• Published 18th May 2012
  • 954 Views, 9 Comments

Working Out The Kinks - Derpette



Trixie goes to the spa to relax.

  • ...
 9
 954

Don't Fall Asleep

Trixie found herself infront of the building again, her confident demeanor only a show for ponies in the area. She waltzed in and looked at the pony at the counter. "Trixie needs to talk to the Twins. Bring those peasants to her." She demanded boldly.

The pony at the counter stared at her blankly and shrugged. "I'm sorry but they're with an important client right now, you're going to have to wait. I'll let them know... uh... Trudy? "

"THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE! The most magical and amazing unicorn in all of Equestria! Trixie is offended you forgot her name and demands you give her a free treatment all together!"She interjected. She whipped her hair back and stared at the counter pony intensely.

The pony at the counter sighed. "Alright... Trixie... I'll let them know you're here. But you ain't getting no free treatment." She walked off for a moment, a mutter under her breath could be heard about not getting paid enough. She was gone long enough for Trixie to realize that she wasn't there last time. The Twins were there and took her in directly... and oddly enough the place was much emptier. It didn't make much sense why she'd be the only one there last week, and this week it was packed. The very annoyed counter pony came back. "You, unicorn of the year thing, they said to come back tomorrow, there's no openings for you today." She began jotting down her appointment for the next day in the planner.

"But you can't possibly be serious. Trixie has to wait for these... mediocre ponies? She needs to see them now! Trixie never takes 'no' for an answer!" She insisted. Trixie did not want to go all the way back to her wagon outside of town only to come back the next day. The walk through Ponyville was never a pleasant one and she did NOT want to do it more than she had to.

The counter pony shrugged. "There's not much else they can do for you. If you really want your treatment so bad, why don't you see if they can squeeze you in at the end of the day. But don't expect it to actually work." She said rather blandly. She started filing her nails as Trixie took a seat. "And I should warn you, if I'm gone they won't take anyone in. I don't do overtime."

A few hours passed while Trixie waited. The soothing music playing had sent Trixie into a deep relaxing slumber. But her dreams were plagued with images of withered ponies. Wrinkles seeping into her face. A shadow of two ponies had been in the background, both of them seemed rather young. The withered ponies started to blow away in a sandy mist which flowed into the shadows. She felt strange, as if the life was being sucked out of her.

"You're next" Aloe nudged Trixie. Trixie awoke startled, sighed and let out a deep breath "I'm glad you waited. We knew you needed a treatment soon and wanted to get you in as soon as possible. Anytime you need one, please let us know. We'll fit you in, alright?" She insisted more than offered. It was such a strange tone for a business pony to give her. "And we can give you a free treatment today due to the rudeness of our hostess if you keep it quiet."

Trixie opened her eyes to a darkened room. She wasn't in the lobby anymore. "How did Trixie get here? Why is it so dark?" She asked the spa pony.

Aloe smiled strangely. "Well, our assistant at the counter insisted to throw you out while you were sleeping. We decided to take you to a more private room to make sure she wouldn't get rid of a valued customer. You know, lazy youths who just don't really want to put in extra work. Can't really sleep well if the lights are on can we? If you like; I can take you to the bath where its better lit. Vera's been working to make sure you have a better experience than last time."

Trixie agreed as the spa pony lead her to the baths. Patchouli and clove wafted through the air of the room. Trixie lowered herself into the bath. The water and oils swirled in front of her eyes. The patterns had replayed her dream and dissippated quickly. Trixie stared at the water intensely noticing something else in the water, but she couldn't place what. The pungent odor of the patchouli and clove took over any other scent that could possibly be in the bath. "Trixie demands to know what's in this bath!"

Aloe shifted a bit. "Oh Miss Trixie, its nothing more than a simple oil bath. Patchouli with a light trace of clove is great for relaxing the mind and even releasing thoughts that have been plaguing ponies for much too long." She trailed off a bit before snapping back. "Would you like to head to the massage now Miss Trixie?"

Trixie walked out of the tub. She towelled herself off while looking into the tub. Her face staring back at her with a gravely sad expression. She smiled back, but the reflection stayed the same. Slightly freaked out, but assuming it was just her imagination; she followed the spa pony to the next room. The room was darker than before there were much fewer candles than before. The rose petals seemed to be in a different pattern around the massage table. Vera had passed by the room quickly heading towards the bath.

Trixie had gotten on top the table for her massage. The pressure from the spa pony's massage seemed to have gotten much stronger than the last time. "Trixie demands you take it easy on her worker pony!" Aloe apologized quietly and continued with a lighter, but still rather firm massage. She then dug her hoof into her lower back and almost into her kidneys. Trixie felt her magic start encasing her again. This time it was an orange color... she had never seen unicorns that have more than one color of magic. She felt so powerful, so confident that she could do anything. She felt unique and special, she'd have to remember how to get this magic back. Her entire being glowed orange. Her magic flowed everywhere in the room, but it only seemed to be absorbed into the scenery rather than become too overbearing or dangerous. Trixie had snapped out of it when Vera knocked at the door again.

It was time for the last part of her treatment. Her magic drained from the massage had weakened her. The Twins opened up the door to the aromatherapy room which was so uncharacteristically dull looking compared to the rest of the Spa. She sat down ready for her least favorite part of her trip to happen. They shut the door and after about a minute the aromas started wafting in. This time it was something much different than last time, dragon's blood and something else that was hard to pinpoint. Her energy seeped into the floors of the room and flowed into the vents. She felt like part of herself was leaving and that was okay. She didn't want to be herself anymore. She wanted to be a completely different pony and that's what the twins were best at. She shut her eyes and didn't open them for a long while.

She awoke in a dark room, lit only by candles, it seemed a lot like the massage room only different. She was on top of a table covered in rose petals, strapped down by towels. Aloe pet her head gently. "I see you woke up finally..." her voice trailed off as she grabbed a vial off to the side of the room.

Comments ( 2 )

It just gets odder and odder, wondering how this will end up :rainbowderp:

640819

I meant to go into it in chapter 2 originally but at this point I figured it'd be best to leave it on a cliff hanger about what's going on.

Login or register to comment