• Published 6th Jun 2015
  • 11,486 Views, 239 Comments

Our Blessing - MysteriousStranger



After three years of marriage, Rarity decides that it's time to bring more joy to Carousel Boutique. How will Trixie take the idea?

  • ...
14
 239
 11,486

Welcome to Equestria

The need to get to the hospital gave Trixie enough strength to pull the wagon without resting until her friends arrived. There was only one way to get to the hospital if you weren’t able to fly, after all.

“We’ll help you, sugarcube.” Applejack said as she and Rainbow Dash helped to pull the wagon while Pinkie Pie went inside with Rarity.

“Thank you, everypony. Where are Twilight and Fluttershy?”

“Twilight sent a letter to Princess Cadence and Shining Armor to ask them to look after Sunny Shores before coming here. They will meet us there.” Rainbow Dash was the one to answer. “I don’t know why. Sunny Shores was born fast.”

“Births are not always fast. It can sometimes take hours, or so I read.” Trixie spoke, still pulling the wagon.

“Alright, Egghead two, you convinced me.” Rainbow Dash said before feeling the wagon moving. “Hey, cut it out in there. Don’t move!”

“I’m just trying to make Rarity laugh!” Pinkie Pie’s voice was heard.

“She needs to focus to contain the foal until we make it to the hospital. Just keep her calm, don’t make her laugh!” Trixie sounded rude, and in part, she was. Pulling the wagon and trying to get to the hospital in time also made her impatient. Following the yelling, silence ruled. Trixie would apologize to her friend later once everything was over.

“Look, we’re almost there!” Applejack said upon seeing the hospital.

“I’ll go ahead and bring some paramedics to take Rarity.” Rainbow Dash said.

“Good thinking, Rainbow.” Trixie said as she tried to smile. Rainbow Dash nodded and flew until she reached the entrance. She landed and trotted inside, getting out a couple of minutes later with paramedics carrying a wheelchair. Trixie and Applejack stopped pulling and allowed the paramedics to take Rarity.

“I’ll go with you, she’s my wife!” Trixie exclaimed. “I’ll meet you, girls, inside.” The showmare said to her friends before following the paramedics.

“Good luck!” Rainbow Dash yelled. Trixie waved at her friends before getting into the hospital.

“Take her to the shared prenatal room number three!” A nurse commanded. The paramedics took the Rarity to said room, with Trixie following behind. They put Rarity on a obstetric delivery bed.

“Wait here. Your gynecologist will arrive soon.” One of the paramedics said before leaving with his co-worker.

“Thank you.” Trixie smiled at them before turning to Rarity. “How are you feeling, sweetheart?” She said as she walked next to her wife.

“I can’t complain. I feel calm now that we’re here.”

“Don’t worry. So far, our gynecologist hasn’t failed us. He’ll deliver our foal healthy.” The blue Unicorn held one of Rarity’s forelegs.

“I know. I just wish we had a private room.”

“It can’t be so bad. Maybe we’ll leave before another mother arrives.”

“I sure hope so.”

Trixie kissed Rarity on her forehead. “Keep breathing. I’ll make a tour around the room.” The magician pony walked to the other bed. Both beds had curtains to give the mother privacy when birth started. The room had shelving. On top of it, there were models of a mare's reproductive systems. Trixie magically took one to take a closer look, but she almost dropped it when she touched it with her forelegs. She heard Rarity making a facehoof.

“Trixie, why did you even take it? You know how they are!”

“To kill time until our doctor arrived.” Trixie was blushing of embarrassment. She put the model back on its place before walking to the empty bed. She got into it and put her rear legs on the leg sections. She played with them until the door opened and a couple entered the room. Trixie tried to leave the bed quickly but she fell on the floor. The newly arrived couple saw everything and Rarity facehoofed again.

“Why don’t you just stay with me?”

“Yes, sweetheart.” Trixie said as she stood up. She looked at the newcomers. “Sorry you had to see that.”

“Oh, don’t worry. Actually, I did the same last time I was here.” The stallion said with a smile. “This is our second foal.”

“Oh, you don’t have problems with going through birth all over again?” Rarity asked while Trixie walked to her side.

“Everything is worth it once you hold your foal. I smiled the moment I had my son between my hooves. I didn’t care about the pain anymore.” The mare answered, touching her belly before looking at her husband. Moments later, she looked at Rarity again. “I take that this is your first time.”

