• Published 29th Apr 2015
  • 1,337 Views, 26 Comments

Four Powerful Unicorns - Twilicorn01



Twilight is the Princess of Friendship, Princess Celestia's most faithful students- but then again, looks can be deceiving. She is actually the leader of a powerful group of unicorns, bent on over throwing the Princesses and ruling Equestria.

  • ...
10
 26
 1,337

Chapter 1

The moon was high in the sky when Twilight Sparkle awoke that night. She glanced around her wide, sparkling room, looking closely at Spike as he slept at the foot of her bed. When she was sure that he was asleep, she leaped out of bed, pulling on a dark cloak. She grabbed a bag and silently walked out of her room and down the empty palace halls. She arrived at a balcony, and walked into the open night air. She closed her eyes for a moment, a look of concentration crossing her face, before her silhouette blinked out of view and she was gone.

Twilight let out a satisfied sigh, and looked around to the place where she had teleported. The area was as familiar as her own home by now. It was an abandoned cave deep in the Everwood Forest, barely visible behind the thick wall of ivy and bracken growing around it. The entrance to the cave was dismal, it had a woven straw mat and an oil lamp for decoration, along with a cracked mirror. Expertly, from many, many times of doing this, Twilight walked up to the mirror. With a few quick words, the mirror slid aside to reveal in enchanted tunnel. Unlike the room before it, the tunnel was lavishly decorated with a silk rug running down its length, and ornate torches hanging in golden brackets on the walls. Twilight dismissively walked down the tunnel, entering a large living space, where a fiery golden unicorn looked up from her scroll.

"Twilight!" Sunset Shimmer dashed over to Twilight as she entered to room, levitating the spell scroll behind her. "I wrote a wicked new spell, you have to try it!"

"Hey Sunset," Twilight said, zapping the spell scroll over to herself for further investigation. "Where are the others?"

Sunset shrugged uncaringly, teleporting over to the couch to sit down. "I don't know," she yawned, lounging back on the couch. "We're the first two here. They're probably fine."

"Probably?" Twilight asked sharply. "What if something's wrong? What if our secret is revealed?"

Sunset laughed. "Relax, Twi," she said, calling Twilight by the nick name she hated. "They're two of the four most powerful unicorns in Equestria. They can take care of themselves."

Twilight relaxed. "You're right," she said, strolling over to sit on the couch besides Sunset. "So, tell me about this new spell you wrote."

Sunset sat up much straighter, almost bursting with pride. "Look," she said, zapping the scroll to herself. "It's an interrogation spell. Paired with a honesty spell, it'll make anypony admit anything and make them tell the truth while they're at it!"

Twilight scanned the spell, nodding occasionally at the well written spell. "Well done Sunset, we'll defenitely be using this, hopefully in the near future." She let out an almost evil laugh, and Sunset joined in with her.

Suddenly, a puff of blue smoke burst into the room as rolling thunder broke out. Lighting zapped everywhere, leaving charred marks all over the ornate furniture. Out of the smoke stepped a blue unicorn, her horn sparking with light pink magic. A booming voice echoed through the cavern: "The Great and Powerful Trixie has arrived!"

Twilight scowled. "Trixie!" She scolded, looking around. "You burnt all the furniture!"

Trixie shrugged. "So? We can fix it in the blink of an eye." She pointed out, rolling her eyes. "Watch." Quickly, pink magic flooded the room, pulling charred furniture back together. The plush carpet reknit itself into a soft mass, the picture righted themselves on the walls, and the lavish furniture were suddenly without any signs of burning.

Twilight rolled her eyes, but let it drop. "Great," she said. "Where is Starlight Glimmer?"

"She's gonna be a bit late," Trixie informed her, "She sent me a message saying she was doing business in Apploosa." She grinned. "And by 'business' she meant stirring up chaos and taking down loyalty to Celestia."

"Good!" Sunset cheered. "A step in the right direction."

"Alright," Twilight nodded with satisfaction, "Do you know when she'll be here?"

Trixie shrugged, popping a hayburger into existence with a flash of her horn. "Beats me," she said, chewing. "Ya can't rush chaos, you know."

"Whatever," Twilight said, rolling her eyes and popping away Trixie's hayburger. Trixie let out a squeal of protest. "Let's get this meeting started. Sunset came up with an interrogation spell, and I," she said with a smug smile, "Have got us a prisoner." With that, she teleported a certain unicorn into existence. Sunset and Trixie gasped, looking with awe at the dark black unicorn. His royal caped flowed around him as he struggled with invisible bonds, letting out a roar of frustration. "Thats right, fillies- the one and only Sombra." Twilight said, grinning at the shocked expressions on her companion's faces.

After the initial shock faded away, an evil grin crossed Sunset Shimmer's face. "Well well well, what do we have here?" She drawled lazily, circling around Sombra. He froze, stopping struggling in his bonds. "Look's like we'll have some...fun... Today."

Trixie was more wary of this new development. "Twilight, how did you get him?" She questioned, glaring at Sombra from the corner of her eye. "I don't like this, I don't like this at all."

"Relax, Trixie," Twilight said, patting her shoulder. "I took a trip out to visit my brother and that soft old' wife of his." She snorted in distaste as she thought of Cadance, the princess of love. "On that 'trip', I took a little excursion out onto the ice- where I cast a powerful summoning spell. Sombra still has all of his magic- for now. We'll get to draining it soon."

Trixie now looked convinced, as Sunset still circled Sombra ominously.

"Sombra, what do you have to be afraid of?" Sunset cooed in a mockingly sweet voice. "Don't worry, we'll be done with you soon." She had a wicked gleam in her eye as she said that, and Sombra trembled slightly as he looked at her.

And suddenly, a fourth unicorn joined them. She shook her head, the slight curl in her purple and mint green mane falling effortlessly back into place. "What, starting without me, girls?" Starlight Glimmer said in a fake pouty voice, twisting her lips into an endearing smile. "Now where's the fun in that?"

"You're finally here," Twilight said, getting straight to business. "We were just about to drain this prisoner. Then lock him in the dungeon, probably." Sombra let out a yelp at the new piece of news of what was to become of him.

"Great," Starlight said, "Lets get started."

Author's Note:

Hello to anyone reading this! Thank you for looking at my new story! This is my first story, so im sorry if it's not very good. Please leave feed back in the comments:pinkiehappy: