• Published 8th Apr 2015
  • 25,928 Views, 250 Comments

The World Given Form - Mega NewWays97



The sun, moon have beings that show who they are but what about the very world itself? Warcrafts greatest Dragon displaced.

  • ...
68
 250
 25,928

Trip Up North part 2

"Talk about a frosty demeanor." Deathwing stated as he blocked a nice blast with his body that came out of the Wendigo's mouth. He actually felt that. Normally his body temperature was high enough to heat up the air around him. This Wendigo was clearly not your run out of the mill monster. And if Deathwing wouldn't have blocked the attack, Rainbow Dash would have been dead, before her body would have been completely frozen.

Since all diplomacy seemed to have failed before it even began, Deathwing counterattacked a mighty swing of his maul burning with lava. Of course the Wendigo dodged flying out of the way. He (or she? Deathwing couldn't tell its gender) began circling the dragon in human from. Deathwing mimicked his opponents' move, while the lava he from earlier started melting the area.

Deathwing, in a flash, took on his dragon form and flew up to the Wendigo. The frost horse charged at the dragon. Deathwing let loose a blast of magma, while Rainbow Dash flew around as Deathwing turned up his heat. As the two of them got in close, Deathwing let the horse charge at him, before giving it a molten die. It used its powers in an attempt to freeze Deathwing who turned up the heat to counter the attack. Finally Deathwing won and the Wendigo burned to ash.

Deathwing blinked at his temperature. '950 degress.' He literally was the hottest thing on the planet and the ice below him gave out under the heat and water. Revealing what looked like a city burred under the ice, with crystals that served as the Wendigos' "sleeping places," including a very big one in the center.

"I think this is their city." Deathwing said. Rainbow dash blinked at this. "This is a Wendigo city?"

"Maybe? If so, we might have a problem. I just killed one of their citizens, possibly a guard."

"That's...not so awesome." Rainbow commented. "So, what are we gonna do?"

"Hmmm, on the one hand I'd like to see what's in there, but on the other..."

"You just turned a Wendigo to smithereens. But hey, it was self defense." Rainbow Dash argued. "Besides, I don't see anypony down there. Do you?"

"Now that you mention it..." Neltharion looked over the place "it does seem deserted, but I still feel magic in this place. We should be careful, while we explore this place. And let's hope this was the only Wendigo here."

Rainbow blew a raspberry. "Now where's the fun in that? If you wouldn't have been so fast in burning the guy, I would have given it some good kicks. Huh, ha!" she made some karate motions in mid-air.

"Yeah, right." Deathwing deadpanned.

"Hey, I tell you I have the black belt in karate! Me and Applejack weekly compete with each other and I AM AWESOME."

'How does that will help you survive? Do you want your enemies to establish a fan club of you?' Pictures of Starlight Glimmer, forcing everyone to wear a rainbow colored toupee entered his mind. 'I need a doctor.'

As they landed within the city Deathwing could hear a voice. It was coming from the big crystal. "I think we need to leave now." He said turning to Rainbow Dash. A few crystals blasted into Wendigo. "The crystals are the Wendigos." Rainbow Dash said. Deathwing let loose a burst of ash as they both took off. "We got to warn the princesses." Rainbow Dash said, as the Wendigo charged at them. Deathwing turned to them he turned up the heat to 1,250 degrees and unleash a burst of lava two of them where burn into ash the others moved away for a lava.

Deathwing gave a roar as the winds picked up and ash came out form his mouth a smoke screen fromed around them as they both got away. Deathwing gave another burst of ash as the winds took it and formed a maze for the wendigo.

"So much for the city being uninhabited." the dragon growled.

"Where did they come from?" Rainbow exclaimed. "Or, what were they doing in the crystals?!"

"In some sort of stasis. Asleep." He added, seeing Rainbow's clueless face. "The first wendigo must have been a guardian, waiting for the rest to wake up. And now, everyone is angry that we woke them up from their beauty sleep."

"You know, I kinda understand them now. So, what are we gonna do? Beat them all up, until nopony is left standing?"

Deathwing raised his wing, in order to shield Dash from incoming ice spikes. "How about you leave them to me? No offense Dash, but" he used his tail as a whip, in order to get rid of an incoming beast "even with your speed, it's just too cold. You leave my side for too long and you'll be a Popsicle before you can even touch one of them."

"Yeah what makes you think?" Rainbow dash asked. "I'm at 1,500 degrees right now and any other time you would be cooked alive." He turned to the Wendigo. "I have had enough." With a flash, both him and Rainbow dash where gone. Above a massive flash came as the air was suddenly rotating. Deathwing turned to down as him and Rainbow Dash landed. Well the pegasus landed, the dragon crashed. "Great now we got a whole city of Wendigo out to get us." the mare said. "There was more to that big crystal right?" she asked. "That had to be there leader." Rainbow dash blinked that crystal was bigger than all for princesses combined.

"My guess is its still waking up but if it does well then this land would become a ice sheet in a matter of seconds."

"Okay, stay close Dash, we're going in."

"Hey, what are you doing?!" Rainbow shouted, as Deathwing's tail, snaked around her and then grabbed her like an anaconda. Dash tried to get out of the tight grip, but Deathwing didn't even feel her struggle.

He focused on the incoming Wendigos, toasting them with his lava. "Annoying little pests." he muttered, between breaths. After clearing the way, he took off with Rainbow Dash, screaming behind him, demanding to fly on her own.

Deathwing flew sideways, dodging more incoming ice breaths, along with ice spikes being shot at him. He had to be careful, though. His tail was used to switch directions during flying. In areas like this, a cave, it could easily hit some obstacles, like in this town, a tall building.

Now however, he was carrying Rainbow Dash with his tail. It probably would have been better carrying her in one of his claws, but the rate the wendigos were waking up he didn't have the time to switch Rainbow into his claw. It also meant that he couldn't adjust his route as much as he liked, unless he wanted to explain to Twilight, why there was nothing more than a puddle of blood left of the pegasus.

So the only choice left was to fly straight up, grill anything in the way and endure the cold blasts that were coming towards him.

Deathwing had a idea with a roar the wall gave way as him and Rainbow dash headed through another cave network as he used his connection to the planet to close off routes they finally where by themselves and with a final roar a new cave opened up in the crystal empire. Shining armor stopped blinking at the opening only to see the dragon Deathwing fly out with a final roar he let out lava into the hole as it closed up.

He landed in front Shining armor, who just happened to pass by. Luckily the stallion had already heard of the dragon, so he didn't panic. From the outside at least. "We're finally free of the Wendigos." Rainbow dash said. Shining armor jumped back. "Wendigos? But they are extinct." Shining answered. Deathwing turned to him. "Unfortunely we found there ancient city and what's more I believe there 'king' is about to wake up." Shining armor looked at the massive Dragon. "Sorry we haven't been introduced."

Shining said. The dragon gave a laugh. "It's alright I am Neltherion but I go by Deathwing. Now I'd love to continue to chitchat, but there's someone who's had a rather bad morning."

As if on cue, a cold wind burst up the ground, reopening the whole, where Deathwing just came out. The dragon got ready to fight, when a voice called out to him.

"Hello~o! Would you mind like, I don't know, LETTING THE BUCK GO OF ME?!?!" Rainbow Dash shouted.

"Sorry Rainbow."

The drake let go of the pony, who flew upwards and stretched her wings. "I'm never EVER going to fly by dragon! Oh mare. Hey Shining Armor."

"Rainbow Dash?! What are you doing here?" Shining Armor exclaimed. He just noticed who the mare actually was.

"Eh...long story. We don't really have time right now at our hooves."

"Would somepony please explain to me, just WHAT is going on?"

"Wendigos. Attacking. Now." Deathwing gave his "explanation" to the unicorn. As soon as the head of the first Wendigo showed up, Deathwing started spitting lava into the hole. Using his abilities, he tried to determine the movements of the Wendigos underground and if they were trying to take a different route towards the surface.

He saw some of them heading across dead ends and a few seemed to be trying to dive through the ice. With his powers Deathwing lets loose a burst of hot lava down the hole in hopes to flood the cave systems with his magma. Princess Cadance soon appeared to see Deathwing letting out as much magma as possible. "What's going on?" She heard from her aunts about the Dragon Deathwing but why was he kept sending lava underground. With a final burst he closed the hole.

"The Wendigo have returned." Shining armor answered.

Deathwing turned. "I fear that there ruler may slowly be waking up as well most of the wendigo would be trapped in the caves, but I don't see them staying in there for long." Deathwing finished.

All of the sudden Discord appeared. "Well now I cann finally go to the crystal springs and what's going on?" Discord asked. He knew something was going on.

"The Wendigo have returned." Discord blinked.

"So just pull out a hearts warming flame it's not like."

Deathwing added in. "There leader is also waking up."

Discord dropped his glass as it cause a explosion where he was. "We're doomed."

"The hay do you mean, we're doomed?!" Rainbow Dash flew up. "You're" she poked his nose "the bucking spirit of chaos. DO something!"

"Well excuse me, Rainbow Dash." Discord crossed his limps and turned around from her. "But even chaos has its limits."

"Okay, you two lovebirds." Deathwing pushed himself between the two. "Before this gets out of hand, shouldn't we focus on finding a way to solve the problem?"

"Umm, who are you again?" Cadance asked.

"Neltharion will do for now. So, Discord, how were the Wendigos stopped in the first placed."

"Hmm...I think we need to switch authors first."

...

"What?"

"Oh don't worry your heads about it. It's just another matter of not properly communicating with each other."

"I never thought I'd say it, but you're making even less sense than usual." Shining stated.

"Look just get the princesses I'm sure them and me can keep him asleep." Discord also remembered something. "Also we might want to hurry I believe the changelings are about to have a civil war don't want that be the thing that wakes them up, Deathwing can you go and keep them from you know until we get this finished?" Discord asked.

The Dragon gave a nod of understanding. "Good hopefully the readers won't mind the whole month spent on setting things up." Discord said.