• Published 4th Apr 2015
  • 452 Views, 5 Comments

Natureshy: RotE Episode 11 - Dream Volt



Fluttershy deals with deer, Discord, and some strange magical pony she's never met before.

  • ...
 5
 452

Multiple paths to victory

The elements didn't work. For a while Chrysalis just stood there laughing, the elements not changing her at all. Then she walked down toward us. I noticed Twilight had edged away from the rest of us once the changelings in armor took the elements away. We probably could have taken them back if we really wanted, but none of us bothered. Then Chrysalis stood right in front of me and bowed.

"So have you been having fun…" She paused "Would you prefer to be addressed by your title or name? You asked me when I was mimicking Cadence just to call you Fluttershy, but I'm not sure if that's your true preference."

"Uh, well, yes. I don't really like it too much when anypony uses either title so…"

"So, have you been having fun Fluttershy?"

"Are you mental?" asked Dash

I was now more confused than ever. Especially when she glared at Dash. It didn't last long though. She looked at me, then back at Dash, then let out a little sigh. I could do this. It was simple. It doesn't matter how tall she is or how creepy looking, or how all those holes in her mane don't make any sense which is even creepier. I can do this. Then Dash was in the air glaring at Chrysalis. AJ and Rarity were just sitting there staring into space. Pinkie was being oddly quiet, turning her head this way and that, looking at Chrysalis intently.

"I do have to try to be nice about this regardless, don't I? How tedious. I'm fairly certain you don't deserve it. Especially someone of my stature."

"You're mean." I said

"What was that?" Chrysalis turned to me.

"You're not nice at all, are you? You're a big meanie and you lied to me and…"

"Come on, talking isn't going to fix anything." Said Dash "I say we keep fighting." Oddly Chrysalis seemed to cringe at this. "I mean maybe it won't matter, but this is a stupid way to end things. Come on girls, who's with me?"

Rarity rolled her eyes. "Really Rainbow. The elements failed. Not because of improper use either, but because she's beyond them somehow."

"So what? We can at least beat up a few more minions."

"Yes because mindlessly beating up my soldiers will help so very much." Chrysalis shook her head. "You really are just pathetic, aren't you?"

"Whu?" uttered AJ "How's that a lie?"

"Stop it." I said "Stop all of it. I don't care if you're not really hurting ponies you're still scaring them for some reason, and breaking every thing. So please, stop."

"Wait a moment…" said Rarity

Dash rolled her eyes "Come on Flutter, asking the evil queen to stop nicely is not…"

Chrysalis bowed, a big smile on her face. "Of course my queen. As you command."

Dash just stared open mouthed.

"Why the hay did that work?" AJ yelled.

"As I said there are a few important details we haven't really had time to explain." Said Rairty. "Though this all suggests a very important question. If you truly serve Fluttershy…"

"Well, she didn't order me not to invade Canterlot, now did she?"

"What!"

I immediately turned invisible after my outburst. That was scary loud I think. Mostly because the only reason Chrysalis didn't fall over was because she caught herself with her wings.

"I'm sorry."

"As promising as that was you have excellent timing Fluttershy, so I must be off. In fact if you look at the other end of the room you will see…"

She trailed off as she turned around. There was a bright pink light around two ponies twisted into the shape of a heart. I hope that doesn't hurt.

"That is much more than I expected. I mean yes, alicorn of love, and that's not an entirely bad thing, but this is really going to seriously hurt, isn't it?"

"Come on, what is going on?" Said Dash

"That's what ah'd like to know sugarcube."

"Remember my queen. If you need me you know where to find me."

Then there was a pink blast and she was gone, along with every other changeling. I just stood there really unsure what to do. Then I looked up at the cocoon still attached to the ceiling with Princess Celestia still inside. Somepony sure needs to do that, but I don't think that should be me. I just sat down, even though I knew I should do something, I couldn’t quite convince myself to move.