Rarity nodded. “A friend of mine gave birth a few weeks ago. She almost died and I’m a little worried.”

“That’s possible to happen if the mother’s body can’t resist the loss of blood. But, don’t worry, you look strong. You’ll make it.”

“Thank you.” Rarity smiled at the pony on the wheelchair. The newcomer mare, suddenly, closed her eyes and began to yell. Her husband kneed before her.

“Breathe, honey.” His wife calmed down seconds later.

“Contractions. Take me to the bed, please.” The stallion put his wife on the bed just as two doctors arrived. One went to where the newcomers were and closed the curtains while the other one headed to where Rarity and Trixie were, also closing the curtains.

“I’m glad to see you again, doctor.” Rarity greeted her gynecologist.

“Good afternoon, Rarity. How are you holding up?”

“Good, I think.”

“Let me take a look.” The doctor said before checking Rarity’s private area. “Hmm, the dilatation is slow. I’m afraid that this may take a while.”

“How long?” Trixie asked.

“Two days, at most.”

“Two days?! Can it take so long?” Trixie asked.

“Yes. Don’t worry, Rarity. I’ll watch your progress to see if it goes any faster. While you wait, you’ll be able to receive visits. Some mares are asking about you.”

“They have to be our friends.” Trixie spoke. “Can you bring them here when you leave?”

“Certainly.” The doctor said as he wrote something on his notepad. “I will go now. If anything happens, don’t hesitate on pushing the button and I’ll come as fast as I can.”

“Thank you.” Rarity said. The doctor opened the curtains and left the room. The other curtains were still closed. “I’m not liking the idea of being here for two days, Trixie-boo.”

“Me neither, but, what can we do?” Trixie said as she caressed Rarity’s hoof. “Try to relax.” Rarity looked at Trixie and smiled at her. Applejack and Pinkie Pie entered the room some moments later.

“Hey there, sugarcube.” Applejack was looking at Rarity. “How are you feeling?”

“I’ve been better.” Trixie replied before Rarity did.

“Ah’ asked Rarity.” Applejack said, half annoyed. Trixie looked away, embarrassed. She was distracted.

“I’m fine, darling. But I’m afraid that we might be here for a while. You can all leave when you get bored of waiting, if you want. We’ll understand.”

“Are you kidding? We’re not leaving until your son or daughter leaves your accommodations!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed. Trixie, Rarity and Applejack shushed her. “Oopsie, sorry!”

“Ah’ll see how long can Ah’ stay. Ah’ have to return to buck mah apple trees.”

“Yes, of course you’re excused.” Trixie said. “What’s Rainbow Dash doing?”

“That silly pony refuses to visit you in to avoid goin’ through her traumatic experience again, so she’s waiting for Twilight and Fluttershy.”

“I see.” Trixie had to cover her mouth with a hoof to repress laughs. “I have a stool in my wagon. Applejack, can you bring it to me so I can sit?”

“Sure, sugarcube.”

“Thanks.” The showmare said. Applejack left and Trixie noticed that Pinkie Pie was grinning to her. “Yes, Pinkie?”

“What do I do, what do I do?!”

“Umm, would you be so kind to bring water to Rarity and coffee for me?”

“Yes! I’ll be back before you can say Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!”

“Super-what?” Pinkie Pie left before Trixie could get her answer. “That pony never stops surprising me.” The blue Unicorn commented to her wife moments later.

“Her sense of humor is needed. Without her, Ponyville wouldn’t be the same.” Rarity said. “I’m glad that our foal will be surrounded by good ponies.”

“You’re right. Ponyville is the best place to be born in, and, it will have you as a mother. Our foal is so lucky.”

“It will have you as a mother as well, don’t forget about that.” Rarity said as she reached a hoof to one of Trixie’s. “I’ll be mother and you’ll be mommy and mom when it reaches a certain age.”

“I like the sound of that.” Trixie smiled at Rarity before leaning to give Rarity a peck on her lips.

Twilight and Fluttershy arrived two hours later and went to see Rarity and Trixie once they had greeted the rest of their friends. The couple which were in the same room left an hour ago to give birth in another room.

“How are you two holding up?” Twilight asked as she and Fluttershy approached to Rarity and Trixie.

