• Published 17th May 2012
  • 1,132 Views, 1 Comments

MLP-FIM Father's Day Special - RhulainSabermane



Short stories of the mane 6 and celebrating a special day.

  • ...
 1
 1,132

Father's Day: HighStature

HighStature, Rarity, and Sweetie Belle


“UNACCEPTIBLE!”

“I know, father.”

“Highly improper behavior!”

“I know, father.”

Rarity looked to the ground as the very pale lavender unicorn stallion paced in front of her, a look of anger graced his face and blue eyes. His blue-indigo mane was styled like Rarity’s, but without the curls, and his tail swayed to show his irritation. He had a cutie mark of a darker indigo oval cut sparkling jewel, and he wore a dark grayish blue collor with a red ruffled neck scarf, and white cuffs on his front hooves.

“To think a lady such as yourself had been…”

“I know, father.”

*Snort*

“At the Grand Galloping Gala of all places!”

“Yes, father.”

*Snort* “Hee!”

“I have never been more embarrassed!”

“I’m sorry, daddy.”

“Heehee!”

“Shh!”

“That-that pompous, chauvinistic so-called prince, Blueblood, dare put my precious gem in the path of an oncoming cake to protect himself?! I have never been more embarrassed to call myself a gentleman!”

“Heehee, ha-ha!” Sweetie Belle giggles next to her sister, who tried to keep herself from laughing with her, but she had a tiny smile.

“Shh!”

“What if the sugars in it had ruined your complexion,” their father looked anxiously at them. “Or the icings stained your gorgeous gown?!”

“Daddy…”

“No one dishonors my Rarity into treating her like a maid!”

“Heehee!”

“Daddy!”

“I have half the mind to march to Princess Celestia to demand that I teach that colt what it means to be a gentleman of high stature, such as my name entails! Let’s see if he’ll stay a prince after that!”

“Heehee! Don’t worry daddy, Rarity already told that guy off!”

“Sweetie!”

“…” He raised an eyebrow at his eldest daughter. “You did?”

Rarity blushed as she poured tea into her cup with her horn magic from her tea setup on a table in her sewing room.

“Well at that point I basically, as my friend Rainbow Dash would say, ‘blew a fuse’. I had enough of Blueblood and confronted him by stating that he was the most un-charming prince I had ever met, and that he was a royal pain,” she sipped her tea. “And all the time he was more concerned about his grooming when he saw the dripping cake on me.”

Sweetie Belle giggled more than, looking to her dad. “This is the best part.”

“Then I said ‘Afraid to get dirty?’ and shook myself at him and he got splattered by the cake pieces,” Rarity finished chomping into a scone.

Sweetie Bell fully laughed then, but Rarity was slightly surprised that her father’s booming laugh joined in. He clapped his hooves as well.

“HA, HA, Ha, Ha! Bravo Rarity! Well done. Oh, when your mother hears this, she would be so proud.”

Rarity bashfully tapped her hoof on the floor, a look on anxiety on her face. “You’re not upset with my lapse of temper control, father?”

HighStature looked to her with wide eyes. “Upset? ...Well… ‘a lady must never lose her temper’.” He interpreted her as she started to lower her head in shame. “But, but, but, but, but! ... You had to defend your dignity and honor as a lady. That clout downright deserved it.” He smiled at her surprised face. “Your mother was like that as well when her suitors were like Blueblood. So don’t you worry about it.”

“Are you sure, daddy? I wasn’t being a perfect lady.”

He walked up to her and nuzzled her. “My precious gem, nothing is more important than seeing you being yourself, one of being a true lady; perfection is just an empty goal. Like I would say to all my students including yourself, ‘I would be proud of a true lady, than a perfect one’.”

She smiled at him, than when she tried to refill his cup, the teapot was empty.

“Would you like more tea, father?”

“Please and I would love a couple more of those fabulous apple scones. You were right about your friend’s apple treats. Oh, they are divine.”

