard.

The Queen's tears welled up at what her subjects had endured during their time in prison. She must think of some way to make sure that something like this would never happen again but she didn't know how!

The Draconian King gnashed his teeth to himself that Herr Svengallop would stoop so low to whip the innocent, especially his Fluttershy. Since the chimera had already punished Svengallop and his followers for what they had done, he can't help but wonder if sending them to another dimension was enough. It probably was.

"I'll call the Royal doctor," Celestia promised.

"There's no need for that," Discord interrupted. Not wasting any time, he waved his arm in an eight-shaped figure and snapped his claws.

Instantly, everybody's wounds had vanished. Fluttershy looked at her back and gasped. It was as if there were never any lashes on her back.

"Fascinating!" Fancy Pants admired his now-healed back.

"I feel great!" Emerald smiled. The other refugees nodded that they too, felt healed.

"All hail, King Discord!" They bowed.

"Oh, don't thank me yet," Discord quickly spoke. "Celestia, take them to the healing room. A good rest will complete the treatment."

The queen nodded and told the refugees to follow her.

Once they were gone, the King turned his head toward his former nanny. "Mind if we go outside and talk?" He had a feeling that there were some things that need to be discussed. It has been a very long time since they last saw each other.

"Yes," his love answered right away. Fluttershy wanted to talk to him as badly as he wanted. Perhaps his treatment toward her wounds meant that he rearly did love her? Still, the pegasus would still feel better if he would be direct about his feelings to her. Why was he so confusing?

The King snapped his fingers and the couple poofed themselves from the throne room to Celestia's study.

"I figured that you wanted to talk about us," he started.

"I do," the former nanny responded. "Discord, why did you fire me? What did I do wrong?" The tone of her voice turned sad at those questions.

"I didn't fire you, Fluttershy," Discord answered confidently. "It was Chrysalis. She disguised herself as me to get rid of you."

His beloved frowned and raised an eyebrow at him.

"Somehow, I don't believe it," she said, turning away from him. Was that the best he could come up with?

Shocked, that the pegasus did not believe him, the King poofed from behind and reappeared in front of her.
"Fluttershy, it's the truth!" He cried. "It really wasn't me! Lady Chrysalis pretended to be me to fire you!"

"Why would Lady Chrysalis fire me?" Fluttershy challenged. "If it was her, then where were you?"

"Downstairs, waiting for you!" Discord responded back, his voice straining in desperation.

"I still find it hard to believe that!" The pegasus huffed, turning away from him again.

The draconequus waved his arms up in frustration. She was making this situation a lot harder than it already was! "I'm telling you the truth, mare! Would I be making this up?"

Suddenly, a guard entered into the study. His prescence interrupted their fight.

"Can't you see we're busy?" Discord snapped.

"Forgive me, but you and Celestia are needed in the council room!" the guard calmly bowed.

"Whatever it is, can't it wait?" Discord snapped. "Tell Celestia to go ahead of me! I'll catch up later!"

"But sire, it's urgent!"

It took all of the King's strength to not turn the guard into a strawberry snicker doodle. He was already frustrated but knew that he lashed out at the guard in front of Fluttershy, she would not forgive him. He massaged his temples with two iced cappuccinos on each side.

"I'll be there in a minute!" Discord snapped.

The guard bowed and left the couple alone.

The chimera appeared in front of his upset former employee. Before she could retort, Discord and took her hooves in his hooves and gazed deeply into her big eyes. "Please Fluttershy, try to understand. Everything I'm telling you is completely true! Don't you remember when I had asked you to sit next to me at dinner? Why would I fire you immediately after saying that?"

The mare's eyes widened at his sudden gesture and his words.

"Please think about it," Discord whispered, desperately. He kissed her hooves very tenderly before he released them. Then the chimera ran off, while Fluttershy pondered and realized that perhaps her ex-boss was telling the truth.

Oh Fluttershy, you were foolish!

Author's Note:

Updated: fixed a few spelling errors!