• Published 4th Apr 2015
  • 453 Views, 5 Comments

Natureshy: RotE Episode 11 - Dream Volt



Fluttershy deals with deer, Discord, and some strange magical pony she's never met before.

  • ...
 5
 453

More training, more lies

Harry was fine with it. I thought it looked uncomfortable, and he was obviously, but clearly not that much. I would still try to think of something extra nice I could do for him. The bear was wrapped quite securely in smooth vines, unable to escape. He really did try his hardest, I could tell. Whispy clapped her hooves together. I was still normal size, even though Angel tried so hard to teach me the size changing spell I never got it quite right. Meeting in front of the normal looking tree that was actually the palace was fine though.

"Excellent work. For only a few days you're made amazing progress."

"Well Acorn was a good teacher and this all seems to just, well…"

Whispy laughed. "Flow naturally? Of course."

"It's not really that impressive though, is it?"

She shook her head. "Oh no, it really is. If Sir Rabbit was here he could confirm it. No I have never heard of anyone with such natural aptitude."

"I'm sure Twilight could do better if she tried."

"I could be wrong, but I would guess the princess' student would have an especially hard time with nature magic still. At this point I'm sure she could learn, but not easily as you."

"Well, if you say so." I smiled a little. "I guess this is really easy."

Harry gave a grumbling little roar.

"Oh, so sorry. I can let him free now right?"

Whispy nodded. My butterflies appeared and when they touched the vines they receded into the dirt. Harry then stood up, nodded, and walked off. Then Chrysalis walked into the small clearing. She looked the same almost, but didn't have a dress this time, just her pretty silver crown. For a second her eyes were blue again but then they went back to those green snake like eyes that made her look so exotic. Snake eyes used to bother me a little since they reminded me of dragons, but ever since I asked that dragon to leave I've been able to look snakes in the eyes. It always felt rude since snakes aren't like dogs where looking them in the eye means something specific.

"I have managed to free up some time in my busy schedule and I'm in the area, so…"

"You are?" Whispy and I asked at the same time.

"Yes, I'm staying in Castle Everfree. My kind doesn't really have a proper home you see, and obviously the shadowed court wanted some info ahead of time, and an opportunity I just can't pass up came about so I'm staying at least a while longer."

"What exactly do you mean?" asked Whispy

"Oh nothing important really. My people have always had some issues with getting enough food, but very soon that won't be a problem."

"Oh my, that sounds horrible. Were your people really starving?" I asked

"Not starving no. It varies, but since I've been queen we've managed fairly well, but never really a comfortable level."

I smiled "But you fixed it. You're a good queen, aren't you?"

Chrysalis laughed. "I suppose, though good applies to me in few other ways." Then her expression got more stern. "But yes, my people are everything to me, and there is little I would not do for their sake."

Whispy gulped. "Uh, what exactly do you eat?"

Chrysalis waved a hoof. "Oh this and that, not even worth mentioning really. Come now Fluttershy. The way I see it since they had you all to yourself for a while I should get my turn now."

Whispy's eyes went wide. "You knew?"

"And I know about forest breezies and fairness."

"We follow the true way not…"

"Yes, yes, not the others. Don't care. The point is we were supposed to help her together. Of course you didn't have to tell me where she is but now…"

Whispy hung her head. "I have to agree. Be careful my queen."

I blinked. "Wait, you mean you lied to me?"

"Not lied, just neglected to mention Wynn's suggestion. And I neglected to tell Chrysalis exactly where you were. It was surely for the best. The dark can't be trusted."

"Can any of the fey be trusted?" I asked

"None entirely that I'm aware of." Said Whispy "Though some can be with specific things, and all of us take oaths seriously. Though that has it's own problems."

"It varies from race to race a great deal. You can trust my loyalty to you for instance, but very little else. However a good liar is just what you need high queen."

I just stood there, not sure what to say. I really wish I could write or talk to somepony, but everyone is elsewhere. Even Applejack went somewhere. I don't want to bother Celestia since apparently she's really worried about some attack. Then I suddenly had a really good idea.

"I should talk to Luna."

"What? Why Luna? What about?" Chrysalis' eyes wouldn’t quite stay still

"Oh, well this fey thing. I have to talk to somepony and…"

Chrysalis smiled, calming down. "Are you sure you wouldn't rather talk to Rarity?"

"But she's…"

"Where I was planning to return you. I'm a bit busy right now to teach you myself, but Ice is a very talented pony when it comes to magic. Thorax will also be there." She sighed. "Hopefully since this is basic magic he might prove himself useful."

"And I can talk to Rarity." I smiled. "Oh wait, can we go get Angel first."

"A pooka can be a surprisingly good bodyguard, and I approve of your choice. And of course we can. Whatever you desire high queen."

Then we were outside my house with a green flash. Now that I think of it this is much better. Luna said she would always have time for one of her saviors, but now that I think of it she should be busy right now in Cavernia negotiating with the bat ponies there. Besides Rarity knows so much about royalty and understands politics really well. She can probably help me a lot. I get the feeling Luna may be a princess but she really doesn't understand that sort of thing well, and not all of it is just her being gone so long. Though I am a little curious about why Chrysalis doesn't want me to talk to Luna, but it seems rude to ask. Also it didn't seem to bother her in the dream. Why would in pony be worse? It's probably nothing. So I can just let it be and not confront either of them in any way shape or form.