• Published 30th Apr 2015
  • 2,618 Views, 92 Comments

Equestria Discord - Epicdiscord214



You know about the story of a human Twilight Sparkle. How about a human Discord?

  • ...
2
 92
 2,618

Never Leaving

The school day ended and everyone walked out of the school. Everyone was too depressed to converse--everyone except for Starlight of course. She took a whiff of the fresh air and smiled. Suddenly, there was a sound of thunder. Everyone ran to find cover before the rain hit. Sunset Shimmer and her friends found their way into the Cake Café. They went to their usual table and sat down miserably.

"Well, what now?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"I guess all we can do is... move on." Sunset Shimmer said.

Nobody showed any response to what they heard. Fluttershy looked up and through the window. She watched the raindrops hit the window and sighed.

Meanwhile, Discord sulked at his house window. He materialized a drinking glass in his hand and caught a cup-full of water. He snapped his fingers and the water changed to chocolate milk.

"Turning rainwater into chocolate milk, sir?" Black Tie asked.

"I thought it might cheer me up." Discord said. He took a sip. "Nope. Didn't work."

"I... I just got off the phone with your parents." Black Tie said. "They're on their way from Australia to discuss what to do next."

"It doesn't matter." Discord mourned. "They're just disappointed in me again. I did good, I did bad, but neither of them got me any appreciation."

Black Tie let Discord sulk for a moment while he gathered up his thoughts. After a moment of silence, Black Tie broke it with the very words he thought to himself.

"Do you remember the other night when you invited Fluttershy, Sunset, Rainbow, and the other girls here, master Discord? Do you remember when you brought joy to their faces and you never asked for anything in return? That has to be all the appreciation you need. In all the other schools, all you thought about was yourself. However, in here, you managed to make everyone worth as much as each power you possess. It's like you've got the whole town to be your chaos. Something has changed in you, and it wasn't your powers."

With that, Black Tie turned and left the room. When Discord heard the door shut gently, he replayed his butler's advice in his head over and over. He felt his hand slip into his pocket and pull out his phone. A slideshow of pictures covered the entire screen. In it, Discord smiled with each individual friend. He had the six girls, the Computer Club, the Crusader girls, the musicians... pretty much the entire school. As he scrolled them through, a familiar song played in his head.

"To get far in life

And to have a peaceful mind

You must be a companion

And it starts with being kind

Someone who's always there

Any time and any day

You don't have to wait

A friend is the waaaaaaaay

A very strong belief

In your friends when it's rough

A hand to raise you high

When you need a lift up

Even chaos can be dull

It can quickly end

You don't have to wait

The way is a friiiiiiieeeeend"

Meanwhile, at the café, Fluttershy scrolled through her phone looking through the same pictures Discord was looking through. Pinkie Pie sobbed at seeing them.

"OH, THAT'S SO BEAUTIFUL!" Pinkie Pie sobbed. "Why didn't it go right?!"

"I don't know." Fluttershy shrugged. "I guess... I guess Discord tried doing things alone. It's like Yin and Yang, right? He can't be chaos without a bit of harmony to help him out, right?"

"Right." Sunset Shimmer agreed. "Fluttershy's right. Discord's our friend. If he can't set foot in school anymore, that's all right. But nobody kicks our friend out of town without a fight!"

"YEAH!" the rest of the group agreed triumphantly. They hopped out of their seats and ran outside the door.

Meanwhile, Discord looked at the last picture of him and the six girls having fun. Discord grew confidant and grabbed his jacket and raced out the door. He started running down the stairs when he continued his song.

"I'LL LIVE WITH JUST

A FRIEND BY MY SIDE"

"NO MATTER WHAT LIFE," Fluttershy sang

"CAN POSSIBLY PROVIDE"

"WISHES CAN COME AND GO," both sang,

"BUT FRIENDS WILL ALWAYS STAY"

"YOU DON'T HAVE TO WAIT," Discord sang.

"YOU DON'T HAVE TO WAIT," Fluttershy sang.

"WE KNOW THAT A FRIEND... IS THE..." both sang,

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYY"

Discord reached his front door and opened it wide and fast. Imagine his shock to see the six girls already on the front porch with Fluttershy at the front. Without any warning, Fluttershy jumped toward him and wrapped her arms around him. He hugged her back.

"Don't go, Discord." Fluttershy begged. "I can't stand to see you go."

"Hey, don't worry." Discord said. "I'm not going anywhere. If Starlight Glimmer has a problem with that, she can send me a complaint and I'll take it under advisement."

"Great." Sunset Shimmer said. "So... you're staying?"

"Of course I am." Discord answered. "Listen, Fluttershy, you're right. I did play pranks for attention. But it wasn't for my parents, it was everyone else. I just realized I needed a friend. That's why I joined the election, to see who had faith in me. I wasn't looking for votes; I was looking for friends. And now, I feel my body shaking and..."

"That's because you're phone's vibrating." Applejack said pointing at the light humming from Discord's pocket.

"Hold on." Discord said before pulling out his phone. "Hey, it's Ricky."

"Ricky, from the Computer Club?" Rarity asked.

"Do you know any other Ricky's?" Rainbow Dash asked sarcastically.

"I gotta take this." Discord said. He swiped his thumb on the screen and placed it against his ear. "Hello? ...Yes, I remember you, Ricky. ...Hang on. Say what? What do you mean... All right. Just head on over to my house. You can set it up here" He hung up and looked at his friends. "It's his Devastator project. Ricky thinks it might be malfunctioning."

Author's Note:

The next chapter will feature a surprise character and Starlight's plan for the entire school.

The song featured here is based off "A Boy Needs a Dog reprise" from the Teacher's Pet movie.