• Published 13th May 2012
  • 5,582 Views, 159 Comments

The Everfree Chronicles: The Alchemist - Roran Dreamon



The Everfree Forest, never a safe place for anyone to live in except for one colt, he calls it home.

  • ...
24
 159
 5,582

Chapter 13: First Week on the Job

Sweet Apple Acres, Outskirts of Ponyville, 6am, Two Days Later, Monday.


'Sleeping in a nice comfy bed is always a nice change of pace, hell it is even better when I can manage to even sleep after getting my butt kicked by a a group of mares with magical artifacts that can easily overwhelm me...wait that's not good for me...eh whatever...wait...why did it get cold all of a sudden? Wait...sudden coldness...bright lights? No...NO! I don't want to be dead yet! I still have some much left to do in life! I never got married...never had little foals of my own, hell I didn't even get the chance to finally beat Applejack and Rainbow Dash in a hoof-wrestling contest! Why must I die now!'

The feeling of ice cold water splashing me in the face suddenly woke me up from my pleasant sleep, shivering in a now very wet and cold soft bed, looking at my attackers, the Apple Family. All of them had large smiles and grins plastered on their faces, Applebloom was happy as a clam to see me, Big Mac was well...being himself, Granny Smith was giving me a questionable smile that I could tell was she was silently judging me, as for Applejack, that heart-warming smile of hers was enough to get me to sit up from the bed to look right at her, only for me to quickly look away before any strange thoughts come to mind.

'Dude she is beautiful, just admit it.'

'No dude, because if I do admit it and she finds out, and after what I just showed her...she will just think that I am pulling on everyponies heartstrings...and I do not want to end up on the receiving on the end of a rope swing.'

'Oh come on, so what if she saw that, remember what happened, Nightmare Moon is gone, which means you can never have her, ever again, so we might as well just look for some other mare to fall in love with, its not like love is in the air, we can easily fall in love to anypony that strikes our fancy.'

'Your a sick minded pony...you know that? Love is something that is special and once you have a special somepony you can't just forget about her and move on! That is just rude and dishonorable...and besides...even if we can find a special somepony how will they react to us? I mean we basically scared the living day-lights out of them, what makes you think they will forgive us? I doubt they will even want to speak to us...that and well...there is...one pony that has my eye....well...three ponies...but even if I could...'

'Just take them on a date or something, learn more about them and the one you love the most just go for it! What is the worst that can possibly happen?'

'Don't ever say that...'

Shaking my head from my mental debate on 'special somepony' was enough for me to notice that each of them are still staring at me except that Applebloom was holding another bucket with ice cold water on her head, and it was aimed at my face.

'Oh crap...'

Before even giving me a chance to speak in my own defense of my absent-minded debate, Applebloom jumped up at me, making the ice water fly out of the bucket and onto my still cold shivering form, only making it worse for me, and since today was my first day in being a bodyguard for the bearers...I rather not fail now.

"Thanks for waking me up...now I must warm myself up and don my armor, then eat my ration meal of stale oatmeal and a banana. At least the rations from the royal guard is slightly better than what the guards would have received if I won...nothing more than hot oatmeal but with no spoons." I said with a grumble as I got out of bed and shook off the freezing cold water off of my body, grumbling more as a draft of wind glides into the house which sent shivers up and down my spine. 'Damn that is cold water, where did they get this from the Deep North?'

"Sorry 'bout that Shady, but we had to wake you up somehow, 'nd besides it was funny seein' you slack-jawed like that for a moment there. And we also wanted to welcome you to the Apple Family, so get all frilly or somethin' and come down stairs to meet everypony."

Rubbing the back of my head with my hoof, I shrug a bit before completely rolling out of bed and onto the floor with a very soft thud before getting on all four hooves and standing up, shaking the water off of me, giving a plain stare to everypony in the room, but giving a smile to Applebloom for the wake up call. "Well thanks for waking me up...but what time is it? My internal alarm clock is still...well...iffy since waking up at random points in time doesn't really help me, and also...my head still hurts as if I headbutted into a brick wall at a high rate of speed....ouch still hurts when I try to think too hard..." a sharp sting of pain rushes to my head when I tried to think of a very basic spell such as mage light or levitation.

'Curse this missing horn...now I have to do everything the hard way...even door knobs are gonna be a pain in the flank to open up....why do we even have knobs! I mean come on we don't even know why we invented knobs when we just had push open doors with normal locks! But nooooooooo somepony wanted to be a hard-flank and invented knobs, meant for magic or other creatures with digits....what kind of whacked out security measure was this?'

"Tis alright sugarcube, just take things slow till that horn of yours grows back...not that reminds me of what Twi said earlier yesterday when you were still getting things sorted in the guest room, something about how horns shouldn't be able to grow back unless it's put back, but your horn is growin' back for some reason. Any idea why that is?" said Applejack, damn for a mare that works and lives in the country-side she sure as hell can get pretty damn crafty when the need arises. Might as well flatter her with my knowledge, maybe it might even go over her head.

Cracking my neck as I roll it in place, earning a nice loud crack which earned a wince from all the ponies in the room but me, odd how they don't like that sound, to me that is the sound that means that I am still alive and kicking, guess I should explain some other things while I am at it...

"Well, Twilight Sparkle is correct, when a unicorn or if possible an alicorn loses their horn, it does not grow back and the pony that lost said horn becomes something called 'Arcane Mute', said unicorn can not use magic and basically becomes a very weak earth pony, but said unicorn has a chance to regain the powers of magic if they are able to reattach their missing horn if they are able to put it back where it was on their forehead, exactly in the same position it was in, and secured tightly enough and fast enough, otherwise that pony runs the risk of losing their connection to the magic within themselves."

"But Mister Nightshade I heard that ya horn was bucked off by Rarity's papa and that it was broken into a lot of bits and pieces, so how come you ain't that so called arcane silent or somethin?" Applebloom said with somewhat of actual knowledge of what I just said, there might be hope of teaching her something yet.

Turning my gaze to meet hers I cleared my throat, walked over and placed on my muzzle my signature reading glasses, than started speaking in a more intellectual tone. "Well Little Applebloom the reason why my horn is able to grow back is that because of what Nightmare Moon has done to me in the past." and before any of them has a chance to ask me why I raise my hoof up at them to continue my explanation. "When I was no more than 10 years old, three years after I was exiled from Ponyville for murder...I was being trained by Nightmare Moon and by a ghost of her old Commander of the Lunar Guard, and during those three years of training my horn occasionally was damaged, chipped or scratched, which to a unicorn is very bad since having your horn damaged means having your spell affected for a terrible outcome, mostly ending in failure or down right exploding right in your face. Well during one of my many training days, during an activity to help me move faster and be quick on my hooves I tried to duck a blow that would have otherwise removed my head but I did not duck down closer to the ground and my horn was cut clean off, no blood, no mess, just clean shave. And during my hysterical reaction of losing my horn Nightmare Moon quickly came over and with what little magic she had available at the time she reattached my horn and healed it, than later on in the week as my horn fully healed in the dead of night under a full moon, she gave me a blessing..." I said while keeping my posture of an uptight college teacher but instead I slightly broke down to a depressed school teacher after talking about the night of the blessing.

"Wha happen with the blessen'? Somethin went wrong with it?" Big Mac said while looking at my helmet that was sitting on a bedside table, trying to figure out what the whole was for until he noticed it was slightly angled outward, meaning it was meant for a unicorn's horn. Sheepishly putting it back down and knocking over my old sword, a dull blue blade that has yet to be sharpened after all the abuse I put that thick blade through.

"Well Mac...during the night of the first blessing something did happen, just something I did not expect to happen to be so...physical." I said with slight shame, after all my first blessing was rather scary as hell, it even scared me to the point of passing out when it was over.

"At that point of time, I was new to well feeling anything, most feelings of love or any other mushy stuff but during that night, Nightmare Moon told me to brace myself, and by brace she meant to hold completely still with my hooves at an angle so I would be perfectly balanced, well I didin't listen. What she did was she kissed my horn and that sudden feeling of pleasure and well...a sensitive horn being touched by a very soft kiss was enough for my nerves to overload, forcing my body to shut down upon itself and I later woke up in a field of poison joke...it wasn't very funny...I had to be stuck with myself being all...joked out...it was humiliating at best." I said while blushing greatly, looking away not only out of shame that I just told Applejack, Applebloom, Big Macintosh, and Granny Smith that Nightmare Moon licked my horn and I essentially passed out from it.

'I just said that secret now didn't I?'

'Yes you did.

'Buck my life...'

'Already on it'

'Buck you'

"Anyways that blessing that she gave me was that my horn was no longer frail or brittle and instead when my horn gets removed and being arcane mute permanently, my horn will grow back after a week and my horn will be thicker in the process, but at the cost of focusing on casting magic, so whenever that was to happen I have to get my horn shaven down back to its original thickness and shape, otherwise it will take me forever to realign my magic to my new horn. Any questions or can we move on from this awkward moment?" I said in a near pleading manner since this was basically grown-up talk and last time I checked Applebloom was no where near our ages, as for Granny Smith she must have at least heard all about this already in her time.

After putting fixing what little of my mane that is not completely ruined by blood and dirt, which is safe to say that most of it was left untouched but the feeling of dry blood and dirt mixed with my mane is not a good feeling, reminds me of dry mud on my coat and the scraping of a scraper getting rid of it was annoying, hell it was even painful when the mud was deep into my coat...still hate the scraper. Putting on my nocturnal guard armor with ease since it was magically attuned to me making it easier to put it on instead of painstakingly putting on and off straps and metal plating, instead I just got to put my legs in the holes of the armor and slip it on quick, simple and easy. Feeling satisfied that my armor was snugly tight on my body and that I look at least presentable to anything smart enough to understand a single word that will be coming out of my mouth I began my day full of energy, a mild headache, and a drive that said 'NOTHING CAN STOP ME NOW!'.

Today is gonna be a good day.


Sweet Apple Acres, Midnight, Monday


"Worst.Day.Ever."

'You have no idea'

'Shut it, you did nothing but tell me to work harder!'

Exhausted after a hard days worth of work, bucking apple tree's, picking up said apples that have missed the neatly arranged buckets, hauling same buckets to a cart, and being hitched to said cart to transport the apples to be sold in Ponyville, and being used like that was slightly degrading, after all I was wearing royal nocturnal guard armor, so it only made it sting even more. And after hauling the heavy payload to town I had to sort out the apples that were rotting away and eaten by critters and keep those away from the clean fresh apples, would have been easier if I had my horn...

...or maybe somepony to help me with it, freaking hate working without magic! And how the hell do my hooves even grasp something when it is flat? I swear if I find out whoever wrote that book about hooves and digits I am going to throw said pony into a lake than freeze the lake over until I just see a body floating upside down!

'Or maybe we can just set the book on fire?'

'Okay that works to...'

After collecting what little thoughts I had in my head I gently rub the spot where my horn was growing back, it was nothing more than 1/4th the size and pointedness as it was original but it was getting there, just a few more days till that blasted thing was back to its hopefully original size and length...cause if it wasn't going to a spa was out of the question, way to girly for a full grown stallion...or maybe just plain girly in general.

Sweet Apple Acres, Morning, Thursday


"Finally today is the day I can get rid of these stupid bandages! Oh sweet Luna I can finally use magic again!"

'I just hope that my horn does not require a hornicure...rather not somepony that I do not know of grinding it away to the point of it being to small or brittle...hopefully I can do it myself.'

After yelling loudly at the crack of dawn and literally beating the rooster outside to its job of waking everypony at the farm I was quite literally prancing back and forth in the living room laughing like an idiot as I was levitating a pair of scissors and a mirror, mostly paying attention to the mirror since that was going to be the thing that I will be looking at to make sure my horn is back the way it was.

"Ah swear Applejack this pony gone crazy, not once have ah seen him ever act like this beside the time ah saw him levitating a book as large as Applebloom when we were just colts...Ah I fear for him that he may go insane." said Big Mac, apparently he feared that I would have lost my head after losing my magic potential. We will see about that.

Meanwhile Applejack was currently sleeping while standing up, her mane was a mess and looked like it hasn't been taken care of in weeks, along with the fact that she has bags under her eyes and she looks like she went ten rounds with a bear and lost each time. Looks like somepony needs a bit of shuteye...the old fashion way. Aka being forced onto the bed, tied down and a good buck upside the head to knock said pony out to get a few hours of sleep.

"Haha very funny Macintosh.......wait you saw that? I thought I was just hearing somepony laughing from a safe distance not from that close! What else did you see? Tell me!" I shouted while still jumping up and down with my bandages still wrapped around my head while wrapping my hooves around his neck trying to strangle the life out of him but knowing that he is somewhat thicker than me I couldn't even get my hooves around his throat let alone the yoke he is always wearing...creepy.

"And why is Applejack asleep while standing up? Does she ever get enough sleep or are all of you Apples ponies that never need sleep? Or maybe you are all zombie ponies from Sunny Town and are trying to feast on our brains! Or maybe I really am going crazy since I haven't used my horn in a week....lets go with not crazy." I said while shamefully looking away from everypony in the room, Applebloom was looking at me with a questionable look when I mentioned 'Sunny Town', not sure why but I will inquire about that later.

