• Published 4th May 2015
  • 1,086 Views, 52 Comments

Emerald Chronicles - Dandereshy



Emerald Shield has had enough of Manehattan and all else it had to offer. In a last effort attempt to rid himself of all his past burdens, he moves to Ponyville. But fate had plans for him...and they would not be in his favor.

  • ...
10
 52
 1,086

Chapter 18

Chapter 18

"So what are these 'Elements of Harmony', as you called them?" Emerald asked out loud for anypony to answer as they flew over to the location of the Elements of Harmony. He flew awkwardly due to the fact that he was carrying Fluttershy, which didn't bother him at all.

"They match our cutie marks." Fluttershy said.

"I guess that's one way of saying it." Twilight answered, looking off into the distance, likely for danger. "But really, they help us get our Alicorn forms. They helped us defeat several foes in the past. One recently."

"That crazy Tirek guy." Somepony muttered.

Emerald flew closer to the ground, since they were flying low anyway to stay close to the ponies who couldn't fly.

"I see. And they're more powerful than the Stone of Magic Chaos?" Emerald asked, unsure.

"That's what we're going to figure out." Twilight said.

They came up upon the box that held the Elements. Emerald landed and let Fluttershy stand up on her own. She stayed close.

"This is the Elements? Out in the open?" Emerald asked incredulously. He watched the flyers land nearby and the others come up behind him.

"Yes, nopony bothers them because nopony but us can use them." Rainbow Dash replied.

"Oh, well still. It needs a hiding place."

Rarity sighed. 'Oh, relax. It's perfectly safe out in the middle of town, where everypony can have access to it."

Emerald was speechless. "I'm not quite sure what you were trying to do, but it sure sounded like you were trying to prove me right."

Unexpectedly, all of the ponies but Emerald were enveloped in a bubble of magic. It floated away from the Elements and off to the side, where Black Flame and Trixie stood, smiling fiendishly.

"Black Flame, let them go! I told you they have nothing to do with this!" Emerald yelled.

They walked up to him. "Now, I know you're not stupid enough to think I'd actually believe that this time." Black said, pointing a hoof at the bubble. "They were clearly trying to use the Elements of Harmony against me."

Emerald gave him a dirty look but said nothing.

"As I figured. You lied, just like before. Long before any of this. Before Ponyville, before your dads death, before you left my gang. You lie, all the time." Black said simply.

"That's not true." Emerald grunted.

"Oh, but it is." Black insisted. "You see, what your pony friends don't know is that you like to lie about everything in hopes to make others like you, due to your lack of…ability." He said, pointing at the spot where Emeralds cutie mark should be.

"Stop telling them that! You know it's not true!"

Black and Trixie's eyes met for a moment as Black went on. "Respectively, this deception of yours fooled a lot of poor young do-gooders just looking to help you out, only to be stabbed in the back when you got your fill."

Emerald snarled. "Where's your proof? You're just trying to turn them against me! I know exactly what you're doing and so do they! They won't fall for your stories!"

Black chuckled. "And that temper of yours…my, my. Somepony should teach you to respect others, not scream at them."

"Shut up, Black." Emerald warned him.

"Ha! And if I don't?"

Emerald glared at him.

"Don't let him get to you, Em. He's just trying to get you going. He won't get us to believe him no matter what he says." Fluttershy assured him.

Emerald gave a curt nod, but didn't take his eyes off Black.

"So, the reason I have your friends held captive is because apparently I can absorb energy from any source I choose. I want your power. You give it to me, I give you immunity and your friends. You choose no, I kill them, one by one, once a day until you decide to change your mind. Your decision."

Emerald glanced up at his friends, who looked back down at him, worried. He looked back at Black, his mind running rampant. He finally answered a few moments later.

"No. I can't give you this power. Celestia knows what you'd do once you had it."

"It's okay, Emerald. We'll figure a way out of this." Fluttershy comforted him.

He didn't think so.

"If that's what you want." Black said, turning to Trixie and motioning for her to follow.

"Where are you going?" Emerald demanded.

Black and Trixie kept going, with the bubble in trail.

"Tonight at midnight, right here, the first will die. I'll see you then." They went out of sight.

Emerald sat in the middle of the path and mourned. "What have I done?"

________________________________________

At ten minutes until midnight, Emerald went out to the spot from earlier. Nopony was there, but there was an ominous feel in the air. He dreaded to find out if Black Flame would actually go through with what he had planned. He had every reason to believe that he would actually do it, but hoped that he wouldn't.

At about midnight, just as he said, Black Flame and Trixie showed up – with Twilight detained by magic bonds.

"This is crazy, Black Flame! You can't do this! She didn't do anything!" Emerald griped.

They brought Twilight up to him and stopped, looking at him expectantly.

"Last chance to change your mind." Black said coolly. "I don't have all night. Me and Trixie have plans."

"This isn't funny, Black! This isn't something that you just rush!"

"It is. I have things to do. Make up your mind." He pressed.

Emerald looked at Twilight, who looked to have been crying recently. He felt for her. He really did. "I'm not giving you any more power. You have enough."

Black smiled. "My dear Emerald, you can never have enough power." He turned to Twilight and hit her in the face with a ball of fire. She yelped, but since her mouth was gagged, it didn't amount to much.

Emerald was appalled. "How can you just hurt somepony like that and not feel remorse?"

"Uh, newsflash – nopony but me and Trixie matters to me. Everypony else is expendable. And on that note," He hit Twilight again.

Emerald cringed at the sound of her whimpering.

"It's not too late," Black said in singsong.

Emerald was silent.

"As you wish." Twilight was bombarded. With each hit, Emerald felt worse and worse. Twilights screams filled his ears. Pain, misery, agony…He had enough.

"STOP!"

Black paused, holding a ball of fire. "Yes?"

Emerald grew teary eyed. "I – I'll give you the power. Just – please stop."

Twilight moaned in disagreement.

A huge smile spread across Blacks face. "Really? Who'd of thought it?"

Emerald lowered his head in defeat and humiliation.

Trixie released Twilight. She collapsed on the ground, too weak from pain to stand up. "No…Emerald. Don't…"

Emerald was surprised that Twilight was released.

Black seemed to read his mind and said, "Twilight was released to prove that I am prepared to let your friends go. Now, come with me and we'll get the rest."

Emerald just stared at him, waiting for him to move.

Black turned and motioned for Trixie to go. Emerald picked up Twilight and tossed her over his back. She moaned in pain and protest.

"I know, Twilight. I hope I made the right decision, too."