• Published 4th May 2015
  • 1,086 Views, 52 Comments

Emerald Chronicles - Dandereshy



Emerald Shield has had enough of Manehattan and all else it had to offer. In a last effort attempt to rid himself of all his past burdens, he moves to Ponyville. But fate had plans for him...and they would not be in his favor.

  • ...
10
 52
 1,086

Chapter 24

Chapter 24

The others were tending to Fluttershy's injuries when Emerald flew up and landed in the clearing with them.

They all looked up at him curiously.

"Where is he?" Twilight asked.

Emerald shook his head. "Not a threat anymore, that's for sure. All that power and it couldn't help him swim. That was his downfall."

"Wow. You killed him with water?"" Rainbow Dash exclaimed. "That's awesome!"

"No, I didn't kill him with water." Emerald hesitated. "I simply ignored his cries for help, that's all. The point is, he won't be bothering anypony ever again."

"So where's the Stone of Magic Chaos? We need to hide that thing."

"Crap. It should still – be on him." He turned and prepared to fly off. "I'll be back in a few."

"Make sure you get rid of him, too." Twilight called after him. "Nopony needs to find that out here."

Emerald flew back to the riverbank and followed it. He scanned the waters, looking for any signs of Black. After about a mile of flying, he found Black on a riverbank on a curve in the direction of the river. He flew down and walked up to the body. "What a shame, Black. I would have forgiven you if you just would have let go of your grudge. But look at you now…" He bent down and pulled the Stone off of Black, trying to avoid touching him. He put the Stone on the ground next to him and went off to find a few good vines to use as rope. He found some and a large rock and went back to Black and tied him to the rock before pushing it into the river. "That should hold him." Then he grabbed the Stone and went back to the others.

When he returned, they were getting ready to leave.

"Did you get it? And hide his body?" Twilight asked as he handed her the Stone.

"Yes, and I never want to talk about this again." He answered, walking with them back down towards the path. "Ever."

"Well, we all have to report to Princess Celestia tomorrow to tell her about this, but after that, I promise this will never come up in a conversation again." Twilight assured him.

"Why don't you ever want to talk about this again? You straight up whooped his a-"

Emerald cut Rainbow Dash off with a loud intentional sigh.

"Okay, I get it. But just to be clear, the rest of us can talk about it when you're not around?" She asked hopefully.

Emerald shrugged. "I couldn't care less. Like I said, make sure I don't hear it. I need a break from all this stress."

Fluttershy walked closer to him, so their bodies were touching. "Don't worry, I'll keep you occupied. I mean…I'll keep you busy…oh, my…I meant…"

Emerald put an arm around her. "It's okay, I get your point. Don't say something to embarrass yourself."

"Too late. I think I know what she meant…" Rainbow Dash started.

Twilight elbowed her in the ribs. "Cut it out."

Rainbow Dash rubbed her ribs and muttered quietly to herself.

"Yeah, watch what you say, or your new name will be Headgo Bash." Emerald warned her.

Pinkie Pie burst out laughing.

"Hey, that really wasn't funny. Clever, but not funny." Rainbow said.

The path cleared to the one that led to Ponyville, and they started walking a little faster. The moon was full, so it provided some light for them.

"Hey, does anypony have a flashlight?" Pinkie Pie asked.

Everypony looked at her.

"Why do you need a flashlight?" Applejack asked inquiringly.

"Oh, Gummy lost my old one and I planned on camping tonight." She replied.

"Camping? Where?" Rarity asked, looking around at the forest.

"Why, at home of course. Where else would I camp, the forest?" Pinkie laughed.

Emerald shook his head. "I don't understand what just happened."

Trixie cleared her throat. "Um…speaking of places…Trixie, er, I mean, I, need a place to stay…"

"Twilight has some extra room." Rainbow said. Twilight turned and gave her the evil eye.

Trixie walked closer to Twilight. "Is this true? If so, I really would like a place to stay. Just until, you know, I get my business back up and running."

Twilight sighed. "Yes, I have some extra room. Rainbow Dash, I should kill you, but I won't, because I can't."

"Yep, I'm that awesome." She replied.

