• Published 8th Apr 2015
  • 25,780 Views, 250 Comments

The World Given Form - Mega NewWays97



The sun, moon have beings that show who they are but what about the very world itself? Warcrafts greatest Dragon displaced.

  • ...
68
 250
 25,780

The Gala and Discord part 1

Author's Note:

Its alive! XD. Anyway here the long overdue chapter and I managed to get it here with my phone!

Deathwing hold up the letter the strange eyed mail mare gave him. "I wonder what this actually is? I'm pretty sure I don't get mail." He removed the envelope to find a ticket and a invitation. "To Neltharion the earth Wader you are nearby invited to attend the grand galloping gala you are allowed to bring one friend with you as well." The Dragon of the world held the ticket in his claws. "I somehow get the feeling this won't end well." The Dragon said. When he went on the path to ponyville from his cave he constructed he saw Discord moving on the ground like a snake. "Discord what are you doing?" He asked the spirit of chaos.

Discord turned to the embodiment of the world. With his eyes he looked at the ticket I. H

The dragons claws. "She invited you but not me?" Discord asked. Deathwing got the feeling Discord didn't get invited. However that actually seemed strange to him. Actually now that he realized it were did Discord even live?

"Where do you even live?" Deathwing asked. Discord stopped for a moment. "Oh that's not important right now."

The spirit of chaos disappeared, leaving the earth bender to his own thoughts and his own ticket for that matter. He walked back into his cave, which he dug/melted out of a mountain near the Everfree Forest. Twilight very much appreciated his company, but he had felt like he had been just using her generosity.

About the decoration...eh. It made Twilight's castle look like it was stuffed. Before the decoration was done by her friends. For starters his bed was just a stone plate in pony size. He couldn't meld out enough for his dragon size, because he had nowhere to put the rock. He already got a stern talking from Celestia once, after dumping the cooled lava in a beautiful landscape where nopony lives!

As for the rest of the cave, well he did have a nightstand. Made of stone. A lamp!...Which was just a magic gemstone, which could be turned on and off by a mere thought. Table, chair...yeah. Maybe he should ask for some help for decorating his own home. But that could wait.

Forgetting Discord for a moment, he still had no idea who he should invite. Sure, he was acquaintance with quite a lot of ponies from Ponyville, but that was about it. They were neighbors, nothing more and nothing less.

'Actually I could ask the others. Though, most likely they already got their own tickets. I could ask Discord! Oh wait, I have no idea where he disappeared to. Hmm...well, first things first, I need a tuxedo.'

Putting the ticket away, he casually flew over to Carousel Boutique. The Gala wasn't until another few days according to the ticket. And just then Deathwing remembered that he had no idea what the Grand Galloping Gala was supposed to be. Just from the name he imagined ponies running around in circles.

Landing in front of Rarity's place, he opened the door, the little bell on top signaling his entrance. It was cleaned up like always, the mannequins wearing some new dresses. The unicorn probably got some orders for the gala, if the golden design of the ticket really indicated the popularity of the event.

"Ah, Neltharion" Rarity preferred his original name "how can I help you?"

"For once, I'm actually here for business. You see today I received an invitation for the Grand Galloping Gala-"

"Oh you too?" the unicorn interrupted the disguised dragon. "Well then, come over here and let me take your measurements."

Neltharion followed the marshmallow colored unicorn to the platform in the middle of the room. She then fetched a measuring tape, while talking to her guest. "I have a question Rarity. What exactly is the Grand Galloping Gala?"

"Oh it's only the most sophisticated event in the entire year. Princess Celestia herself decides who gets invited."

"Mhm. And she didn't invite Discord? Fluttershy told me the two are actually friends, though to be honest, given his story I have a hard time believing that."

"Oh well, I do not claim to know the exact relationship between the princess and Discord, but Fluttershy pretty much told me the same. Granted she is the one who spends the most time with him." the unicorn explained.

"I see."

"And to answer your other question, Discord was actually here earlier today. He seemed pretty miffed not to be invited. And to be honest, I'm not surprised he did not get a ticket. Not to be rude or anything, he is just..."

"Yeah, I get the picture. Still, if I get invited, someone who barely knows the princess, shouldn't he get invited too? Hmm, I do have yet to decide who is going to be my plus one. Maybe I should talk to him, when I get the chance."

"Well, dear. It is your decision. I simply hope Discord will behave himself for once. And done. Oh my, how time flies when you have fun. I'll have your tuxedo ready by tomorrow. And don't hesitate to bring your plus one with you, if you have found somepony by that time."

"Will do Rarity. Thanks for everything."

"Not a problem dear."

Deathwing walked up to Twilights castle. He decided to check to see if twilight was home. However instead of the princess of friends the Dragon found only spike. "Oh hey Neltherion I didn't know you were coming over?" The older dragon walked in and couldn't find Twilight anywhere. "Where is Twilight at?" Deathwing asked. "Twilight as canterlot helping Celestia with the Grand Galloping Gala." Spike answered back. Deathwing gave a nod. "You wouldn't mind me asking if you got invited did you?" Spike thought for a moment. He actually didn't get invited. Then again he did accidentally burn a letter he got this morning. Maybe he burned his invitation? "Well not exactly." Neltherion held out his ticket. "Well seeing as how I really have no clue about this event and you have more experience then me you want to come with me?" The older drake asked.

Spike was speechless for about a few seconds. "Yes I'll go with you." Spike said with enthusiasm. Deathwing gave a bit of a laugh at this.

Spike headed over to Rarity as quickly as his tiny feet could carry him. As for Deathwing, he decided to get himself a furniture catalogue and skim through it. Maybe he could find something interesting for his cave in it.

After he got it, he walked away from the newsstand with the catalogue floating in front of his face. As coincidence wanted it to happen, he actually bumped into Discord, who was holding his own ticket in his claws.

"Ow...oh sorry Discord. Hey, you DID get invited." 'Good. Now I don't need to feel bad about not inviting you.'

"Yes, yes. As it turned out, the post-pony simply had a hard time finding my address. I don't understand. As far as I know, I'm the only one living in the chaos lands."

'Explains a lot.' Deathwing thought to himself.

"In any event, I'm afraid I have little time to talk. I need to go to places." Without another Discord flew away on one of his rainbow colored clouds.

'He still seemed a little angry. Well, what does he expect? Chaos lands? I don't even have remotely an idea where this is. If he complains about not getting any mail, then maybe he should just move somewhere like, I don't know, Canterlot?'

Shrugging the chaos entity off, Neltharion walked home.

At the Gala Celestia and Twilight saw the guest arrive. The usual were seen coming with the council of Friendship members and there guests. The announcer who read the invite said, "Announcing the arrival of Neltherion the earth Wander and Spike the Dragon." The two dragons walked in with Deathwing in a smaller version of his Dragon from. The tex really didn't go well with it in Deathwing mind. The two dragons was a bit of a sight. However over the centuries visitors from other races had been know to come so the surprise was really at Deathwing himself. Pinkie Pie was seen first to greet them with her invite. "Maud this Neltherion, Nelly." Deathwing eyes twitched at that. "This is my sister Maud." The more emotionless pony gave the metal skinned Dragon a blink stare. "So your the planet's avatar?" She asked.

"Yes, that is correct. So, you have heard about me?"

"I did." she said in a monotone voice. "I wanted you to meet boulder, but they don't allow pets here."

"Which is completely ridiculous!" Pinkie exclaimed. "I mean, princess Celestia has a garden full of animals right there!" the pink earth pony pointed outside one of the large windows.

"Yes, that is unfortunate." Deathwing commented neutrally. "Are those two really related?" he whispered to Spike.

"Yeah, I know. Hard to imagine." the smaller drake whispered back.

"So, what do you have as a pet?"

"Boulder. He's my pet rock."

...

'I'm getting a certain train of thoughts here. And I don't like where this train is heading.'

The awkward silence was interrupted by a trumpet, followed by another announcement.

"Announcing Discord, the spirit of chaos and...ehh..."

Discord whispered something into the pony's ear. "The Smooze!"