• Published 1st Jul 2015
  • 2,431 Views, 47 Comments

The Beauty of a Form - hcnation123



Two souls meet for a celebration, one who can breathe fire and one with eyes that speak it. Beyond extremely rare pairing inside.

  • ...
9
 47
 2,431

Chapter 2

They sit there and stare at each other, awkwardly, waiting for the other to move. The rain falling rhythmically against the roof of the carriage only made it more awkward.

'Well, this is, well, awk...' Spike thought goes unfinished as a purple aura surrounds the luggage and teleports it to the castle.

"Spike what are you doing, it raining cats and dogs out there hurry up!" came the familiar voice of Princess Twilight Sparkle. Her voice broke the trance they shared and they turn and hurry inside the castle

"Miss Photo Finish I apologize for the weather, I was not informed of it either". she said with a smile "and I also must say it is a privilege to meet you again."

Taking in the beauty of the castle, her artistic vision was moving over every angle of every structure and even every window admiring all she saw but snapped out of it when she remembered that somepony was speaking to her. Photo berated herself in her head 'Get a hold of yourself girl, there is royalty speaking to you, we will worry about ...that in a moment.' Photo Finish took a breath and cleared her throat. "It is an honor to meet you as well Princess, but I must ask when have we met before?"

"Oh it was quite some time ago, do you remember a model by the name of Fluttershy?"

"Oh i must certainly do, she was the one model who out of everyone i have photographed had, the magicks!"

'Well she may not remember me but at least she doesn't talk about herself in the third person anymore' Twilight thought then said "Oh, well I am one of her friends.

Photo says in a surprised voice. "Well she sure does have friends in high places, now not to be rude Princess Twilight but it was a long journey and I wish to rest."

"Very well, Spike, take her to a guest room." She levitated Photo Finishes luggage to him. "and hurry back, we need to discuss something."

"Ok Twi, be back in a sec." he said taking the luggage from her aura and walking to the stairs. "Follow me Miss Photo Finish." He then walked up the stairs.

Photo said to Twilight. "It was an honor meeting you Princess, when I am rested we will talk more in the morning." she bowed to her and followed Spike.

"Looking forward to it!" she smiled and thought as they walked away 'Why were the just staring at each other in the carriage?'

Back to Spike and Photo Finish they were walking but at the same stand point when the carriage door opens, awkwardness, but this silent game of look at you and look away when you look back. The awkward game stopped with Photo Finish speaking.

"Why do you speak to the princess with such an improper tone? Have you worked with her for so long that it became a regular thing?"

"No, I'm basically like her little brother." he started with a smile "Well she hatched me when she was a filly, it was a test for some advanced unicorn school or something like that.

"Oh, that is..well..sorry to say but that is very ..." she is interrupted by Spike

"Vague, I know, I've thought that myself, but to me it doesn't matter. I know what I am and I accept that, end of story." he said in an irritated tone.

'There has to be more to the story than that, what happened to him?' she thought "It feels that is not all, what happened?"

"You sure want to know a lot a bout me, how about we switch to you, where did you come from?" He said hoping to change the subject.

"Well, I think an origin deserves another.. well i was.." She was stopped by a loud thump sounding in front of her, looking up to see Spike rubbing his snout.

'Stupid wall, dragon scales protect against fire but I just got hurt by a door, what's up with that!?' He thought then looked up to see they have reached her room. 'I know this place better than I thought.' he said opening the door and setting her luggage down.

"This room is exquisite, the color, even the position of it all is perfect, and the way the light makes a beautiful silhouette even with a hard rain, and the bed." she goes to it and presses a hoof on it. "The softest material I have ever felt." she put her full body on it and lets out a moan "Amazing, I must take a picture..of its ..beauty" and like that she was out like a light leaving a giggling Spike.

'I did that too when I laid in one of these beds, cant blame her' He thought as he left the room and made the journey to his room. 'She is something special, a little excitable but hey beggars cant be choosers.' Spike stopped and thought to himself. 'Am I really sitting here talking about her like shes my marefriend after one accidental kiss? Oh Spike, you really are losing it.'

He looks up to a window to see his reflection. 'Well, if anything has changed you sure have.' He stopped to notice his stature, he has gotten taller, as much so that he can nearly see eye to eye with Princess Luna and look down to look in Big Macs when he walks on all fours. His color has changed as well, the light purple scales that one lined his body have turned a dark purple, a few shades under Twilights, and his green underbelly grew darker green. His snout has stretched, to that similar to Garbles, with many sharp teeth in his mouth for chewing through gems. The muscle he has gained made him the happiest though, the strength that he gained, he could nearly tear trees out of the ground and once accidentally knocked a wall down from the barn of Sweet Apple Acres. Then there was the features that made him the fright of those who had never seen him, his claws, able to cut through apples swifter than any knife and skewer gems if he pleases, those were the the thing that made him fierce.

'Hehe, I think I look good.' He said as he turned and left the window to go to his room and dreamed a dream of acceptance.

Author's Note:

Not gonna lie, this was a filler/throw away chapter. Tell me what ya think. that and you'll notice where I put my own opinion in, if not comment or PM me cause its something that I personally never got