"No need to rant and rave about ourselves, we've already heard enough of that in the past few days to last us a lifetime."

"I totally agree with that." Trixie said with a nervous laugh. "Does this mean you guys are holding my past against me?"

"Of course not. Otherwise we would have just killed you." Emerald said simply.

Fluttershy gave him a dirty look.

"Oh, that's – good. So, am I staying with you, Twilight?"

Twilight sighed yet again. "Yes."

"Excellent! I'll get my stuff from Blacks old –" She didn't finish. Everypony looked at her to see what was wrong. She was looking down at the ground and pouting.

"What's wrong, Trixie?" Emerald asked after Fluttershy told him to.

She kept walking with her head down and answered, "I – kind of miss him…"

"Oh, that's normal. I'm sure we could have kept him alive if he would have surrendered. Actually, we probably would have had to put him in prison or exile." Twilight explained.

"That didn't seem to be helpful, Twilight." Applejack pointed out. The path finally reached Ponyville and they all stopped. "Well, I don't know about y'all, but I'm pooped. I'll see y'all tomorrow." Applejack left for her house.

"She's right – I'm tired. I'm gonna go hit the clouds. Later." Rainbow Dash flew off.

Emerald looked at Trixie and Twilight. "So, is she staying with you?"

Twilight nodded. "Yes, but if she tries anything stupid, she'll be out on the street in a heartbeat."

Trixie's ears folded. "I suppose that's fair."

"Well, ta ta. I've got to get some beauty rest after all this fighting. I'm looking rather trashy." Rarity started for her house.

"I guess we'll be going home, too. I don't want Spike to freak out since I haven't been home all night. I'll see you guys tomorrow."

"Oh my gosh, I'm late for my camping trip!" Pinkie Pie sped away.

"Okay, later guys." Emerald and Fluttershy turned and began walking home.

"Oh, I'm so glad this is all over. I was beginning to think it would end up being another Tirek thing." Fluttershy said.

Emerald nodded his agreement. "From what Twilight told me about that, Blacks plan seemed very similar. It wouldn't have surprised me if it did end up like that."

"But it didn't, which is good."

"Yes it is. I just wish I didn't have to kill him. I really wanted him to just let this go and go home." He replied.

"I know you did. So did I."

"He was evil, so I don't think he could have been changed." Emerald said firmly.

"But Discord was evil and I changed him." She pointed out.

Emerald nodded. "Did you change Tirek?"

She hesitated. "Uh…no."

"Not everypony who is evil can be changed, my love. Like Tirek, he was too obsessed with himself to be even considering what anypony else had to say. It's just who he was. Who he's always been."

They rounded the corner and headed toward Fluttershys house, going past Emeralds.

"So, I guess this means you're staying the night at my place?" She asked.

"Yes. We have things to do."

She considered that. "Like what? It's late, and I'm really kinda tired."

Emerald laughed. "Oh, don't worry. You won't be tired when you find out what it is."

She thought about it for a moment, then went wide-eyed. "I may already have an idea…"

"Good. Then you know it's not that bad. Come on, it's been too long since it was just me and you at your place. By the way, Angel might have to sleep in a different part of the house." Emerald suggested. They got to her house and opened the door. Fluttershy rushed in and jumped on the couch, laying down.

"You'll have to carry me upstairs. I'm just too tired to move." She told him, smiling.

Emerald returned the smile and said, "That's okay with me. You're not too heavy for me. I'd carry you a thousand miles if I had to."

"Aww…you're just the sweetest."

He went over and picked her up like a baby. "Come on you, I'm a bit tired too. Let's go."

Angel hopped up behind them, ranting and raving.

"Oh, Angel. I'm sorry, but you'll have to sleep down here tonight. Emerald and I need our privacy."

Angel threw a fit.

Fluttershy gave Emerald a worried look.

"He'll be fine." Emerald assured her.

They got to her bedroom and he laid her down on the bed, on her side. Then he climbed into bed with her, pulling the covers over them.

"Oh, my. I'm a bit nervous." Fluttershy said quietly.

Emerald climbed on top of her. He leaned down and whispered in her ear. "Then let me do the work."