• Published 4th May 2015
  • 1,086 Views, 52 Comments

Emerald Chronicles - Dandereshy



Emerald Shield has had enough of Manehattan and all else it had to offer. In a last effort attempt to rid himself of all his past burdens, he moves to Ponyville. But fate had plans for him...and they would not be in his favor.

  • ...
10
 52
 1,086

Chapter 14

Chapter 14

The sky darkened, growing overcast and dreary in just a few moments. Emerald and Fluttershy were having a picnic in the park, enjoying the day, when the storm clouds rolled in. They got worried and started packing up to go home. As they got their stuff together, they felt the ominous feeling of being watched. Emerald noticed a figure standing in the forest. He squinted to see it better while Fluttershy finished packing the rest of the stuff up. He couldn't make out the identity until it stepped out of the darkness. It was Black Flame. But there was still somepony standing in the forest. They stepped out beside Black. That was Trixie.

"Uh, Fluttershy…we have a problem." Emerald stuttered.

Fluttershy turned and seen what was wrong. "Oh, my…What is Trixie doing with him?" She asked out loud, not to him in particular.

Emerald shook his head, hoping to shake off the image. It didn't work. This was not an illusion.

The pair of evils began walking toward them. As they got closer, Emerald noticed the necklace around Black Flames neck. The gem was green and blue, and seemed to glow, also making Black glow.

"Something's not right, Fluttershy." Emerald said.

"I see that. What's that necklace he has on? He didn't have it last time." She agreed.

Emerald shrugged. "I have no idea, but I have a really bad feeling about this."

"What did I tell you, Emerald?" Black called out to him vociferously. "I'm back, just like I promised. And I brought two things to help me vanquish you." He motioned toward his necklace and Trixie.

Emerald scowled. "What are you talking about? What is that necklace supposed to do to anypony? Give them a sense of fashion?"

Black laughed harshly. "Funny, but no. This stone, along with this lovely lady Trixie is going to ensure my immunity from all power or magic that anypony can muster up."

"I don't understand…I thought you had no more hard feelings?" Emerald asked. Fluttershy got behind him.

"Ha! You're hilarious. But there will always be hard feelings, Emerald Shield." The necklace started glowing brighter, and Black Flames eyes turned green. He levitated a few feet off the ground and mutated to a form that was indescribable. He glared down at Emerald and hollered, "This is the end of all you know." He surged with power.

Emerald and Fluttershy freaked out and turned and ran. Emerald took her hoof and started flying.

"You can never escape me now! I'm the superiority now!" He shot a beam of magic so powerful at them that when it missed and hit the ground below them, it blew up and sent them spinning wildly through the air. They regained their level flight and turned away from Trixie and Black to continue flying away.

"Fluttershy stay close! I don't know what that thing he has on is but it's making him powerful!" Emerald told her as he snatched her hoof up and led her further from the menace.

They got far enough away that they couldn't see Black anymore but they could still hear him ranting and raving.

"Emerald, I'm scared. What's going on? Why is he doing this?" Fluttershy cried, burying her face into his chest.

He embraced her and shushed her as she sobbed. "I don't know, but it's awfully quiet now. I think he left."

ZAP!

A blast of power hit them directly and they both tumbled to the ground. Fluttershy and Emerald landed just a few feet apart. Emerald struggled to his hooves and looked over at Fluttershy. She lay motionless. "Fluttershy!" He cried out in horror. He ran up and dropped to his knees, picking her up to see if she was alive.

She wasn't breathing.

"NOOOO!" Emerald screamed.

Black and Trixie came up over the hill and walked right up to Emerald and Fluttershy. Black stepped up to him. "See? I already got one."

Emerald roared in anguish and swung a hoof as hard as he could at Blacks face. It felt like hitting a solid block of lead. "Ow, what the –"

Black struck him back with little effort and sent him sprawling across the grass. Emerald slowly got on his hooves and turned back to Black and Trixie, who were smiling tenebrously. "Done yet? You're not strong enough, not even close. Your power hasn't been discovered yet, so I know I'll have no problems with you. But I'll just kill you to be sure." He raised his hoof and swung down at Emerald.

"AHHHH!" Emerald awoke with a start. His eyes darted back and forth around the darkened room. He saw nothing, and looked down beside him, and saw Fluttershy sleeping peacefully. He smiled appreciatively. "My doll..." But his thoughts immediately fell back on the dream, which clearly meant something, and not something good. He decided to talk to Twilight about it tomorrow, and laid back down to sleep.

________________________________________

Trixie and Black came out of their bedroom, and went down the stairs to the kitchen for a late night snack. They'd been up all night planning their attack on Emerald and Ponyville. And it was going better than expected. With Trixie's knowledge of Ponyville and Black's knowledge of the Stone and battle tactics, they set up the perfect plan that night. And the Day Black spoke of was only two days away now.

They got drinks out and sodas, then went back upstairs to finish the plans.

Emerald would never know what hit him.