• Published 4th Apr 2015
  • 453 Views, 5 Comments

Natureshy: RotE Episode 11 - Dream Volt



Fluttershy deals with deer, Discord, and some strange magical pony she's never met before.

  • ...
 5
 453

Breezyville

It was so cute. It was a tiny little village in the branches of a huge tree. Well it was probably more like three or four grouping together in an oddly unnatural way. It wasn't obvious from the ground, or even higher up, but from here it was. It looked just like a little Ponyville, except the roofs were mostly mushrooms, and I think all the houses were made of just painted wood. Also the buildings all had little porches since it wasn't really solid ground beneath them. Then I blinked. There was a town hall, a boutique, even a sugar cube corner. They didn't look exactly the same, the boutique was mostly a reddish brown instead of white, but I could make out a few landmarks. I turned to Whispy next to me.

"Why does…"

"Ve visit Ponyville a lot. Some of us really liked some of the buildings."

"Oh. Uh, okay but…"

"I told you she might think it's creepy." Said a voice from nowhere

"It's not creepy."

"I still can't believe our queen is friends with the pink giant of ultimate sweetness."

I looked around. I couldn't see anypony. I know they're small but they sound really close. Then I noticed some weird bits of fuzzy distortion around me. I focussed on one in front of me and could make out some sort of form, though not the colors.

"Oh my, you can turn invisible." I said

"Not invisible as we thought apparently."

"She is the high queen, it only makes sense."

"Oh um." I looked back to Whispy. "Uh, Princess Whispy…"

"No." she said. "I'm not your superior so you can't use my title unless you're introducing me. It's just Vhispy or Villow, or the whole thing."

"Sorry." I said

"It's okay, you don't really have to listen since you're high queen, and it's a minor rule so my punishment is relatively minor."

I blinked. "Your punishment, but I'm the one that made a mistake."

She shook her head. "No you didn't. You're my superior. Thus you can't make a mistake. So obviously it must have been my fault."

"I don't understand."

"Don't worry, it's really very minor. In fact with a little luck the injuries won't even leave me bedridden for more than a day."

I went wide eyed. "Oh no, I'm so sorry. Please, I don't want anything to happen to you."

She smiled widely then hugged my hoof. "Oh thank you great queen. You truly are as kind as to be expected to waive my punishment like that."

"Oh, uh, you're welcome."

I suddenly had some idea what Angel meant about rules. I also remembered some stories mommy used to tell me about the yokai. She told me most yokai are really fae, just like my favorite butterfly winged doll when I was really little. I think she was even almost the same size as Whispy, though unlike the Breezies my doll didn't have antenna, just the wings. This reminded me of something important.

"Vhat is it my queen? You look as if you want to ask something."

"Uh, well, how am I queen of the fey? I mean there's a lot I don't understand but well I'm not even fey so…"

She shook her head. "Oh, no you certainly are. You are certainly the only foundling ever to reach a high position, but after the tests there can be no doubt. You are the high queen and any foolish enough to doubt should cower before your vrath."

"Oh, my."

Whispy was still smiling. "Does that answer your question."

"Um, not really. Maybe if you told me what a foundling was."

"Oh, of course. It means you have fey blood strong enough to considered a true fey. The term comes from the fact you must be found, as neither parent is fey, but for vhatever reason your bloodline suddenly presents itself."

"Oh, and Sky already knows this?"

"I expect so. Though obviously she barely counts. Especially compared to you. Most other fey can't even see though our veil."

I gulped. That sounds like this could really easily be another discussion about how powerful I should be, or the terrifying things I can do, or something else like that. Then I had a really good idea how to change the subject. I also smiled brightly, since it would be really nice.

"Can you teach me to do that?" I asked

"Vhat?"

"To turn invisible. So no one can see me. That would be nice. It doesn't matter how big and scary something is if it can't see you."

Vhispy nodded. "Yes, it's what we're most proud of. The breezy veil is the best in the known world."

"Uh about that, I have been reading about breezies since a few years ago when they came though, well not exactly though but…"

Whispy rolled her eyes. "Ugh, those fools. Yes they actually remember our language, and we don't but they did just about everything else wrong."

"Bunch of pathetic little weaklings who can't even fly on their own."

"That fancy realm of theirs is way to nice on them."

"Plus they don't even remember how to hide."

"Yea, those gust breezies are just plain pathetic."

"That wasn't very nice." I said

"Sorry my queen" they all said

"I believe the proper retribution is…" Then Whispy blinked "Oh wait, no according to the rules even though you're a superior talking about the fools has no inherent punishment. Do you wish to add one my queen?"

"No, but I'd still like you to be nicer." I said

"But those weaklings are…"

"Uh, so would you like to teach me to hide like a breezy?" I smiled

"I vould love to." Whispy then sighed and looked down "But uh it's not really teachable. I am sorry, but it just cannot be done."

"Oh." I sighed. "That would have been nice. I mean not just for monsters either. It would be really nice if the next time I'm trying to hide from Dash because she thought up some fun thing that's only fun for her I could actually disappear."

"Hmmm, maybe I could at least teach you to be invisible." Said Whispy

"Yea, it's not as good as our ability to hide, but that could still be useful." Said one of the invisible breezies.

Whispy nodded. "Yes, that might be possible, but ve should probably focus on other things first. Invisibility spells are tricky."

"Oh yes."

"Very true."

"Okay. So what am I learning first?" I smiled

"Well a simple size changing spell of course. It will be more convenient for everypony, and it's an important lesson too. I'll start by just casting one on you if you'll allow it."

"Oh you don't need to ask for my permission."

"She means if you're not open to it, it won't work." Said a random voice

"And the shivering suggests you might not be totally ready." Added Whispy

"Cast it. Please."

I smiled widely. I was still shaking a little, but not much. They seemed so nice, and were clearly trying to help me. It was silly to be scared, but I couldn't help it. Whispy's antenna lit up and then really suddenly I was tiny just like Whispy. She was staring at me.

"I vas not expecting that." Said a breezy nearby

"They're so beautiful."

"But it was just a shrinking spell?" said a third voice

"Vhy did your wings change?" asked Whispy

I turned around and now I had a big set of fairy wings. They were mostly blue, with pink as a secondary color, and little bit of yellow, black, and white. They were so pretty, the way the light filtered though them as I flapped.