• Published 8th Apr 2015
  • 25,939 Views, 250 Comments

The World Given Form - Mega NewWays97



The sun, moon have beings that show who they are but what about the very world itself? Warcrafts greatest Dragon displaced.

  • ...
68
 250
 25,939

Trip Up North part 1

Author's Note:

If you haven't read it. This and the next chapter deal with what happened before the crossover in machines and magic

Deathwings new human form was a huge shock for the group as they road back. For Deathwing, he could remember this form. He recalled it.

"Amazing you actually remembered something and you ended up getting another form?" Twilight asked. She knew what humans where because of the mirror but this was something he did on his own.

"Yes I also seem to recall something else...." His memories flashed of a void with rocks around him as they moved and smashed into his very body then nothing.

"I think I may have played a hand in the creation of this world." Deathwing finished.

"Oh so you're like some kinda elder god that's been sleeping after your created the world?" Pinkie pie said bouncing.

Deathwing gave a laugh. "I believe I wasn't the only one there."

"Really?!" everyone else asked.

"So, there're...more of your kind out there?" Rarity asked.

Neltharion shook his head. "I'm not too sure." he frowned. "The images are all blurry. Not to mention, I'm still trying to figure out why my magic all of the sudden decided to act up without me consciously using it."

"I think it was because you remembered something." Twilight stated. "Maybe your memories are somehow linked to your magic and it somehow caused a backlash." she suggested.

"Ain't that a tad dangerous?" Applejack asked. "Ah don't pretend ta understand a jiffy of that, but from the sounds of it, it's like a rubber band ya stretch too far and then it snaps back at ya."

"Interesting way of describing it." Deathwing commented. "But she's right. I have to be more careful in the future in case I remember something else."

"Yes, yes, enough talk about this." Rarity interjected. "Just look at those marvelous clothes." Indeed, Deathwing's clothes looked like they were those of an aristocrat. They were mostly overall black and looked like they weren't even worn for one day. He wore a cape, which was red from the inside. He also had a sword with a golden handle attached to his belt.

Of course they also covered his natural armor which gave him the look of a warrior king, the kind you find in novels that Twilight read from time to time. The clothes did appear a bit after the whole mess but they felt like they were casual. With his hand raised he clenched his fist as fire and heat formed around it. "It does feel natural though, like I used it before." The dragon said. He gave a sigh as they finally returned it was night time. "While I flew over the kingdom I saw my handy work across the vast wastes... The map in your castle also helped me see the damage done." He raised his hands upon the ground below a small pillar of earth rose. "I am connected to the earth the air and the water of this world." The pillar broke into sand and was carried off by the wind. "I'm going to go off tomorrow to explore this world." The dragon turned to them. "I'll return when I'm done." He said with a smile.

"That sounds cool. Mind if I tag along?" Rainbow asked.

"Are you sure?" the dragon asked. "I don't doubt your speed, but I plan on flying non-stop. Do you really think you have the stamina? I don't plan on taking any lunch breaks, you know."

"What? How are ya gonna pull that off?!" she asked.

"I'm a dragon." he shrugged. "A grown dragon. I can eat a lot and use my reserves at a later date, given I haven't used them up over time, like during my sleep. Incidentally, Pinkie Pie is there any of the food left from yesterday?" he asked.

"Nuh uh." Pinkie shook her head. "You ate everything up yesterday, silly."

"Guess I'll stop by the bakery today." 'Also, I should go hunting tonight. I don't want to scare the ponies to death. Not that they think I'll end up eating them one day.' he thought to himself.

"I'm still gonna tag along. We could race at some points. Besides, it would be awesome to fly with a dragon across Equestria."

"Same problem as before Rainbow. I don't plan on making any stops."

"So what's the problem? I'll just bring my saddlebags along with some lunch boxes." Rainbow stated, putting her front legs behind her head.

'That settles that." he thought. 'She can sit on my back, while I fly. I might as well inspect the land and see what damage has been done. Maybe help out here and there. In disguise of course.'

The next day Deathwing was finally finishing up his intake as Rainbow dash was finished with her packing. The mighty dragon spread his wings as he was ready. "All ready?" He asked Rainbow Dash nodded. With a mighty thrust death wing went up into the air the wind form his wings alone would have send anything below him flying at the hurricane force winds. Rainbow Dash took off as Deathwing went flying. Despite not being as fast as her his wings keep a massive wind torrent behind him. Not only that but his size along allowed he cover land far faster then she could. She flew above his head.

"So where are you headed first?" She asked. The dragon knew she was there.

"Up north I believe my awaking has opened parts of the ice open there no telling what could happen in the ice collapses' most likely the crystal empire would become a land of ice." The dragon said. "Up north its kinda cold." Rainbow Dash answered. "Perhaps but my body has magma in it I can turn up my heat to the same as the planets core I say around 6,000 degrees the same as the surface of the sun."

"Well that sure should come in hoofy." Rainbow commented. "Just don't meld everything or the crystal empire will turn into the crystal ocean." She winked at the dragon.

For a while the two were just flying and enjoying the freedom of flying. Since they were headed north, they would cross Canterlot. Deathwing decided to change in his Alicorn form. Granted the one or other pony might have already seen him, Canterlot wasn't THAT far away after all. But hopefully they would shrug it off as an imagination or something similar.

When they did come across Canterlot, they saw construction ponies, still repairing some damaged buildings. Deathwing lowered his head dejectedly. It must have been quite the shocker for everypony, not to mention expensive.

"Hey, heads up big guy." Rainbow gave her flying buddy a soft punch. "Nopony got hurt, from what I heard. Nothing collapsed either. I think Twilight mentioned something along the lines of magic keeping everything safe, 'cause there had been tons of earthquakes in the past or something."

"Thank you, Rainbow Dash. I just hope everyone else had that much luck."

The two continued flying towards the crystal empire. It took some time until Neltharion could transform again. There was a lot of traffic in the air around Canterlot, especially since some pegasi were carrying construction materials in flying carriages. But when he did, the two were finally able to increase their speed, without the fear of crashing into anypony or anygryphon for that matter. That didn't mean they were alone for long, oh no. It just so happened that a patrol of the Wonderbolts spotted them or rather spotted Deathwing and started engaging.

"Who are those?" Deathwing pointed at the approaching pegasi.

"Oh, my gosh! It's the Wonderbolts! How come you don't know about them?"

"I kind of overslept their founding."

"Oh...right." The cyan mare realized.

The Wonderbolts would soon make contact with Deathwing unless something would happen. "Be right back, big guy."

The Bolts were startled, when Rainbow Dash approached them at high speed. They were about to break formation and dodge her, when she called out: "Wait guys! The big guy over there is friendly."

The Wonderbolts hit the brakes, in a matter of speaking, and just stopped in front of her.

"Rainbow Dash?" Dash recognized the voice at the one of Spitfire. Said mare put her goggles up and looked at her with a look that said: "Are you kidding me?" Out loud she said. "Friendly? You sure, you aren't taking this 'Council of Friendship' thing too seriously?"

"Nah, he's really cool once you get to know him. Hey, big guy! Get over here! I wanna introduce you to somepony!"

The Bolts tensed up, when Neltharion came closer.

"Death, that's the captain of the Wonderbolts, Spitfire. And....I dunno the other two." She said sheepishly. "Spitfire, that's Deathwing. We're on a stroll."

"A...stroll." Spitfire deadpanned.

"As much as we'd love to continue chatting" Deathwing interjected "we need to get moving. I want to return to Ponyville today, if possible. Captain, the princesses know about me. Just ask them, if you have a problem."

Deathwing took off.

"See ya." Rainbow flew after him, catching up quickly.

As they came to the frozen north Deathwing returned to his dragon form. After the cold blizzards and cold they came to the ice sheet that was cracked open. Deathwing landed as his massive weight caused the ice to creak more. He closed his eyes. "Sorry." He used his magic to change down to his human from in his hands was a giant maul. For one of the creaks however a white crystal rose. This crystal glowed before it broke and outright there was a horse made of cold. Rainbow Dash blinked at this. It was a Wendigo. An actual Wendigo.

Rainbow dash thought they were well gone.