“I don’t know what to do to kill time. Our doctor doesn’t allow us to use cards nor any board games.” Trixie commented with her head on her forelegs.

“By this time, your daughter was already born. I envy you, Fluttershy.” Rarity said.

“I almost died, Rarity. You don’t want that, trust me.” Fluttershy said with her usual tone.

“Speaking of which, do you think that Sunny Shores will be fine with Shining Armor and Princess Cadence? What if she gets hungry?” Trixie inquired.

“Princess Cadence will come here to let Fluttershy feed Sunny.” Twilight spoke. “We’re sorry for taking so long.”

“Don’t worry, Twilight, we understand. Your daughter comes first.” Rarity said as she got more comfortable. “You’re here now, and that’s what matters.”

“Thank you, Rarity. Did the doctors tell you the estimated time for birth?” The lavender Unicorn asked with a smile.

“Two days, at the most.” The fancy Unicorn said as she looked down.

“Oh, wow…”

“I know.” Rarity sighed. “Fluttershy, if you want to return home…”

“Don’t worry about me, Rarity. If by the end of the day you haven’t given birth yet, I’ll return to sleep at home and I’ll come in the morning.” Fluttershy assured her best friend.

“Thank you, darling.”

More hours passed and Rarity only dilated two more centimeters. She needed to six centimeters more to give birth properly. Princess Cadence came with a crying Sunny Shores at a moment and stayed outside, where Fluttershy went to feed her daughter. A day passed and there was still no foal, but Rarity progressed a lot. Trixie had to sleep on the seats outside their prenatal room. More couples arrived to the room Rarity and Trixie were, but they all left to have their foals. Rarity was getting impatient and Trixie was the one who had to suffer for it.

“Do something, Trixie!” Rarity wasn’t happy.

“What am I supposed to do? It’s up to your body now! I can only give you moral support.”

“Kind words won’t make our foal to be born faster. Can’t you help me to push my belly to make it born faster?”

“Are you even listening to what you’re saying? That’s not how it works…”

“Then at least try to amuse me! You have been sitting there since yesterday, barely doing anything!”

“Because I break everything I touch.”

“Then, stop being clumsy and entertain me!”

“Rarity…” Trixie spoke slowly and clearly. “I love you and I understand that what you’re going through isn’t… fun, but try to calm down. It’s one thing to yell at our home, but in a hospital? Please, at least try. I would hate having to get mad at you.” Trixie said the last while putting a hoof on Rarity’s chin.

“Trixie-boo…” Rarity used a hoof to take Trixie’s. “I’m sorry, I’m truly sorry. I’m just so tired. I want our foal to be born now to go home and finally begin our new life.”

“I know, and I want that too.” The showmare said before kissing Rarity’s forehead. “We’re almost there, sweetheart.”

Rarity smiled and she was about to kiss Trixie on the lips, when the doors opened and two paramedics entered pulling a stretcher inside with a crying mare on it.

“Uh, oh…” One of the paramedics said as he stopped and took a look. “She’s about to give birth, let’s take her to the delivery room!”

“Oh, come on!” Rarity angrily exclaimed as the crying mare was being taken away. “I don’t believe this! What about me?!”

“Rarity, please…” Trixie said as she closed her eyes, losing her patience. “Don’t make me repeat…”

“But, she mocked me! She came here only to show me…!”

“You perfectly know that she didn’t do it on purpose!” Trixie exploded, which scared her wife. Her left eye was burning a bit. The blue Unicorn looked down when she realized what just happened. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to….”

“You have nothing to apologize, Trixie.” The fashionista said as she brought Trixie closer to her to hug her. “It was my fault.”

“I should have more patience. Your hormones are making you act like this.”

“I’m not mad at you if that’s what’s worrying you.” Rarity said as she made Trixie look at her. They were about to kiss again when the doors opened, this time by Twilight and Applejack.

“Is everything alright? We heard you yelling and… oh…” The librarian spoke and stopped to blush of embarrassment when she saw the scene. “We’re sorry, we didn’t mean to interrupt.”

“Ah imagined somethin’ else.” Applejack spoke, blushing too.

“It’s fine, don’t worry.” Trixie said as she returned to her seat. Both she and Rarity were blushing madly. “We’re tired and neither of us can control our emotions.”

“My body is killing me.” Rarity spoke. “I need a massage.”

“I’ll give you one when everything’s over.” The magician pony said while she softly stroked Rarity’s hair.

“Do you need anythin’, sugarcube? Cold water, perhaps?” Applejack said to the pregnant mare.

“No, I’m fine, darling, thank you.” The fancy Unicorn as she smiled. She closed her eyes and trird to relax while Trixie pampered her. Twilight and Applejack were about to leave when, suddenly, Rarity cried of pain.

“Sweetheart, what’s wrong?” Trixie stood up and put her forelegs on Rarity’s withers.

“Call… the doctor!” Rarity managed to say between moans. Applejack nodded and left while Twilight trotted to the side of the bed, opposite to Trixie.

“Don’t worry, Rarity, he will be here soon.” The lavender Unicorn tried to calm her friend down. “What are you feeling?”

“The foal… I feel it… I think that it’s time…!”

“What?” Trixie wasn’t sure how to react. “Okay, sweetheart, breathe. Give Applejack time to bring our doctor.”

“Don’t worry, Rarity, everything will be fine.” Twilight spoke. “Just remember that you’ll have a foal after you get through this. Keep thinking on that and it will give you strength to continue.”

“I-I’ll do that… thank you, Twilight. Will you and Applejack stay with me too?” Rarity managed to say.

“I’m afraid they can’t.” The doctor said as he arrived with Applejack. “I’ll need room. Now, let me see… oh, my. There’s no time to take you to the delivery room. I’ll have to deliver it right here.”

“Don’t worry, Rarity. We’ll be outside.” Twilight said as she walked out with Applejack. The farmer pony glanced one last time to smirk and nod at the couple before leaving.

“Alright, miss, listen to me. This might not take long. I want you to keep breathing. Push when I say so.”

“Yes, doctor.” Rarity was scared and excited at the same time.

“Very well. One… two… three… push!” Rarity did as she was told and pushed as hard as she could until she couldn’t anymore and relaxed her muscles. “I think I saw something. Breathe.”

“You’re doing great, sweetheart.” Trixie encouraged her wife. She was holding one of Rarity’s hooves. Rarity tried to smile but she barely managed to.

“Alright, get ready.” The doctor spoke after a some seconds. “One… two… three… push!” The fashionista pushed as hard as she could again and moved her torso abruptly, hitting Trixie’s head with her own.

“Keep pushing!” The downed Unicorn said before standing back up, with a hoof on her head. “Ouch! You have no idea how much it hurts!” Both the doctor and Rarity glared at Trixie, stopping the birth. Trixie quickly realized how out of place her comment was. “Come on, keep pushing!”

“What I saw before, it’s more clear. It’s a horn!” The doctor said as they returned to the birth process. Trixie smiled widely and looked at Rarity, who was struggling.

“Trixie… we’re both Unicorns, it isn’t really… a shock.”

“I know, but still.”

“Almost there. These are your last efforts. Rest some more.” The doctor said and Rarity laid on the bed.

“I want it to be over, now.” Rarity was panting.

“Don’t worry, beautiful. You’re doing great. At this rate, you might only need to push one more time.” Trixie said as she cleaned Rarity’s sweat with a napkin.

“It hurts so much, Trixie. Please, don’t let go my hoof.”

“Never.” Trixie whispered softly, which made Rarity smile despite the pain she was going through.

“Alright, whenever you’re ready.” The doctor spoke after the tender moment.

“Make us mommies.” Trixie encouraged her wife as she held her hoof tight. Rarity closed her eyes and got ready.

“One, two, three… push! There, good, good. The horn is out, now the hair, the head, the belly!” The sound of a foal crying was heard through the room. Rarity panted again as she rested her head on the pillow and Trixie smiled widely. “Congratulations, he’s a colt.” Trixie looked at Rarity, who was looking at the doctor.

“My son… can I hold my son?”

“I’m sorry, Miss Rarity, but I have to wash him first and cut his umbilical cord. Don’t worry, I’ll give you your son shortly, at your new room.” The doctor said before leaving with the foal.

The magician pony kissed Rarity’s forehead. “Did you see him? He’s… he’s…”

“Handsome. Once I have him between my hooves, I’ll never let him go.” Just as Rarity finished speaking, two nurses came in and moved Rarity’s bed outside the room, taking her through the corridors.

“He’s barely a minute born and you’re already acting like an obsessive mother.” Trixie said as she walked next to the bed.

“I can’t help it. He has been the past eleven months within me. I’ve made sure he had everything he needed to be born healthy and I promised myself to be the best mother any foal could have, and I won’t break that promise.” They arrived to their room shortly after Rarity finished speaking and they were left alone.

“You will be a great mother, Rarity, I know it. If someone is going to screw anything up it will be me.” Trixie jokingly said.

“Oh, Trixie-boo, where did all your confidence go?” Rarity was still exhausted, but she managed to smile a bit.

“My confidence lead to hate. I don’t want that again.”

“Trixie, your confidence wasn’t the reason you were hated, it was your egocentrism. Maybe the citizens of Ponyville were amazed with your act when you first arrived, but me, Applejack and Rainbow Dash didn’t think so, and Twilight felt cornered. She feared that she would lose her new friends if she proved to be more powerful than you. You were confident, yes, but you also bragged about your skills, and it was the last what led two colts to bring an Ursa Minor to Ponyville.”

“Did you… hate me?”

“You turned my hair green, Trixie, that’s the worst color for a mane! You know by now how much I take care of my appearance.”

“Yeah, I suppose that you had a good reason to hate me.” Trixie looked down, ashamed.

“Trixie-boo…” The fashionista put a hoof on one of Trixie’s withers. “It’s in the past. We had this conversation already, I love you now and I’ll still love you tomorrow. I wouldn’t have dated you on the first place if you hadn’t made amends with everypony.”

Trixie raised her gaze to look at her wife and smiled as she leaned closer to kiss her. Their kiss was interrupted when the door open abruptly and their friends entered the room, lead by Pinkie Pie.

“Hello! We were told that you were here!” The party pony cheerfully said.

“Pinkie Pie, you didn’t have to kick the door to open it.” Twilight scolded her friend.

“It’s faster this way!” Pinkie Pie defended herself.

“It will also get you kicked out.” Rainbow Dash joined. “What if Rarity was trying to sleep?”

“Oooh… oopsie! Rarity, where you trying to sleep?” Pinkie Pie said, still smiling.

“No, darling. I won’t sleep until I can hold my foal.”

“Oh, they should give it to you soon. They have to wash all the fluids.”

“Ah don’t want to keep callin’ the foal ‘it’. Tell us the gender, girls.” Just when Trixie was about to answer, a nurse came in carrying the little colt, wrapped in towels. His eyes were closed.

“Here’s your son.” The nurse said as she handed the foal to his mother. The colt’s coat was blue, like Trixie’s. His hair had Rarity’s color.

“Thank you.” Rarity said, taking her son and holding him close, watching him sleep. Trixie got closer.

“He’s so cute…” Fluttershy excitedly said, even when she said it with her usual tone.

“He really is. Congratulations.” Applejack said.

“Thank you.” Trixie said, not looking away from the foal.

“Sooo… what’s his name?”

The blue Unicorn raised her head. “Oh, no, the name! We don’t have a name!”

“I have one, and I think you will love it.” Rarity calmly said, softly caressing the foal’s hair. “Everypony, this is… Clementine.” All gazes went to Trixie, whose gaze was directed to Rarity.

“Y-You named him after my brother?”

Rarity nodded. “Because I know that he will be an incredible pony, like your brother was.” She said before looking at her wife. “Don’t you like it?”

“I’m speechless… this means so much to me. Thank you, Rarity.” Trixie was crying of joy. Her left eye produced less tears than the right one since the day she got badly hurt by what she considered a monster. “The name is… perfect.”

“I thought you would… mpmh!” Trixie gave Rarity a peck on her lips before looking at Clementine. All of their friends walked closer for a group hug.

Author's Note:

Yup, he’s a colt! I had it planned so he would be named after Trixie’s deceased good brother :twilightsmile:

Some of you said that it would be fitting if he was born a Pegasus so Trixie could have a second chance to make things right, but, I had already everything planned and he has to be a Unicorn :rainbowderp:

Who can guess what inspiration I had for the whole birth process? Answer, here :pinkiehappy:

I want to thank Wonder for revising this chapter before its release :pinkiesmile: