• Published 4th May 2015
  • 1,086 Views, 52 Comments

Emerald Chronicles - Dandereshy



Emerald Shield has had enough of Manehattan and all else it had to offer. In a last effort attempt to rid himself of all his past burdens, he moves to Ponyville. But fate had plans for him...and they would not be in his favor.

  • ...
10
 52
 1,086

Chapter 17

Chapter 17

He finally understood what his dad had always been telling him. When he would say, "You'll find out someday what you're truly capable of." It all made sense now. What Black Flame had been saying this whole time. Emerald had the power of this Stone of Magic Chaos within him. So had his father. He was amazed at how it had activated, though. Being in danger and seeing friends in danger had instigated the power to initiate. Now it was time to fight back.

Black Flame climbed out of the debris from the house, and Trixie ran over to help him. He gently waved her off, shook off the debris, and slowly walked toward Emerald, watching him closely.

"I told you to stop this. And now I have some convincing force to help me. I'm not going to let you hurt anypony trying to claim what's not yours to claim." Emerald said sternly.

Black snorted derisively. "Is that what you think? I hope your disillusioned behavior changes soon, otherwise what happens next will be a surprise to you." Black launched himself at Emerald, hitting him and continuing on pushing him back while flying forward. He flew right through homes, using Emerald as a battering ram. As they barreled through wall after wall, Emerald struggled to get a better hold on Black. He finally got ahold of Blacks right arm, and swung around him, changing positions so that Black was now the battering ram.

Twilight and Rainbow Dash got up and dusted themselves off, watching Emerald and Black fight in the distance.

"Where's Fluttershy?" Twilight asked. They both looked over and seen her lying motionless on the ground nearby.

"Oh, no!" Rainbow Dash cried and they both rushed over to see if she was okay. They got close but Trixie cut them off.

"Where do you think you're going, girls?"

"Move out of the way, Trixie! Fluttershy needs help." Rainbow growled.

Trixie shook her head. "I don't think so, fool. This is – " She didn't finish because Rainbow Dash flew up and tackled her to the ground.

She leaned down and whispered in her ear, "If she's dead, you're next."

Trixie gave a faint smile laced with fear.

Rainbow left her lying there and went to go help Twilight with Fluttershy. Twilight lifted her up and checked her breathing.

"Okay, she's breathing, but barely. We need to get her out of here." They picked her up and flew off to Twilight's castle.

Meanwhile, Black and Emerald continued their battle, violently striking each other with punches, kicks, and tossing each other around. Neither seemed to have the upper hand.

They stood facing each other, panting. "It seems we're equal. This is an impasse. How about we just team up? You and I could rule over Equestria together, unstoppable. We could have everything – money, women, and power. I know you'd like that." Black tempted him.

Emerald gave him a cold stare. "No, Black. The difference between you and I is clear – you are greedy, and I'm content with what I have. My friends are more important than having luxuries. I'm just fine with what I have. So, no, I won't join you. But I will make sure you don't hurt anypony else."

Black laughed. "Yes, you always did think you could best me. And what you just said was so cliché. But one fatal fact you've overlooked has been right in front of your face this whole time."

"And what's that?"

Black turned and flew off in the direction of Trixie. "My partner and I have more power than you! Because she has the Alicorn Amulet!"

Alicorn Amulet? Emerald followed him to Trixie.

Black was getting into the pack she was carrying and got out the amulet. It was a grey necklace with a dark red stone set in the center, similar to the one that Black was wearing. It had the upper body of a Pegasus on the top and a red stone set in the middle. He placed it around Trixie's neck, and she leapt in the air with glee.

"I don't know what you thinks going to happen, but I'm sure as hell not going to give up just because you give your partner an amulet as well. I'm not letting you do this."

They both turned to him. "As if you have a choice."

Emerald took a step back, but his eyes never left them. "Don't make this worse than it needs to be, Black. Just take this little fantasy of yours and head overseas with it. We don't need you in Equestria causing problems."

"It's not that simple. I'm not just taking over because I want to. I'm killing you and everypony else acquainted with you, then me and Trixie will eliminate the Alicorns, and then we will rule over Equestria rightfully as we would be the only ones powerful enough to do so. But of course, I must take care of you first, since you are my biggest threat. Your power closely matches my own. But now that Trixie has the Alicorn Amulet, she too has unlimited power. And combined, we should be able to destroy you." Black grabbed her hoof and they looked at each other. They kissed each other, and Emerald took the moment of distraction to flee the area.

"Hey! You can run but you will never be able to hide, Emerald!" Black screamed after him. "I can sense your power from a mile away!"

Without looking back, Emerald mumbled, "I believe that."

He flew to Twilight's hoping that's where they went.

________________________________________

"He has the Alicorn Amulet?!" Twilight exclaimed. Emerald had showed up just as the others were getting there, so all six of them were now up to date on the situation. Emerald had just informed them of the Alicorn Amulets new owner.

"Yes, I guess they figured it would help Trixie be more intimidating. And powerful." Emerald said, sitting on the bed beside Fluttershy, who was awake now but weak and quiet. He held her hoof as he sat there.

"I thought Zecora hid that darned thing?" Applejack asked Rainbow Dash.

Rainbow Dash shrugged. "That's what she said she was going to do with it. I have no idea where it was. Apparently they did."

Twilight was pacing around the middle of her bedroom, the rest of the ponies sitting around wherever a spot was. "This is bad. This is so, so, so, so, so bad. We have two insane ponies running around Ponyville with powerful artifacts, one of which we know nothing about. What to do, what to do, what to do…"

"Stop panicking, Twilight. We need to think of something calmly. Only calmness can keep you focused." Applejack told her.

Twilight stopped in the middle of the room. "It's hard not to. These maniacs tried to kill me and my friends and now they're hurting innocent ponies. This needs to stop."

"Well, dear, calm down. Worry and panic only drag you down." Rarity said.

"We all need to help think of something too." Emerald looked down at Fluttershy. "If we can figure out something as a team, maybe we could overtake them."

"Why don't we use the Elements of Harmony? Has anypony thought of that?" Pinkie Pie said, causing everypony to freeze.

"Of course!" Twilight smacked her own face in disgust. "Why didn't I think of that earlier?" She turned back to everypony. "Let's go take care of this before it gets too far out of hand."

Fluttershy sat up. "I…I wanna go…"

Emerald hugged her. "No, you're not going. You need some rest."

"She may have to, they're called the Elements of Harmony for a reason, I'm guessing." Twilight said, stopping in the doorway.

Emerald sighed and picked Fluttershy and flew over to the others. "Then I'm going too." He looked back at his rear end. He wasn't glowing anymore, but he still felt the power he felt earlier.

"Okay, but make sure you're prepared for what you see. It's pretty amazing." Rainbow Dash informed him. They all piled out the front door.

"I've seen enough that nothing surprises me now." He muttered under his breath as he followed them out. He shut the door behind him and followed them.