• Published 4th May 2015
  • 1,086 Views, 52 Comments

Emerald Chronicles - Dandereshy



Emerald Shield has had enough of Manehattan and all else it had to offer. In a last effort attempt to rid himself of all his past burdens, he moves to Ponyville. But fate had plans for him...and they would not be in his favor.

  • ...
10
 52
 1,086

Chapter 11

Chapter 11

"What are you doing?" Emerald hollered. "You could have hurt me!"

Rainbow Dash bared her teeth at him. "Just like you hurt Fluttershy? I think it's only fair if I hurt you." She flew up high over the water and dove straight down onto him, pushing him far under the surface. She came back to the surface herself and flew out into the air, circling the water, waiting for Emerald to come back up.

A few moments passed before that happened, and he was choking and gagging for air. "Stop this madness! I wasn't trying to hurt her. I just didn't want anypony to think less of me!"

Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes. "Yeah that worked out for you. But that's okay…I'll make you wish you never messed with me or my friends." She dive bombed him once again, sending him nearly to the bottom of the river. He came back up, getting weaker from having to swim. His wings were too wet to fly, and he was too tired to swim to the edge of the river to get out. He swam stationary, watching Rainbow Dash carefully.

"Please! I never meant to hurt anypony. I just wanted friends, and happiness, and –" He teared up. "And to love somepony…" He clenched up and waited for Rainbow Dash to push him under the water again, but nothing happened. He opened his eyes and seen her giving him a sorrowful pout. Emerald swam slowly to the bank and struggled to climb out. Once he got out and shook himself off, he went up beside Rainbow Dash. She just gave him the same look again, but with a hint of anger still visible. "Look, I know what I did was wrong, but it was with good intention. I'm sorry. I want to be you guys' friend. And I want Fluttershy back. I was a member of Black Flames gang years ago, but that changed because I changed. I'm not for that violent, snooty arrogance he and his pals have. Can't you tell?"

She sighed and hugged him. He was startled at first but hugged her back. She pushed away after a few seconds and gave him a weak smile. "I can. But I'm also still mad at you. I forgive you, though. If you would have told the truth in the first place, we still would have been your friends."

"But everypony else I tell about my past to ends up refusing to have anything to do with me." He said sadly.

"We're not everypony else. Quit feelin' sorry for yourself. I think you have changed, you just need a little guidance." She turned and flew up toward Ponyville. "Come on! You've got a Fluttershy to apologize to!"

________________________________________

"When are we going for the little punk?" Trixie asked, eager for action.

Black Flame laughed and continued going through his papers and books, looking for anything on the Stone of Magic Chaos.

The Stone of Magic Chaos was a legend – or so everypony thought. A few years ago, some pony explorers found a cave, deep within the Crystal Mountains. The explorers were not looking for the Stone, but for a large deposit of precious gems. They ended up finding the Stone in a separate cave entrance nearby the gems. They attempted to take it, but were all lost when the cave collapsed on them. Nopony ever knew if they actually got the Stone or not because when an expedition recovered the team, the Stone was not in their possession or in the cave where they could see. The Stone was supposed to give the power of a million Alicorns to the wearer. The power type would be generated based on the gender, species, abilities, and intentions of its user. Only once in recorded history was the Stone actually used, and it was none other than Emeralds great-great-great-great-great grandfather, Stone Shield. After he'd established Manehattan in his reign, he'd come across the Stone on a campaign to make peace with the Crystal Empire. After he was killed in battle a few years later, royalty placed the Stone in the safety of the cave in the mountains. They claimed that in the wrong hooves, it could destroy all of Equestria, or worse, the world. All this power from a small green and blue gem mounted on a necklace of gold.

And Black Flame wanted it. He told Trixie about it, who practically drooled about such power. She asked him who would find such a gem. He told her somepony already did and would be selling it to him. Tonight.

"He will be here later tonight. Then, tomorrow, we start the revolution that will destroy all opposition and provide us our new kingdom! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!"

Trixie smiled at him. "That sounds splendid. But do they know about this, Stone of Magic Chaos?"

Black Flame shoved the books he was going through back on the shelf and went to the next. "Of course not, my dearest Trixie. The Stone of Magic Chaos in unknown to all of Equestria, except me, you, and the gentlestallion selling it to me."

She sat down on the couch near the door. "And are you certain you can control it? I mean, a powerful stone like that must be a lot of work to control."

"Darling, stop your worrying. I'm positive I can control the stone – and eventually all of Equestria."

________________________________________

Emerald and Rainbow Dash flew up and landed in front of Applejacks and went in. no sooner than when he got in, Emerald was tackled by Fluttershy in an embrace of forgiveness. He cried and hugged her back tightly.

Twilight and Applejack came in from the other room to greet them.

"So I guess this means it went well?" Applejack asked, looking down at the two hugging.

Rainbow Dash nodded. "I beat the snot out him first. You know – for obvious reasons. But he gave me all his honesty and I believe him when he says he's changed. He hasn't attacked anypony or stolen anything yet, so I think he's a good guy."

"Well, see, besides ya beating the hay outta him first, letting him talk changed your mind about him. See, I told ya kindness works. Fluttershy coulda told ya that." Applejack motioned to her, now getting up still hugging Emerald.

"I really, really, really, really, really, really missed you." She told him, her voice muffled from being buried in his coat.

"I missed you too. I'm sorry I lied to you. It was wrong and I'll never do it again." He replied, not letting go of her.

"Aren't they just the cutest couple ya ever did see?" Applejack asked.

"Yeah, they're adorable. But we have to talk now, so they need to come in here." Twilight answered, going back into the living room.

Fluttershy let go of Emerald and smiled meekly at him. He did the same back.

"Alright, lovebirds, let's go." Applejack waved for them to follow and they all went into the living room. Emerald and Fluttershy sat on the new couch, while the other three sat on the older couch.

"So, what's this business with Black Flame being here in Ponyville? I thought you said he wouldn't find out you lived here and definitely wouldn't move here? What's going on that you aren't telling us?" Twilight asked, getting out her scroll and feather for notes.

Emerald sighed heavily. "Well, he was here to try and convince me to come back and work for him, made me confess to Fluttershy, and left. But something doesn't feel right, honestly. I think he may be up to something."

"Yeah, but what? What could he want in Ponyville that Manehattan wouldn't have?" Asked Rainbow Dash.

"Nothing, but me." Emerald said honestly.

Twilight sighed. "I see. Well, the important thing is that he left, as far as we know. But just to be on the safe side, everypony needs to be on the lookout for him or his friends, and I'm going to notify Princess Celestia and ask her what we should do. We could end up with a problem soon."

Emerald silently agreed.

"I think we could all use some sleep." Rainbow Dash said with a yawn.

They all just looked at her.

"What? It's been a long day," She complained.

"I actually feel a bit worn out too. Why don't we all get some rest and we'll deal with this a little more tomorrow." Applejack suggested. Rainbow Dash was gone in seconds, calling out a faint, "See ya tomorrow!"

Twilight followed Emerald and Fluttershy out.

"I guess I'll see you guys tomorrow. Try to stay out of trouble." Twilight flew off toward her home.

Emerald and Fluttershy looked at each other nervously.

"Um, I'll see you tomorrow, I suppose." Emerald spoke up.

"Oh, no. I want to sleep over at your place. You know, for safety reasons." She replied, hugging him again. He smiled happily. They turned and walked to his house and went to bed.