• Published 28th Jul 2015
  • 3,371 Views, 361 Comments

The Singing Heart - Toonsgirl



When Queen Celestia sent Fluttershy to be a nanny to King Discord's five daughters, Fluttershy was thrilled because she had lost her first job. But cold-hearted Discord and the little naughty princesses were estranged with each other. Can Fluttershy

  • ...
9
 361
 3,371

Rescuing the Kingdom part 2

Author's Note:

Hi guys! I am very sorry for not updating in a very long time! I was somewhat losing drive for this story and had to watch mlp episodes to just help me get excited about my story. This was going to be the last chapter but I realized that it would be better to split it onto two chapters. One more chapter to go and this story will be complete!

The bad changelings, were still flying about in Draconia. They terrorized the locals by tying up most of the local Draconians in chains. They had gotten annoyed by the brave Draconians that had dared to fight for thier princesses.

"Guys, look!" Apple Bloom pointed. "The changelings are hurting our subjects!" The others dashed to the window and witnessed the chaos.

"Flash! Rainbow Dash! Did you send your army out there to stop them?" Sunset asked.

"Of course, we did!" Rainbow Dash huffed. "As a matter of fact, they are out there fighting right now!"

"Are you sure they can take them down, darling?" Rarity questioned.

"Positive!" Rainbow Dash said proudly.

Flash nodded in agreement.

"Um, Rainbow Dash?" Applejack said nervously, still looking at the window. "I don't think it looks like they are doing well."

"WHAT!?" Rainbow and Flash looked out at the window. Their muzzles looked as if their birthdays got cancelled. Many of their soldiers were tied up by the bad changelings. Some of them were running away from the enemies in fear. Even they were no match for Chrysalis' army!

"Got any ideas Flash?" Rainbow asked.

"Yes!" Flash saluted. "Let's all go outside and fight!"

"Yay!" Everybody cheered.

"Why didn't I think of that?" the cyan pegasus mumbled before joining the others.


The princesses, Mothball, and the staff, arrived in the downtown section of their kingdom. Looking around, they saw the townspeople who were tied up and crying for help.

"Princesses, help us! Save us!"

Thier anguished cries pricked the hearts of the girls. Thier lips trembled and thier hearts filled with compassion.

"Those poor ponies!"

"No need to stand around!" Rainbow Dash said with a determined voice. "Let's set them free!"

So one by one, the Mothball, Flash, and the girls used their magic to untie the victims. Each group was able to break free from their binds.

"Hooray, we're free!"

Soon a huge war erupted between the Draconians and the Changelings. All Draconians were fighting very hard to protect each other from Chrysalis' minions.

The princesses and the staff always made sure that every subject of their was safe and sound. The princesses also took their opportunity to put their unused chaotic powers and magic to good use. It did not matter that their powers would make them weak, now they can use them to protect their kingdom! Let's check and see how one of the girls are using their powers to help others.

Apple Bloom gasped when she saw one mean big changeling that was about to pounce on the twins, Pound Cake and Pumpkin! They were holding each other and shaking with fear.

Apple Bloom's eyes glowed purple as she created a huge apple pie and made it land on the big changeling. SPLAT! A couple of apple crumbs fell down to the ground from the crust.

Pound Cake and Pumpkin cheered at Apple Bloom's victory. They were lifted off the ground a bit by the princess, as she gave them to their relived parents, Mr. and Mrs. Cake.

"Oh bless you Princess Apple Bloom!"

Sweetie Belle saw a group of changelings charging toward Party Favor, Double Diamond, Blossomforth, and Junebug. The former group gnashed their teeth with their tongues hanging out, while the latter group huddled together and screamed.

The youngest princess turned to Rarity, who along with Pinkie, had just finished untying Davenport and Lilly Blossom.

"Rarity! Pinkie!" Sweetie called. "I need your help!" She pointed them to that group of changelings who were about to charge.

"Quick, use your magic!" Pinkie cried, shaking Sweetie by her shoulders. Rarity had to stop her so she could hear the youngest heir's plan.

"Rarity, do you still have that fabric that stretches?" the filly asked. "We could use it to sack the changelings!"

"Yes, darling," Rarity smiled, pulling a patch of gray fabric out of her mane. Her eyes showed uncertainty. "But...I don't think it's big enough." She was right, it was small, the size of a small square.

Sweetie Belle winked and lightened her horn. A green aura surrounded the gray fabric and stretch it-until it was the size of a blanket made for a King Size bed. The blanket flew toward the changelings and engulfed them up into a sack! Then the bagfull of bugs dissappeared!

"Stupendous!" Rarity hugged Sweetie Belle. "That was an amazing trick!"

"Thank you!" the Princess beamed.

"Do it again! Do it again!" Pinkie chanted, bouncing up and down.

Rarity and Sweetie witnessed another group of changelings coming. They prepare to repeat their trick!


Meanwhile back in Canterlot, Fluttershy was walking around on the balcony. She was worried about Discord and the children. She didn't know if they were injured or worse, killed. She lifted her gaze up toward the sky. Scanning around the area, she could see the kingdom of Canterlot, but not faraway places like Draconia or Ponyville. Mostly Draconia.

Fluttershy had tried countless times that to reassure herself that Discord is doing fine but she can't shake the feeling off that soemthing was wrong. Not being able to take it anymore, the pegasus gallopped to the throne room.

Inside the throne room, Celestia and Luna were waiting anxiously to hear back from Discord. They perked up when they saw Fluttershy running toward them.

"Fluttershy, why aren't you in bed?" Celestia asked.

"Celestia, I need to go back to Draconia!" the pegasus said urgently.

"What?" Celestia was shocked.

"Beg your pardon?" Luna was just as surprised as well.

"I need to go back to Draconia as soon as possible!" Fluttershy repeated. She was nkt being shy this time but she was not being aggressive either. Her voice only showed urgency.

"Fluttershy there is a war going in," the sun queen reminded her sternly.

"It is too dangerous!" Luna added.

"But the family needs me!" the pegasus pressed on, her voice cracking. Her eyes began to form tears. "Please your majesties, the children need me! I should have never left them! They are in danger and they need me to protect them! Please your majesties, take me to Draconia! If Discord and his children die, I would never forgive myself! I can't live without them! I need to know they are safe! Just please, let me see them!"

The two sisters looked at each other.

"What should we do?" Luna asked her older sister. "It is too dangerous and it is too late to get her on the train to Draconia!"

"I do have a solution," Celestia finally replied, after thinking for a while. "A teleportation spell. But I do not use it very much because it is tricky and exhausting." She ordered the yellow pegasus to closer before her and Luna. Then, Celestia and Luna light up thier horns, which glowed pink. First, the two alicorns circled around Fluttershy three times. Next, At the same time, the sisters placed their glowing horns on top of Fluttershy's head.

"Relinquo, relinquo to Draconia!" they chanted loudly. Suddenly, a bright flash appeared and filled up the room. After the bright light dissappeared, so did Fluttershy.

"Godspeed, Fluttershy," Luna whispered softly.

"May she be safe from harm's way!" Celestia added, solemnly. She hoped that she was not making a mistake.