• Published 8th Jun 2015
  • 642 Views, 70 Comments

Legacy of Illumination - Metool Bard



An interactive memoir written by the founder of the Wonderbolts.

  • ...
0
 70
 642

Pastimes, Independence, and Foxes

What type of books do you enjoy reading?

I've mainly been getting into historical biographies. Seeing as I have this great legacy, I might as well get to know the other folks who made their way into the history books. I've read stories about Smart Cookie, Starswirl the Bearded, King Grover of Griffonstone, and many others. The most recent one I've gotten into is The Life and Times of Morari the Maneless. Very fascinating stuff.

What exactly do you do at the museum? What is your favorite part about it?

Basically stand around in front of exhibits all day. I'll be honest; the Cloudsdale Historical Society is not one of the more popular museums in Equestria. Then again, it's hard to attract a crowd when only pegasi can visit it properly. But I still like hanging around the exhibitions and taking a peek into our history. I'll occasionally give impromptu lectures when a young colt or filly asks me about some relic from the Griffon War or something along those lines, but that's very rare.

How did it feel to become independent, leave your parents' home and strike out on your own for the first time?

Well see, that's a tricky question, Mr. Book. The day I moved out of my parents' house is the day I joined the Cloudsdale Militia. As such, I didn't really have my own place of residence until after I replaced Monsoon as CO. Before then, I lived in the barracks with the other soldiers.

But once I got my own place, it really wasn't that overwhelming or scary. Again, this happened after my promotion to CO, so I kinda felt like I earned it. Trust me, when you feel like you've earned something, you're much more mentally prepared for it. Sure, there was some difficulty getting myself settled, but Medley was more than happy to help me out. She even rented out her apartment to me while the real estate agents got everything set up in my new home. She really is too good to me sometimes.

What does the fox say?

...

Well, at least you're expanding your repertoire beyond flightless birds. I'll give you that much. But suffice to say, I was never a zoologist, Mr. Book. I really don't have an answer to that question.