• Published 6th Jun 2015
  • 11,486 Views, 239 Comments

Our Blessing - MysteriousStranger



After three years of marriage, Rarity decides that it's time to bring more joy to Carousel Boutique. How will Trixie take the idea?

  • ...
14
 239
 11,486

Winter Warmth

Eight months later…

Winter has arrived to Equestria and Trixie couldn’t be any happier. With snow covering Ponyville, Rarity wouldn’t be able to move anywhere due to her size. She could barely walk and she was feeling pain constantly. Rarity didn’t do anything else but complain about the hard time her body was giving her. The fashionista was laying on a blanket near the boutique’s fireplace, relaxing and enjoying the evening.

“Trixie-boo, I’m still starving! What’s taking so long?!” Rarity’s voice could be heard in the entire place.

“Just a minute!” It was incredible the amount of patience Trixie had. Rarity has rarely acted nice towards her wife the past two months. "Calm down, Trixie. Just three more months and she will be the way she really is." The blue Unicorn sighed and put everything on a tray before walking to where Rarity was. “Here you go, beautiful. Your… food.”

Rarity took the tray and put it on her side. On it, there was a mug with hot chocolate and cucumbers, and a slice of cherry pie with onions on a plate. Trixie watched disgusted as Rarity ate. “Mmm, delicious. But you took too long, Trixie.”

“I apologize, Rarity. I had problems with the onions and I couldn’t find the cucumbers anywhere.” Trixie said, looking down. But she was actually getting angry by the way Rarity treated her. Her left eye was killing her.

“Why don’t you put them somewhere you don’t forget? Do you have any idea how much was I starving?”

“I only took five minutes, Rarity…” Trixie said between her teeth.

“You should have got everything ready in two minutes! All you had to do was to chop the onions, open a jar to get the cucumbers and prepare a simple hot beverage.”

“Again, I’m sorry.”

“You better be faster, next time!” Rarity said as she pointed at Trixie with a fork. “Where’s the glass of water? Don’t tell me that you forgot again…!”

Trixie glared at Rarity with only her right eye. “I’ll be right back.” Rarity was startled by Trixie’s expression. It made her realize that she was abusing of her too much. The showmare returned seconds later with a glass of water and put it on the tray. “Here.” Trixie sat next to Rarity and looked to the opposite side of her, trying to cease the pain on her left eye. She didn’t expect being embraced seconds later by Rarity. “Wh-What are you doing? Don’t move too much…”

“I’m sorry, Trixie-boo.”

“Rarity…?” Trixie didn’t know how to react.

“I have been nothing but a problem to you. Why are you letting me control you?”

“Because I know that it’s your hormones making you act like that. You don’t mean it.” Trixie was able to open both of her eyes to gaze at Rarity’s blue eyes.

“You’re such a sweetheart, Trixie. You must love me to death to stand me.”

“Literally, and you know it.” Trixie said with a smile before giving Rarity a peck on her lips. “What made you come to your senses?”

“The way you looked at me. I saw you suffering, and, of course, your eye. Seeing you truly angry or sad is something I don’t enjoy.” Rarity nuzzled her head against Trixie’s neck. “I might be rude again tomorrow. Let me make it up to you today.”

“Beautiful, you don’t have to.”

“I didn’t show you my affection properly these past months. I want to make things right, now.” The fancy Unicorn gave Trixie a long and passionate kiss, which was immediately returned, before looking at her wife deeply into her eyes with bedroom eyes. “Trixie-boo, help me to get to our bedroom.”

“But, your food…”

“Bedroom, now!”

Trixie’s ears raised, confused and startled. She got the message moments later. “Oh…”

Rarity giggled before reaching a hoof to Trixie. After being helped to stand up, Trixie helped her to climb the stairs. Before allowing Rarity to enter the bedroom, Trixie went inside first to take Opalescence outside the room. When the showmare made sure that everything was in conditions, she welcomed her wife inside to have a magical night.

***

Two weeks later...

In a cottage, on the outskirts of Ponyville, a lavender Unicorn was sitting on the floor by the fireplace, reading a book, while a yellow Pegasus with a big belly had her head on the Unicorn’s lap. Twilight had a hoof on Fluttershy’s hair and Fluttershy was smiling. It was peaceful. They could be like that forever, but Fluttershy felt something. She looked down at her rear legs and she noticed that she got suddenly wet.

“Um, Twilight…?”

“Yes?”

“My water has just broken…”

Twilight raised her head and looked at Fluttershy. The floor, as well as the lower part of her wife, were wet. “Oh, no… Oh, no, oh, no, oh, no…! The foal is coming now?!” The Unicorn said as she stood up. “I was hoping your water would break next week!”