After poking Applejack for a few minutes she snaps awake and unknowingly bucks me in the side, sending me literally out the front door and with a thump I fell into a heap of pain and most importantly, a bushel of apples. Sweet tasty apples.

Groaning in pain I just wiggle my way out of the bushel and went back to bucking the southern orchard, grumbling incoherent words about the Apple family and other words that doesn't make sense. Even more grumbling to the fact that Applebloom was following me while trying to be sneaky, which was failing since she kept stepping on twigs and dead leaves that always let out a loud crack which leaves me wondering as to why am I being followed by a little filly? My answer to my question in my head was answered when turned my head and saw Applebloom was almost literally trying to climb onto my back when I stopped moving.

"Applebloom...why are you on my back and how come you are trying to wear my cloak? And also why were you following me to my section of the orchard when I am clearly going to be busy?" I said with a stern look on my face, Applebloom on the other hoof was giving me the sad puppy eyed look, the face that can easily break the will of anypony that tried to resist it, namely me. "Oh come on that is not fair...you know that I can not say no to you when you give me that face...alright alright I give just tell me what you want already before your big sister comes by and bucks me again." I said while mumbling that it was unfair that she had to use the eyes of sadness on me, that was my only weakness, that and pies and muffins.

Waiting a while for an answer I simply just stare at her until she finally squeaked out what she wanted to say which to me surprised me.

"Mr. Nightshade is alright if ah can ask ya a question." my lord she is to sweet and innocent for me to corrupt...just yet...maybe a year or two and I can finally give her all the kinds of talks that I had to go through.

"Well it depends Applebloom, what is the question that you want to ask me?" I said while moving to my assigned tree, which has a slightly less apples then the rest of the others only because it is one of the youngest trees around.

"Ma question is, (Oh please let it not be the birds and the bees) do ya like ma sister?" (Oh thank Luna I thought I had to tell her a life lesson or something of importance....wait like her sister?) the question in general confused me to almost no ends.

"Well Applebloom I do like your sister, she is nice but I also hate her since she did almost kill me almost two weeks ago. So in essence I both like and hate her, hate her for nearly killing me but like her for being kind, nice, giving me a place to stay and a job to boot...but still hate her for crushing my ribs when she threw me into the stone wall when she used that lasso on me." I said while grinding my left front hoof into the dirt, kicking it up as I tried to focus my magic onto the tree to try and levitate every single apple off of it in one fell swoop. Unfortunately for me my horn was still iffy at the moment and instead of apples being levitated off the tree, I was levitated off the floor and rose five feet off the floor until I stopped focusing on the tree and was unceremoniously dropped onto the floor. The sounds of a filly giggling at me was undoubtedly the only thing I heard besides the sounds of the wind rustling through the tree's and the chirping of song birds, those three and the sounds of Applejack bucking a tree close by while talking to herself, most likely going crazy from the heat getting to her.

"Ya like ma sister? And what do ya mean ya hate her? Ya just said that ya liked her so how do ya hate her also?" Applebloom said while still giving me that sad face of hers, and I swear if I tried to say no or look away I can honestly feel my soul being torn apart by a pack of timber wolves that have been starving for weeks.

I sighed deeply before face-hoofing myself really hard, dragging the hoof downward until finally letting it hit the dirt floor before thinking of an answer to give the little filly, which apparently is to cute for her own good since she is persistent like her big sister. While I was thinking on an answer I could have sworn I heard the sound of leaves being stepped on by light hooves, probably thinking it is one of the other girls or maybe Granny Smith.

"Alright let me explain it to you than. I like her because she is brave, has a lot of heart, more honest than me, kinda cute...smart enough to know how to handle situations, pretty good with her apple bucking job, and also well...she means well enough to take me into her house even though she most likely still hates me beyond comprehension since I sided with Nightmare Moon." I said while struggling off the stare she is giving me, going back to the tree I decide to give it a good kick only for me to feel the hooves of another pony that was trying to buck the same tree as me, turning my head slowly to see who it was, it was none other than Applejack herself except she looks like she was tossed into a twister and looked like a complete wreck.

Looking back at Applejack it seems that she was surprised that she missed the tree but even more surprised that both our hooves are touching and were holding each other up and that if we moved our hooves wrong we would fall on our bellies on the hard dirt floor, well probably hurt her but leave me dusty.

"Erm...hiya...Applejack....erm...uhh...can ya...you know...go to a different tree....this one is mine...well my practice tree since I am still getting used to bucking...and now using my magic...yea...my magic is still a bit...iffy since my horn is kinda...out of tune." I said while kinda flushed, it is embarrassing for me since I rarely ask for assistance since that would make me look weak and my training from Nightmare Moon reinforced the rule: 'Never ask for assistance for anything unless you are vastly outnumbered by a greater force', and since Applejack is like that but only during the harvest season, well...I guess she is rather acting more stubborn than a mule or is just too nervous to ask for any real help.

"I am just going to...yea...imma just leave you now so we can get back to..bucking these trees here now...he he he..." I once again said while trying to back away from her until I met a pair of hooves on the back of my head forcing it to turn my whole body around until I was staring Applejack right in her eyes, and from the look those eyes are giving me was enough to make me pull up my greaves, tighten my armor, and to stop acting like such a pansy. I look back into those eyes and than with enough speed I quickly give Applejack a quick peck on the cheek to pull her out of the zombie-like induced state long enough for me to quickly buck two tree's before getting lassoed by her and dragged back toward the barn, while at the same time yelling "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo"

While being dragged Big Mac looked at me with a smirk and was silently laughing at my expenses, Applebloom was following behind me giggling as well, clearly thinking that my quick kiss on the cheek was enough to knock her out of the sleepless state, to bad it worked well enough for her to notice that I did kiss her, even worse that she knew that it was me instead of Applebloom. Worse nightmare coming true was that I am being lassoed and dragged back to the house by Applejack and followed by Applebloom, worse case scenario: I get bucked to the point of being in a coma, best case scenario: She tells me to never do that again.

After breathing deeply and not entirely looking Applejack in the eye before closing them, I sigh loud enough for her to hear it before speaking to her, "Applejack I just want to say that I am so-" I was interrupted by the feeling of something warm and moist touching my lips, opening my eyes to an at first odd sight. Applejack kissing me on the lips but it was short-lived before I realized that near the table next to me was a pair of golden tickets, and written clearly that I could easily see spelled out: Invitation to the Grand Galloping Gala.

"Applejack...are you...asking me to the Gala?" not only was I surprised beyond normal belief since I am going to Canterlot with her if she was actually asking me, but also that I would be going with her as a date...wait...this probably is not going to end well if she actually has a plan.

Almost on que she nods yes before pulling me into a hug, Applebloom was still jumping up and down and by the sounds of the heavy hooves hitting the wooden floorboards means that Big Mac just entered the room, and by the silence that I am hearing it means that he accepts it, good for me since I am not getting plowed into the floor or the wall and turned into a wall decor by a large red stallion, good for me.

After the hug breaks she un-lasso's me and lets me walk out of the room long enough before she whispers something to Macintosh while Applebloom follows me outside until she turns to the general direction of her tree-house and gallops off towards it, leaving me alone to my own business, and that business is eavesdropping on the two.

"Ah know what am doin' Macintosh, just trust me on tis one okay? I am only just asken him out to the Gala since he thinks ah got an extra ticket, and we both know that he would have never even wanted to go unless he was actually fallen for me." Well...now that I think about it...no...no way...oh dear Luna help me out here...my head is hurting me now.

"Ah do trust ya but its just that its Nightshade we are talkin' about, and ah know him better than anypony and trust me when I say this. Do not trust him with anythin' important, ever since he came back to Ponyville he has been actin' a bit strange...ah don't know why though but ah I know he is up to somethin..." wow friend...after all the things we been through you don't trust me at all! Well...I guess I know a way to sort this out...the old fashioned way.

"Well just trust me on it okay and besides he can't do anythin' anyways since his horn is still actin' up so if anythin' goes wrong ah can just give him a good buck upside the head an he will be right as rain." Hmmm...she does make a good point now...but than again I can just go to the spa and get my horn filed down to its original shape.

After waiting for them to keep whispering I give up and quickly go back to bucking the tree's just so I can get this over with and go over to the spa to fix my horn, I rather be at my best condition when I go to the gala than have my horn look like it went through a blender and was hastily pasted back together.

Looking back as I buck the next tree in my lane I noticed that I was finally getting the hang of it and was actually getting more than 10 apples at a time per buck, improving on my technique I quickly start bucking with more force and at a higher spot on the tree which yielded almost all the apples this time, and in a fit of gleeful chuckle before bucking it again with more force completely taking every last apple off the tree into the buckets waiting below.

Smiling with glee that I have gotten better after a few improvements to my bucking I quickly proceed with my work until the sun was starting to set and quickly going back to the house to be standing in the doorway looking at Applejack, Applebloom, Big Macintosh and Granny Smith, while they were all looking at me with questionable stares.

"Okay what did I do this time." I said with my ears pressed down against my head and my eyes half closed.

Without even a second to be given a single response all four of them run up to me, except for Granny Smith who did an ungodly slow walk over to me in which we all moved closer to her just so we don't have to wait hours just for her to get close enough to share in on the group hug they all are giving me. The sudden hug was confusing but the fact that none of them are explaining to why they are hugging me was even more so strange until finally they broke the hug after a good five minutes of a 'fuzzy-warm-feeling' hug in which they all stare at me with smiles and grins plastered all over their faces.

"Uh can somepony please explain to me what is going on? This is all very confusing since nopony bothered to explain and the sudden hug was also...surprising to say the least. So can somepony please explain to me the group hug and the smiles...it kinda is erm...well kinda creeping me out." after trying to say what was on my mind they all backed off from me and kept giving me those smiles until Granny Smith finally made her way up to me and with a small smile she finally said what was on her mind.

"Ah know what you are a thinkin' young whippersnapper" 'whippersnapper? What am I? 7?' "and you are probably wonderin' why we all hugged you with smiles and well, this is the first time anypony of the Apple family was ever sent to the Gala and we want this to be special, so if ya ever make ma little youngin' sad in anyway...or if ya harm her...you would not like to what imma do to you." Granny said while looking me in the eyes, and she may be old but by what she said still was enough to induce a slight fear into my system. A granny saying something like that is good enough to scare most stallions away, to me its more like 'You buck up and you will never see the light of day again', something that I am used to.

Afterwards that I go to leave the house but I make a quick detour to my old friend Big Mac, and he was still giving me that all knowing smirk, in which I grab him by the yoke and bring him close to my face.

"You sir...have talked behind my back, spitting on my honor so know." I said while pulling out a white glove with my teeth and slapping him in the face with it in front of his entire family. "Big Macintosh Apple, I challenge you to a duel!" I said clearly annoyed that he had the guts to talk behind my back when I was still within earshot.

"Ah accept...what time and what place?"

"At Ponyville Marketsquare, at dawn tomorrow my talkative old friend...this duel will settle many scores we have yet to settle. For now rest easy Macintosh...for the dawn will be your end. Good day to you sir!" I said turning and walking towards the Everfree Forest before fading away into the brush and branchs of the darkness.

After a while Macintosh and Applejack just look at the forest until finally they go back inside the house and figure out what just happened. Macintosh was busy trying to figure out how I learned that he was talking behind my back and how I managed to pull a white glove out of nowhere.




Everfree, Royal Castle Ruins, Midnight


Returning to my old home I noticed that the ivy, vines, grass and plants have started to reclaim the castle, returning it back to its old stature and appearence, as the interior of it is still as fresh as I left it, returning back to my room I collect a few things that I have left behind since my stay in the hospital and the Apple residence hasn't really allowed me much time to take what little belongings I have to my new home, and I was not leaving behind the portrait of me and Nightmare Moon, my journal, my hammer and tongs, forging book, bundle of poison joke, and lastly my little plush doll of Nightmare Moon with her armor made of cotton and silk. After taking everything from my room, I look around quietly before shutting the door and locking it with a special black key that I had forged in secret three years ago and hit the key inside my armor near the neck plating.

"Okay...thats everything....now time to get some rest before the duel...might as well get some rest in the forest...im sure my old wolf friends wouldn't mind helping me get some sleep...I just hope that Bright Branch is still in one-piece...eh". I said while happily trotting out of the castle with my gear in tow, smiling as I picked up a nightshade flower with my teeth as I place in on my armor, keeping any harmful living beasts at bay with its scent and aura.

After a good ten minutes of walking in the forest I found what I was looking for, my friendly group of timber wolves and my pet alpha that I have raised since it was nothing more than twigs and leaves. Bright Branch. Waving at the pack as they quick approach me, the alpha jumps onto of me and starts to lap at my face with his leafy tongue, leaving behind tree-sap saliva on my cheek. "Easy their big boy, I am just hear for the night, at dawn I have a score to settle...so for now lets all rest...hehe and tomorrow prepare to scare the living day lights out of those ponies hehe."


Ponyville, Marketsquare, Dawn


"Hello Ponyville! Are you ready to rumble!"