• Published 28th Feb 2015
  • 5,665 Views, 67 Comments

Pesky Draconequui & Their Meddling - hollowsbest



Mirabelle had fallen asleep in her safe, warm bed at home on Earth and in the human world. Completely normal, so I spice things up. Now she's in Eris's body the me from another universe. Chaos ensues, most of it unintended.

  • ...
18
 67
 5,665

Chapter Two - Chaos Magic

Author's Note:

Edited
9/03/15
I have edited it! And made it longer by roughly 200 words, a new chapter should be out in a few days, sorry for the inconvenience.

"Brony, meet pony. Pony meet brony." Discord said, appearing as suddenly as he left. I jerked back in shock at Discord whom had appeared between Pinkie and me. Pinkie had just burst into giggles as she was prone to do. "I knew something was off with you! Now I know what." Pinkie said, a grin in her muzzle.

"I'm not even going to ask." I answered, knowing it would make my brain hurt if I tried to scientifically understand Pinkie Pie. "Can you do what Discord does? Like make a cotton candy cloud which rains chocolate milk?" Pinkie asked, bouncing on her hooves. I shook my head, me casting chaos magic hadn't even entered my head. I had been busy with Disord hang gliding.

"Oops, I could've sworn... Oh well. Time for lesson one." Discord said, snapping his claw and a blackboard appeared. If you weren't paying attention we were still in Sugarcube Corner and Discord was teaching me chaos magic in the middle of it. "If you know how to look, you can 'see' the strings of reality and twist them to create, destroy or twist the world around you. It's relatively simple, until you start meddling with the strings around living things. We'll start with the basics." Discord created an apple and held it out, I reached for it but he slapped my paw away. "Nope, levitate it over. Once you got that down, we can move to more complicated stuff."

I emptied my mind, or as well as I could with Pinkie and Discord beside me. Slowly I started to see strings, like Discord had described, the strings were glowing gently. I glanced at the floating Draconequus and noted that some strings around him were pulled tight while others were pulled gently while he bobbed up and down, I then noted how much strain that seemed to be on a string.

I jumped as it suddenly snapped, Discord seemed to drop suddenly then go back to floating normally, no one else move a muscle, though I'm sure I saw Discord flinch at the sound. I then concentrated on the strings around the apple, the ones on the top and imagined something gently pulling the strings. Nothing happened for a moment then the apple started to rise, and that's when everything went to hell.

I grinned, I had levitated the apple, then suddenly, it zipped right past my face and out the door. We heard a loud clanging noise, I turned and watched as Mrs. Cake, Mr. Cake & the twins shot out the door away from the banging.
"Get out while you still can!" Mr. Cake yelled back before he left with his wife.

Discord and I shared a glance, we headed into the kitchen and what I saw made me stare. Pots, pans, pie pans, cupcake trays, batter and many other things were flying around on wings. Like the keys on Harry Potter but much more weird, Discord gave it a glance before he stuck a talon on the bater and tasted it.
"Surprisingly yummy." He said, then turned to face the chaos.
I copied him and tasted the batter as well. "Mmm." I said, then turned to look at why the clanging had stopped.
"Uh, Discord..." I said, staring at the fighting force amassed.
The cooking items were buzzing on their new found wings and (sentience?) and were now very, very pissed off. And all because we had tasted the batter.
"Buck." I swore, things were going really downhill from here.
"Yep. Buck." Discord replied.
"RUN!" We yelled at the same time and shot off, heading towards the front door.

We weren't lucky, not at all. A small group blocked us off and we back off, I glanced around around for a weapon and then shrugged and grabbed a rolling pin that was heading for my head. I ripped it's wings off. Hey! Don't look at me like that, it's not like it could feel anything.
I then started to defend myself and retaliate from the containers, pots, pans, etc. Discord joined me welding a tennis racket, don't ask me where he got it, and we managed to escape to the counter.

I jumped over the top, Discord floated over.
"This is surprisingly fun." I muttered, taking a swing at a baking pan which had tried to dive-bomb me.
"Yep, this is fun!" Discord replied gleefully, beating back baking instruments left, right and center.
"Can I have another Chaos Magic lesson later? Somewhere where things aren't trying to kill us?"
"Yep! How about Twi's castle? I bet we could sneak in there."
"Kay, it'll be there."
"Now, onto ze battle!"

A few moments later I noticed the things flying at us had lessened, I glanced up and saw a large cauldron.
"Shall we bail?"
"Definitely."

And on that note we both bolted out the front door and into the street, I slammed the door shut behind us and leant against it. "Wait, wasn't Pinkie in there?" I asked nervously.
"BOO!" The pink pony yelled scaring me half to death.
"Pinkie, is tonight Nightmare Night?"
"Nope!"
"Then don't go around scaring pe- ponies."
"Oki-doki-loki." She said, I nodded.
"So, what now? It's not like anything more crazy than that could happen." I said, jerking my thumb at the closed door where a angry buzzing was coming from. I shuddered thinking about what could've happened if we had stayed within it.

We both swung round once we heard the screams of terror. "I spoke too soon." I said dryly and then ran towards the scene with Pinkie and Discord hot on my tail.