• Published 6th Jun 2015
  • 11,502 Views, 239 Comments

Our Blessing - MysteriousStranger



After three years of marriage, Rarity decides that it's time to bring more joy to Carousel Boutique. How will Trixie take the idea?

  • ...
14
 239
 11,502

Our Family: Pinkie Pie

Another morning arrived to Equestria, and Rarity and Trixie were still sleeping, snuggling each other. But their slumber would soon be interrupted. Slowly, the door of their room opened, and tiny hoofsteps were heard. A toddler approached from Trixie’s side and stood right in front of her, smiling. He sat and waited for the mare to wake up. Trixie, feeling a sudden shadow on her face, woke up moments later, only to find her son staring at her.

“Clementine…” Trixie whispered. “What time is it?”

“It’s sun time!” The toddler excitedly said.

“Mmm…” Trixie mumbled and yawned. Rarity, who was sleeping on Trixie’s neck, woke up because of Trixie’s movements and the talking.

“Clementine, dear.” The fashionista smiled. “Good morning.”

“Good morning, mommy!” Clementine said, still with a smile on his face.

Both mares smiled and Rarity kissed one of Trixie’s cheeks. “I’ll start preparing breakfast.” She said before sitting up. She put her golden bracelet around her hoof and walked to the kitchen.

“Mom, you too!” Clementine said as he put his tiny forelegs on the mattress of the bed.

“I’m coming, I’m coming.” Trixie said as she sat up. “You sure have a lot of energy in the mornings, son.” The mare commented as she put her golden bracelet around her hoof.

“I like sun. I want to play under it as long as I can!” Clementine said as he trotted around. He lost his balance and fell on his stomach.

“Easy there, big colt.” Trixie said with as smile as she approached to her son.

The toddler chuckled and allowed his mother to carry him downstairs. “Sun, sun, sun, sun!”

“We’ll go out shortly. We first need to refill our energy with a nice breakfast made by your lovely mother.”

“Yay!” Clementine was put in his special toddler seat. Trixie sat next to him and watched her wife cook.

“Do you need help, sweetheart?”

“No, thank you, Trixie.” Rarity smiled at her wife and son.

Trixie smiled back, but she started to sniff something odd. “Umm, Rarity…”

“Yes, honey?” Rarity got lost in her family, losing track of time.

“You might want to focus on the food.”

“What?” Rarity looked back at the meal she was cooking and saw black smoke. “Oh, no!”

Trixie rushed to assist Rarity while Clementine found the scene amusing. “Rarity, turn the stove off!”

Unfortunately, Rarity panicked and the stove knob fell, right after the fire was set to maximum. To avoid further problems, Trixie cut the gas. The fire stopped and both mares sighed in relief.

“Trixie-boo… I’m sorry…”

“It’s okay, Rarity. We’ll clean this later.” Trixie smiled to Clementine. “It’s a lovely day, why don’t we eat outside?”

“Yay!” Clementine let Rarity carry him in his saddle and the family walked out Carousel Boutique to have breakfast at Sugarcube Corner.

“Auntie Pinkie?” The toddler asked on the way.

Rarity nodded. “That’s right, dear. We’re going to eat there. Your auntie Pinkie will surely offer to cook for you personally.”

“Faster, mommy, faster!” Clementine excitedly said as he tried to jump, but Trixie held him still with her magic.

“You’ll fall if you jump, Clementine. We’ll get there soon. Sugarcube Corner just opened, there’s no need to hurry.” The showmare said with a smile.

“But my tummy is growling!” Clementine pouted.

“So is ours, dear. We’ll eat, don’t worry.” Rarity spoke.

“We don’t live far from your auntie Pinkie.” Trixie said. “Look, we’re here!”

Clementine grinned and tried to jump off from Rarity, but Trixie held him with magic again. Both mares couldn’t help but to giggle.
The family walked into Sugarcube Corner and sat on the first empty seats they found. After Trixie took hold of her son, Rarity looked for a foal chair. They set him up between them, just when Mrs. Cake arrived to take their orders.