Rarity took the teapot out of the room to her kitchen. It was father’s day and she loved it when her father came to visit her and Sweetie Belle, taking time off from teaching etiquette at the Manehattan Academy. He taught Rarity everything she knew, supporting her with all her accomplishments. As she places the scones on a tray, she smiled, remembering her father’s surprise and prancing joy when she told him of recent successes with Hoity Toity and Sapphire Shores.

She used her magic to carry the tray back, listening to her father talk with Sweetie Belle.

“Now, Sweetie, I have heard that you are part of a club with friends, what is it called, ‘the Cutie Mark Crusaders’?”

“Yeah, Scootaloo, Applebloom, and me don’t have cutie marks yet so we’re trying to find out how to get them.”

“Scootaloo, Applebloom, and ‘I’, Sweetie. And what have you accomplished so far?”

“Oh, sorry. Well, yeah, we tried lots of things like baking, putting on a school show and we even tried zip-”

Sweetie suddenly saw Rarity behind her father, franticly motioning her hoof in cutting fashion at her neck, while shaking her head. Sweetie stopped momentarily then looked back up to her father, who raised an eyebrow at her sudden pause.

“uh-just zip-zip-zipping through lots of ideas to getting our cutie marks,” she ends with a big grin.

HighStature stared for a bit when Rarity presented him with the tray, sighing in relief.

“Well…” he started. “As long as you are being careful doing that. I’m sure with all your determination you’ll get your cutie mark soon enough.”

“I hope so too, daddy.”

“How’s mother?” asked Rarity trying to distract him from learning what the Crusaders really do.

“She’s as fit as rain and happy with all your successes lately,” HighStature sipped his tea and nibbled a scone. “She recently saw one of your gowns in a designer store and she got the feeling of looking for past ones.”

“Past ones?”

“You know the past dresses and outfits that you made when you were a filly. That reminds me.” He got up to his traveling case and opened it. The two girls couldn’t really see what it was he was looking for. When he cried out “Ah Ha!” he found what he wanted and turned to present it to them.

It was a tiny frill laced dress, with flowers made of small colored jewels.

“Your mother found this in the attic while searching and thought this would be something wonderful to show today.”

“What is it, it’s teeny,” asked Sweetie Belle.

“GASP! Oh, you and mummy kept that?” gasped Rarity as she walked over to it with a smile.

“Of course we did,” said HighStature. “It’s one of your first dresses, and holds great sentimental value.”

“But what is it?” asked Sweetie Belle again.

“Well my sweetest bell,” smiled her father. “This was your first party dress when you were just a newborn foal.”

“Really?!” she looked at it with wide eyes. “I was this small?”

“Yes,” softly said HighStature. “This was made just after your mother and I brought you home.”

--

Carousel Boutique was much smaller than it is today, is even wasn’t always a fashion boutique. It was the Carousel Dance and Dress Etiquette School, a smaller building of two stories with a dance studio and jointing lecture room. Today was a special day, for the teachers had brought home their second little foal and were throwing a grand welcoming party that evening.

In the main lobby banner’s, wall hangings, and balloons decorated the place, elegant tables placed with food and drinks, and gift bags adjoining them. Laughter of a little voice filled with joy echoed out from a crib, holding a tiny foal of pale lavender and a mane of purple and pink. She smiled up to her parents, HighStature, and TruePoise, a white unicorn with wavy violet mane and curled tail, golden eyes, and a cutie mark of purple ballet slippers, who gathered by.

“Oh, listen to her Stat, her laughter even sounds like many bells,” cooed TruePoise.

HighStature nuzzled her, “Well she is our sweet little bell. Our Sweetie Belle. I can only imagine what she will sound like when she learns to talk or even sing.”

“Yes.” TruePoise smiled, then suddenly frowned and looked around. “Stat, have you seen Rarity?”

HighStature looked around then looked up to the upper level hallway and seeing a light from one of the doors. He faintly hears the sound of the sewing machine.

“Hmm, she’s in the sewing room.”

“You know,” TruePoise apprehensively started. “I’ve hardly seen Rarity since we brought Sweetie Belle home. You don’t think she may be jealous, do you?”