“I’m sorry…”

“No, it’s not your fault… there’s no time to argue, we have to get you to the hospital!”

“But, Twilight, there’s a blizzard outside. We can’t leave our home.”

The librarian looked out the window and to find a storm. It was still dangerous to leave, especially with a mare about to give birth. “Spike!” A lavender young dragon came running from upstairs. “I need you to look after Fluttershy while I look for a doctor, she’s giving birth!”

“Really?” Spike said as he looked at the Pegasus on the floor, but Twilight put a foreleg on one of his cheeks to make him look at her.

“Focus, Spike, every second counts! Assist her until I return!”

Spike didn’t need to hear it again. He nodded and ran to the bathroom. While Twilight put on a scarf and a coat, Spike returned with a hot towel and put it on Fluttershy’s forehead. Twilight galloped into the snow, keeping a hoof in front of her face to prevent the snow from blocking her vision. “I can’t see where I’m going. How am I supposed to find a doctor if I can’t even see Ponyville? It’s too cold, but I can’t give up.” Twilight walked as fast as the snow allowed her. She must have walked for around five minutes before she distinguished a figure resembling a pony in the middle of the blizzard. “Who’s there?! Hello?!” The figure moved, walker closer to him until Twilight could distinguish who it was. “Applejack?”

“Twilight? What in tarnation are you doin’ outside?!” The farmer pony was wearing a red and yellow scarf, but not her trademark Stetson.

“I could ask you the same thing!”

“Rainbow wanted to show me somethin’. She’s nearby. You should go home before you catch a cold!”

“No, I can’t go back, not yet! I need to get to Ponyville!”

“AJ, there you are!” A cyan Pegasus appeared out of nowhere, fluttering her wings until she reached the ground. “Twilight?”

“You can’t git to Ponyville. You’ll freeze to death before even being able to distinguish the town from the snow!”

“Why do you want to go to Ponyville, anyway?!” Rainbow Dash joined the discussion.

“I have to find a doctor. Fluttershy is giving birth right now!”

“She’s what?!” Both Applejack and Rainbow Dash exclaimed at unison.

“That’s right. I must keep going!”

“Twilight, wait!” Applejack stopped her friend from leaving by putting a hoof on one of her withers. The farmer pony looked at Rainbow Dash. "Rainbow, can you clear the path for Twilight?"

"I'm sorry, AJ, but the blizzard is way too strong, even for me."

Twilght sighed. "I don’t have a choice.”

“Yes you do. As Ah said, you’ll freeze to death!” Twilight turned her body to face Applejack. “Take me. I’ll help Fluttershy to give birth.”

“What?!” Both Twilight and Rainbow Dash exclaimed at unison.

“Ah have experience. Ah have helped cows to give birth before.”

“Applejack, a calf isn’t the same as a foal!” Rainbow Dash said.

“It’s almost the same process!” Applejack said to Rainbow Dash before looking back at Twilight. “Sugarcube, Ah’ll do it. You can call a doctor to check the foal's health once the storm is over.”

“Okay, come with me Applejack. I can’t waste any more time. Let’s go!” Both Twilight and Applejack began their way to the cottage.

“This will be a disaster.” Rainbow Dash commented to no one in particular and followed them. When they arrived, Twilight opened the front door of her home and walked in with both of her friends. They removed their scarves and coat.

“Twilight, you’re back! Where’s the doctor? What are Applejack and Rainbow Dash doing here” Spike said as soon as he saw that Twilight was back.

“I stumbled across them on the way. Applejack will assist Fluttershy on her birth.”

“Wait, what?” Spike was obviously confused.

“I’ll explain you later, Spike.” Twilight spoke again. “Go to the bedroom with Angel Bunny. You don't want to see what happens next.” Spike nodded and ran to the other room and upstairs.

“Alrigh’! Twilight, Give Fluttershy support. Rainbow, yer with me.” Applejack said.

“Can’t I go with Spike?” The cyan Pegasus looked troubled.

“I can’t do this alone, Rainbow Dash. Bring napkins, now!” Rainbow Dash obeyed and trotted to the kitchen while Twilight sat next to Fluttershy and caressed one of her cheeks.

“Don’t worry, honey. You’re in good hooves.”

“Woah, it’s almost fully dilated! The foal will come very soon. Fluttershy, I want you to breathe and when I say push, push as much as you can, okay?” The yellow Pegasus nodded. She was sweating a lot. Luckily, Rainbow Dash returned with a bunch of napkins. “Rainbow, give some napkins to Twilight and come here.” Rainbow Dash did as she was told. Twilight used a napkin to clean Fluttershy’s face. “Alrigh’, get ready. One, two, three… push!”