“Trixie, Rarity. Always a pleasure to have you here.” The baker said with a smile. “And how to forget little Clementine.” Mrs. Cake spoke with a baby tone as saying the last, touching Clementine’s nose and making him giggle a bit. However, just a brief moment after Mrs. Cake said ‘Clementine’, the kitchen opened shut, revealing a pink earth pony with hair and mane that resembled cotton candy.

“Did I just hear that Clementine is here?!” Pinkie Pie searched the area and she found Rarity, Trixie, Mrs. Cake and Clementine. She galloped straight to the toddler and stopped inches away from him. “Tine! You came to visit your favorite auntie?!” The party pony had a huge grin on her face. Clementine was jumping on his seat and laughing. Rarity, Trixie and Mrs. Cake watched the scene, already used to it, with warm smiles.

“Pinkie Pie.” The fashionista spoke after some moments. “We’re pleased to see you too.”

Pinkie Pie gasped and made a small jump on her spot. “Rare, Trix! Were you here all the time?”

Trixie giggled. “Yes. We didn’t mean to scare you.”

“Oh, no probs! Do you want your favorites?” Pinkie Pie asked as her head moved from Trixie to Rarity.

“Please.” Rarity said as she nodded. “We thought it would be a good idea to have breakfast outside for a change.”

“Maybe you should destroy the kitchen more often.” Trixie said after chuckling.

“Trixie!” Rarity blushed and looked at her wife, offended.

“Come on, sweetheart. It’s not bad. No one got hurt and I think we can have the stove repaired.”

“Still… I don’t like that you tell everyone…” Rarity pouted.

“Don’t worry about me, I’m a professional!” Pinkie Pie spoke. “I’ll bring your orders soon so your tummies get all filled up!” Right after she said that, Pinkie Pie galloped to the kitchen so fast, that she just vanished. Mrs. Cake also left to attend a customer who wanted the check.

“We really should come here more often, though.” Trixie commented.

“Uh huh…” Rarity was still looking away.

“I feel like we don’t come here much. I know you don’t like eating too much pastries, but I do.”

“Uh huh…”

“Rarity…” Trixie finally noticed her wife’s vague answers. “Is everything alright?”

“Uh, huh…”

“You’re not even listening…”

Rarity looked at Trixie, still pouting. “You… you shouldn’t have mentioned what happened this morning…”

“Oh, come on, Rarity. It’s not a big deal. I’m not mad.”

“It is for me, Trixie! I’m… I’m embarrassed of what I did. Just when we renewed our kitchen, now we’ll have to do it again because of me…”

“Hey…” Trixie put a hoof on one of Rarity’s cheeks, making the later to look at her. “I’m sorry, I won’t mention it anymore. I didn’t know it affected you that much.”

Rarity still looked sad, but she put her own hoof on Trixie’s and closed her eyes. “I’m not mad, Trixie, just embarrassed.” She then smiled at her wife. “Besides, I can’t be mad at you…” She looked at Clementine, who was sucking his own hoof. “When you gave us a family.”

Trixie returned the smile. “He’s so cute…”

Clementine looked up and noticed that he was being watched and smiled. Minutes later, Pinkie Pie came from the kitchen to personally give them their orders.

“There you go! I gave your orders my special touch, and extra love for little Clementine!” Pinkie Pie said the last as she touched the toddler’s nose with her hoof, making him giggle. “Enjoy! If you need something, you know where to find me!” She winked her eye and waited for them to taste the food.

“Thanks, Pinkie.” Trixie smiled at her friend before having a bite. “Delicious!”

“You never stop amazing me, Pinkie.” Rarity commented after trying her food.

Pinkie Pie giggled. “Oh, please, you’re making me blush. Well, time to return to my station!” The party pony started to walk away.

Trixie looked at Rarity, who was feeding their son, then at Pinkie Pie. “Pinkie Pie?”

“You called?!” In the blink of an eye, Pinkie Pie was sitting right next to Trixie.

“Are you free tonight?”

“Hmm…” The party pony took her hoof to her chin and thought for a few moments. “Yuppers! I’m free!”

“Do you think you can look after Clementine, then? Rarity and I are heading out.”

“We are?” Rarity was confused. She kept feeding Clementine, but her eyes were now on Trixie and Pinkie Pie.