“She hasn’t pressed the issue,” He made his way to the spiral staircase and smiled at his mate. “Don’t worry Truly, I’ll speck with her.”

He walked up the stairs and toward the open door. He opened it so see his eldest daughter work on the sewing machine. She had been working with many dresses and outfits ever since she got her cutie mark, getting better every time, with help from her parents. He couldn’t really tell what she was making, so he walked up and called to her.

“Rarity, what are you making?”

“DON’T LOOK!”

He raised an eyebrow at her trying to hide the work she was working on, and stopped.

“Alright, but Rarity, ‘a lady mustn’t shout.’ And she can’t hide secrets from her parents.”

“It’s not a secret, it’s-”

He waited as she turned with a blush as she held up a little dress with frilled lace and near complete patterns of jeweled flowers.

“It’s a party dress for Sweetie, for the party tonight. I thought since she should look as pretty as a princess, I wanted to make this.”

HighStature stared wide eyed at the dress. “Rarity, this is wonderful. She’ll defiantly look like a princess with this.” He smiled at her. “So… you aren’t jealous of having another little filly in the house?”

“Well… not really, since I now have someone to model for my dresses.”

“Rarity. We didn’t bring Sweetie Belle home to be your personal model.”

“… I know. But I can still dress her up right?”

He really can’t resist her big eyes, and now he had another pair downstairs.

“With supervision, dear.”

“Okay,” with that said she went back to work, then paused. “Daddy?”

“Yes, my precious gem?” he walked up beside her.

“…Will I…always be you and mummy’s precious gem?” she asked hesitantly.

He immediately took his leg and hugged her to him. “But of course. You are our rarest, one of a kind gem, as will Sweetie
Belle be our sweetest little bell, we love you both so much, it could fill all of Equestria and more some.”

Rarity smiled and hugged her father’s leg, then went to her work. “So…do you think the last pattern should be red or blue?”

Her father smiled and looked to the little dress with an appraising look. “I would think this would look fabulous with violet.”

“Gasp! IDEA! How about violet and magenta?”

“Brilliant!”

--

Rarity held the little dress, reexamining it with a smile.

“Now that I think about it, marigold and chartreuse should have gone with this.”

“I can’t wear it anymore Rarity,” said Sweetie. “So there’s no point in adding more on it.”

“…You’re probably right. But I have new ideas for future dresses.”

“I’M NOT YOUR PERSONAL MODEL! Daddy said so.”

HighStature laughed at them. “Yes, but this was your first dress and it’s fine as it is, along with the wondrous memory with it.”

The two girls smiled at him then at each other when…

BOOM!

All three jumped at the sudden explosion.

“Great Glimmering Gold! What was that?!” HighStature looked around.

Sweetie Belle gasped and turned to Rarity. “Rarity, it’s time!”

Her sister had the same look and with her little sister tried to move their father to the door.

“Oh yes we must hurry!”

“What’s going on?!” asked HighStature, confused as his daughter moved him to the entrance door.

“You’ll see!” said Sweetie Belle.

They were moved out the door to the outside lawns.

“Now see here girls, you don’t…have…to.” The rest of his sentence faded as he saw a great ring of colors cross the sky. He
gasped in awe as the speeding rainbow that caused it flew in the sky and made a shape of a heart then the written ‘I LOVE YOU DAD’ in the center.

All he could do was stare and feel his heart tighten with emotion.

He flinched in surprise as he felt his two girls nuzzle his sides.

“I promise to continue being the lady you taught me to be father, and continue on making a future for myself, making you proud to call me your precious gem,” said Rarity.

“And I promise to let you know the moment I get my cutie mark, so you can be proud of me too,” smiled Sweetie Belle.

“We love you, Daddy.”

HighStature looked to them both in silence for a moment then smiled and looked back up to the rainbow heart. “Don’t be silly girls.”

They both look at him in surprise.

“I was already proud of you both the second you were born.”

The three unicorns watched the heart in the sky, embracing each other.

Comments ( 1 )
Riz

More please ? :pinkiesad2:

Login or register to comment