• Published 4th Apr 2015
  • 452 Views, 5 Comments

Natureshy: RotE Episode 11 - Dream Volt



Fluttershy deals with deer, Discord, and some strange magical pony she's never met before.

  • ...
 5
 452

One more dream

It was a nice night on the hill. The rest of the field wasn't so nice, and I don't think it was all night either. Discord didn't seem to even notice me. I wondered if he even knew the Fluttershy he was chasing wasn't the real me. Luna was sitting next to me. She was the real Luna, though I wasn't sure if she was really here like Discord, or only sort of here like those unicorns that trained me.

"So why did you hide this?" I asked

"Because sister thinks this is the right course of action. I admit with mother back, no matter her state, I am somewhat more inclined to forgive, but there are limits."

I blinked. "Celestia agrees with me? I thought you and her might be mad once I realized it was you that kept looking in on my dreams."

"We were. It passed." Luna then took a deep breath and looked up. "I would not think the stars here would be so accurate. I get the feeling you fear the night."

"I do." I then went wide eyed. "I mean not the night exactly, but everything out in the night, or might be out in the night, or…"

"Calm thyself. As I said I assumed you did and did not blame you for that. The night has always been dangerous. Thus I am most curious why the stars are so accurate."

"Because I like looking up. Because sometimes I sit on my roof where nothing can get me and look at the pretty stars away from even Ponyville's lights and just stare. Because the night can be scary, but it's also peaceful and beautiful."

"Thank you. Now I wonder if I should have come to see you in your dreams earlier."

"Uh, how did you even figure out about Discord. Rarity knows, but I don't want to tell the others because I know they'll think it's a terrible idea, and then they'll convince me not to do it and…."

"He is an aberration in reality, and even worse in dreams. The first time I was merely trying to determine what disturbed the dreamscape, then for your safety."

"Oh, I'm not in any danger.

"Yes, we have noticed."

There was a silence only broken by Discord laughing in the distance as he was surrounded by six ponies with faded colors. It was too far away to tell what they were doing, and the glare from a sun I couldn’t see illuminating the scene made it even harder to see.

"I shouldn't be able to do this, should I?"

"If thou mean most ponies do not have the will to control their own minds to such a degree, then yes. You on the other hoof, are anything but ordinary."

I sighed and looked down. "It's more of being the element of kindness, isn't it."

"That we can't say. It is you regardless of source. I doubt the success of this mad plan, but even if you fail to reform him there is worth to it. Even if he convinces you he has changed, when he has not, in the end he is out of everyone else's manes for a time."

"Uh, can you maybe help me. I want to help him but…"

"I think sister is right. That you of all ponies are most likely to do this impossible task. Trust that since she had plans to reform him with you at the center most likely you will succeed. She is annoying like that."

I stared forward, eyes losing focus "Uh…."

"If you truly need help of any kind I will give it, but I doubt I will be of much use to you in this. Enough of the mad king, let us now talk of the queen of lies."

I gulped. "Is she really that bad? I know I can't trust her but she seemed nice."

"It's possible she truly likes you. Despite seeming to be a complete sociopath, she is more than capable of normal emotional attachments. While being her friend is trying she has truly never betrayed me directly. Though this pardon was close."

"Not the attack?"

Luna blushed. "Actually in retrospect the attack might be all my fault. I got her to promise to attack my sister's fortress either at a time of my choosing, or the first good opportunity. I also promised her a bonus if she could defeat my sister in combat, even for but a single moment."

"But that was all so long ago?"

"The fey do not forget. The truth is by succeeding at both I owe her both the old castle and my bigger promise that Changelings would walk the streets of my kingdom freely."

"But she attacked Canterlot and it's not your kingdom it's…"

"We rule together, so it is our kingdom. As to Canterlot the old castle was not specifically named on purpose, in case Celestia ran to some other site. It is best to try to eliminate all loopholes when it comes to the fey but those that benefit you."

"And maybe not even those?"

Luna nodded. "Possibly, but in this case it's mostly a matter of not making oaths you might later regret, because taking it back may not be an option."

"So, how do I know if she's telling the truth about anything?"

"You don't for the most part, but I have an idea. Take your friend Applejack and talk to her. Then you can know at least for the moment if what she tells you is fact, or fiction wrapped in sweet tones and misleading words."

"Uh, okay." I nodded

"Though first there is a matter you and at least some of your friends must deal with. She has sent an ambassador this night. A strange girl that claims to be her daughter I have never met before."

"Oh, does that mean I should wake up and…"

"I have already talked to mine sister and she has requested we wait till morning, as things well keep. This seems reasonable and the young princess was strangely thrilled to sleep in a real pony bed for the first time."

"Oh. Are you sure that she's not…"

"I have my best changelings watching her." Said Luna

"Your best changelings?"

"Yes, Chrysalis attempted to loan me one of her sons and a force of changelings, but they swore an oath to me so all this time stayed loyal to Equestria. We will introduce you to him properly tomorrow I think."

"Oh, because he wants to meet his new sister since he hasn't talked to his family in a thousand years?"

Luna laughed. "That too, though we just meant he made it very clear he wished to meet his new high queen."

"Oh, okay. So, Twilight mentioned Nocturne but didn't explain much."

Luna frowned slightly and laughed. "Yes, there is much to explain, isn't there? It's rather complicated actually. It all started during the dark time in my life right before I became the nightmare. It had to do with neither of us having a viable heir."

I was curious but suddenly I wasn't sure this was a good topic. Luna was still frowning and sounded rather down. I thought about asking her to talk about something else, but I go the feeling maybe it's best she talked about. The Alicorn bat pony seemed really scary at first, but she was nice and it bothered me the way she and Luna had such trouble talking with each other.