“Yeah. Now that I think about it, we haven’t had a date for a while, and Clementine loves his auntie Pinkie, right, son?” The toddler nodded happily. “It will be good for us.”

Rarity looked at her son, then Pinkie Pie, and finally Trixie with a smile. “Yes, alright.”

“Yay!” Both Pinkie Pie and Clementine exclaimed.

Trixie and Rarity smiled at each other and continued to eat.

***

“Do you remember where his food is?” Rarity asked once she and Trixie were at the door, leaving.

“Yes, in the vegetables section at the bottom of the fridge. Don’t worry.” Pinkie Pie giggled.

“And his toys?”

“Under the cradle.”

“His pacifier?”

“The bag under the foal cart.”

“And…?”

“She knows, sweetheart!” Trixie finally interrupted. “It’s not the first time she looked after Clementine, we didn’t change anything from their places. She will manage.”

“I shall not fail you!” Pinkie Pie saluted, imitating Rainbow Dash.

“See?” Trixie smiled at Rarity.

Rarity sighed. “I’m sorry, I know she’s capable. I’m just making sure they will be fine."

"They will. Clementine doesn’t give any problems. Now, we really need to get going. I barely managed to get a reservation so soon.” Trixie said as she and Rarity walked away. “I had to use my charm.”

“You were lucky again.” Rarity said with a smile.

“Just once, I want you to believe me…” Trixie said, and that was the last Pinkie Pie heard before closing the door. She looked back and found Clementine smiling at her, chewing a toy.

“Is that a new toy?”

Clementine nodded as Pinkie took the toy. “Godmother got it for me.”

“Fluttershy?” The party pony said as she examines the toy. “It’s a cute toy!” She returned the toy to Clementine, who immediately put it inside his mouth again. “Let’s go to your room, you have all your toys there.” Pinkie Pie grinned and walked to Clementine’s room, while the toddler followed her.

The mare sat in the middle of the room, and Clementine walked towards her lap. He climbed onto her and got comfortable. He looked up at Pinkie Pie with a joyful smile, still chewing his toy. Pinkie Pie patted Clementine’s head. “Aren’t you tired yet?” Clementine shook his head.

“Your eyes are betraying you.” Pinkie Pie noticed that the toddler’s eyes were closing. He was very comfortable and he was automatically closing his eyes.

Twinkle, twinkle, little star
How I wonder what you are
Up above the world so high
Like a diamond in the sky
Twinkle, twinkle little star
How I wonder what you are

Clementine found impossible to resist. His eyes barely opened.

When the blazing sun is gone
When he nothing shines upon
Then you show your little light
Twinkle, twinkle, all the night
Twinkle, twinkle, little star
How I wonder what you are

The colt fell asleep in the middle of the song, and Pinkie Pie put him in his cradle and covered him with a blanket. She removed the toy from Clementine’s mouth and put it between his little hooves. “Good night, Clems…” The party pony smiled and yawned. She laid on the floor, right next to the cradle to rest.

“Pinkie?! Clementine?!” Trixie exclaiming upon arriving home.

Rarity softly hit Trixie’s waist. “Shh! Clementine may be asleep!” Rarity scolded her wife with whispers.

“Sorry…” Both mares climbed the stairs, towards Clementine’s room, and found the delightful scene. They smiled and Rarity laid her head on Trixie’s chest.

“Pinkie Pie is a genius…” Rarity commented.

“Told you.” Trixie kissed Rarity’s head and both mares headed to their room. “We should repeat it some time. It was a lovely night, and you won’t be too worried about our son, knowing that he’s in good care.”

Rarity nodded. “Yes, definitely.” They got undressed, removed their bracelets and kissed. “Good night, Trixie-boo.”

“Good night, Rarity.” The fashionista embraced Trixie and they soon fell asleep. Clementine didn’t cry all night long.

Author's Note:

What’s this?! A new chapter on a completed story?! Yes, you’re not dreaming! I don’t know if I’m back yet, which is why I’m writing a few more extra chapters to this fic to see if I’m ready for another big project. That’s right, there will be more chapters! :pinkiehappy:

I want to thank Scootaloo96 for revising this chapter before it's release :twilightsmile: