• Published 6th Jun 2015
  • 11,488 Views, 239 Comments

Our Blessing - MysteriousStranger



After three years of marriage, Rarity decides that it's time to bring more joy to Carousel Boutique. How will Trixie take the idea?

  • ...
14
 239
 11,488

Our Family: Twilight and Fluttershy

Trixie was in her room with all her belongings, checking her chest to see if she needed to get more supplies for her next show. Suddenly, the door opened slowly and somepony walked in.

“Rough day?” Trixie spoke without looking back. She knew who it was.

“Yes… my last customer just left.” Rarity replied as she approached to a shelf containing more of Trixie’s belongings. “She didn’t know what she wanted, it was a nightmare!”

“Mares, right?” Trixie joked, now turning to face her wife.

“Oh, ha, ha.” Rarity laughed sarcastically, but she had a smile on her face. “I could finally close for the day. I’m free this afternoon.”

“Oh, really?” Trixie smiled with a special smile she only used with Rarity and approached to her. “What can we do?”

“Well…” Rarity lightly pawed with a hoof on the floor, blushed and looked down. “There has been something I have been meaning to do all day…”

“I’m all ears.” Trixie stood right in front of Rarity. The fashionista looked up, only to find Trixie gazing at her, still with her special smile. Rarity cut the distance between them with a kiss. Trixie returned the kiss, and it soon became more passionate. The magician pony put a hoof on one of Rarity’s cheek and Rarity was about to put her hooves around Trixie’s neck, when the door opened again.

“Mom, mommy, I’m bored!” Clementine said as he walked in.

“Son!” Trixie broke the kiss before their son could see them. Both her and her wife were blushing. “I didn’t hear you coming.”

The colt giggled. “I wanna play!”

“Dear, you have toys in your room. You can bring them here if you want.”

Clementine shook his head. “No. I wanna Sunny! Friend Sunny!”

Trixie and Rarity looked at each other. Rarity was exhausted and Trixie knew it, but they couldn’t say no to their son. They had to walk all the way to Fluttershy’s cottage. “Alright, dear.” The fashionista said with a smile. “We’ll visit your Godmothers.”

“Yay!” Clementine trotted towards the front door.

“Sweetheart, I’m sorry, but we won’t be able to rest today…” Trixie said after their son left.

“It’s fine, I can do this sacrifice. For him.” Rarity smiled happily at her wife. “I’ll take a relaxing bath when we’re back and snuggle against you in the night. That will do it.”

***

“Do you like green eggs and ham? I do not like them, Sam-I-am. I do not like green eggs and ham…” Fluttershy was on the couch, reading a children’s book to her daughter, Sunny Shores, while Twilight was laying on the floor, next to them, reading magic books, and Spike was organizing the books of the bookshelf.

“Green eggs, yuk!” Sunny Shores said.

“That’s right, Sunny. Green eggs are bad.” Fluttershy said with a smile, turning the page. However, somepony knocked on the door.

“I’ll get it.” Twilight said as she bookmarked her book. She stood up and walked towards the door, opening it. “Rarity, Trixie! Oh, and Clementine!”

“Twilight, darling!” Rarity hugged her friend. “How are you?”

“I’m fine, we’re fine. Thank you for asking. How about you?” Twilight said as she returned the hug.

“Marvelous!” Rarity broke the hug so Twilight could hug Trixie. The fashionista saw her best friend approaching with Sunny Shores. “Clementine here wanted to visit his friend.”

“Sunny!” Trixie had to duck so her son could get off. The colt trotted towards the filly. “Play time!”

“Yay!” Sunny Shores giggled and both she, and Clementine started to run around the cottage, all while the mares sat on the table.

“We’re sorry for coming without notice. Clementine really wanted to see Sunny Shores.” Trixie spoke. “Hello, Spike.” She smiled at the young dragon.

“Hey, Trixie.” Spike smiled at his friend before focusing on the books again.

“Oh, please, you’re no bother at all.” Twilight said with a smile. “You know you’re welcome here whenever you want, as long as we’re at home, of course.” The librarian finished with a giggle.

“Thank you, darlings.” Rarity smiled. “My hooves are killing me. I had a long day of work, and I hoped to get some rest.”

“Oh, poor thing.” Fluttershy worriedly said.

“It’s fine. I don’t mind, for Clementine. I would be angry if somepony else forced me to leave my home.” Rarity said, glaring at Trixie as she said the last.

“Oh, come on, sweetheart, it was only one time! Applejack was selling two apple pies for the price of one if I brought someone else. I wanted apple pie.”

“You could have just bought one, and let me rest…”

“Why have one when you can have two?” Trixie said with a smug.

Rarity sighed. “Trixie…”

The magician pony smiled proudly, and looked at her friends again. “Anyway, girls, how is Sunny Shores treating you?”

“Huh?” Twilight shook her head. “Oh, she’s behaving just fine. She’s calm and doesn’t gives us much problems. She’s often sitting, staring at pictures, or keeping Fluttershy company when she’s taking care of the forest critters.”

“Aww, how cute!” Rarity exclaimed.

“Well…” Fluttershy blushed a little. “I’m glad to not to be alone. I didn't realize how lonely I was here all by myself, before Trixie returned.”

“I’m glad to hear that.” Trixie said with a smile.

Twilight put a foreleg on Fluttershy’s and smiled at her, making the later blush even more. “I won’t leave you alone, nor you or Sunny. I love you both.”

Fluttershy smiled. “We are a wonderful little family, aren’t we?”

Twilight chuckled. “Yes, we are.” All four mares looked at their foals play with pride. They were still trotting around and laughing. They kept playing for hours. Rarity and Trixie felt it was time to leave.

“Come on, Clementine. Time to go home.” Rarity said as she and her wife were by the door.

“Aww, I don’t wanna! I want to play more!” Clementine pouted.

“Son, we have to go back home. It’s getting dark.” Trixie spoke. “And I’m sure Twilight and Fluttershy have stuff to do.”

“Actually, Trixie…” Twilight spoke. “We don’t. If you want, Clementine can stay.”

“Really, can I?” Clementine grinned and looked at his parents. “Mom, mommy, she said I can stay!”

“Twilight, are you sure?” Trixie looked at her best friend.

“Yes. We can take care of him for the night. You girls said you needed a break, and Clementine is more than welcome here. Right, Shy?” Twilight looked at Fluttershy with a smile.

Fluttershy nodded. “Yeah. It won’t be a problem.”

Trixie and Rarity looked at each other. “Well, sweetheart, you do need to relax…” The magician pony said.

Rarity thought for a few moments. She looked at her son, his friend, then to her friends and finally back to her wife with a smile. “He can stay.”

“Yay!” Both Clementine and Sunny Shores exclaimed.

Both Rarity and Trixie smiled and looked at their friends. “Thank you.” Trixie said.

“You’re most welcome, Trixie. Go, enjoy your time alone.”

“Goodbye.” Rarity hugged her friends and Trixie did the same, before they walked out and back to their home.

“After your bath, I’ll give you a good massage.” Trixie said as she linked tails with Rarity.

“Thank you, Trixie-boo.” Rarity said as she put a head on Trixie’s wither.

Twilight closed the door and looked at Fluttershy, who was glaring at her.

“What? Do I have something on my teeth?” The librarian said as she checked her own teeth with a hoof.

“Twi, you promised to stop taking decisions without asking me…”

“Oh, I know, Shy, but you know it was the best idea. Did you see Rarity? She was exhausted.”

“I-I know, but…” Fluttershy had no argument. She knew her wife was right, and she would have done the same. She sighed and looked down, embarrassed. “I’m sorry. You did the right thing…”

Twilight approached to Fluttershy and put a hoof on one of her withers. “Don’t be ashamed, honey. I did make a decision without asking you. You could have had plans…”

Fluttershy shook her head. “I would have cancelled them. I should have realized that my best friend was tired. I got mad for no reason…” She was about to cry when something patted her leg. The yellow Pegasus looked down to find Clementine touching her leg and Sunny Shores next to him.

“We’re hungry.” Clementine said.

Fluttershy smiled. “Oh, don’t worry. I’ll give you food right away.” Fluttershy walked to the kitchen, followed by the toddlers, while Twilight watched with a big smile. Moments later, Spike walked in the cottage.

“Spike.” Twilight greeted the young dragon. “Did you find any fireflies?”

“I sure did!” Spike said as he held a jar of fireflies. “They will give us the light Sunny Shores needs to not be scared of the dark.”

“Thank you, Spike. I hope Clementine Jr. doesn’t minds the light.”

“Clementine? Didn't he leave with Rarity and Trixie?”

The Unicorn shook her head. “No. I offered them to look after Clementine tonight so Rarity could relax. You saw how tired she was.”

“Now that you mention it, I did see that her eyes were red…”

“Exactly. So, they will rest tonight, while we take care of both of the foals.”

Spike smiled. “It won’t be a problem. They were playing for hours so they will surely fall asleep after they eat something.”

Twilight giggled. “That’s right. Fluttershy is making them something right now. Put the fireflies in Sunny’s room while the food is being made.”

“Sure thing!” Spike ran to Sunny Shore’s room, which was the room Trixie used to sleep in while she lived with Fluttershy. He got back just when Fluttershy was putting the plates on the table.

“Time for dinner!” Fluttershy announced.

“Yay!” Both foals exclaimed and sat on the foal’s chair to eat. Twilight and Spike sat on the table to eat as well. The foals yawned in the middle of the meal and couldn’t finish it because they were falling asleep. Fluttershy carried them to Sunny’s bedroom, where they kept sleeping.

Twilight and Spike joined her to watch them sleep for a few moments.

“They’re so cute…” Fluttershy commented.

“They are…” Twilight said as she laid her head on Fluttershy’s wither. “Remember our first date?”

“Nope, I’m leaving!” Spike raised one of his claws and walked to his room, to avoid the cheesy conversation.

“Yes I do…” Fluttershy continued the conversation, not paying attention to Spike leaving. “A lovely night to stargaze. I was so nervous…”

“So was I… and look at us now, with a family.”

Fluttershy gazed at Twilight before kissing her with passion. “I love you, Twilight…” She whispered after the kiss.

“I love you too…” Twilight whispered back. “Let’s go to bed.”

Fluttershy nodded and followed her wife to the bedroom, where she snuggled against Twilight to sleep.

Author's Note:

Bonus chapter 2 is over. Liking it so far? I hope so! There’s one chapter to go! :D

I want to thank Scootaloo96 for revising this chapter before its release :)