Fluttershy pushed as hard as she could before getting exhausted. She panted. “It hurts too much!”

“Don’t worry, Shy, it will be over before you know it.” Twilight said as she cleaned Fluttershy’s face again.

“You did a good job, Fluttershy. Rest before tryin’ again. The foal never comes out on the first try. Rainbow, what are you doin’?” Applejack looked at her marefriend, who had a hoof on her mouth.

“I’m trying not to throw up. That was…” The cyan Pegasus shut her mouth when she remembered that Fluttershy was still there.

“Alrigh’, enough rest. Fluttershy, breathe. One… two… three… push!” Fluttershy pushed as much as she could again, this time she lasted longer before getting exhausted. “Ah think ah just saw hair. Good, it’s coming out from the head first. Fluttershy, breathe. Next time might be the last one. Rainbow, clean my sweat.”

“Did you hear that, Shy? You can do this.” Twilight spoke.

“I hope I don’t pass out… I can barely stand the pain.” Fluttershy said with difficulty.

“You’ll manage, sugarcube. Yer strong when you put your mind.” The farmer pony encouraged her friend. “Are you ready?”

“Just a second… yes.” Fluttershy closed her eyes.

“One… two… three… push!” Fluttershy used the last of her energy to push. Applejack saw the hair again, followed by a tiny head and body covered by blood. It had no horn, but wings were visible. She grabbed the foal and helped it to fully come out. The crying of a foal echoed the room. “It’s out. Rainbow, go to the bathroom and bring two towels. We need to clean her. Meet me at the kitchen.” The rainbow-maned Pegasus barely managed to pass out. She rushed to the bathroom while Applejack walked to the kitchen, with a crying foal on one of her forelegs.

“You did it, Fluttershy.” Twilight said as she looked at Fluttershy. “Shy?” The timid pony had her eyes closed and her forelegs on her chest.

“Fluttershy!” The Unicorn panicked and shook Fluttershy’s body to try to make her react.

“Twi-Twilight, I’m completely exhausted… let me rest!” Fluttershy said, half opening her eyes to look at her wife.

Twilight sighed of relief. “Don’t scare me like that again, honey.” Fluttershy giggled weakly and Twilight caressed the Pegasus’ hair. They saw Rainbow Dash returning and heading to the kitchen. After a few minutes, she returned with Applejack. The farmer pony was carrying the foal covered by a towel.

“Twilight, Fluttershy, congratulations. She’s a filly.” Applejack gave the foal to Fluttershy. The timid pony embraced her daughter and removed a piece of the towel which covered her hair. The filly was yellow and her hair had the same colors as Twilight’s. The filly was smiling and sleeping peacefully.

“She’s beautiful…” Fluttershy commented, refusing to get her eyes away from her.

“Of course she is.” Twilight said as she softly put a hoof on the filly’s head.

“Does she have a name?” Rainbow Dash asked.

Fluttershy shared a look with Twilight before looking at her childhood friend. “Yes, she does. Rainbow Dash, Applejack, meet Sunny Shores.”

“That’s a beautiful name, sugarcube.” Applejack said, looking at the foal. “You should have her checked with a doctor when you can, to make sure that she’s fine.”

Twilight looked at the window and she noticed that the blizzard was over. “It has stopped snowing.”

“I’ll get a doctor.” Rainbow Dash said as she put her scarf on. “I would mop the floor as soon as I can, if I were you, Twilight.” Rainbow Dash jokingly said before opening the front door and flying outside, towards Ponyville.

“Applejack.” Twilight called her friend, but the farmer pony kept looking at the door. “Applejack?”

The cowgirl blinked several times, waking up from her trance, and looked at Twilight. “Yeah? Sorry, ah was… thinkin’ on somethin’ else.”

“I want to thank you for helping us. If I haven’t found you…”

“Don’t mention it, Twi. Ah’m glad that you found me. Ah have never helped a pony to give birth before.”

“But your experience helping cows to give birth worked.” The Unicorn said before looking down at her wife and daughter. They were both asleep. “Let’s go to the kitchen while we wait for Rainbow so we don’t wake them up.”

“Good idea.” Both Applejack and Twilight walked to the kitchen with caution.

“So, how’s everything between you and Rainbow?”

“Not bad, actually. We do fight a lot but it’s part of the fun, y’ know?” Applejack spoke as she smiled. “Ah get to see a side of her nopony knows when we’re alone. Ah never thought Ah would ever fall in love, but Rainbow did it, and Ah couldn’t be happier. It’s okay if we have been datin’ for around three years and we still don’t live together, nor have we got engaged. Ah don’t want to put any pressure.”

“You’re very patient, Applejack.”

“You have to learn to be patient if yer goin’ to live like Ah do. Ah have to wait for the trees to grow, then, Ah have to wait for the apples to be mature before bucking them. Sometimes, something can break and we ought to repair it. It ain’t easy being an apple, but hay, Ah’m proud of being one.”

“You’re strong and you don’t give up easily. Ponies with those traits are not easy to find. The only ponies I know with them are you, Rainbow Dash and my big brother. I’m happy for calling you my friend, and I’m glad that you’re happy.”

“Thank you, Twilight. Ah’m happy to call you mah friend too. And, just so you know, you have those traits too.”

“Oh, please, I’m not nearly as strong as you.”

“Don’t underestimate yerself, Twi. Ah have seen you in action and, honestly, we would be lost without you. You always know what to do.”

“Th-Thank you.” Twilight blushed by the compliment. “It feels good to hear that once in a while.”

“And you know that Ah don’t lie.”

Rainbow Dash arrived with a stallion doctor ten minutes later.

“There you go, doc.”

“Dear Celestia, who helped her to give birth?” The doctor said as he watched the scene and walked to where Fluttershy and Sunny Shores were sleeping.

“That would be me, doc.” Applejack said as she walked into the room, followed by Twilight.

“What’s your experience?” The doctor asked as he checked Fluttershy’s pulse.

“Cows. My friend wasn’t able to look for a doctor before due to the blizzard, and Ah offered to help.”

“I see.” The stallion proceeded to revise the foal. Seconds later, he stood up. “The mare lost a big amount of blood, but she will be fine as long as we take her to the hospital. Other than that, both she and the filly are healthy. Who’s the father?”

“Me, I suppose…” Twilight nervously said as she raised a hoof.

“Oh, well then. Congratulations.” The doctor smiled at Twilight before losing it almost immediately. “Your partner is lucky to be alive. Giving birth was too much for her.”

“I knew that it could happen.” Twilight was slightly angry. “I should have tried to persuade her more. I know how delicate she is!”

“Easy there, Twilight. It’s wasn't fault.” Applejack put a hoof on one of Twilight’s withers."

The Unicorn looked down and closed her eyes. “Please, doctor, do whatever you can to help my wife.”

“Certainly. An ambulance wagon will arrive shortly. I asked the nice mare over there to take me with her to keep the patients stable until the paramedics’ arrival.” The stallion said, glancing at Rainbow Dash when he mentioned her.

“Thank you, thank you so much. All of you.”

“Anytime, egghead.” The cyan Pegasus smiled proudly.

The sound of a door being opened slowly was heard. Everypony looked at the source of the noise and noticed that Spike and Angel Bunny were trying to peek. Twilight trotted to the door and closed it.

“Hey!” The baby dragon protested from the other side.

“I’m sorry, Spike, but I don’t want you to enter here until I say so. It’s to protect you.”

“Aww, why?” Spike didn’t sound happy.

“Trust us, Spike. You don’t want to see.” Applejack said.

“Fine. I’ll wait here.”

“Thank you Spike.” Twilight said before turning to the doctor again. “Sorry about that. He’s a baby dragon and he’s not ready for this.”

“Of course.”

The ambulance wagon arrived an hour later due to the snow being hard to move through. The paramedics put Fluttershy and Sunny Shores on the back. They didn’t wake up in the process. Twilight made Spike promise not to enter the living room and gave food and water to both him and Angel Bunny before accompanying her family to the hospital.

“Alright, Dashie. We should let our friends know the situation before goin’ to the hospital.” Applejack said with a serious tone.

“Right. But, what about Spike?” Rainbow Dash inquired.

“He won’t break his promise. Let’s go!” They put on their winter clothes and headed to Sugarcube Corner first, since they would need to accompany Trixie and a pregnant Rarity to the hospital.

Author's Note:

Winter Warmth, Sunny Shores, get it? :twilightsheepish:

So, one pregnancy down, one to go. This… was something completely new to me. I hope that I didn’t screw up with the birth. Yes, I know that they usually take more time, you don’t need to mention it :pinkiesmile:

What do you think of the filly? I will show you guys a pic of her design later in the fic, alongside the Rarixie foal, don’t worry :raritywink:

I also know that she gave birth two chapter after she was revealed to be pregnant, remember that Twishy isn't the main focus here, you should thank me for giving them a birth scene! :rainbowkiss:

I want to thank Wonder for revising this chapter before its release :twilightsmile: