• Published 4th Apr 2015
  • 453 Views, 5 Comments

Natureshy: RotE Episode 11 - Dream Volt



Fluttershy deals with deer, Discord, and some strange magical pony she's never met before.

  • ...
 5
 453

Enter the Great and Powerful Trixie

Meditation was the first step, and it was really easy. Rarity seemed to have a little trouble earlier, but Acorn talked to her about something really quietly and now Acorn seems happy with both of us. Then Trixie ran into the clearing. At least a dozen deer were following her. She ran right past me, but then skidded to a stop, turned, and ran behind me. The deer surrounded us, but didn't attack.

"Hold it right there."

"Trixie needs help yellow pony. Tell them Trixie is supposed to be here."

"You are?" I asked

"So you do know her?" asked a deer.

Trixie looked high above at the canopy. "Trixie blames you for all of this you know."

"I'm sorry." I then looked down

"Trixie is not talking to you, Butterfly."

I looked up. "It's, Fluttershy."

"Trixie of course knows that but she is trying to annoy your sister out of hiding."

"Oh." I smiled "So Sky is here?"

"Yes, the captain is without a doubt still right nearby above us somewhere, but she is being very stubborn about this."

The deer were now all searching above us. I closed my eyes and focused. Twilight said she was pretty sure I was reading auras when I did it but it was strange I did it with my eyes closed. She was above us moving slowly. I opened my eyes to see Acorn now just outside the circle of deer, Rarity right behind her. Sky was trying to hide but just like always I could find her. I gasped.

"Oh my, does that mean I've always been able to do something most pegasi can't and I just didn't realize it?"

"Trixie does not know what you mean. Perhaps you can clear this all up?"

"I'm sorry Trixie, but nopony told me anything about you and Sky coming." I said

"Fluttershy." Said Acorn "You know your sister is up there, don't you?"

I nodded, then smiled. "Oh, you can sense her too?"

Acorn shook her "Not even a little. Very impressive. So let me guess, she will be a jet black mare with neon pink hair, correct?"

I nodded. "Oh yes, that's her."

"In that case she is indeed supposed to be here, though she should not know that. However uncle did expect one Trixie Lulamoon and Silent Sky to be visiting"

"The exacerbated and annoyed Trixie would prefer you not address her as such."

"That means you might as well come down." added Acorn

I heard a great big sigh from overhead. Then Sky came down. She was wearing that new silver armor of hers with only little bits of purple trim, most obvious a purple crescent on the front of the armor. She wasn't wearing a helmet though. Her mane was cut shorter than mine, but never as short as she used to when she was trying too hard to impress daddy. She looked like a bat pony too, though only the wings were stuck like that. The deer were staring. She wasn't making any noise of course. I smiled as she came down, and once she was close enough gave her a great big hug. After a slight pause she hugged me back.

"It's good to see you too, but I was ordered to sneak in here and observe you covertly. Surely Luna wouldn’t play games like her…" Then she sighed again. "But she would play games by her own rules."

"Trixie does not understand."

"She ordered me to sneak in here and observe Fluttershy. She also said the purpose of such would become obvious soon enough."

"The clever and observant Trixie thinks it really is obvious. Sneaking in is a test of sorts, and now we are supposed to train with the deer, like Rarity and your sister."

Acorn nodded. "Exactly. I'm not entirely clear why however. Any idea?"

"I don't know what I could learn." Said Sky "But Trixie could at the very least learn to mask her aura better. Yes the illusion was fine but that was a terrible job at the spell. I can't say exactly what you did wrong but I know it was bad."

"For the last time it isn't Trixie's fault. The spell is simply not powerful enough to mask Trixie's greatness. Trixie can't fix that."

"That spell can work for anypony. Even earth ponies and pegasai can cast it." Sky then sighed "I wasn't aware it was a spell until recently, but that isn't the point."

"The rest of you can go now." Said Acorn "Trixie, try to hide your aura again. While you're at it let me see that invisibility spell."

"Of course. Trixie is always prepared to amaze."

Trixie's cape billowed behind her as her horn lit up, and then with a puff of smoke nothing happened. Trixie was still standing there but when the smoke finished clearing the deer gasped. Except for Acorn that is. I then remembered Twilight said something about me seeing though illusions easily now. I noticed Rartiy was intently focused on something. I think either Trixie herself or her clothes.

"Where did she go." Said a random deer

"Wow, that's really good, if I couldn’t still sense her aura I'd think she had really vanished." Added another "Excellent spell work."

"She even hid some of her aura but…"

Acorn interrupted. "Something is wrong with her aura itself, that's why it isn't working. It's disrupting a perfectly cast spell."

"Hah, Trixie told you that…" Then her face paled "Wait, doesn't that mean there has to be something wrong with me?" She gasped. "Oh no. What if it's horn rot?" Trixie danced in place like the ground was hot. "I don't want to get horn rot. That would be just terrible." Then she spun to look Acorn right in the eyes. Acorn took a step back. "Please say it isn't horn rot."

"It does involve your horn I think, but it is not horn rot. For one thing that doesn't affect your aura except during casting until there is a physical sign."

"Oh, yes. Of course." She looked away "Trixie knew that."

"Come on girls. We need to get back to our posts."

The deer guards then bounded off, vanishing into the woods. I was surprised they seemed to have literally vanished. It had to be some sort of spell, but I don't think it was a teleport. At least not like Twilight or the princesses cast. Sky seemed to be staring at Trixie, then shook her head.

"I still can't believe you were right. I also continually forget you could actually stop if you felt like it." She shook her head. "You really are unbelievable."

"Yes, the incredible and unbelievable Trixie can simply be inconceivable at times, can't she?" Trixie smiled widely, then turned back to Acorn. "But for now Trixie must know what you mean."

"Wait, did you realize but still…" Sky then sighed. "Never mind."

"I don't know." Said Acorn. "It will take some more study, and even then I can't be sure. I suggest we see uncle Wynn at once. Surely he will be able to figure it out."

"So we shall all go see your Elder Wynn then?" asked Rarity

"No. There are more rooms in your tree correct?"

"Oh yes, it's very large." I said "I'm sure there is enough room for Sky and Trixie."

"I will see if my uncle agrees. Follow me Trixie. Feel free to do whatever you like. Rarity practice what I taught you. We were doing exceptionally well today anyway. We can stand to be slightly behind schedule tomorrow."

Then Acorn left. She didn't stop to make sure Trixie was following, even though for a while Trixie wasn't. Rarity watched her go, then turned to me.

"So darling, what do you think we should look for?"

"Uh…"

Author's Note:

Just so you know Sky does appear before this, but it it doesn't really matter too much. She's a fairly simple character for the most part. She's also despite appearance, much older, and they aren't close. She's actually the main character of episode zero, but I would not reccomend reading that right now, it is in no way my best.